Traces

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Traces

Postby slucero » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:55 pm

really hope they sell a lossless version of this

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Great Review Andrew - ON ANDREW'S FRONT PAGE

STEVE PERRY - No Erasin' (Single Review)

http://www.melodicrock.com/

The first line of No Erasin’ says it all – I know its been a long time comin’… - the same line Steve Perry teased fans with just yesterday. Who thought we’d be listening to the first single and watching the new video just 24hrs later?

No Erasin’ is a triumphant return – Steve’s first new song in 20 years – and it’s classic Perry all the way. This is a GREAT song. That’s the most important aspect. It’s a personal message, which I will presume is going to be the continued theme of the album as a whole.

The voice? It’s there, it’s absolutely there. It’s different, yet so familiar.

Twenty years since we last heard Steve on record and you can hear the differences. In the same way Steve’s voice matured from the insanely high notes of Escape and Frontiers, to the deeper and more soulful Street Talk, Trial By Fire and Strange Medicine albums, so to has it further matured to be an understandably older voice. Raspier and yes, more fallible, but each time I play this song I have to pause afterwards and just appreciate how good he still sounds.

The production is first rate – the mix is exquisite, and every musical nuance can be heard. On the surface it seems a pretty simple song, but depth comes with time and there is so much depth here. From the classic Steve Perry soul-harmonies of his solo work and the many layers of backing vocals, to the vocal inflections such as at 1.05 and 1.40 in the song – it’s just classic “solo” Perry all the way. And the melody bridge at 3.50 – perfection.

The video is a joy to watch, just look at Steve’s face – you know he’s loving this and you can feel it.

It’s a huge sound. It may not be the faster, heavier album intro that was You Better Wait and it may well be that the album is fairly laid back and ballad heavy, but with this raspy tone and the personal lyrical style Steve does, that makes for a really compelling album and I can’t wait to hear more.

Putting aside the fanboy happiness to hear Steve back again, this single has already surpassed my expectations. Thank you Steve Perry.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Yahoo Entertainment

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ste ... rc=fauxdal

Fans may have thought Steve Perry had stopped believin’, but after a two-decade recording hiatus, the reclusive ex-Journey singer has finally released “No Erasin’,” the lead single off his 10-song comeback album and third proper solo effort, Traces, due out Oct. 5. The man who recently ranked at No. 76 on Rolling Stone’s list of Greatest Singers of All Time sounds in fine form — perhaps a bit raspier, a bit world-wearier, but still evoking Journey’s anthemic Escape era — on the strident, arena-ready power ballad.

Perry’s last two releases were his 1994 solo album For the Love of Strange Medicine, followed in 1996 by Journey’s Trial by Fire and the solo song “I Stand Alone” for the Quest for Camelot soundtrack in 1998. Since then, he has kept a low profile.

In 2014, he performed onstage for the first time in 20 years, singing three songs with his friend Mark Everett’s indie rock band Eels at a club show in St. Paul, Minnesota; however, when he attended last year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony, at which Journey was inducted, he opted not to perform with his former bandmates, whom he had not seen in over a decade.

On his website, Perry explains his reasons for finally returning to the scene. “Years ago, I disappeared. There were many reasons, but mainly… my love for music had suddenly left me. I knew that simply stopping, was what I had to do. If music was ever to return to my heart, then and only then I would figure out what to do,” he begins. “If not… so be it, for I had already lived the dream of dreams.”

Perry explains that he eventually felt his creative spark rekindled, and “then another beautiful thing happened. I found love. My precious Kellie gave me a life I never knew I had. I lost her December of 2012. … May of 2015, I began recording. These songs are special to me. I respectfully ask that you please listen to them.”

Perry is referring to his girlfriend, psychologist Kellie Nash. In a touching blog post on the Fan Asylum website in 2013, Perry revealed that he fell for Nash in May 2011 after seeing her in Five, a Lifetime TV special about breast cancer survivors, and asking the director, his friend Patty Jenkins, to introduce them.

When Jenkins informed him that Nash’s cancer had returned and was now in Stage 4, Perry knew meeting Nash and possibly getting attached was an emotional risk, but he still wanted to be fixed up. Once the two met in person, it was love at first sight, and they “both knew that we were meant to be together.”

Perry was by Nash’s side as she underwent alternative treatment, and the couple “had the most magical summer of our lives together”; they dated for a year and a half before Nash ultimately lost her cancer battle. “She was so strong, so courageous and we really loved each other so very much,” Perry wrote in his blog. “Though Kellie and I were only together for one-and-a-half years, it was a lifetime of love packed into every moment.”

Speaking to ABC Radio in 2017, Perry described Traces as “an emotional expression” and confessed, “It’s been a real cathartic experience going back to that emotional place that I thought I would never go back to. And we really have been doing our very best to capture what I think are some timeless songs.”

Traces is available for pre-order here.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Steve Perry Traces

Pre-Order Steve Perry Traces at these Retailer sites -

http://smarturl.it/SPtraces

SP's Official Store

http://traces.steveperry.com/
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:07 pm

15 songs on the target version. Nice.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Memorex wrote:15 songs on the target version. Nice.

OK had to order this too lol thanks Memorex.

1. NO ERASIN'
2. WE'RE STILL HERE
3. MOST OF ALL
4. NO MORE CRYIN'
5. IN THE RAIN
6. SUN SHINES GRAY
7. YOU BELONG TO ME
8. EASY TO LOVE
9. I NEED YOU
10. WE FLY
BONUS TRACKS
11. OCTOBER IN NEW YORK
12. ANGEL EYES
13. CALL ON ME
14. COULD WE BE SOMETHIN' AGAIN
15. BLUE JAYS FLY
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Preordered this too, as it said 'limited supplies avaiable'.
with the 5 extra tracks on it.

Steve Perry Traces (Target Exclusive)
qty 1 $15.99

I got a discount of 10 bucks off.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Steve Perry - trending on twitter now

No Erasin’ - trending now
Last edited by tater1977 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyLFN » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 pm

I love the song, but most of all I love seeing him perform again. He is such an incredible performer.
JourneyLFN
Radio Waves

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:38 pm

bluejeangirl76 wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:You guys know the rules. No sudden movements or the man bolts.

Are these people new?! Jesus!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby Sighlence » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:00 am

I purchased a Signed + Numbered 48 x 27 Poster. The artwork is amazing so it will make a nice wall piece. Now to pre-order a 15 track CD from Target and i am done. Good times!
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby tedpruitt » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:31 am

Anyone recognize anyone in the band?
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby Scarab Pilot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:34 am

Cancelled my Amazon pre-order and got the Target 15 song cd. Now if I can talk my wife into a signed art proof....

I am so jazzed! No Erasin' is growning on me quickly.
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP

Postby Sighlence » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:43 am

Scarab Pilot wrote:Cancelled my Amazon pre-order and got the Target 15 song cd. Now if I can talk my wife into a signed art proof....

To me, seeing the video helped the song "click". It's all about expectations. I don't expect him to have the Journey pipes (nor should any of us) so it's easy for me. It's a gift of sort. I'm taking this shit in...and lovin' it.

I have to wonder what Neil, Jon and the rest are thinking right now.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:45 am

Scarab Pilot wrote:Cancelled my Amazon pre-order and got the Target 15 song cd. Now if I can talk my wife into a signed art proof....

Thats what I did, then ordered some other stuff too.
Targets a better deal than Amazon.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:46 am

Sighlence wrote:I purchased a Signed + Numbered 48 x 27 Poster. The artwork is amazing so it will make a nice wall piece. Now to pre-order a 15 track CD from Target and i am done. Good times!

I'm tempted to buy one too. Wall's full of Leppard framed and matted stuff though.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 am

Hello, visiting from the Styx board...... Congrats to Steve and his fans! I've always liked him and looking forward to this album. I pre ordered the fire vinyl and see that 2 more songs will be released early, one on 9/5 and another on 9/21.
STYX new album coming in 2020
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Sighlence » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:08 am

RedWingFan wrote:
Sighlence wrote:I purchased a Signed + Numbered 48 x 27 Poster. The artwork is amazing so it will make a nice wall piece. Now to pre-order a 15 track CD from Target and i am done. Good times!

I'm tempted to buy one too. Wall's full of Leppard framed and matted stuff though.

Only 200 available. Hopefully my daughter will take good care of it after i am gone. But then, she can't even take care of her dogs. :lol:

Looks like stuff is selling out already.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby verslibre » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:42 am

His voice sounds pretty solid. Very ordinary sounding song, though. More '88 than '18, but that's to be expected.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Lora » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:22 am

tater1977 wrote:

1. NO ERASIN'
2. WE'RE STILL HERE
3. MOST OF ALL
4. NO MORE CRYIN'
5. IN THE RAIN
6. SUN SHINES GRAY
7. YOU BELONG TO ME
8. EASY TO LOVE
9. I NEED YOU
10. WE FLY
BONUS TRACKS
11. OCTOBER IN NEW YORK
12. ANGEL EYES
13. CALL ON ME
15. BLUE JAYS FLY

I strongly encourage everyone to order the CD with bonus tracks. There are some really great songs there and you don't want to miss out on having them.
Lora
8 Track

Postby verslibre » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 am

Or we can just wait to hear if they're any good on YT, Lora Bora. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:37 am

Lora wrote:
I strongly encourage everyone to order the CD with bonus tracks. There are some really great songs there and you don't want to miss out on having them.

I'm old school... can i like, just buy it at Target? Will it be in stores? :lol:

I pre-ordered the signed one, but I just realized, I want one I can actually touch and read and listen to and not worry if I leave it in the car or someone messes with it. :lol: :lol:
bluejeangirl76
MP3

Postby Memorex » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 am

bluejeangirl76 wrote:
Lora wrote:

I'm old school... can i like, just buy it at Target? Will it be in stores? :lol:

I pre-ordered the signed one, but I just realized, I want one I can actually touch and read and listen to and not worry if I leave it in the car or someone messes with it. :lol: :lol:

I believe this is a physical CD. Says limited copies avail. In my area, I can no longer walk into a store and buy CDs. Even best buy here stopped. Best bet is to pre order this and be safe you get it.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Scarab Pilot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:00 am

Lora wrote:
tater1977 wrote:

1. NO ERASIN'
2. WE'RE STILL HERE
3. MOST OF ALL
4. NO MORE CRYIN'
5. IN THE RAIN
6. SUN SHINES GRAY
7. YOU BELONG TO ME
8. EASY TO LOVE
9. I NEED YOU
10. WE FLY
BONUS TRACKS
11. OCTOBER IN NEW YORK
12. ANGEL EYES
13. CALL ON ME
15. BLUE JAYS FLY

Done! Cancelled my Amazon order and pre-ordered the 15 track from Target. Can't Wait!
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP

Postby SusieP » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:14 am

Im in the UK, have pre ordered from amazon - but no set list given.
Will that be the 15 tracks?

What or where is Target? Do they ship to the UK, please?

http://www.smoothduo.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/SuzeFromSmoothDuo/ Twitter @smoothduo
Rest In Peace Deano.
SusieP
Stereo LP

Postby Sighlence » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 am

SusieP wrote:Im in the UK, have pre ordered from amazon - but no set list given.
Will that be the 15 tracks?

What or where is Target? Do they ship to the UK, please?

Cancel Amazon and Pre-order it here: http://traces.steveperry.com/products/624998-deluxe-or-standard-cd-patch
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby SusieP » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:34 am

Thank you!!!

Have cancelled the amazon order.
And just got confirmation for my pre-order of the 15 track CD. Gotta wait a while after rlease date for it to get to the Uk, but, so what......we've all been waiting YEARS for this to finally happen. I can wait.

Can I just ask....... socks? Why Steve Perry socks????

http://www.smoothduo.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/SuzeFromSmoothDuo/ Twitter @smoothduo
Rest In Peace Deano.
SusieP
Stereo LP

Postby Sighlence » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:54 am

SusieP wrote:
Can I just ask....... socks? Why Steve Perry socks????

For you to dance in, silly. :D
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:56 am

SusieP wrote:Can I just ask....... socks? Why Steve Perry socks????

And will he be wearing them on stage! :lol:

(*if* there’s a stage :shock:)
bluejeangirl76
MP3

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 am

I just ordered his Deluxe 15 song album package. I was wondering about the socks too!

I want a good long look at that album cover :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry