New music from Steve

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: New music from Steve

Postby St.George » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:44 pm

He vanished again. No album status, no appearances, no PR, no nothing...

Assume it! HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIS FANS!
User avatar
St.George
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:59 pm

Re: New music from Steve

Postby scarab » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:29 am

i thought him hiring a high end manager to brokers a record deal was promising.
but i have a feeling even if an album is released he will do little to promote it and it will fade away quickly.

wish he would release just one song, which has the most chance to get airplay.
thought for sure the Eels thing was him testing the waters, and it was a huge success.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Memorex » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:35 am

St.George wrote:He vanished again. No album status, no appearances, no PR, no nothing...

Assume it! HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIS FANS!


Dumb statement.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: New music from Steve

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Memorex wrote:
St.George wrote:He vanished again. No album status, no appearances, no PR, no nothing...

Assume it! HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIS FANS!

Dumb statement.


Yeah...gotta agree with you Memorex. Steve usually doesn't do promotion like that until he has the deal. He isn't signed to anyone yet so...what PR? Why would you do PR for something that doesn't exist yet. Anyway...his appearances with the EELS are getting into the millions now. 1 video alone is now almost 2 million. Soooo...go back and watch them while he tries. Record labels don't want a 1 album deal and streaming services cut your profits immensely. The music business is very inflexible even for Steve. HOWEVER, I also see where St. George is coming from. What irritates ME is that HE meaning Steve hasn't communicated ANYTHING on Fanasylum since December of last year! Communication NEEDS to be strengthened in order to allay fears and doubts. Keep us IN THE LOOP!!! Let us know what's going on. Please Steve. It is only polite and caring to do that.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Greg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:54 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
Memorex wrote:
St.George wrote:He vanished again. No album status, no appearances, no PR, no nothing...

Assume it! HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIS FANS!

Dumb statement.


Yeah...gotta agree with you Memorex. Steve usually doesn't do promotion like that until he has the deal. He isn't signed to anyone yet so...what PR? Why would you do PR for something that doesn't exist yet. Anyway...his appearances with the EELS are getting into the millions now. 1 video alone is now almost 2 million. Soooo...go back and watch them while he tries. Record labels don't want a 1 album deal and streaming services cut your profits immensely. The music business is very inflexible even for Steve. HOWEVER, I also see where St. George is coming from. What irritates ME is that HE meaning Steve hasn't communicated ANYTHING on Fanasylum since December of last year! Communication NEEDS to be strengthened in order to allay fears and doubts. Keep us IN THE LOOP!!! Let us know what's going on. Please Steve. It is only polite and caring to do that.


So instead of Steve trying to shop his album in the traditional sense or even to iTunes, why doesn't he just try to sell it on his own website with him being his own distributor? Didn't Prince do this for awhile? He could do an initial digital online release and if he makes a decent amount of money from that, then take some of that money and put it into CD and/or vinyl pressing and have some sort of special boxset available, for limited quantity, only sold on his website.
Greg
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 am
Location: Stealth Mode

Re: New music from Steve

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:49 pm

That's a good idea.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Aaron » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Not really, hang on for a minute. I think everyone here would agree that Steve is the best rock vocalist ever. His ability as a singer has elevated him to near God status with some fans. His fans would accept anything but Steve clearly has very high expectations of himself. Long story short, Steve has DEEP fans that he's not delivered anything to for a couple of decades. His fans treat his work almost as a religion. You can argue it several ways but his fans are looking for something and he's delivered nothing.

The bottom line is all of our idols are getting older. If they don't do something soon they'll likely be dead. :(

Memorex wrote:
St.George wrote:He vanished again. No album status, no appearances, no PR, no nothing...

Assume it! HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIS FANS!


Dumb statement.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Memorex » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Aaron wrote:Not really, hang on for a minute. I think everyone here would agree that Steve is the best rock vocalist ever. His ability as a singer has elevated him to near God status with some fans. His fans would accept anything but Steve clearly has very high expectations of himself. Long story short, Steve has DEEP fans that he's not delivered anything to for a couple of decades. His fans treat his work almost as a religion. You can argue it several ways but his fans are looking for something and he's delivered nothing.

The bottom line is all of our idols are getting older. If they don't do something soon they'll likely be dead. :(

Memorex wrote:
St.George wrote:He vanished again. No album status, no appearances, no PR, no nothing...

Assume it! HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIS FANS!


Dumb statement.


It's not his fault of people choose to feel let down. Lots of entertainers stop. Lots live outside the public eye. How a fan chooses to deal with that is their own.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Greg » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:58 am

Isn't this the same conversation that is had each and every year? Something happens where it sounds as if Perry is coming out of retirement, whether it be the Behind the Music comments, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Eels performance, the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, etc. Each time, it's as if we get a little bit more hope, then nothing. Perry goes away. The fans are left wondering when or if again.

I don't doubt that Perry has new recorded music. I wouldn't doubt that he doesn't have years of recorded music that hasn't seen the light of day. I just wonder what it is that keeps him from moving forward? He doesn't need a record deal. Sell the music on his own website. Go through Melodic Rock. Give away one free song as a toe tester in the water. See what people think. If Perry wants his music to be heard, there are avenues, plenty of avenues for it to happen. Heck, do what Augeri has done. Release a couple tracks to iTunes periodically. This isn't 1986 anymore. Perry doesn't need the backing of those record companies, because those record companies suck.
Greg
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 am
Location: Stealth Mode

Re: New music from Steve

Postby annie89509 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:27 pm

All indication is SP’s a multi-millionaire, many times over. He is not a free-wheeling, big spender or having to pay alimony to 5 ex-wives and their extended families, like Neal. Money and/or profit should have no correlation to whether he releases something or not.

Of course, people have own lives to live. But, we have heard about certain things, and as his faithful fans, it’s only natural to feel angst and frustration that there won’t be anything new to hear, either in his or our lifetime.

I’m still betting on a holiday release … :D
User avatar
annie89509
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:55 am
Location: the big 5-8

Re: New music from Steve

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 pm

annie89509 wrote:All indication is SP’s a multi-millionaire, many times over. He is not a free-wheeling, big spender or having to pay alimony to 5 ex-wives and their extended families, like Neal. Money and/or profit should have no correlation to whether he releases something or not.

Of course, people have own lives to live. But, we have heard about certain things, and as his faithful fans, it’s only natural to feel angst and frustration that there won’t be anything new to hear, either in his or our lifetime.

I’m still betting on a holiday release … :D


But...no word...not even a hello, thank you for caring, no closure...just nothing since August. No communication skills at all, frustration is not the word at this point. He said this, he says that, John 5 leaks info, his lawyer says they working on it and we...I believe because I don't have a good reason not too. But nothing from HIM on Fanasylum. Not even what he said earlier in 2016...'still working hard on it (doesn't even have to be specific at this point), gotta finish before life me blah, blah, blah. Just nothing...disappeared like we wouldn't notice or care. Its not owing anything BUT treating others as you want to be treated!!! Everyone else is getting what they want: Foreigner, Van Helen maybe and others and we can't get a single word from this supposedly grateful person. I get what Greg is saying and others who have posted here. And at the same time I understand that negotiations are tough.

As far as Steve doing the internet,...he has to understand he needs to let go of the past, his comfort zone of record labels and embrace the future. Life IS going to find him VERY UNEXPECTEDLY and VERY UNFORTUNATELY if he doesn't hurry up!!! He doesn't get a special pass...to quote him when he was younger...here either.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 pm

annie89509 wrote:
I’m still betting on a holiday release … :D

Sorry for not acknowledging this positive statement. Even my father, who is not a fan knows about this supposed new album coming out...how he knew I don't know. ..and thinks like Annie. ..he says holiday time too. Hmm, we'll see. In the meantime thanks for the positivity Annie. I needed that.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Tomulator » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 am

Think Steve and Neal have spoken yet since the RRHOF?

Inquiring minds want to know...

:?:
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
User avatar
Tomulator
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:37 am
Location: Anywhere I happen to be...

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Memorex » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:37 am

Tomulator wrote:Think Steve and Neal have spoken yet since the RRHOF?

Inquiring minds want to know...

:?:


The real question: "Since it is not humanly possible for Neal or his wife to keep quiet had such an event occurred, and therefore we can say with 99.9% accuracy that they have not met, do you think they will?"
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: New music from Steve

Postby swataz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:03 pm

I come here for any and all Steve Perry happenings, so I am somewhat dismayed to see nada happening after a couple of months of me not caring. Lol

Steve, you’re killing me.
User avatar
swataz
LP
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:35 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby FezzyChic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 am

It's so obvious and well known that Steve loves his fans!
He loves each and every single fan!
In true reality Steve loves far too much and suffers the pain which those who care so deeply become wounded by!

I want to have you all think about how many men who could have their pick and choose...
Would pick and fall in love with a woman "Kellie", who had a masectomy and whose chances of beating cancer were marginal?

This album for her is all he has left at his age 68 to leave as a footprint to show the gratitude he has to how her love brought him back to perform again!
She is and was his inspiration!

He is a sensitive man and to give Kellie all the light she deserves...
He may out of respect be waiting for a good time to introduce her...
Not now with fires, floods, Vegas deaths...Nuclear threats!

Out of respect for others and their pain and for Kellie and her pain....
Now is not the time!!
FezzyChic
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: California

Re: New music from Steve

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:04 pm

FezzyChic wrote:It's so obvious and well known that Steve loves his fans!
He loves each and every single fan!
In true reality Steve loves far too much and suffers the pain which those who care so deeply become wounded by!

I want to have you all think about how many men who could have their pick and choose...
Would pick and fall in love with a woman "Kellie", who had a masectomy and whose chances of beating cancer were marginal?

This album for her is all he has left at his age 68 to leave as a footprint to show the gratitude he has to how her love brought him back to perform again!
She is and was his inspiration!

He is a sensitive man and to give Kellie all the light she deserves...
He may out of respect be waiting for a good time to introduce her...
Not now with fires, floods, Vegas deaths...Nuclear threats!

Out of respect for others and their pain and for Kellie and her pain....
Now is not the time!!


I can't agree with that dear. Now is definitely the time. And if not now...then when? When is this world going to be free from fires and earthquakes and nuclear threats?!? If it doesn't happen soon...it may never happen at all and THAT would be a shame. Then that would be love unshared.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:05 pm

Memorex wrote:
Tomulator wrote:Think Steve and Neal have spoken yet since the RRHOF?

Inquiring minds want to know...

:?:




The real question: "Since it is not humanly possible for Neal or his wife to keep quiet had such an event occurred, and therefore we can say with 99.9% accuracy that they have not met, do you think they will?"


Neal and his wife have both been unusually quiet. In fact one video blogger says that no news about Neal's music projects points to Journey touring in 2018.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby scarab » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:06 am

I think Neal and his wife are staying quiet cause Journey is a cash cow.
I am not quite sure even if he could get Rolie/Valory and maybe Chlafant or even better JSS back and call it Journey again they would be selling out arenas.

And yes, if Perry waits til things get better in the world, hes gonna have to wait for the rapture. :lol:
At the very least he should have rleased the Its a MF song by the eels on I tunes. Bet it would have done well.
dont know why he couldn't test the waters with 1 song.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Greg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 am

FezzyChic wrote:It's so obvious and well known that Steve loves his fans!
He loves each and every single fan!
In true reality Steve loves far too much and suffers the pain which those who care so deeply become wounded by!

I want to have you all think about how many men who could have their pick and choose...
Would pick and fall in love with a woman "Kellie", who had a masectomy and whose chances of beating cancer were marginal?

This album for her is all he has left at his age 68 to leave as a footprint to show the gratitude he has to how her love brought him back to perform again!
She is and was his inspiration!

He is a sensitive man and to give Kellie all the light she deserves...
He may out of respect be waiting for a good time to introduce her...
Not now with fires, floods, Vegas deaths...Nuclear threats!

Out of respect for others and their pain and for Kellie and her pain....
Now is not the time!!


beautifully spoken, but I'll have to disagree. There is always something going on in the world that's disheartening and disastrous. A new Steve Perry album would be the perfect recipe to get away from the bad things going on in life. I also believe that the longer he waits, the less this tribute is to his passing love. When you give tribute to a fallen friend, it's sort of a way to give closure to the loss. If you don't actually go through it, you're still grieving, which is not healthy.
Greg
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 am
Location: Stealth Mode

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Marabelle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:57 am

Wow, a love to last a lifetime! Forget the music! If his heart still aches for his love then he has to let it bleed. Now is not the time to sing about their love and their romance, he is still grieving. My heart is breaking, to think....I was so selfish and greedy to think he owed me...a fan..anything. He has to put himself first.
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Aaron » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:25 pm

This is right. Wait for the rapture or man up, turn up the testosterone and quit being a chick. That's the bottom line. Blades and Keagey do it. Hagar does it. Tyler does it. Time to man up.

scarab wrote:And yes, if Perry waits til things get better in the world, hes gonna have to wait for the rapture. :lol:
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: New music from Steve

Postby FezzyChic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Hey Sports Fans,
I did not mean to suggest that Steve should wait till things get better...
Maybe just wait a few weeks till the people who died in Vegas have been laid to rest, and the injured are better!
I for one was grieving for those who lost family and those injured! I can't imagine that our country isn't experiencing some degree of sorrow, heartbreak and recovery from such terror!
Marabelle, I'm sure Steve is coming to resolve with the loss of the love of his life by now!
But, he may be waiting till the world isn't in shock from the current recent tragedy!
Perhaps being a decent good human being and putting others feelings before his own!

Maybe he isn't well, is another concern...
Hip replacements come with a lot of arthritis and often bouts of pain with winter weather!

Hopefully, it will be soon to release!
Remember, Steve loves all of his fans and won't let them down!
Especially when there is so much sentiment for a love so dear to him!
Peace!!
FezzyChic
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: California

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Marabelle » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 am

Or, maybe with all the pain, the hurt and the fear is when people need the reminders of tenderness and love.
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Re: New music from Steve

Postby RPM » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Could it be that labels that have heard the album have decided to take a pass?
Maybe its an album of Heartfelt lyrics that just isnt very appealing from a label
point of view.....
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby Pacfanweb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:57 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
Memorex wrote:
Tomulator wrote:Think Steve and Neal have spoken yet since the RRHOF?

Inquiring minds want to know...

:?:




The real question: "Since it is not humanly possible for Neal or his wife to keep quiet had such an event occurred, and therefore we can say with 99.9% accuracy that they have not met, do you think they will?"


Neal and his wife have both been unusually quiet. In fact one video blogger says that no news about Neal's music projects points to Journey touring in 2018.

They haven't been quiet. They've posted a pic or video of Neal's new custom-made "Lady M" guitar seems like damn near every other day for the last week or two.
And on the Neal and Michaele page, they just posted the video montage of Neal and Steve at the HOF like 2 days ago, complete with a bit of Patiently.

Clearly, they've not met....because "Lady M" would have pics and/or video of it probably "as it happened".
Pacfanweb
45 RPM
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:20 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby steveo777 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:59 pm

RPM wrote:Could it be that labels that have heard the album have decided to take a pass?
Maybe its an album of Heartfelt lyrics that just isnt very appealing from a label
point of view.....


Signing a guy who hasn't been heard from in 20 years is a big gamble. He may not have a label to release it on. It's not the same as when Elvis went on a few year hiatus....it's been 20 friggin years. Staying relevant and marketable would be SP's alone to maintain. He hasn't.
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: New music from Steve

Postby RPM » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:45 am

steveo777 wrote:
RPM wrote:Could it be that labels that have heard the album have decided to take a pass?
Maybe its an album of Heartfelt lyrics that just isnt very appealing from a label
point of view.....


Signing a guy who hasn't been heard from in 20 years is a big gamble. He may not have a label to release it on. It's not the same as when Elvis went on a few year hiatus....it's been 20 friggin years. Staying relevant and marketable would be SP's alone to maintain. He hasn't.


Very True. And it very well could be this album itself is not very marketable.
Releasing it on his own website maybe his best option. I would Love to hear it
As would many of his fans...
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Re: New music from Steve

Postby slucero » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 pm

I doubt it...

These days having any "name recognition" at all is a pre-requisite to getting a deal with a major. It costs a fortune to break an unknown artist... who would likely have a very small fanbase compared to Perry.

Perry is also selling an album... not singles to Millenials, who barely know who he is.. to try and do that would be stupid.

Perry's demo is Female Boomers. It is WAY less risky and would cost orders of magnitude less money to re-introduce Perry to this built-in demographic, than it would to try an sell singles to Millenials, who will likely buy follow on singles after they hear the songs from their Boomer parents...

This album has to be GREAT, and I have no doubt that it is, because Perry wouldn't even TALK about putting it out that if the feedback while he was recording/mixing wasn't positive.

Because of that... no label is gonna pass up that kind of easy and less expensive revenue.

My bet is that there's a bidding war going on..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


~Albert Einstein
User avatar
slucero
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5252
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Re: New music from Steve

Postby JourneyLFN » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:42 am

I hope you are right! And Christmas is right around the corner. Sales would be huge.
JourneyLFN
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:50 am
Location: Atlanta GA

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests

cron