Will he sing?

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Will he sing?

Postby nylady » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:32 am

I do have HBO, but suggest you check with friends and neighbors. I'm sure someone you know does have HBO. Grab a six pack and a bag of chips and invite yourself over on the night it airs. :D
nylady
Radio Waves

Postby Memorex » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 am

MotherCitay wrote:And Steve will thank Herbie, as he did at the HWOF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbjs1q6NJKw

I let my kids ditch school to go that day with my wife and I. Was fun.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby ohsherrie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:22 am

This evening, Journey are to be formally inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Making the evening all the momentous will be the band’s reunion with singer Steve Perry. The reclusive frontman, who quit the band 25 years ago, is already confirmed to be in attendance. While the band initially downplayed the possibility of an onstage reunion, TMZ reports that Perry will in fact step up to the mic and sing a song or two.

The largest from Google on multiple sources.

Hi Perryfaithful.
ohsherrie
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:45 am

ohsherrie wrote:
This evening, Journey are to be formally inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Making the evening all the momentous will be the band’s reunion with singer Steve Perry. The reclusive frontman, who quit the band 25 years ago, is already confirmed to be in attendance. While the band initially downplayed the possibility of an onstage reunion, TMZ reports that Perry will in fact step up to the mic and sing a song or two.

Hi Perryfaithful.

Neal says his management says this is not happening. TMZ is not the most reliable source, by any means.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby ohsherrie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:41 am

perryfan61 wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:

Hi Perryfaithful.

Neal says his management says this is not happening. TMZ is not the most reliable source, by any means.

I hope he does but if not he still put the rest of them there.
ohsherrie
Compact Disc

Postby NealIsGod » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:32 am

Hi Sherrie! I hope Steve makes you happy tonite. :D
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:42 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSmqvLiAELy/

Arnel and SP hugging it out.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:52 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BSmqvLiAELy/

Arnel and SP hugging it out.

Got to admit, this brings tears to my eyes. So happy for Arnel.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby 4everkop » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:09 pm

He didnt sing...so much for loving his fans
4everkop
45 RPM

Postby jrny84 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:52 pm

I think this just validates Perry will never sing with Journey again. No more unanswered questions.
jrny84
8 Track

Postby St.George » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Coward!
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby MotherCitay » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Time to Stop Believing - his new music has been fake news all along. :roll: :roll: :roll:
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:39 pm

MotherCitay wrote:This comment on YT just cracked me up ....

"I hope Perry shows up in Tails and a Leopard Skin T-Shirt! uno, jeans and sneakers. and! he puts all wanna bes in there place."

Can you picture that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my god. N TO THE O!!! Perry is a grown man. That's for tribute bands...which I never understood. Or liked. Or could get into.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am

To all those who call him a coward. To all those who said he needs to sing for himself and the fans. To all those who said he needs to mend the fences. To all those who can't understand why, maybe the following link will help. If not, you either don't know the history or you don't care about him and the history at all.

http://www.gq.com/story/foolish-foolish ... teve-perry

So...be happy he showed up, gave a fantastic speech and will be getting his album out this year. Can we just be happy for the man and get on with it?
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby ohsherrie » Wed May 03, 2017 8:23 am

NealIsGod wrote:Hi Sherrie! I hope Steve makes you happy tonite. :D

Hi! I was thinking about you a few days ago and wondering if you ever posted. So good to hear from you. :D
ohsherrie
Compact Disc

Postby perryfaithful » Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 am

ohsherrie wrote:

Hi Perryfaithful.

....and Hello to you Oh Sherrie! (sorry I missed this earlier)

We waited a long time for this!!
"In Journey, all the hit songs we had were based around Steve Perry's vocals."

Neal Schon
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Sighlence » Tue May 09, 2017 4:40 am

That's the first i heard/seen him talk about his voice/vocal chords like that. Never knowing until the next rehersal/soundcheck whether or not you'll "have it" for the next show. Living on the edge vocally/shot of B12 etc... And wanting to give the fans what they came for. Great read - Thank you. His voice was REALLY strained on the ROR tour. To the point where i think he damaged it.
Sighlence
Radio Waves

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Sighlence wrote:

That's the first i heard/seen him talk about his voice/vocal chords like that. Never knowing until the next rehersal/soundcheck whether or not you'll "have it" for the next show. Living on the edge vocally/shot of B12 etc... And wanting to give the fans what they came for. Great read - Thank you. His voice was REALLY strained on the ROR tour. To the point where i think he damaged it.

Sighlence wrote:

Hi Sighlence, glad you really dug foolish-foolish-throat. Even though it was the first time you e-heard him talk about his voice like that, it wasn't the first time that he did. Even as early as 1999 in a radio interview, he said: "...And then we'd have the sound checks bout 4 o'clock and the(n) you try to check your voice out during the sound checks to see what you have left from the night before see how much you've taken away or kept."--http://steveperryfanclub.homestead.com/KRBE.html

However, as far as his voice being "REALLY" strained on the ROR tour...well... :? ...everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but...I frankly don't know what you are referring to? "Really" strained...when? :? Please excuse me because as far as I can hear and gather, I have listened to just about every ROR session on YouTube (I wasn't there...obviously) and...to be VERY honest with you...no...no it wasn't. Not even a little. In fact, this is what happened to me when I was listening to him during that period:

I had my phone hooked up into the car radio on the Aux channel. I was listening to the October 1986 ROR show...I forget which one because I--became--like a dead woman. I couldn't BELIEVE my ears!!! In a short time, I was out of breathe as he went from tune to tune to tune. Then he would stop and talk and pickup at breakneck fury-like speed...like it was business as usual. At that point, I was holding my breathe. Mind you...I was DRIVING...on the highway. I got off. Yes, that's right I had to get off because I was now telling him...no YELLING at him through the radio...as insane as that sounds, "Steve, SLOW DOWN! You are going to kill yourself! You're going to kill me!..." I couldn't keep up with him. So...........I had to turn it off. Yup........I had to turn the radio OFF!!! That's how powerful his voice was. He was eating...no RIPPING into those songs as if they were alive and he was a cannibal.

And it was at that point...I KNEW that I understood what he meant by "Escaping to survive!" Fame and his voice was going to overpower him to the point of no return. All the emotional stress of his mother's death, I think Jon's mother also died at that time, and trying to get Journey to the next level (he also feed them after each show too...Neal! Yeah...I'm making trouble...again!) It was his Strange Medicine. And his voice was MORE than up to the challenge. I was actually a little afraid of him and for him. He was AND STILL IS an elite singer. The Voice, One in a Million..."he doesn't have a voice...he has a miracle."

Anyway, that's my opinion. It's definitely not the ends all that ends all, but it is my opinion and I will defend it. Hope you can read the other articles posted on that website I listed within this very long reply (truly sorry about that, but I get emotional).
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Sighlence » Wed May 17, 2017 6:41 am

Sorry bella, there were a couple of boots (from Daspudster i believe) where is voice "cracked" trying to hit his signature high notes. Made me cringe, and first thing that came to mind was damn, i wonder if he hurt his voice! I'll try and find the instances i am talking about. Everything was too damn rushed on that tour, and while i enjoyed his singing, the pace at which they played was kind of a turn off to me and his voice seemed very strained at times. At any rate, i sure miss the good old days...
Sighlence
Radio Waves

Postby JourneyLFN » Wed May 17, 2017 6:57 am

Sighlence - I agree with you . While his voice was still amazing, along with the passion and energy, the songs sounded rushed and a little manic. He did crack a few times. Nevertheless, I still enjoy listening to those live performances. He had total control of the entire performance as an entertainer.
JourneyLFN
Radio Waves

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:59 am

Ok. I will do some binge listening and report back...because I either have bad hearing...or I missed something really big. As it is, if it was that bad, Herbie would DEFINITELY would have said something. And Randy said, Steve's voice never failed him. So, I am definitely going to have to go back.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby JourneyLFN » Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 am

Listen to "Journey Philadelphia Hold Tight" CD if you've got it.
JourneyLFN
Radio Waves

Previous

Return to Steve Perry