Traces

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Traces

Postby livin2do » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:36 pm

livin2do
45 RPM
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:30 am

Re: Traces

Postby Scarab Pilot » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 pm

Very interesting album cover .

Love the earth with an infinity symbol around it.
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:18 am

Re: Traces

Postby AJ » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:38 am

Did you catch this little piece under the album cover?

"This album will be available for unlimited listening (streaming) on August 15, 2018."

That's tomorrow! Does anyone know if this is legit?
AJ
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:17 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: Traces

Postby Scarab Pilot » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 am

Not sure. I took the picture down just incase. Hated to be a spoiler, but it is also on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Traces-Steve-Per ... rry+traces

It says the CD is expected October 5, 2018.
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:18 am

Re: Traces

Postby Sighlence » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:20 am

Fantastic artwork. 24 years...

Can’t wait for it to drop.
Sighlence
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Traces

Postby scarab » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:28 am

Never heard of Concord Records. But they have some impressive clients.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concord_Records


Wow what a short run time but cool they have the songs names.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Traces

Postby Greg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:35 am

Well, business sure picked up in a hurry! Release date of October 5th, 2018, album art, album title, and track listing. Folks, I think it's actually happening this time. I just hope the loons don't scare me off! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k
User avatar
Greg
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 am
Location: Stealth Mode

Re: Traces

Postby Greg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:36 am

AJ wrote:Did you catch this little piece under the album cover?

"This album will be available for unlimited listening (streaming) on August 15, 2018."

That's tomorrow! Does anyone know if this is legit?


If this is the case, I'll be listening in my office all day long!
User avatar
Greg
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 am
Location: Stealth Mode

Re: Traces

Postby AJ » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 am

So far it looks legit. It looks like you have to be a member of the Qobuz website, which is based in France. It is a monthly subscription but does have a 30-day free trial. Will be doing that if this is true!!
AJ
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:17 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: Traces

Postby steveo777 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:11 am

Just placed my pre-order on Amazon. I can only lose 9 bucks, so hey....
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11311
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: Traces

Postby Arkansas » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:23 am

Great album cover. Many, many subtle references all over it.
Nice. :D

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2466
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:23 am
Location: duh?

Re: Traces

Postby Scarab Pilot » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 am

It's weird, I placed the pre-sale order and its in my open orders cart on Amazon but I think they took down the page??
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:18 am

Re: Traces

Postby JourneyLFN » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:52 am

Scarab Pilot wrote:It's weird, I placed the pre-sale order and its in my open orders cart on Amazon but I think they took down the page??


Yeah - I just now looked again and it is not there....???
JourneyLFN
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:50 am
Location: Atlanta GA

Re: Traces

Postby JourneyLFN » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:33 am

I googled Steve Perry and this came up:

Traces by Steve Perry on Amazon Music - Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Traces-Steve-Perry/dp/B07G3T49RB
Check out Traces by Steve Perry on Amazon Music. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com.

But when I click on it i get "Sorry we couldn't find that page." Hmmmmm
JourneyLFN
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:50 am
Location: Atlanta GA

Re: Traces

Postby brywool » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 am

If you follow the Amazon links above, it's a 404.
If you search for it on Amazon, it just shows his normal catalog.

Weird.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
User avatar
brywool
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7621
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:54 am

Re: Traces

Postby Scarab Pilot » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 am

This one is still up. https://www.qobuz.com/ie-en/album/trace ... bwkn7g1eza
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:18 am

Re: Traces

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:37 am

JourneyLFN wrote:
Scarab Pilot wrote:It's weird, I placed the pre-sale order and its in my open orders cart on Amazon but I think they took down the page??


Yeah - I just now looked again and it is not there....???


You guys know the rules. No sudden movements or the man bolts.
Rhiannon
MP3
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 9:09 am

Re: Traces

Postby Memorex » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:39 am

JourneyLFN wrote:I googled Steve Perry and this came up:

Traces by Steve Perry on Amazon Music - Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Traces-Steve-Perry/dp/B07G3T49RB
Check out Traces by Steve Perry on Amazon Music. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com.

But when I click on it i get "Sorry we couldn't find that page." Hmmmmm


Well, at least you found traces. :)
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3229
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Traces

Postby tedpruitt » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:40 am

Scarab Pilot wrote:This one is still up. https://www.qobuz.com/ie-en/album/trace ... bwkn7g1eza


Gone now. (Never mind, it was a faulty link) However, it doesn't make any sense that some French site would have first dibs on this release - streaming or otherwise.

This seems like resellers screwing up what was supposed to be embargoed. Amazon is likely more able to be influenced than this French reseller.
Last edited by tedpruitt on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
tedpruitt
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:33 am

Re: Traces

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:41 am

Rhiannon wrote:
JourneyLFN wrote:
Scarab Pilot wrote:It's weird, I placed the pre-sale order and its in my open orders cart on Amazon but I think they took down the page??


Yeah - I just now looked again and it is not there....???


You guys know the rules. No sudden movements or the man bolts.



Are these people new?! Jesus!
User avatar
bluejeangirl76
MP3
 
Posts: 13344
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:36 am

Re: Traces

Postby Scarab Pilot » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:45 am

Rhiannon wrote:
JourneyLFN wrote:
Scarab Pilot wrote:It's weird, I placed the pre-sale order and its in my open orders cart on Amazon but I think they took down the page??


Yeah - I just now looked again and it is not there....???


You guys know the rules. No sudden movements or the man bolts.


Avoid direct eye contact as well! :lol:
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:18 am

Re: Traces

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:49 am

In all reality, as someone who deals with media production, someone involved with the project... as in a disc replication plant or printer, leaked the art/tracklist.

They would likely be just starting production now for an October release. It could be as simple as a desk jockey in a graphics department with a mild interest seeing this coming to his or her inbox, prepping the files for preflight (proofing the album art, case inserts, etc) and thinking "hey... look, internet".

It would explain the unofficial reveal and sudden removal. (Side note, Cyndy... Lora... if this is the case, have them send me the job! We keep secrets! :lol: )
Rhiannon
MP3
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 9:09 am

Re: Traces

Postby scarab » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:52 am

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... cial-media

Former Journey frontman Steve Perry took to his social media platforms Monday (Aug. 13) to tease a comeback of sorts.

On Perry's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube accounts, a short video loop was posted with nothing but the simple message "I Know It's Been A Long Time Comin' and a link to Perry's personal website which features the same graphic.

(L-R) Neal Schon, Steve Smith, Steve Perry, Ross Valory and Gregg Rolie of Journey photographed in New York in 1979.
Read More
Journey's 'Greatest Hits' Becomes Only Third Album to Spend 500 Weeks on Billboard 200 Chart

If Perry has music is in store, it would be his first new work since his 1994 album For the Love of Strange Medicine, and would come after his reunion with his former bandmates at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

It was also announced in July that Perry will appear on CBS This Morning on Oct. 7.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Traces

Postby Greg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:15 am

Hahaha!!! Well, that image of the album has already been passed around the internet a million times by now (maybe a quarter million by me, lol!) :lol: As well as the track list. I keep thinking Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones will show up at my door step dressed in black suits and ready to wipe my memories.
User avatar
Greg
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 am
Location: Stealth Mode

Re: Traces

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:24 am

One thing that's got me stumped...October 5th is a Friday.

New albums always drop on Tuesdays, no?

EDIT - Nevermind!!!


https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/ ... -on-friday
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Traces

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:34 am

Greg wrote:Hahaha!!! Well, that image of the album has already been passed around the internet a million times by now (maybe a quarter million by me, lol!) :lol: As well as the track list. I keep thinking Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones will show up at my door step dressed in black suits and ready to wipe my memories.


It very well could be NOT the actual art/tracklist, too.

Since when does Steve Perry finally give us what we're waiting for, and do so quickly? No, no... that doesn't fit the boy's style. *Pop* on twitter, *pop* album art, *pop* release date, no. You know he's gonna trickle this out a little more deliberately and officially than that.

Regardless, Lindsey Buckingham big fat announced an anthology and tour this morning (release date 10/5) and that's been all over the place. Even trending on twitter for a while. If I'm orchestrating a comeback, I'd plan my reveals around other pending announcements and not through vague nondescript channels like a French Spotify that not many French use and a random Amazon listing.
Rhiannon
MP3
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 9:09 am

Re: Traces

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:41 am

Rhiannon wrote:
Greg wrote:Hahaha!!! Well, that image of the album has already been passed around the internet a million times by now (maybe a quarter million by me, lol!) :lol: As well as the track list. I keep thinking Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones will show up at my door step dressed in black suits and ready to wipe my memories.


It very well could be NOT the actual art/tracklist, too.

Since when does Steve Perry finally give us what we're waiting for, and do so quickly? No, no... that doesn't fit the boy's style. *Pop* on twitter, *pop* album art, *pop* release date, no. You know he's gonna trickle this out a little more deliberately and officially than that.

Regardless, Lindsey Buckingham big fat announced an anthology and tour this morning (release date 10/5) and that's been all over the place. Even trending on twitter for a while. If I'm orchestrating a comeback, I'd plan my reveals around other pending announcements and not through vague nondescript channels like a French Spotify that not many French use and a random Amazon listing.


Andrew just announced it on his front page....sounds official to me now :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Traces

Postby steveo777 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 am

All links are now gone, including the Amazon one I pre-ordered it from. WTH!
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11311
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: Traces

Postby Scarab Pilot » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:04 am

Wild. It's still in my open orders cart on Amazon. Of course clicking the link - its gone. but I wont be charged until it ships anyway. Someone must of jumped the gun.
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:18 am

Re: Traces

Postby scarab » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 am

Apparently a 90 sec clip of 1 song is avail on itunes japan. No idea how to get there.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Next

Return to Steve Perry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests