Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby MotherCitay » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:22 pm

.
Happy Birthday Steve

Turning 68 today .... hugs, kisses and best wishes to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50w7nsN5btY

How are those RnRHOF rehearsals coming along? :wink: :wink:
MotherCitay
45 RPM
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Marabelle » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:57 am

Well will you look at that, listen to that crowd and their voices! Must be nice to have all those people singing happy birthday to the special man of the day! Happy birthday! Be well and happy! Spend each day as if it's your birthday, never stop celebrating all the gifts and blessings you have in your life! Enjoy your 365 days around the sun and then again and again until forever! Best wishes!
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby scarab » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Happy Birthday.
Heres hoping we will get a positive message!
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm

I remembered Steve Perry's special day & looked for a Birthday message on Fan Asylum but sadly there was none.
It is Sunday & Maybe Laura & Cyndy are off. Gosh I wish I could have relaxed this weekend but no rest for the weary as life goes on & things break & roofs leak so someone needs to take care of things.

I do know about time catching up with you. My 66 year old uncle died "unexpectantly"2 weeks ago, His wife would not comment further to the family. I recently found out someone I knew died a few years ago at age 53. We lost a lot of people this year too. Gosh Carrie Fischer & then her mother Debbie Reynolds just a day apart. Who says you can't die of a broken heart? Didn't even know we lost Deano til earlier this year. :cry:

I found out I have cancer late last year so have been dealing with that. Its been very hectic lately.
I also was a victim of a hit & run before Thanksgiving. They ran over my foot & then the side of the car knocked me down to the street. It was 6:30PM 11/20 & raining. I was laying in the dark on the wet street staring at headlights ready to come in my direction & finish me off when the light changed. I was able to pick myself up & hobble to the curb.
The white toyota stopped & parked down the street. No one could see the plate. They stuck around a few minutes but were gone by time the ambulance came & the police never did show up til I was in the ER. I broke my big toe & was in a cast. It was incredibly hard to take care of myself on crutches as even going a few feet with my bruised body was too much. 4 weeks later I started walking again. 2 months now & I'm walking but its still not the same & I'm favoring it & have a bit of a limp. I need to go back for more xrays & hoping with time I can walk normally but now its not important as I am trying to get surgery for cancer & my medical insurance is dragging there heels & its been almost 4 months since diagnosis. Took them 2 months just to get me a cancer DR. Just took another month to get a cat scan hoping its not spread.

To add to the crap I have now I am getting ER & ambulance bills for my foot & my medical insurance is pretending to take care of the bills but then send me letters saying they tried & now want me to call & deal with it!

The last 4 months of my life has been the worst in my life! :cry:

I hope everyone is well & Hope Steve Perry has a nice birthday! :mrgreen:

Sorry, I just don't have time to come here that often
I don't care much for most music anymore. I don't listen to anything new. Its all mindless crap of someone elses idea of reality to me. Too much angst & vanity.
Most of my life & relationships have been wasted on musicians. They are among the most unstable, egocentric, vane people
who change direction on the drop of a dime.
I think partly the weakness of the human spirit is too blame but we all to one extent or another are concerned with the self & I guess that's what makes for survival. I am not saying its right or wrong but I've really distanced myself & try to live in a bubble.

I got hit by the car because I walked to church on a rainy day. Having cancer I debated...should I go to church & risk getting a cold. So I said to myself OK I can still walk & I'll dress warm. What did I get from church? I got some sympathy & "prayers".
What did I really need that night? There is a musician & his girlfriend who live one block from me. They know I have cancer & they know I live close as they saw me walking past there building before. I talk to them & they offer prayers but on that dark rainy night you think they might say...I know you walk to church & its dark & its raining....do you need a ride home????
They could have just left me a block away not even travelling one inch out of there way. I could have walked home & I would have been spared almost being road kill...
No...they did not think of it & I would not ask for a favor & took 2 buses home. I got off one bus & was crossing the street to get to the next bus & wham a car turns left from behind right in front of me & runs over my foot!!! Gosh changed my life.
I have much more sympathy for people with handicaps.

I listen to classical music which is soothing on the soul. My mind & my body has no more time or want to listen to the dribble
that erodes the well being of today's society by desensitizing our youth & turning them into chaotic antagonists. :twisted:

I guess I have gotten older & wiser. Why is life wasted on the youth as they have little incline to do anything but serve their own self driven desires.

Well...that's all from me...
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby MotherCitay » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:41 pm

~
So sorry to hear your sad news Shadowsong.

May there be peace within you today.

And may you have family and friends who will lift you to your feet when your wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
MotherCitay
45 RPM
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:39 am

Hoping for a message from the man, letting us know how things are in his life.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Marabelle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:12 am

Sweet Shadow, I don't think Mr Perry would mind your sharing some heartfelt words on his birthday thred. Someone once told me that in order to experience and know joy and happiness was to know despair and sadness. Sometimes things shake us to our core and we don't understand the reason, but in everything even sickness, it might help us appreciate our wellness. Hope you can find your way through this difficult time and find something wondrous. I will pray and offer words of goodness which I hope will fall upon and around you to help restore your faith in yourself and the world.
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Ftloperry » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:07 pm

Oh no Shadow. I have been wondering about you lately and hoping that you are okay. Life seems to move in many directions and life does throw at us things we just never thought would happen. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Be safe and well. Visit here when you can and keep us up to date on you.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't loose it."
--- Robin Williams
User avatar
Ftloperry
8 Track
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:43 pm
Location: Space the final frontier

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:50 pm

I see there was no message today on FA...

Did not mean to intrude upon Steve's Birthday thread
but I did read last years message where he said he is marching on trying to stay ahead of time & do what he wants to do before it catches up to him which may be making some music.
I would be interested in his music & was not talking about him when I was making generalizations about musicians.

I understand now how it feels to have mortality nipping at your heels. Every second is precious & not to be wasted.
I feel I never even did anything I wanted to do. Not even sure what I really wanted to do.
I did want to sing & it still fills me with unimaginable deep soul stirring feelings when on occasion I do get to do it.
Did join a church choir for a little while but I don't drive anymore as I am just scared so its hard to get around.
I'm shy but they made me sing Amazing Grace by myself & the conductor said my voice was "anointed"
:mrgreen:

I understand when music is in your soul & its a force that sometimes you have to step aside from & deal with life.
For some there is no life without music but it's nice to find joy in other things too.
Last edited by Shadowsong on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:00 pm

Marabelle wrote:Sweet Shadow, I don't think Mr Perry would mind your sharing some heartfelt words on his birthday thred. Someone once told me that in order to experience and know joy and happiness was to know despair and sadness. Sometimes things shake us to our core and we don't understand the reason, but in everything even sickness, it might help us appreciate our wellness. Hope you can find your way through this difficult time and find something wondrous. I will pray and offer words of goodness which I hope will fall upon and around you to help restore your faith in yourself and the world.


S...You always were one to stir new breath into the winds of time...C

Thanks alot!
The cancer was bad enough but then the hit & run which kept me housebound & showerless for a month was just about too much. I barely could eat & each little thing we take for granted was like climbing a mountain.
I really felt the sky had fallen down on me. I was in such dark despair I thought I could not make it out.
Now that I can walk again & see the sun & the sky so its alot better & hoping they catch this demon before it spreads.
Last edited by Shadowsong on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Ftloperry wrote:Oh no Shadow. I have been wondering about you lately and hoping that you are okay. Life seems to move in many directions and life does throw at us things we just never thought would happen. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Be safe and well. Visit here when you can and keep us up to date on you.


Thanks so much!
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:40 pm

perryfan61 wrote:Hoping for a message from the man, letting us know how things are in his life.


For 6 years he has never missed sending out a birthday message. :(

Fingers crossed it's because of something positive ... like being too busy finishing the new album :D

Wishing him good health!

And maybe Lora can please share why there's no message on FA this year? Pretty please?
MotherCitay
45 RPM
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Lora » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:56 am

Shadowsong wrote:I remembered Steve Perry's special day & looked for a Birthday message on Fan Asylum but sadly there was none.
It is Sunday & Maybe Laura & Cyndy are off. Gosh I wish I could have relaxed this weekend but no rest for the weary as life goes on & things break & roofs leak so someone needs to take care of things.

I do know about time catching up with you. My 66 year old uncle died "unexpectantly"2 weeks ago, His wife would not comment further to the family. I recently found out someone I knew died a few years ago at age 53. We lost a lot of people this year too. Gosh Carrie Fischer & then her mother Debbie Reynolds just a day apart. Who says you can't die of a broken heart? Didn't even know we lost Deano til earlier this year. :cry:

I found out I have cancer late last year so have been dealing with that. Its been very hectic lately.
I also was a victim of a hit & run before Thanksgiving. They ran over my foot & then the side of the car knocked me down to the street. It was 6:30PM 11/20 & raining. I was laying in the dark on the wet street staring at headlights ready to come in my direction & finish me off when the light changed. I was able to pick myself up & hobble to the curb.
The white toyota stopped & parked down the street. No one could see the plate. They stuck around a few minutes but were gone by time the ambulance came & the police never did show up til I was in the ER. I broke my big toe & was in a cast. It was incredibly hard to take care of myself on crutches as even going a few feet with my bruised body was too much. 4 weeks later I started walking again. 2 months now & I'm walking but its still not the same & I'm favoring it & have a bit of a limp. I need to go back for more xrays & hoping with time I can walk normally but now its not important as I am trying to get surgery for cancer & my medical insurance is dragging there heels & its been almost 4 months since diagnosis. Took them 2 months just to get me a cancer DR. Just took another month to get a cat scan hoping its not spread.

To add to the crap I have now I am getting ER & ambulance bills for my foot & my medical insurance is pretending to take care of the bills but then send me letters saying they tried & now want me to call & deal with it!

The last 4 months of my life has been the worst in my life! :cry:

I hope everyone is well & Hope Steve Perry has a nice birthday! :mrgreen:

Sorry, I just don't have time to come here that often
I don't care much for most music anymore. I don't listen to anything new. Its all mindless crap of someone elses idea of reality to me. Too much angst & vanity.
Most of my life & relationships have been wasted on musicians. They are among the most unstable, egocentric, vane people
who change direction on the drop of a dime.
I think partly the weakness of the human spirit is too blame but we all to one extent or another are concerned with the self & I guess that's what makes for survival. I am not saying its right or wrong but I've really distanced myself & try to live in a bubble.

I got hit by the car because I walked to church on a rainy day. Having cancer I debated...should I go to church & risk getting a cold. So I said to myself OK I can still walk & I'll dress warm. What did I get from church? I got some sympathy & "prayers".
What did I really need that night? There is a musician & his girlfriend who live one block from me. They know I have cancer & they know I live close as they saw me walking past there building before. I talk to them & they offer prayers but on that dark rainy night you think they might say...I know you walk to church & its dark & its raining....do you need a ride home????
They could have just left me a block away not even travelling one inch out of there way. I could have walked home & I would have been spared almost being road kill...
No...they did not think of it & I would not ask for a favor & took 2 buses home. I got off one bus & was crossing the street to get to the next bus & wham a car turns left from behind right in front of me & runs over my foot!!! Gosh changed my life.
I have much more sympathy for people with handicaps.

I listen to classical music which is soothing on the soul. My mind & my body has no more time or want to listen to the dribble
that erodes the well being of today's society by desensitizing our youth & turning them into chaotic antagonists. :twisted:

I guess I have gotten older & wiser. Why is life wasted on the youth as they have little incline to do anything but serve their own self driven desires.

Well...that's all from me...


Wow. You have been through so much. I hope things get better for you very soon. Sending positive thoughts your way.
User avatar
Lora
8 Track
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:59 am

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Lora » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:58 am

MotherCitay wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:Hoping for a message from the man, letting us know how things are in his life.


For 6 years he has never missed sending out a birthday message. :(

Fingers crossed it's because of something positive ... like being too busy finishing the new album :D

Wishing him good health!

And maybe Lora can please share why there's no message on FA this year? Pretty please?


He didn't send a message to us this year. Nothing is wrong and he is fine. :)
Last edited by Lora on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lora
8 Track
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:59 am

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:01 am

Lora wrote:
MotherCitay wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:Hoping for a message from the man, letting us know how things are in his life.


For 6 years he has never missed sending out a birthday message. :(

Fingers crossed it's because of something positive ... like being too busy finishing the new album :D

Wishing him good health!

And maybe Lora can please share why there's no message on FA this year? Pretty please?


He didn't send a message to us this near. Nothing is wrong and he is fine. :)[/quote

That's good to know, thanks!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Memorex » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:14 am

Lora wrote:
MotherCitay wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:Hoping for a message from the man, letting us know how things are in his life.


For 6 years he has never missed sending out a birthday message. :(

Fingers crossed it's because of something positive ... like being too busy finishing the new album :D

Wishing him good health!

And maybe Lora can please share why there's no message on FA this year? Pretty please?


He didn't send a message to us this year. Nothing is wrong and he is fine. :)


We were counting on it as we do every year. We may have to send cousin Eddie out to bring him back in a bow.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby tater1977 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:12 am

Memorex wrote:
Lora wrote:
He didn't send a message to us this year. Nothing is wrong and he is fine. :)


We were counting on it as we do every year. We may have to send cousin Eddie out to bring him back in a bow.


cvu.jpg
cvu.jpg (15.26 KiB) Viewed 2442 times

:lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4386
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:41 pm

tater1977 wrote:
Memorex wrote:
Lora wrote:
He didn't send a message to us this year. Nothing is wrong and he is fine. :)


We were counting on it as we do every year. We may have to send cousin Eddie out to bring him back in a bow.


cvu.jpg

:lol:


NO Fan Asylum Birthday Message? I was looking forward to it. :cry:


So Cousin Eddie is Randy Quaid? Guess I'm not up on all the movies but would not want Randy Quaid to come looking for me!

Randy Quaid has been in the limelight the last few years & not in a good way. He's been having a rough time lately!

Gosh I wonder if he still remembers back in the 80;s when he lived in our building this old woman who was being evicted
attached herself to his leg so they could not take her away! Guess you would remember dragging an old woman down the hall kicking & screaming... :twisted:
Last edited by Shadowsong on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby MotherCitay » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Lora wrote:
MotherCitay wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:Hoping for a message from the man, letting us know how things are in his life.


For 6 years he has never missed sending out a birthday message. :(

Fingers crossed it's because of something positive ... like being too busy finishing the new album :D

Wishing him good health!

And maybe Lora can please share why there's no message on FA this year? Pretty please?


He didn't send a message to us this year. Nothing is wrong and he is fine. :)


Thank you Lora ... good to hear! And the album will be released when ?? :wink: :lol:
MotherCitay
45 RPM
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Lora wrote:
Shadowsong wrote:I remembered Steve Perry's special day & looked for a Birthday message on Fan Asylum but sadly there was none.
It is Sunday & Maybe Laura & Cyndy are off. Gosh I wish I could have relaxed this weekend but no rest for the weary as life goes on & things break & roofs leak so someone needs to take care of things.

I hope everyone is well & Hope Steve Perry has a nice birthday! :mrgreen:



Wow. You have been through so much. I hope things get better for you very soon. Sending positive thoughts your way.


Hi Lora,

Thanks for the well wishes & positive thoughts...Same to you.
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Memorex » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Shadowsong wrote:
tater1977 wrote:
Memorex wrote:We were counting on it as we do every year. We may have to send cousin Eddie out to bring him back in a bow.


cvu.jpg

:lol:


NO Fan Asylum Birthday Message? I was looking forward to it. :cry:


So Cousin Eddie is Randy Quaid? Guess I'm not up on all the movies but would not want Randy Quaid to come looking for me!

Randy Quaid has been in the limelight the last few years & not in a good way. He's been having a rough time lately!

Gosh I wonder if he still remembers back in the 80;s when he lived in our building this old woman who was being evicted
attached herself to his leg so they could not take her away! Guess you would remember dragging an old woman down the hall kicking & screaming... :twisted:


Well for me, cousin Eddie is just a character in a movie. Randy Quaid is an individual who has lost his mind and then some. Anyway, the earlier comment made me think of how disappointed Clark Griswald was in the Christmas Vacation movie not receiving a cash bonus after years of counting on it. So then Eddie goes and kidnaps his boss and presents him to Clark in a bow. I would hope this does not give Randy Quaid any ideas. :)
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby MotherCitay » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:37 pm

MotherCitay wrote:
Thank you Lora ... good to hear! And the album will be released when ?? :wink: :lol:


Hey, I'll even take fake news .... alternative facts ..... anything !!! :mrgreen:
MotherCitay
45 RPM
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby FezzyChic » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Dearest Shadow,
It hurts my heart to hear that you have been in such despair!
Glad you posted here so the many friends you have can now have communion with you!
Are you getting chemo? I hope you are receiving good medical care and don't underestimate Medical Marijuana as I hear that the Phoenix Tears has tremendous benefit in treating cancer and cancer symptoms!

Good grief, you are so tiny that a car crushing your tiny foot is an awful thought!

I hope you are feeling better and get stronger everday!

Your singing is not only annointed but beautiful and glorious!! I remember you singing in Vegas at the Fab Four Show . . .damn girl, for a little thing, I couldn't believe how much volume you had!!
All that beautiful voice coming out of your mouth...I was in awe!! Unforgettable and good times Shadameow!!

Mr. Voice, the Holy Shit, King of the Heart, and Heart of the Night will come to Rock n Roll his fans when he can!! So Don't Stop Believin' :)

Keep your chin up, you can do this, and make yourself well!! Post more often so your old friends can chat with you and give me a holler if you need to talk.
FezzyChic
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: California

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:13 am

:mrgreen: Yes, we did have some great times! Thanks
I don't use marijauna & tried it a few times but I don't like it. I just don't like drugs as they take away my feeling of control & I don't like that. I do enjoy a beer or a glass of wine.

Need to have surgery but its not approved yet. They can't stage me til then & no talk yet about chemo or radiation.
LA Care is very slow!

Getting a cancer Dr has been a long exhausting road. They messed me up referring me to a cancer DR whose office kept me on hold for a month saying they did not get records yet & when they got the records they were on his desk for a week. I finally figured out they were just stalling. I learned later that the Dr did not "participate" in my insurance & was trying to get a letter approved to accept his payment demands. The office of Dr Richard Feinman is terrible with hold wait times in excess of 90 minutes & I only got one call in response to numerous letters & phone calls in a month in which I was told he did not participate in my insurance but was trying to get his costs approved. My Gyn said try to wait for Dr Feinman as he is really good & the only other Dr she did not recommend. It has been very frustrating knowing its growing inside of me & not being able to get it out. Then my medical insurance tried to refer me to the other DR Eisenkop who has speech & hearing disabilities as well as being medicated for seizures. He's on probation so he needs someone to assist him & have another surgeon on call 30 min away in case he can't complete the surgery...That sounds like someone you want cutting you open!!!

2 months later I finally got referred to a great DR at City of Hope & he will do robotic surgery. He did surgery on my neighbor & she loves him! I spent a month just getting approval for a cat scan. Luckily the cat scan is normal. I was told I have all his pre op tests done & signed off on but now they are waiting for surgery approval from my medical insurance. Not looking forward to surgery but I have no choice.

Its hard being sick but its really terrible not getting the medical treatment you need in a timely fashion because of your medical insurance. My cancer Dr says they have to approve it as I have cancer & have the biopsy to prove it.

FezzyChic wrote:Dearest Shadow,
It hurts my heart to hear that you have been in such despair!
Glad you posted here so the many friends you have can now have communion with you!
Are you getting chemo? I hope you are receiving good medical care and don't underestimate Medical Marijuana as I hear that the Phoenix Tears has tremendous benefit in treating cancer and cancer symptoms!

Good grief, you are so tiny that a car crushing your tiny foot is an awful thought!

I hope you are feeling better and get stronger everday!

Your singing is not only annointed but beautiful and glorious!! I remember you singing in Vegas at the Fab Four Show . . .damn girl, for a little thing, I couldn't believe how much volume you had!!
All that beautiful voice coming out of your mouth...I was in awe!! Unforgettable and good times Shadameow!!

Mr. Voice, the Holy Shit, King of the Heart, and Heart of the Night will come to Rock n Roll his fans when he can!! So Don't Stop Believin' :)

Keep your chin up, you can do this, and make yourself well!! Post more often so your old friends can chat with you and give me a holler if you need to talk.
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:14 pm

So what is this thing called time we can't escape.

A glimpse into the mind through some of the questions & answers we've received since the HWOF 2005 a magical day for me meeting Steve Perry for the first time.

Throughout the last 10 years or so I guess the most prophetic question he answered was if he had the chance to meet anyone who was not alive who would it be. I was in awe when he said "Jacob Bronowski" who is most famous for the PBS Accent Of Man series. I saw him in a different light & I think all of us sooner or later look for some deeper meaning in life.

I am no Jacob Bronowski but I do have my thoughts.
I have been having revelations the past 20 years & have not been able put them together or make sense of them.

I am sort of worried for the world. Being trained in science & philosophy I would like to think I can try to understand things at a higher level but all through time we build on the works of those who came before us. My dislike of science as I studied it was a deep sense that it was all just some big game with rules that were good for a while & then someone came along & changed them or built on them. I was wondering how one can ever know anything. I was most at home in cosmochemistry as just in awe of the fact that the elements were made from the death of stars. We are in a sense stardust & that has always remained with me. Somehow at a micro atomic level we were birthed from nuclear reactions in stars. I am still in awe of the universe & wish I knew so much more.

I have been out of science since the mid 80's & am trying to catch up.

As for music it is sound with wavelengths & frequencies. I think it has a much deeper affect than some notes & lyrics.
We all know about subliminal frames in movies intentionally added to make people hungry or thirsty in the movie theaters.
I think without knowing it music can also have an affect on ones emotions or body.

I once was able to feel the rotational direction of a quartz crystal turned above my hand with my eyes closed & was right 100 %. I have never tried to have it done again. I just don't want to know. How could feel the direction of an object not touching me?
Sort of like I got a call at work once from someone who was closing there crystal store & was looking for a new location.
I was interested where the store was as I liked crystals. The store was a few blocks away & I went there & it was a crystal store & they were closing so everything was on sale. I told them about the call & the persons name & they told me that no one with that name worked there & they were going into online so were not looking for a new store. Somehow the universe wanted me to go there & I can't explain it but I did by some quarts crystals, purple flourite crystal, a black bullseye obsidian egg, frankincense & myrrh. Really was creepy how this person did call & told me where the store was & it was there but they did not exist.

I only wrote music for a short while when I got my angel piano. I played on it in the salvations army before deciding to buy it just running my hands over the keys wherever they felt like hitting them & a woman came over & said what beautiful music.
I told her it wasn't music & that I was just making it up but she liked it.
I sort of tried it at the piano with my limited knowledge of major & minor keys from piano lessons I had as a child & I somehow used the keys in a spatial rhythmic way sort of like you play drums. Somehow it became visual or so I thought & I went up & down the keys just creating my musical art.
I have it on old cassettes & call it my angel music & I occasionally play it when I am really down. That was a long time ago & have not touched the piano in over a decade. I sort of get afraid of things when they happen like that that I won;t be able to reproduce it but I have that on tape.

If we never think out of the box are we doomed to live in a box? I wonder & lately I am looking into some things that are at the least interesting & at the most very scary.

Cern is a conCERN. Can they open portals into other realms or dimensions? Some of their scientists have said just that.
Looking at the Cern website I really don;t see them creating blackholes or opening portals but I guess if they suddenly disappear one day then maybe they did but would we know about it?

The Mandela Affect has me wondering if its really just a misinterpretation or false memory of the past or if there is something deeper going on to affect the timeline. Can things in the past be changed?

Frequency:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PexBm1sMWI

Quantum Theory & Quantum Computers (D Wave) would be at the heart of the problem but quantum mechanics was not something my mind could wrap around but they claim particles could exist in 2 places at the same time. Nasa & google have these quantum computers which have to be cooled down to near absolute zero to function & they are supposed to work in different dimensions

So now are scientists really trying to go back before the big bang & slip past the veil of time?
What does this mean if history is really being changed?
What does this say about "reality"

I do know man is so limited in his perception & sees the world only through a fraction of its possibility.
We see & hear only a small band of wavelengths. While our instruments can reach deeper into the unknown I am sure they have there limits. Are we pushing the limits too far? Are we opening up doors that should not be opened?

Sad thing is if we alter reality we may never even know.

I do remember "Luke" I am your father not No, I am your father but I am not a fan of the movie & have never seen it in its entirety. C3-PO also has a silver leg now & nobody seems to remember it.

I'm pretty sure the girl in the Moonraker movie with the jaws guy had braces & now they say she never did & in the movie she does not.

Queens "We Are The Champions" seemed to end ...of the world! Now it just hangs eeriously & who knows maybe the mind created the ending as we thought we heard it as its just seems the song as its recorded now is unfinished! Maybe it was always that way & the mind unconsciously creates patterns to rationalize reality. Perhaps we heard the ending that was never there because of the world was there in the few lines before & so not hearing it in the end was replaced with a false reality to satisfy our minds desire for completion.

I remember Mr Rogers singing in "the" neighborhood not in "this" neighborhood

I remember mirror mirror on the wall not magic mirror on the wall in Snow White

There are a few I don't know enough to comment on & who can remember spellings of cereals from childhood with 100% accuracy. I ate Captain Crunch as a child & now that's Cap N Crunch. I really don't care if they change cereal names but memory sometimes does involve a bit of subjection. If we think hey there's a picture of a captain on the box then we might just remember Captain Crunch & not the abbreviation. Still there is reference to Captain Crunch in a 70's official Pure Love song lyrics sheet written by Eddie Rabbit eating breakfast.
So maybe Eddie Rabbit too had altered memory of the actual cereal name even if the box was in front of him when he wrote it or he thought Captain Crunch sounded better than CapN crunch.

Jif was Jif not Jiffy, & Oscar Mayer was not Oscar Meyer, Sara Lee is a weird thing but it was auditory & not spelled out so Nobody does it like or doesn't like are too close to call. I remember does it like but it sounds like doesn;t like now.
Still this may just be improper memory but some of the examples really do seem wrong.

Memory is funny & affected by many things even suggestion. Many people will lose details of things that happened in their own life after years so certainly the names of food brands, songs or jingles can be warped with time.

What about the change in the spatial relationship & size of continents or human anatomy? I was never an expert in these things so can not draw an intelligent conclusion but it is alarming.

What about JFK? All the doctors who treated him describe a huge hole in the back of his head. Now its gone. I fear it was altered to corroborate the single bullet theory which would have come from the back & then ricocheted into Connally hitting him twice & still been in pristine condition. A huge hole in the back of his head would be an exit wound so would have entered from the front & not been the bullet that somehow exited the back of his head then turned around 180 degrees & hit Connally.
Its absurd! Some people even myself seem to remember a 4 seater car but that could not have been as it would mean Mrs Connally was driving. Had to be a driver so had to be 6 seats. I read the warren commission files in school & did a report on it.
My father even brought home a medical magazine that had actual photos of JFK's autopsy so I have seen them in one point in time but I can't recall the details.

Now people are saying the heavens are off. Earth is now in a central belt of the solar system & some remember is being in a outer belt. I'm not going to believe people who are so called experts in the sky now. The sky is ever changing as we go through the seasons. I've seen the plieades with binoculars & ORion. Seen the belt & even the orion nebular in the central region but I am no expert & I doubt all these changes. No one in my opinion can say with any accuracy that they know something is wrong up there. No way anyone could know or say for sure what arm of the galaxy we were born on.

I do know someone in Nasa who has spent a large portion of time studying the universe by telescope & wonder what he remembers.

People have gone as far as to describe a new earth from old earth. The sun has been traveling around the galaxy for about 4 billion years & is estimated to have made about 16 rotations so far. Its not been only in one arm & it never will be in just one arm so the sky will change but not in the infinitely small amount of time man has existed.
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/spit ... -10am.html
Our sun should shine for another 4 or 5 billion years. If we survive as a species I just wonder what life will be like?

For now we have 3 spatial dimensions we can interact with & a 4th being time which we try to keep track of so precisely.
If we plot a place & time then it would describe a single moment. In our world it seems time goes forward linearly & we can never go back. Suppose time could be affected by things just like space. Suppose it could be bent or even travel in a circle.
Then we could come around & one day relive a moment. Take out wave theory & add quantum & time could coexist at the same time in different realities or dimensions. After that its not such a big step to jump back or forward in time theoretically.
I don;t know its all a bit mind boggling.

Anyway back to music & frequencies...Guess we would have to put deaf people in sound proof chambers free of any wavelengths & see if there bodies were affected by absolute silence. Do the cells & dna have some sort of way of operating on frequency. Would they perish if cut off from all wavelengths & frequencies. Doubt we could do it as we just don't even know if we can measure all the possible frequencies & wavelengths & if we don;t even know they exist how can we stop them?
We do radio astronomy. We can study the universe where we can't see light.
Molecules such as O2, CO2 & H2O have frequencies & energy. Most of life as we know it are made up of these molecules & more. We are all emitting energy & frequencies at the atomic level. We are all made of the same atomic elements. Therefore at the atomic level we are very similar. Nothing is really solid like it appears to us. The molecules of the glass on the wood table are merging at the surface. So is your hand holding the glass but they all retain there identity because of bonds holding them seperate is weaker than the energy it would take to fuse them. Guess that's a good thing or we would be picking up all sorts of atoms we came in contact with.

Wonder what Steve Perry has on his mind & we may not have all the time in the world to hear it.

Wonder what music will be like in the future? We've gone from analog to digital & acoustic to synthesized.
I don't like synthesized but maybe it will evolve. I still rather hear live drums or even recorded over synthesized drum machines. It's more of a feeling than a sound the way it resonates.
I still think classical music & symphonies are at the pinnacale of our creative talent & may be the only timeless music
except for perhaps "Don;t Stop Believin" & other Journey hits that touched some of us in our lives & they will always bring back a smile to our faces for times long past where the future was far from our minds & we had all the time in the world!


Gosh how nice it would be to have another few hundred years to see all the wonders that could be.
Still I guess no matter how long we live there still will be more & more questions to ask & problems to be solved.
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Marabelle » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:50 am

It was Joesph Campbell, wasn't it? If I remember correctly it was his series on PBS. It was Campbell's theories on mankind, the Earth and our origins and philosophies . I can almost remember what you told me happened that day, how you described it and perhaps the time of day. Amazing how words can open a window into different realms of our reality. Take care Shadow, praying that life will fall back into a better and healthier place for you.
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:53 am

:oops: Ouch!!!!My BAD... :mrgreen:

I think you're right (great memory) & I guess I should have tried to look it up on Fan Asylum but if we had to research every step in our life we'd have no life). It only goes to show how the memory evolves with time...My mind remembered Bronowski & I googled it & it came up. If I recall I have read the Accent Of Man. He also had a PBS series & died shortly afterward so I thought it was him. I looked it up & JC actually died a short time before the PBS series aired so I remembered that incorrectly! If you even think about it they are both British & there first names both begin with a J & the last names are consecutive letters in the alphabet. All these things can factor into memory & cause transference of details. I wish I was smarter & had made some impact on mankind but most of us live within the shadows. I'm not sure whom I would like to meet but if asked a while back I think it would have said Albert Einstein but learned a bit about Nikola Tesla & there was a humanitarian scientific genius who made our world so much better at a level we could understand. Even Einstein revered him.


I'm just glad most of us remember things as well as we do & have a pretty stable sense of reality as when you look at how fragile it really is it is very scary.

Now I do remember being in Barnes & Noble & looking up James Campbell.

I have a BS in psychology so I have some knowledge & memory is just not all that one would hope. Sad thing is it is how we deal with reality with this mind that struggles to make sense of things & its processing depends on our past world of experience as well as our current perception. Sometimes they are merged.

I have rationalized alot of these Mandela effects & there is a bit of hysteria developing. Some of it I remember correctly, some I am just not sure I had enough familiarity with to make a intelligent decision, some I can just see how how the mind could easily misinterpret it & some are at a deep level disturbing!

I'll have to take a peak again into Joseph Campbell as I was not all that impressed with Jacob Bronowski.

I do think its creepy that in a CERN video a scientist is holding up 2 cards. One reads Bond 1 (Last name Nelson) & then Mandela. Could they be mocking or making a joke of everyone that is afraid they are going too far & that there could be dangerous results from there experiments? Some people are even worried about them creating earthquakes as well as the
hint of crossing dimensions. Heck they do have quantum computers & they do say at a atomic level they can.

One can get a confused & overwhelmed with all of these you tube things while some of them are just laughable some are of bit disturbing.

The Queens song ending was creepy but that unfinished line leads me to believe that we finished it in our head as we were expecting it & therefore remembered it as being there. Were always thinking a step ahead. Its unconscious & how we put one foot in front of the other as we walk & don;t think about it. So if we think something it can creep into our memory & become reality.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7jVS5TNwY
Audio interview with Dr Perry...

Wow...I am in awe at how sometimes a wrong turn leads us to profound revelation.

Big Sewer... :mrgreen:

As for the HWOF I wish I could remember what site I wrote about it in & got a copy of it. After 11 years the memories are a bit faded & I know I could relive it if I was able to read my words which I know I described in very vivid detail.
I did get to see him & talk to him briefly a few days after the HWOF. We both agreed that the HWOF was MAGIC!
I had wanted to meet him all my life & as special as the first meeting was the second one of pure chance & astronomical probability was magical. I felt as if the heavens had opened & I was given a glimpse of its ethereal essence ...
I have to go back to that time & remember that feeling of magic as it was truly wonderful!

8)

Well back to reality, sound, frequency, energy & other things.

Dr Emoto has discovered water crystals are formed in response to positive energy & chaos is created in response to negative.
Heavy Metal music does not create a crystal but a sort of vortex. Interesting. Still I can only hope its not true as if negative thoughts can influenence water we are mostly water & its a bit scary.

It is said that crystals won;t form from tap water or river or lake water near big cities. I guess it could be important to drink spring water & not that filtered municpal water.

http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/water-crystal.html

Is there something special about the frequency 528 Hz? Many people believe so.

I do know this...the night before the accident I had a dream & I know it was the night before as I wrote about it on a website a few hours before it happened.

In the dream I saw it. It was a room with hospital curtains around it & in the room was a toilet & a gurney with white covering. Next to it was a mauve colored chair. In the dream there were a pair of hiking boots on the chair.

Well before I went to church I picked up a pair of similar hiking boots thinking...ohhh its raining & these will keep my feet dry.
Then I thought they are also heavy & walking a long time in them does tend to give me a back ache so I decided not to wear them. If I had worn them the car may not have broken my toe!!! I had on these light running shoes & the top is net mesh with a light layer of foam so it basically ran over my foot with no protection.

I can't help to wonder why I dreamed of a room so similar to the ER room right down to the mauve chair!!!!
Still there was no way of knowing what it meant. I even saw a car accident on my walk to the church. I did for a moment while crossing a street have a terrible feeling of how bad it would be to be hit by a car & then be gone from the earth.
What would happen to my bird & everything. It was so awful. Yet on my way home I could not react as she came from behind me & turned in front. I did not know anything until she ran over my foot & then the side of her car knocked me down.

I should have been on high alert. There were warnings. Even the bus driver warned me to be careful & use my phone as without it it said he could not see me dressed darkly. I remarked it was raining & winter & one generally does not wear white.
I should have went to Whole Foods like I usually do & I would not have been in that location at that time but it was raining & I just wanted to get home.

I guess that incident is over & I was not badly injured & I can look back at it as some bad luck. Still it did not seem like bad luck. It seemed like the universe was out to get me & cancer was not enough!

Some scientists are finding results that water has a memory & things can influence it. The same water that we are made up of to approximately 80%. The same water we drink or falls from the sky or surrounds us in the vast oceans.

Now I have to deal with the cancer & I have my surgery date of March 1, 2017.

I'm scared & anxious about surgery & more so about knowing whether it is contained.

So life has caught up to me but I hope I can turn around & stare it down & go on to continue to live my life.



Marabelle wrote:It was Joesph Campbell, wasn't it? If I remember correctly it was his series on PBS. It was Campbell's theories on mankind, the Earth and our origins and philosophies . I can almost remember what you told me happened that day, how you described it and perhaps the time of day. Amazing how words can open a window into different realms of our reality. Take care Shadow, praying that life will fall back into a better and healthier place for you.
Last edited by Shadowsong on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby FezzyChic » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Dearest Shadow,
You should consider flying to Australia where it is safe untill China, Iran, Korea and Russia put their Nukes away! These are dangerous times! You have a lot of troubles but you have relatives down under! My cousin who lives in Silicon Valley told me that in that community...most of the wealthy have knowledge of impending WW111 and LA is in danger! I love you Shadow..listen, I'm serious!!
❤⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘❤
FezzyChic
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:28 pm
Location: California

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Shadowsong » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:18 pm

FezzyChic wrote:Dearest Shadow,
You should consider flying to Australia where it is safe untill China, Iran, Korea and Russia put their Nukes away! These are dangerous times! You have a lot of troubles but you have relatives down under! My cousin who lives in Silicon Valley told me that in that community...most of the wealthy have knowledge of impending WW111 and LA is in danger! I love you Shadow..listen, I'm serious!!
❤⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘❤


Thanks

I have to have my surgery first & recover. Its robotic so hopefully it won;t be too bad & its not spread.
I need to renew my passport which expired a few months ago.

I have been thinking seriously about moving but Australia does not have any Visa's I am eligible for so I can only stay for 6 mo or max 12 mo then have to return to US & get another temp visa. That would get expensive for a plane trip every year to HI & some hotel bills & hopefully able to get it renewed there. Only visa is if you are rich & can invest $750K to 1.5 million into Australia. Yes they want the money & don;t care about the regular people. The only remaining relative in Australia visa has a waiting tie of 56 years & the others 30 years. The carer visa had a wait of 4 to 6 years but its hard to prove no one person or agency can't care for your parent. Even if I could get it my Mom may not have 6 years. Some of them have $60K filing fees.
The retirement visa is only good for 4 years & you have to have alot of assets & at least $65K income per year. LOL I will only get a small amount of SS when I retire because my last job of 16 years pays about at the poverty level. I make do as I don't want to sit behind a desk in an office. I manage an apt building so it also means I am reluctant to even leave my apt to get the mail or do laundry as it means a possible encounter with a tenant & the complaints. Life has passed me by & I was not even aware of it as my family tends to live into the 80's & 90's.
I've been trying to find ways around it but they are really tight with immigration. I would have no medical coverage in Australia & my mother thinks its better for me to stay in the US as she is 87 & Dad is not far behind. When they pass I will have no one.

I do feel bad things are coming to this world & I'm afraid our new "leader" is going to get us in trouble.

Well I hope I come back with good news in 3 weeks...
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: Happy Birthday Steve Perry

Postby Marabelle » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:46 pm

Sending greetings of good health, peace and guidance. I read you had 3 weeks and then your surgery, by now it must be closer to one week. Try to keep positive thoughts and hope for a brighter tomorrow. I hope your recovery will be fast and with excellent results. Time has a way of healing and setting us on our path to the next chapter of life, which I envision to be filled with hope, happiness and joy. Take my words as they were meant to be expressed, don't waste any time with lingering thoughts, take the goodness and with it fill your spirit lightly.
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Next

Return to Steve Perry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest