Steve's statement on Fan Asylum ...

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve's statement on Fan Asylum ...

Postby tater1977 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:09 am

As reported today, Journey joins the list of first-time nominees to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. For the full list, please visit rockhall.com

Former lead singer and co-writer of their biggest songs, Steve Perry, had this to say,

http://www.fanasylum.com/steveperry/
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Steve's statement on Fan Asylum ...

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:12 am

He's keeping pretty mum on the HOF. Very limited response.

I was more taken aback by what he had to say on his birthday. Starting to suspect he suffers from clinical depression. I hope he isn't falling into a dark place.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:33 am

It was a nomination for the HOF...they haven't been chosen just yet. No reason for him to say anything more than he has. If/when the time comes, I'm sure he'll be part of it all.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby STORY_TELLER » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:It was a nomination for the HOF...they haven't been chosen just yet. No reason for him to say anything more than he has. If/when the time comes, I'm sure he'll be part of it all.

True. Good point. And, I certainly hope so.

Still, check out the tone of his birthday comment. Poor guy sounds like he was in a bad place that day.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 am

STORY_TELLER wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:It was a nomination for the HOF...they haven't been chosen just yet. No reason for him to say anything more than he has. If/when the time comes, I'm sure he'll be part of it all.

True. Good point. And, I certainly hope so.

Still, check out the tone of his birthday comment. Poor guy sounds like he was in a bad place that day.

You're right...it wasn't one of his happier messages. 2016 definitely started off on a bad note. The music world lost a handful of greats, and many of them were Steve's contemporaries. An unfortunate dose of reality.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:27 am

Just wondering if Sony is waiting for all the hype over this to peak, before they release his new CD. Maybe they knew this nomination was in the works.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby STORY_TELLER » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:03 am

perryfan61 wrote:Just wondering if Sony is waiting for all the hype over this to peak, before they release his new CD. Maybe they knew this nomination was in the works.

Based on his birthday comment, I think he's still working on it. Doubtful Sony has it in their hands. I also don't believe he's working on it every day, which would mean scheduling his musicians to accommodate everyone's availability.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby MotherCitay » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:56 pm

perryfan61 wrote:Just wondering if Sony is waiting for all the hype over this to peak, before they release his new CD. Maybe they knew this nomination was in the works.

Sony or Universal?
viewtopic.php?t=55840
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby Abitaman » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Some artists consider the ROR HOF to be really nothing. I have to agree, look who is in there and who is not. Some are people.groups that mean nothing to the music industry. While groups that have been big and appealed to the masses are avoided for the most part.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby STORY_TELLER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:52 am

Abitaman wrote:Some artists consider the ROR HOF to be really nothing. I have to agree, look who is in there and who is not. Some are people.groups that mean nothing to the music industry. While groups that have been big and appealed to the masses are avoided for the most part.

I'm one of those people as well. If they were never nominated, they would shrug it off, and rightly so.

There is a certain perception of "prestige" if/when you get in. It's celebrated for a brief moment, mostly because its done so publicly. The event is broadcast and people marvel at seeing their musical heroes, most of whom have been out of touch or away from the spotlight for a long time, come together and relive their history for a brief moment, but the truth is, nobody really cares after the fact.

Truth is, the big deal about the whole thing is more about who's not in. Much less so about who is -- unless it's a head scratcher like Madonna or Public Enemy.
STORY_TELLER
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:45 am

Several of the articles I read around the nomination stated that Perry was finishing his 1st solo album in "x" years. Knowing that the RNRHOS thrives on drama, reunions or other promotion it sure feels like Journey has a better than average chance of being inducted.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby DracIsBack » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:59 am

Abitaman wrote:Some artists consider the ROR HOF to be really nothing.

Some artists don't. And some pretend like they don't care until they're in the hall of fame!
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:50 am

DracIsBack wrote:
Abitaman wrote:Some artists consider the ROR HOF to be really nothing.

Some artists don't. And some pretend like they don't care until they're in the hall of fame!

Exactly...or they use it to make a statement, and then an accommodation is made, and they change their mind (YES, anyone).
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Return to Steve Perry