new Steve album

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

new Steve album

Postby LTS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:50 am

I just read this abc "exclusive" interview online. Do you guys think this is up-to-date information? Read the paragraph where he says he's coming out with a new album later this year?? I mean .. we've heard that bullshit before. BUT, if this interview is really from yesterday??

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/exc ... d=46670637
LTS
Radio Waves

Re: new Steve album

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:51 pm

LTS wrote:I just read this abc "exclusive" interview online. Do you guys think this is up-to-date information? Read the paragraph where he says he's coming out with a new album later this year?? I mean .. we've heard that bullshit before. BUT, if this interview is really from yesterday??

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/exc ... d=46670637

Apparently so. Someone commented "This summer on Columbia Records". We will just have to wait and see.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 pm

That exclusive interview is very much up to date. and Lora said once before that the new album coming out is legit. So, the ball is in his court because the news is everywhere. We just have to make sure we buy not just 1 copy but several.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:19 am

This interview was done Friday night, backstage at HOF.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:47 am

FamilyMan wrote:This interview was done Friday night, backstage at HOF.

Thanks for that info. Jon had said Perry would just accept his award and then skedaddle. Since you spoke to the band after the show, did they say ... or do you know .... whether Perry was still at the venue during Journey's performance?
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:54 am

MotherCitay wrote:

Thanks for that info. Jon had said Perry would just accept his award and then skedaddle. Since you spoke to the band after the show, did they say ... or do you know .... whether Perry was still at the venue during Journey's performance?

He was not. He left.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 am

FamilyMan wrote:
MotherCitay wrote:

He was not. He left.

Then I'm guessing Neal still doesn't have Steve's phone number :lol: :lol:

Well, I hope Steve met up with family and friends to celebrate.
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 am

Neal and Steve met BEFORE the ceremony. And I find it kind of a missed opportunity that the interviewer didn't ask Steve how he felt seeing Neal for the first time in 12 years.

And based on Neal's twitter page, Steve said to him that "coffee is long overdue for us." and Neal said, "please".

So....hope springs eternal.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:59 am

Andrew McNeice, when you last spoke to Steve via interview, he was not signed to a label. You asked him if he wanted to sign to your label. What about now? He said he needed a label in Australia.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby slucero » Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 am

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:23 am

I thought the ball is in SP's court. Are you saying it's in his cleavage?? Lol :D :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:59 pm

So much for loyal support.
Here's what Real Rock is saying:
http://www.kshe95.com/news/real-rock-ne ... solo-album

Lora...Cyndy...is this...true? If so, judging from the cynical remarks even on here, Steve's got an uphill battle. I hope that it IS true, and Fanasylum is onboard.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Marabelle » Wed May 31, 2017 1:08 am

Like with everything, there are those who like to mutter and complain; it's our journey through our life and our destination in life that is important. He'll get to wherever he's suppose to be when he's suppose to be there with or without what others think he should be carrying with him.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Wed May 31, 2017 3:42 am

nothing new here than in other interviews, and wrong info from them. 1 1/2 years ago he said he was in the studio for almost a year.
The OCT release date is new though, wish they could have given a source, if so a single would have to drop mid-late summer.
Which is only a couple months away! :shock:
I hope so, but after the early 2016 statement from himself in late 2015 I have doubts.
What would be really cool is it to be a double CD with his many gems of unreleased stuff on the 2nd CD, like Let Go, Lost Angels and Home at Last.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Return to Steve Perry