Happy Birthday Steve

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Happy Birthday Steve

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 am

January 22, 2018
Why Steve Perry’s “Oh Sherrie” Video Is A Cheesy Masterpiece

http://wcsx.com/2018/01/22/why-steve-pe ... erpiece-2/

Today (January 22) is Steve Perry’s birthday, and while the singer is best known for his time with Journey, we’d like to focus a bit on his solo career, particularly the wonder that is the video for his 1984 hit “Oh Sherrie.”

A time capsule of absurdity, “Oh Sherrie” is a video within a video, and its intro shows a frustrated Perry clearly unsatisfied with the super cheesy premise of his original music video where he’s playing a King…a Knight…a Duke?  Either way, it’s something royal.  He then has to interact with a moron of a director and a horrendously stereotypical publicist figure.  It all becomes too much, so he must get away…

…AND JUST SING “OH SHERRIE” OFF CAMERA!

Of course, while this is all happening, chaos is occurring behind-the-scenes, like the guy at the 3:35 mark ripping up the video script (classic!), but this madness doesn’t stop Perry from wooing (we assume) Sherrie all while playing a broom like a guitar, because who could resist a move like that, am I right ladies?

So, why does all of this equate to a “masterpiece?”  Because the video is the definition of “it’s so bad, it’s good.”  Also, with the help of a super catchy song and massive staircase, Perry still gets his girl and rides off into the sunset, and by “rides off into the sunset” we mean totally walks off the set and away from the aforementioned moron of a director.

Good move, Steve.  We would've done the same.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Happy Birthday Steve

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:04 am

Happy Birthday Steve and many more ...
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:24 am

tater1977 wrote:Happy Birthday Steve and many more ...

Times 2
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am

Steve Perry Through The Years - Photo Gallery

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-perry-photos/
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby ADALBL » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am

Wonder if there will be a note from Steve on Fan Asylum this year? Maybe even with a bit of info on the status of new music!
ADALBL
Radio Waves

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:26 am

Happy Birthday Steve Perry!

http://www.945bayfm.com/happy-birthday-steve-perry/

By Bruce Scott / Jan 22, 2018

Former Journey lead singer Steve Perry turns 69 today, and fans are wondering where he is! Perry appeared friendly with his former Journey bandmates at last year’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, and performed a few songs on stage a couple years ago with the band The Eels, so we know he can still sing. We wish he’d come back with some new music and a few shows some time!

If you need a reminder of how awesome Steve Perry is, here’s a solo hit called “Foolish Heart”
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby TRAGChick » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm

HAPPY 69TH Birthday to the guy who "started it" for me LOL
Steve Perry.......
SO. INFURIATING.
And SO MUCH of an influence.
Happy Birthday! Rock ON!
Facebook: Search TRAG
TRAGChick
Compact Disc

Postby Shadowsong » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Well I made it through what I hope was the worst year of my life...My first & I hope only surgery & then they shot me up with hours of cocktails of platinum so I guess I am worth alot more now. :twisted: My hair is even growing back with platinum highlights! I slipped out without needing radiation or else I might be glowing in the dark! :shock:

So I am still here to wish Steve Perry a HAPPY BIRTHDAY & may he be blessed with many more in good health & happiness.
:mrgreen:
~Shadow~

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:15 am

Life has a way of collapsing beneath our feet and our purpose is to stand even when it seems to be the most difficult thing in the world to do. You are so strong and so brave! You are in my heart with prayers of healing and good health. Hope to see you soon. And I bet platinum looks good on you!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Shadowsong » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Marabelle wrote:Life has a way of collapsing beneath our feet and our purpose is to stand even when it seems to be the most difficult thing in the world to do. You are so strong and so brave! You are in my heart with prayers of healing and good health. Hope to see you soon. And I bet platinum looks good on you!

Hugs & wishes for the best to my dear friend through the thick & thin of Perry's Arms... Just so glad to have hair & I don;t care if its purple but I admit platinum is a girls best friend! :mrgreen:
~Shadow~

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape

Return to Steve Perry