Crickets...

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Crickets...

Postby Tomulator » Fri May 19, 2017 7:01 am

Several weeks post RRHOF induction and nothing...nada...zilch. Not a word.

No new music release.

No interviews.

No evidence of discussions with Neal / Journey.

No sightings.

No rumors.

NOTHING!

Why I bother with all this I'll never know...

Frustrated. :|
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Re: Crickets...

Postby Memorex » Fri May 19, 2017 9:40 am

Tomulator wrote:Several weeks post RRHOF induction and nothing...nada...zilch. Not a word.

No new music release.

No interviews.

No evidence of discussions with Neal / Journey.

No sightings.

No rumors.

NOTHING!

Why I bother with all this I'll never know...

Frustrated. :|

I hadn't read that there was supposed to be new music this month? Can you link to that. I know I heard "later this year", but I wdidn't realize we were expecting something already.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Sighlence » Fri May 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Tomulator wrote:Why I bother with all this I'll never know...

Because we all want a piece of the greatness that once was/could possibly be once more. I expect nothing at this point, but just the past few years seeing Perry on stage with Eels, and most recently with his former band mates at the RRHOF has been a great treat. What a speech! My guess is that he will definitely release this new music. He still has a strong and emotive voice. Exciting times....looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
Sighlence
Radio Waves

Postby swataz » Sat May 20, 2017 7:22 am

It's almost become a boy who cried wolf affair with Mr. Perry. He has been hinting at releasing music for a couple of years now. It's tiring and I'm apathetic at this point.

The RRHOF ceremony really whetted everyone's appetite and set us all up for yet another case of Perry Blue Balls.

Put something out or go move to Boca already.
swataz
LP

Postby Tomulator » Sat May 20, 2017 10:31 pm

Hey Memorex,

It's been almost 2 YEARS since "new music" was promised and imminent from the beaked one...recall?

I'm just overall frustrated that there has been NO media presence from SP before or even AFTER the induction. Just seems...fake to me somehow when you show up, are all "lovey-dovey", and then just...disappear again! No words, no interviews, NOTHING.

As a fan...I'm really really TIRED of it.
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby SF-Dano » Sun May 21, 2017 3:49 am

SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sun May 21, 2017 5:46 am

Tomulator wrote:Hey Memorex,

It's been almost 2 YEARS since "new music" was promised and imminent from the beaked one...recall?

I'm just overall frustrated that there has been NO media presence from SP before or even AFTER the induction. Just seems...fake to me somehow when you show up, are all "lovey-dovey", and then just...disappear again! No words, no interviews, NOTHING.

As a fan...I'm really really TIRED of it.

I understand people losing patience when he says so often that something is happening. I understand looking back and now saying "I'll believe it when I see it." What I don't understand, in any way, why anyone thinks there is supposed to be some release or activity around the HOF. In an interview right after, he stated that he has completed an album and it is due out later this year. If we get to the end of the year and there is no new album, then I see that additional frustration. I just don;t know why anyone is expecting new music by now, based on his latest statements. That's all.

My attitude is wait and see and if we get something great and if we don't then he must have his reasons and I'm fine with that. It's his life. But I agree he should not be his own marketing person until something is imminent. It's not a strong suit.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:04 am

Tomulator,
He's mentioned before and after the induction that new music will be out later this year. Even though marketing is NOT his strong suit (leave that to the professionals, Your Majesty The Voice), he's gotta be taken at his word. Both April 8 and April 29, he gave strong interviews with abcnews.com. And there was 1 done before the induction. I have to locate it. So...not really crickets there. I agree with Memorex, I wouldn't expect new music to be out so soon, especially when it comes to The Voice. Hang tight there.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Tomulator » Fri May 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Taken at his word?

You do realize that he has been empty promising this new music for YEARS now, right? :roll:

8)
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby swataz » Fri May 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Tomulator wrote:Taken at his word?

You do realize that he has been empty promising this new music for YEARS now, right? :roll:

8)

Like I said earlier, it's just very tiring at this point. Apathy has set in.
swataz
LP

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri May 26, 2017 11:56 pm

I think there's new music coming...and I believe that there was always music in the works.
Maybe it was never taken to the point where he was happy enough to release it. Maybe it had to do with Journey looming over his head, and the never ending rumor mill firing up if he did release something new. Who really knows?

Now that hall of fame is in the past and they all can move on without any speculations of any kind, my bet is his solo project will see the light of day soon enough.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:03 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I think there's new music coming...and I believe that there was always music in the works.
Maybe it was never taken to the point where he was happy enough to release it. Maybe it had to do with Journey looming over his head, and the never ending rumor mill firing up if he did release something new. Who really knows?

Now that hall of fame is in the past and they all can move on without any speculations of any kind, my bet is his solo project will see the light of day soon enough.

I believe the same thing. It's definitely coming, hopefully sooner than later!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Tomulator » Mon May 29, 2017 10:31 pm

So...

Do you think SP has had any contact with ANY member of Journey since the RRHOF induction? Do you think he and NS have spoken since? Met for coffee? Made any plans to do so?

Hmmm...

:?:
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:43 am

May 27, 2017 - Couple fans meet SP. (photo Alissa Beale)

18765986_10154333411267131_3002455166036742968_n.jpg
18765986_10154333411267131_3002455166036742968_n.jpg (16.49 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

18767360_1282178131879373_348867518765104122_n.jpg
18767360_1282178131879373_348867518765104122_n.jpg (47.52 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

Dude, you really need to quit jumping outta planes. What did you do to your leg/foot :?:
Last edited by tater1977 on Tue May 30, 2017 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 30, 2017 1:55 am

Tomulator wrote:So...

Do you think SP has had any contact with ANY member of Journey since the RRHOF induction? Do you think he and NS have spoken since? Met for coffee? Made any plans to do so?

Hmmm...

:?:

They've had shows consistently since the hall of fame, no? Unless any of those shows were in Perry's 'hood (he's not flying out to Vegas for coffee), I think it's a safe and logical bet that now's not the time.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Tomulator » Tue May 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Don't have to be in the same town to pick up a phone...

Just sayin'

8)
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:07 am

Wow. Great going Tomulator. It's hasn't been "years". He just said that in 2015 he re-entered the studio. Said it would be released in 2016, but like all things...it was delayed! No big deal! Projects and plans get delayed all the time.

Jeesh.

Anyway, here is what Real Rock news had to say:
http://www.kshe95.com/news/real-rock-ne ... solo-album

So, not this month, not this summer, but later this year...more like fall. And it will be when HE SAYS the time is right...NOT before...and not when we want it.

Neal has not forgotten Steve and neither should we.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Marabelle » Wed May 31, 2017 12:50 am

Oh it kind of makes me feel weird to hear someone saying the person he has been is now gone when we see he is still here, rather I would say, I just turned the page. Or, I started a whole new chapter in my life book. It's liberating. We live and we learn. Not to be upset with the things we did but to credit them for making us who we are today', just more lessons learned.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:09 am

With that boot on his leg, that's going to set him back a few months from touring! :lol:
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:50 am

Greg wrote:With that boot on his leg, that's going to set him back a few months from touring! :lol:

Hope it's not his arthritis acting up again.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby FezzyChic » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Just saw this pic with the foot boot!
Didn't see this till now!
Is that a cast or for a sprain?
It wouldn't be arthritis, the boot is more used to keep the foot in one position, like as a break!
Does Steve have Osteoporosis?
Oh, he was so healthy at the RnR HoF Ceremony!
Sorry to see that! Hoping for him to heal soon and feel better!
FezzyChic
Ol' 78

Postby Greg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:05 am

Probably just a sprain or a slight fracture. Nothing he has to wear all the time I imagine.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:48 pm

A sprain? Hmm, hadn't thought of that. Do you wear a foot boot for a hamstring sprain? Move the wrong way and …ugh! Hope he's better soon! And what or where is a hamstring sprain? Could be anything.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:46 am

Marabelle wrote:A sprain? Hmm, hadn't thought of that. Do you wear a foot boot for a hamstring sprain? Move the wrong way and …ugh! Hope he's better soon! And what or where is a hamstring sprain? Could be anything.

Yes. I wore one when I sprang my ankle a few years back. Just helps to keep from flexing the joint too much until the tendons heal back.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:56 am

Well thank you! Good to know!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:49 am

NEW Solo album for this year, OCTOBER.

This fall, Steve Perry will release his first new album since 1996's Trial By Fire -- his last fronting Journey.

Perry shed light on the new project tentatively due out in October, telling ABC News, "I met someone and I fell in love with this person. And I lost this person to breast cancer four years ago. In the midst of that, I had written some songs, and before I met her I had sketched some. And so about a year ago, I started recording. Basically the record is an emotional expression, and a reason to make one. It's been a real cathartic experience going back to that emotional place that I thought I would never go back to. And we really have been doing our very best to capture what I think are some timeless songs."

Back in 2013, Perry revealed on his blog, http://www.fanasylum.com/steveperry/, that he successfully had surgery for skin cancer. He also went into detail about his year-and-a-half whirlwind romance with late psychologist Kellie Nash as she was battling stage four breast cancer.

In what was undoubtedly the high point of last week's Rock Hall inductions, Steve Perry's loving recollections of his long-estranged former bandmates took most in the audience by surprise -- as was his generous and loving dedication to Journey's current frontman, Arnel Pineda: "I must give a complete shout out to someone who sings his complete heart out every night -- and that's Arnel Pineda, where are you Arnel? (Applause) Where are you?! Where are you?! Well, you must be backstage. To Arnel, I love you."

Fast Facts:

Steve Perry made headlines back in 2014 by performing encore cameos at concerts by alternative band Eels in Los Angeles, California; Washington, D.C; and St. Paul, Minnesota. The rock world began buzzing over a Perry comeback -- or a possible return to fronting Journey -- after his show stealing renditions of such standards as "Open Arms" and "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin’."

He recalled the first cameo with the band to Classic Rock magazine, saying, "I was just having fun. In a world where it’s hard to keep a secret, it felt so much fun to walk out there to an unsuspecting crowd. When E (Mark Oliver Everet) announced me. . . Finally I’m out there; the audience saw me, and I hadn’t experienced that kind of emotion in quite a while. It was beyond exhilarating.”

Perry explained that the sudden jump back into performing doesn't mean he's rejoining Journey, with whom he split with back in 1998: “People have been putting two and two together -- but this wasn’t about a reunion with Journey. There is no reunion. I’m not the person I was 30 years ago; that person is gone.”

So...are we happy now?
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Return to Steve Perry