image.jpeg
50 days of Steve
image.jpeg (145.26 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Re: Well, at least 50 more days of hope

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Am I missing something here? :?:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:33 pm

perryfan61 wrote:Am I missing something here? :?:

It's just a guess, but I'm thinking she's referring to the release date for Perry's new album. Wasn't there a rumor he might release this fall or sometime this year?
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:01 am

"I want to get it done probably in the early part of this coming year.” 2016? No

in the year 2525. :lol:

I know he hates timetables but I wish he'd give an update.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby STORY_TELLER » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:26 am

scarab wrote:"I want to get it done probably in the early part of this coming year.” 2016? No

He's got enough self induced pressure. Doesn't need more from every Tom Dick and Harry in his fanbase.

Having said that, if he's happy with at least one of his tunes, he should consider releasing a single. I mean is there really a market for albums these days? Everything is digital, and even worse, it's moving from purchases to streaming and most people tend to make playlists comprised of individual songs, so.... I'm just sayin'.

Hopefully he opts to release what he's been working on. I listened to his cover of the Eel's song the other day I think he sounds great on it. Still has that thing that makes him unique. Nobody delivers a tune like Perry past or present. Nobody.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:32 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:
scarab wrote:"I want to get it done probably in the early part of this coming year.” 2016? No

He's got enough self induced pressure. Doesn't need more from every Tom Dick and Harry in his fanbase.

Having said that, if he's happy with at least one of his tunes, he should consider releasing a single. I mean is there really a market for albums these days? Everything is digital, and even worse, it's moving from purchases to streaming and most people tend to make playlists comprised of individual songs, so.... I'm just sayin'.

Hopefully he opts to release what he's been working on. I listened to his cover of the Eel's song the other day I think he sounds great on it. Still has that thing that makes him unique. Nobody delivers a tune like Perry past or present. Nobody.

Agreed!!. At this point I am willing to settle for one song, if that is all he has. Surely there must be ONE that lives up to his high standards!..... is my desperation showng :oops: :? :shock:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Return to Steve Perry