Don't Fight It and other collaborations

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Don't Fight It and other collaborations

Postby PianoMan1986 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:34 pm

I was just curious if there are any interviews or commentary from Steve on his recordings that he's done with other people over the years. I know there's an interview/mini documentary on America that he had a part in, but I was just curious if there's anything out there commenting on working with Kenny Loggins, Sammy Hagar, etc.
PianoMan1986
LP
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Rockford, IL

Re: Don't Fight It and other collaborations

Postby Memorex » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 pm

PianoMan1986 wrote:I was just curious if there are any interviews or commentary from Steve on his recordings that he's done with other people over the years. I know there's an interview/mini documentary on America that he had a part in, but I was just curious if there's anything out there commenting on working with Kenny Loggins, Sammy Hagar, etc.


I remember seeing a piece on probably entertainment tonight back in I believe '83 when Frontiers was released. It was a full band press conference and they asked him about Don't Fight It. So, 33 years ago - all I really recall was him saying what an honor it was to even be asked to work with Loggins. Maybe more was said. Anyway, I could be off on this.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Don't Fight It and other collaborations

Postby scarab » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:12 pm

not from Steve, but David Pack on Perry's only "distinctive" vocals since 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W80T_V5_NOg
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Don't Fight It and other collaborations

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:24 pm

scarab wrote:not from Steve, but David Pack on Perry's only "distinctive" vocals since 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W80T_V5_NOg


Unfortunately, it's not available to me, just wondering what was said?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Don't Fight It and other collaborations

Postby tater1977 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Memorex wrote:
PianoMan1986 wrote:I was just curious if there are any interviews or commentary from Steve on his recordings that he's done with other people over the years. I know there's an interview/mini documentary on America that he had a part in, but I was just curious if there's anything out there commenting on working with Kenny Loggins, Sammy Hagar, etc.


I remember seeing a piece on probably entertainment tonight back in I believe '83 when Frontiers was released. It was a full band press conference and they asked him about Don't Fight It. So, 33 years ago - all I really recall was him saying what an honor it was to even be asked to work with Loggins. Maybe more was said. Anyway, I could be off on this.


1983 Journey - Frontiers Press Conference :?:
https://youtu.be/y48NHfYRjmk

1983 Journey - Frontiers (Entertainment Tonight) Press Conference - Los Angeles, CA
Last edited by tater1977 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4385
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Don't Fight It and other collaborations

Postby tater1977 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:52 pm

Sheena Easton with Steve Perry "Still In Love"
https://youtu.be/Q1IM72jmOiw

"I did background vocals with Sheena Easton on a song called 'Still In Love'. It should be out sometime soon. We got time enough to do backgrounds when I was home rehearsing the "Raised On Radio" material. I would also like to sing a duet with Sheena, but my schedule on tour conflicted with her schedule in the studio. We're in different parts of the world"


Steve Perry on Lincoln Brewster '94
https://youtu.be/_bB3dClr3nk

STEVE PERRY talks on I Stand Alone 1998
https://youtu.be/f3hjVtoG_zw
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4385
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Don't Fight It and other collaborations

Postby tater1977 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:15 pm

There is a radio interview of a caller asking Steve about singing with Sammy in '81, but he didn't recall it at the moment.
Shortly after, he did slightly recall it but you have to listen to his answer for a laugh.
Will look for it this week.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4385
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA


Return to Steve Perry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest