Traces

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Traces

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 am

bluejeangirl76 wrote:
SusieP wrote:Can I just ask....... socks? Why Steve Perry socks????

And will he be wearing them on stage! :lol:

(*if* there’s a stage :shock:)

Just heard him on an interview on siriusxm "the pulse". They asked him if they were planning some shows, and Steve said they talked about it but they're just focusing on getting the CD out right now. He's supposed to be on again for their morning show too.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Patty Jenkins @PattyJenks
15 Aug 2018

Colossal congratulations to my dear and darling friend @StevePerryMusic!!! So thrilled to see you return so gloriously and for all to hear your epic new body of work. xoxoxoxxo Steve Perry - No Erasin' https://youtu.be/Oawl9e-tFVM via @YouTube
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:18 pm

Hear Steve Perry’s First New Song in Nearly 25 Years

“No Erasin'” is the first single from Journey frontman’s new album ‘Traces,’ out this fall
By Kory Grow / August 15, 2018

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ry-711365/

Steve Perry, the reclusive former Journey frontman who hasn’t put out a new album in nearly a quarter century, will return this fall with a new LP, Traces. The record, which Perry coproduced with Thom Flowers, contains nine original songs and a cover of the Beatles’ “I Need You.” It’s due out October 5th.

The first single, “No Erasin’,” tells the story of a school reunion with an ex-flame but its words also fit his story of walking away. “I know it’s been a long time comin’ since I saw your face,” he sings in a soulful tone over an urgent backdrop built from drums, piano and acoustic guitars. It builds as the song goes on, adding synths and heavier guitars. “My soul’s burning, just like it was before,” he howls in the chorus.

“Putting 30 years into 10 songs has certainly been an emotional experience for me,” the singer said in a statement. “I started writing and recording these songs with the creative freedom that I was the only one who would ever hear them. Along the way, I rediscovered my love for music. Each track represents traces of my past, but is also a hopeful look into the future. I invite you to listen with an open heart.”

He went into greater detail in statements on his website, claiming he had thought he was done with music. “I just wasn’t feeling it anymore,” he said. By the late Nineties, he could “barely even listen to music.” Subsequently, he stopped singing and began “living life on its own terms.” He met a woman named Dr. Kellie Nash who was battling breast cancer in 2011 and fell in love with her. She died the next year. “When Kellie was very ill, she made me promise not to keep isolating myself anymore,” Perry said. So he revisited some songs he’d written before they met and later recorded them for Traces.

“This was not about seeking closure or moving on, but about taking it all with me, about feeling it all, and expressing it all in hopes that it might move and help other people too,” Perry wrote. “She told me one night, ‘If something happens to me, promise me that you won’t go back into isolation because I feel that it would make this all for naught.’ In the years after her passing, that conversation never left me, and my love for music slowly returned.”

Perry’s songwriting collaborators on the album are his “Oh Sherrie” co-writer Randy Goodrum, Rob Zombie guitarist John 5 and former Semisonic member and songwriter Dan Wilson, among others. Its musicians include Booker T. Jones and onetime Zappa drummer Vinnie Colaiuta, among others.

He said he’d like to perform live again but revealed no details about when he would do so.

Perry made his first step toward public reemergence in 2014 when he joined the band Eels onstage in St. Paul, Minnesota for performances of Journey’s “Open Arms” and “Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin'” and a few other songs. It was his first time in front of an audience in decades. He reunited with his Journey bandmates last year when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, though he chose only to give a speech in lieu of performing with the group. But it was around that time he felt comfortable talking about his work on Traces and the loss of Nash.

Traces Track List
1. “No Erasin'”
2. “We’re Still Here”
3. “Most of All”
4. “No More Cryin'”
5. “In the Rain”
6. “Sun Shines Gray”
7. “You Belong to Me”
8. “Easy to Love”
9. “I Need You”
10. “We Fly”
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby atticus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 pm

God it is so good to hear that voice again. Welcome back Steve Perry.
atticus
Ol' 78

Postby chad » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:06 am

Interesting article here mentioning some of the musicians on the new SP CD. Some serious talent, including drummers Josh Freese, Vinnie Colaiuta and Steve Ferrone; bassists Pino Palladino, Nathan East and Travis Carlton (Larry Carlton's son); guitarist John 5, and keyboardists Roger Manning and Jeff Babko.

Can not wait to listen to this entire album!

http://nh1.com/about-byy/wbyy-latest-ne ... time-comin
chad
45 RPM

Postby SusieP » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:35 am

Is it October yet?

http://www.smoothduo.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/SuzeFromSmoothDuo/ Twitter @smoothduo
Rest In Peace Deano.
SusieP
Stereo LP

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:04 am

SusieP wrote:Is it October yet?

I don't smell pumpkins yet. :P
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby Sighlence » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:46 am

Getting close to 1 million views on youtube. Quite impressive. Song has really grown on me. He has brought a ton of joy to a lot of people. Thank you Steve Perry.....thank you.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby jrny84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:10 am

Sighlence wrote:Getting close to 1 million views on youtube. Quite impressive. Song has really grown on me. He has brought a ton of joy to a lot of people. Thank you Steve Perry.....thank you.

Extremely impressive and really awesome to see! He's been in the top 10 for trending on Youtube all day and was at #1 for CD's and Vinyl on Amazon.

It's really hard to read some of the rude, nasty comments on you tube about the song. I have to say though, most people are so happy and thankful to HEAR from him again. I'm among the thankful and very grateful that he wanted to share something with us again. Putting himself out there again is a huge deal for him.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby Lora » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 am

Lora
8 Track

Postby tammy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:26 am

Wow, wow,..yes, it has been a long time comin'..figured it was just never gonna be. Saw the email from sp mailing list & almost trashed it, thought at first it was fake! I mean, new music? but even a website, instagram & twitter acct? I'm thrilled for Steve finding his passion for music again & for sharing it with the world. What a lovely gift! Boy, do we need some positive good news these days! :) Been watching the video & pre-ordered for the bonus songs (hi & thanks, Lora!)
tammy
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am

tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:00 am

I - TUNES TOP 40 US ROCK SONGS

# 2. STEVE PERRY
NO ERASIN'
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Sighlence » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:14 am

tater1977 wrote:I - TUNES TOP 40 US ROCK SONGS

# 2. STEVE PERRY
NO ERASIN'

Felt like i was back in the 80’s for a second there. Steve Perry was the time machine all along! :lol:
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:17 am

Sighlence wrote:

# 2. STEVE PERRY
NO ERASIN'

Felt like i was back in the 80’s for a second there. Steve Perry was the time machine all along! :lol:

Doc, Marty and Steve invented it :lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 am

tater1977 wrote:
Sighlence wrote:

# 2. STEVE PERRY
NO ERASIN'

Best Sellers Amazon Albums:
#5 on Top Paid CDs and Vinyl on Amazon
#1 Rock Albums on Amazon

Best Sellers Amazon Singles:
No Erasin'
#3 Top paid songs
#2 Rock songs
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby Sighlence » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:56 am

tater1977 wrote:
Sighlence wrote:

# 2. STEVE PERRY
NO ERASIN'

Steve has a spare flux capacitor. LETS GO!

So, of course the new song has been in a loop in my head. Two songs keep creeping into the loop - You Should Be Happy and Feeling that Way/Anytime. So it is those two songs along with No Erasin’, followed by me blurting out the keyboardists “no,no,NO!” chorus. I’m having a blast along with a few weird looks on the blurt.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby brywool » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:57 am

Does anybody know if sales from Perry's website go into the tally of 'albums sold' for major publications like Billboard, etc.?
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:12 am

Sighlence wrote:
tater1977 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:/quote]

Steve has a spare flux capacitor. LETS GO!

So, of course the new song has been in a loop in my head. Two songs keep creeping into the loop - You Should Be Happy and Feeling that Way/Anytime. So it is those two songs along with No Erasin’, followed by me blurting out the keyboardists “no,no,NO!” chorus. I’m having a blast along with a few weird looks on the blurt.

:lol: Glad I'm not the only one :lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby annpea » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:54 am

tater1977 wrote:
Memorex wrote:15 songs on the target version. Nice.

Preordered this too, as it said 'limited supplies avaiable'.
with the 5 extra tracks on it.

Steve Perry Traces (Target Exclusive)
qty 1 $15.99

I got a discount of 10 bucks off.

I ordered CD+ patch from his website store. I can't wait to hear the whole CD. I got the download of NE.
Dancing between the raindrops.
annpea
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Jeff Scott Soto @jeffscottsoto

Replying to @EddieTrunk @StevePerryMusic @SIRIUSXM
This was one of your best interviews Eddie, of course with one of the best in the biz to interview...the world is truly geeking out including myself that Mr Perry has returned, I'm all for the baby steps he's taking, no need for a legend to dive back in head first!!

3:01 PM - 16 Aug 2018 from Agoura Hills, CA

Deen Castronovo @DeenTheDrummer

I’m with Jeff on this! Congrats Mr. Perry and welcome home!
Last edited by tater1977 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Has anyone heard or seen the name of the artist who did the album cover :?:
Last edited by tater1977 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Sighlence » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:10 am

Reaching for it at 1:53 !! Have to wonder how high he can get at this stage. Seems as though it has gotten considerably stronger since the Eels shows.

"Asked about his high-pitched vocal delivery, Perry noted it was a product of "that point in time in music." "You kind of had to get in the outdo-the-next-kind-of-cat mode," he said. "There were so many of us trying to climb to the top of the heap, so to speak, as who's going to be the one who can really belt it. There were so many great singers — the cat from Toto, the cat from Santana, the cat from Survivor. So many different singers with these high voices, and I'm thinking, 'Okay, watch this.' We were all competitive. I just kept pushing myself for greater heights.”
He also admitted that he "may have set the bar a little high at this age. I probably could [still do it], but I may have to drop a key here and there. I'm okay with that.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-perry-quit-journey/
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:00 am

[WATCH] Hollywood Minute: Scarlett Johansson is the highest paid actress

CNN | Scarlett Johansson brings in big bucks, 'Crazy Rich Asians' gets funny, and Steve Perry returns! David Daniel reports

https://ewn.co.za/2018/08/17/hollywood- ... id-actress
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:10 am

Sighlence wrote:So, of course the new song has been in a loop in my head. Two songs keep creeping into the loop - You Should Be Happy and Feeling that Way/Anytime. So it is those two songs along with No Erasin’, followed by me blurting out the keyboardists “no,no,NO!” chorus. I’m having a blast along with a few weird looks on the blurt.

That's Perry on backgrounds on the recording. His lows and such sound so good on this.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:47 am

Talk Talk with Martha Quinn

Steve Perry made his return to music this week and Martha Quinn had A LOT to say about it! His return to Journey, his new song and more.

Episode 58- Steve Perry Returns
August 17, 2018

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/508-Talk ... a-quinn%2F

24 min

LORA - 16.20 :lol: 8)
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:38 am

Since the posting of "No Erasin" on Youtube, 337,376 people have viewed the song per day.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby JeremyP » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:56 am

Sweet. If The Eagles hadn't taken the title "Hell Freezes Over"....

Cool seeing all the former regulars I used to post with back on here. Is it 2007?

Speaking of The Eagles, "All The Former Regulars" sounds like a Joe Walsh song.

"When approached for comment, former Journey manager Herbie Herbert simply stated, "Steve Perry...that name has been coming in and out of my life since the beginning of time...."
JeremyP
LP

Postby SusieP » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:20 am

JeremyP wrote:
Cool seeing all the former regulars I used to post with back on here. Is it 2007?

Isn't it great!

We've all been waiting in the wings for him to dust off his tailcoat - or yellow zebra print tee shirt and come back to centre stage where the Voice belongs.

http://www.smoothduo.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/SuzeFromSmoothDuo/ Twitter @smoothduo
Rest In Peace Deano.
SusieP
Stereo LP

Postby Pacfanweb » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:39 am

jrny84 wrote:
Sighlence wrote:Getting close to 1 million views on youtube. Quite impressive. Song has really grown on me. He has brought a ton of joy to a lot of people. Thank you Steve Perry.....thank you.

Extremely impressive and really awesome to see! He's been in the top 10 for trending on Youtube all day and was at #1 for CD's and Vinyl on Amazon.

It's really hard to read some of the rude, nasty comments on you tube about the song. I have to say though, most people are so happy and thankful to HEAR from him again. I'm among the thankful and very grateful that he wanted to share something with us again. Putting himself out there again is a huge deal for him.

The comments on Youtube are overwhelmingly positive, though. You have to search for the negative ones.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry