Steve's voice...a bit confusing frankly

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve's voice...a bit confusing frankly

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:34 am

https://fireandair.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... g-frankly/

Not sure when this was written, but it is a great article, nice to hear his talent is being recognized for what it was.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Re: Steve's voice...a bit confusing frankly

Postby Marabelle » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:53 am

His talent defies description and category! But it's glorious to read how people have tried!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Sighlence » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:36 am

Sighlence
Radio Waves

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:52 am

Yes, a great ebook, Ross put a lot of work into that. Reading that is what helped me understand how truly unique SP's voice is.

He also has an ebook on Journey. If you haven't read it, you should try to make the time.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Sighlence » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:06 pm

perryfan61 wrote:

Yes, a great ebook, Ross put a lot of work into that. Reading that is what helped me understand how truly unique SP's voice is.

He also has an ebook on Journey. If you haven't read it, you should try to make the time.

I just finished reading it. Haven't had any interest in any incarnation of the band since '96 because, well, once you've seen the real deal everything else is just imitation. But after reading 'One in a Million' I figured I would read his other piece. The piped in vocals part was interesting to say the least..
Sighlence
Radio Waves

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:32 am

Yeah....you should look back at this forum from that time.....quite a scandal!! Lots of VERY upset fans. Some of them never came back, gave up on the band altogether.
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:01 pm

I am a champion for this writer. I thoroughly enjoyed her other articles on him as well...she is a SP fan. And I have read Ross' ebooks on His Noseness, as he calls him and on Journey...it is incredible!!! The piped in vocals created a SCANDAL!!! When other groups found out...oh boy. Journey almost lost a LOT of respect but somehow like a true evergreen...got a way somewhat unscathed.

Yesterday's performance by Arnel was great, but.......I understand why he is not THE VOICE. And I understood it more technically when I read this writer's blog and Ross Muir's e-book.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Return to Steve Perry