SP Warming UP for CBS Sunday Morning show & a new Album?

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

SP Warming UP for CBS Sunday Morning show & a new Album?

Postby tater1977 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 am

Glen Phillips says, " Only in LA. Yesterday, we rehearsed next to Steve Perry and he ran in and started singing into Dean's mic on All I want. Today we are next door to ELO. Wow."

https://m.facebook.com/GlenPhillipsMusi ... 45/?type=3
Last edited by tater1977 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: SP Warming UP ?

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:12 am

Steve is in the studio? Wonder what's going on? Do you suppose......
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby scarab » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:51 pm

Seems like Perry has been in the studio since 2010. :lol:

Totally forgot about the song they did.

Toad and the Wet Sprocket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVYYpNaSs2Y
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:46 am

He sounds pretty good.

Steve Perry!

Toad the Wet Sprocket
2 hours ago ·

What do you say when Steve Perry crashes your tour rehearsal and wants to sing??? YES!

https://www.facebook.com/toadthewetspro ... 0sprockets
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:17 am

scarab wrote:Seems like Perry has been in the studio since 2010. :lol:

Totally forgot about the song they did.

Toad and the Wet Sprocket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVYYpNaSs2Y

Both of these are 2 of their best.
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Walk On The Ocean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12bM1CqHoBY

They start off their tour with 2 nites in San Diego tonite.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:20 am

anyone know the song he is harmonizing with them. yeah it does sound nice.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Lora » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:55 am

scarab wrote:anyone know the song he is harmonizing with them. yeah it does sound nice.

It's Toad's "Walk On The Ocean"
Lora
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:35 am

'Flesh becomes water
Wood becomes bone'
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 am

Lora wrote:
scarab wrote:anyone know the song he is harmonizing with them. yeah it does sound nice.

It's Toad's "Walk On The Ocean"

Good tune.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:56 am

The internet is going crazy over it. No overstatement.
A friend of mine who is a professional singer measured his range and gave a quick assessment that it is Frontier level.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Marabelle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Hate to ask but have to ask and I probably will have to do some research but what is Frontiers level? What song are those? Now that I have asked, I will go to YouTube and do some researching. I assume that’s very good. I did my research and he’s singing at that level! That’s classic Journey! They were just here performing and people around me were crying because they had seen the band years ago when Mr Perry was singing the songs. And when they heard and saw the lead singer, Arnel, they enjoyed it but what their hearts were hearing was Steve Perry. There are songs and there are performances that stay in your heart forever, and no matter who comes behind you and sings the song; people are still seeing and hearing him on stage. So if and when he releases the new material, I hope he knows his voice is still echoing in the room and people are still listening to that voice as if in a magical time warp.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 pm

https://www.facebook.com/zack.rodriguez ... r9hhsxrB70

Zach Rodriguez is listening to Steve Perry (Journey) with Dan Humason at Fox Hanford.
Hanford, CA ·

I met Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Steve Perry at the Hanford Fox today!
Very nice, humble and funny guy.

A well known television production company conducted an interview with the ex-JOURNEY frontman in downtown Hanford with locations at the theatre, Superior Dairy and the Hanford Civic Auditorium.

Keep an eye out for a touching tv special about Steve Perry and his NEW upcoming studio album later this year!

#hanford #foxhanford #steveperry #dontstopbelieving #faithfully
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:01 pm

- nice pic of SP on camera

hart_images_media_services

Fox Hanford

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blb0CP9Ane7 ... 1035319981

hart_images_media_services - The Martini Shot is in the can, and it's time to go home. Steve Perry could not have been any nicer. but I think I've forgotten how hot the San Joaquin Valley can be! #hartimagesmediaservices
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: SP Warming UP for a TV Special & a new Album?

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 pm

https://www.facebook.com/zack.rodriguez ... r9hhsxrB70

Fox Hanford - They all came back in late afternoon for stage and backstage shots.
They are sending us copy. Very nice people.We can't wait to hear the new album.
On the way out, they called Ernie at Superior's and got Dinner to go.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: SP Warming UP for a CBS Sunday Morn Special & a new Alb

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:47 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlbO5_WgWjR ... a_services

hart_images_media_services

Fox Hanford

hart_images_media_services - We didn't quite use every light in the truck,
but close to it! Now we hurry up and wait for Journey's Steve Perry,
for CBS Sunday Morning. #hartimagesmediaservices
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: SP Warming UP for CBS Sunday Morning show & a new Album

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:59 am

Sunday, OCT 7th, 2018, the show is supposed to air.
Last edited by tater1977 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:00 am

Fantastic news...thanks for sharing!
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby RPM » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 am

none of these links work for me...:(
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:12 am

Very interesting..... Wonder what that interview is about. It's not airing until October, could they be holding off for a reason? Or are we being played :? :shock:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby scarab » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:01 pm

with all the links gone, who knows. Sounds like a cease and desist.
If Perry was really in Hanford and visited 3 locations for interviews someone other than this Saturday morning cartoon obsessed guy would sure seem to know about it. And yes, not aired until Oct? Thats pretty fishy. Especially when the rumor last year was his new album was to be released in Oct.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:20 am

Filming something three months in advance is not fishy at all...in fact, it's very common. I've been part of a number of video shoots (from the production end), and have friends who run production/media service outfits very similar to Hart Production. You need time for editing, sound overdubs in case the mics didn't pick up the proper audio...all kinds of post-production stuff. Shooting a few months in advance is just giving yourself a nice buffer zone. Maybe THEIR schedule was heavy in the fall, so they wanted to get the interview in the can early? Who knows. Whatever it is, I can guarantee you that the process of this interview sounds very legit. Why it was pulled, I have no clue. I doubt it's a cease and desist, because Perry was obviously part of the project. Perhaps it was pulled just to avoid nonsensical feedback on their social media posts.

Just sit tight on this...
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 am

[quote="Art Vandelay"]Filming something three months in advance is not fishy at all...in fact, it's very common. I've been part of a number of video shoots (from the production end), and have friends who run production/media service outfits very similar to Hart Production. You need time for editing, sound overdubs in case the mics didn't pick up the proper audio...all kinds of post-production stuff. Shooting a few months in advance is just giving yourself a nice buffer zone. Maybe THEIR schedule was heavy in the fall, so they wanted to get the interview in the can early? Who knows. Whatever it is, I can guarantee you that the process of this interview sounds very legit. Why it was pulled, I have no clue. I doubt it's a cease and desist, because Perry was obviously part of the project. Perhaps it was pulled just to avoid nonsensical feedback on their social media posts.

Just sit tight on this...[/quote

Hope you are right, but if you google Steve Perry CBS Sunday Morning Show, only like three hits show up, and MR is the 3rd behind the two other linked in this post. If so Perry or the people around him are genius' in keep secrets of the album recording
And yes, I am sure if he did this interview it would be for something to promote something and I hope its his long rumored album. Believe nothing unless it comes from Fan Asylum. But if no CBS interview and no album, glad he is out enjoying himself.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:43 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bldjhy1gTy0 ... earsofaith

love NS posts in the comments …

tearsofaith - CBS conducted a special with steve about his NEW studio album coming out this year!!! the episode airs october 7th!

nealschon - Yes yes yes !!!!

nealschon - http://www.westword.com/music/neal-scho ... y-10561269
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Sassie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 am

I can't wait to see the special and I can't wait to get my hands om the CD. Only thing missing is another interview right here on MR! :D Is that possible?
On my way to better things......I found myself some wings

Dream the joys of pearls and gold, And our angels wings in flight unfold.
Sassie
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Two days ago at the Superior Dairy located in Hanford, CA; Steve Perry with fans and camera crew.
https://twitter.com/Lady_J50
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:15 am

Is Steve Perry Returning to Action?
Martin Kielty

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/is-steve ... to-action/

Recent activity by former Journey frontman Steve Perry has sparked speculation that he could possibly be preparing to return to work, after effectively retiring from music performance in 1995.

Since then he’s only made a handful of live appearances, guesting with the Eels three times in 2014, and discussing an “emotional” solo album which didn’t arrive as planned in 2017. The material had been written after life-changing experiences in 2012, when he went through a cancer scare after having lost his girlfriend to the disease.

On Jul. 18, Toad the Wet Sprocket revealed a video clip of Perry singing along with them in their studio. “What do you say when Steve Perry crashes your tour rehearsal and wants to sing??? YES!” the band said. Bassist Dean Dinning later added: “Unbelievable. I took out my ear monitor and there it was – that voice! Me and Steve Perry sharing the mic singing Toad songs. What a life this is.”

Then, on Jul. 20, a post on the Steve Perry (Journey) Facebook fan page included two pictures reportedly taken during a TV shoot, with the caption: “Interview with Steve will be on CBS Sunday Morning Oct. 7. Steve went to Hanford for the interview with Hart Images Media Services.”

Perry took bows alongside Journey when they were inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year, although he declined to perform at the ceremony. It was the first time he’d been seen with them since 2005.

Earlier this year he made a surprise appearance on the American Idol series finale to congratulate contestant Gaby Barrett on her performance of “Don’t Stop Believin’.” He told her: “It was the most amazing version I’ve ever heard,. Swear it. Beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you so much.”

Journey guitarist Neal Schon recently emphasized his desire to work with Perry again, saying: “I'm dying for him to put out his own record. And I'd love to collaborate with him on something that's different than Journey; something more R&B, because I love playing soul and R&B and blues and that's something that a lot of people don't really know, because I've been doing all these rock records.” But he noted that Perry had refused every approach he’d made.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:51 am

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1145940788

When Ross takes it seriously, then I start to believe.
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Steve Perry makes a journey back to his hometown, Hanford

http://abc30.com/3813908/

By Ricky Courtney
Monday, July 23, 2018

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --
Steve Perry made a trip back to his hometown of Hanford last week to attend the city's Summer Day Camp Talent Show.

According to Hanford Parks & Recreation, the appearance was a surprise

The legendary singer and songwriter is a South Valley native. Perry was born in Hanford and lived there for many years, before moving to Lemoore in his teens. After graduating high school, he attended College of the Sequoias in Visalia.

He would go on to become the lead singer of Journey, taking the group to the top of Billboard charts in the 1970s and 1980s.

In addition to showing up in Hanford last week, Perry also crashed a tour rehearsal for Toad the Wet Sprocket and asked if he could sing with the band. That video has fueled speculation that Perry may be returning to music.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 pm

NEAL SCHON MUSIC NealSchonMusic

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/is-steve ... to-action/ … All I can say is this is awesome news. However the last sentence is really Not true as I’ve not made contact with Steve to know one way or another how he feels. Until I do Nobody should just ASSUME ANYTHING they don’t know. NS
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:14 pm

Online reports hint that Steve Perry may be stepping back into the spotlight

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-new ... ry36092670

In an exclusive interview with ABC Radio in April 2017, ex-Journey frontman Steve Perry said he was planning to release a new solo album later that year. While the record never materialized, new reports now suggest that the singer will be putting out the album in October.

First off, a press release from Journey guitarist Neal Schon states that Perry's album will drop in October -- though Perry's rep, when contacted by ABC Radio, had no comment on Schon's claim

Meanwhile, a Perry Facebook fan page has posted screen grabs of social media messages from a company called Hart Images Media Services, claiming that it recently filmed an interview with Perry at his home in Hanford, California, for an episode of CBS Sunday Morning that will allegedly air on October 7. One of the messages also includes a still photo of Perry apparently being interviewed.

And in yet another online tidbit indicating Perry may be ready to return to the spotlight, veteran pop-rock group Toad the Wet Sprocket posted a video on its Facebook page on Wednesday showing Perry harmonizing with some of the band's members. Accompanying the clip is a message that reads, "What do you say when Steve Perry crashes your tour rehearsal and wants to sing??? YES!"

Getting back to the Schon press release, it directs fans to an interview the guitarist did with the Denver-based Westword newspaper. In it, Neal says that he'd love Steve to contribute to a new album he's been recording with acclaimed drummer/producer/songwriter Narada Michael Walden that's due out in 2019.

"I think we would turn out something that he would really dig," Schon declares.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Next

Return to Steve Perry