Steve Perry Interviews

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Steve Perry Interviews

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:31 am

jrny84 wrote:Yes, please do. Thank you!

Sent it. Check your pm.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:56 am

Lora wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Lora - first off, thank you for all of the wonderful information you've been sharing with us over the past few days. What kind of super glue did you have to use to keep your lips sealed, and not spill any of the beans over the past months?!?!?

You are welcome, Art. We've always been more interested in posting accurate info than posting just to say we were the first. I also don't like people who do the "I know something you don't know but I can't tell you" crap. Things have changed so much since this project started. No point in posting until we were sure of the final outcome. What was hard was not posting something after he played the album for us. I wanted to come here and go, "OMG YOU GUYS. WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR THIS!!!" but I couldn't. Now that was hard. :lol:

Art Vandelay wrote:Did Steve happen to explain to you the meaning of the album title Traces? You don't have to give the explanation, I was just surprised that I haven't heard any of the interviewers ask that question. I haven't listened to all of the interviews just yet, so maybe it was asked. That would have been one of my first questions. Was just wondering if it had meaning that Steve would share if asked, or if it is something that he would prefer to keep to himself.

He hasn't really said much about that, so I'm not sure. You are right - some interviewer should ask that question. I haven't listened to the latest round of interviews yet, so maybe someone did/will.

**He actually mentions this in his press release: “Putting 30 years into 10 songs has certainly been an emotional experience for me. I started writing and recording these songs with the creative freedom that I was the only one who would ever hear them. Along the way, I rediscovered my love for music. Each track represents traces of my past, but is also a hopeful look into the future. I invite you to listen with an open heart.”

Thanks for clarification on 'traces', Lora. It make total sense and was what I had thought. :D
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby HydraRed » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:51 pm

tater1977 wrote:If you want to download it, can send you a link.

Me too please! :D
HydraRed
Radio Waves

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Steve Perry Interview On The Danny Bonaduce And Sarah Show

102.5 KZOK -
Aug 16, 2018

https://kzok.iheart.com/content/2018-08 ... arah-show/

Today on The Danny Bonaduce and Sarah Morning Show... Danny and Sarah interview 'The Voice' the legendary Steve Perry about his new album Traces coming out October 5th, his thoughts on Journey and much more.

Steve Perry Inteview With Danny And Sarah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 0rxvcjq_os

11.00 length

- Danny was wanting to adopt Arnel, by the end of the interview, based on the great comments Steve had about AP.
Last edited by tater1977 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:52 pm

HydraRed wrote:
tater1977 wrote:If you want to download it, can send you a link.

Me too please! :D

Check your pm :lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:30 pm

Stream Scott Shannon in the Morning's 1,000th Show On WCBS-FM
Friday morning (8/17) from 6a-10a on WCBS-FM 101.1!
August 14, 2018

- Steve's interview starts at 2.06 mark

Scott Shannon in the Morning

https://wcbsfm.radio.com/blogs/scott-sh ... ow-wcbs-fm

The Shannon in the Morning show number 1,000 celebration has come and gone -- with special guest Steve Perry joining the Big Show and a massive group of lucky listeners who got a chance to see the show LIVE from our Radio.com Theatre in NYC.

Featuring some of the magic moments from the past 4 and a half years, including call-ins from Beth and Howard Stern, Elvis Duran, Debbie Gibson and more celebrities and longtime listeners who helped make the show special over the years.

Thank you to everyone who came out for this special event -- if you missed it, watch the replay below!
Last edited by tater1977 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:48 pm

heyitsbobbronson @BobBronson2

Steve Perry was incredible this morning! Will share our chit chat next week on @1067Litefm @StevePerryMusic
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby brywool » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:18 am

tater1977 wrote:If you missed it and want to listen to it.
I'll leave it up for a while.

STEVE PERRY WITH EDDIE TRUNK 8/15/2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPUY2DhPTw

Dang, was looking forward to hearing this one.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:26 am

102.5 The Bone @1025TheBone

Roger & JP talk to former Journey front man Steve Perry about his first new album in almost 25 years and more! https://bit.ly/2vZOTjV

-Listen to audio
- starts at .30 secs
https://od-cmg.streamguys1.com/longisla ... iew8-17-18
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:16 am

Former JOURNEY Vocalist STEVE PERRY Says Response To His Comeback Has Been 'Overwhelming'
August 17, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... rwhelming/

This past Wednesday (August 15), former JOURNEY vocalist Steve Perry was interviewed on "Trunk Nation", the SiriusXM satellite radio program hosted by Eddie Trunk. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET)...
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:13 am

I wonder if he'll be on any TV shows promoting his album? Maybe Ellen? Late night?
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby LazzMan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:05 am

Eddie Trunk today. Good listen but pretty much the same as the others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtIY99xZKUk
LazzMan
45 RPM

Postby tammy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:58 am

Thanks for posting the interviews..really enjoy hearing the joy & light and honesty in Steve's words. :) It's been several years since I've even listened to his & Journey music...or much of any music. But, looking forward to SP's stories in song.
tammy
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:32 am

tater1977 wrote:

OK, upload will be finished in a few, then will pm it
to you.

Wonder if you could send me a copy too?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:49 am

perryfan61 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:

OK, upload will be finished in a few, then will pm it
to you.

Wonder if you could send me a copy too?

check your pm in a few.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:07 am

Former Journey Singer Steve Perry Talks with WFPG's Eddie Davis
Atlantic City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhshZm8MVGg

Steve Perry talks with Eddie Davis about his parting with Journey,
the death a true love and regaining his his passion for music.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Steve Perry announces new music and forthcoming album, '

Postby taysam » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:34 am

Lora wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:He’s back! It’s true! Steve Perry, aka “The Voice” and former singer of Journey… is… back!
In fact, Steve Perry did an exclusive, intimate interview this morning on Lite Rock 105! Did you hear it?
Steve especially wanted to share the big comeback news with Lite Rock 105’s Heather Gersten (Perry)
after learning that she’s a really big fan…

http://www.literock105fm.com/2018/08/15 ... eve-perry/

- listen to audio
18.11 length

SP says they are talking about a small tour and may look up some old musicians.

Great interview!! She's a true fan ,very emotional about hearing his voice again. I can definitely relate.

This is my favorite interview so far. :)

I agree! Heather was the best interview so far!
taysam
Radio Waves

Postby taysam » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:36 am

Lora wrote:
tedpruitt wrote:Yeah - I heard that in the interview - I was just saying that the dog and the lady we're the two things that threw me the most. The mystic symbolism seems to be a continuation of the TBF images. The stadium way in the background. What looks like possibly the guys from Journey very tiny. The tails, of course. The Portuguese flag... just tons.

Here's an even higher res:

Thanks, Ted. This is great. I don't feel it's my place to reveal too much, but the stadium on the right by the water is AT&T Park where Steve has enjoyed many baseball games. The Hanford Theatre is there and Fantasy Studios is on the far right. The tiny guys in the distance are not Journey.

Laura, Do you know if he explains the cover in the liner notes? I can not wait to get my LP! That cover is amazing!
taysam
Radio Waves

Postby taysam » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:47 am

tater1977 wrote:Tom’s Interview With Steve Perry – #1442-3
August 15, 2018

http://www.tombarnardpodcast.com/toms-interview-with-steve-perry-1442-3/

54.45 length

- go to 51.30 mark, Steve explains some items on the cover

Steve does say some of the art is explained on the web site, but I can't find anything.
taysam
Radio Waves

Postby ScarabFan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:07 am

Maybe I have missed it, but it seems interesting that the TBF era seems to be glossed over in the interviews. The story seems to be that he left the band in 87 and nothing else ever happened after that.
ScarabFan
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 am

Tina Smash
Steve Perry pt 1
Published on Aug 17, 2018

Steve Perry chatted with KOZZ, we talked about the new album, the new single and will Journey ever do a reunion tour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muz4NAa ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by tater1977 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:45 am

Sarah and Vinnie Full Show
The entire Sarah and Vinnie Morning Show Broadcast.

https://radioalice.radio.com/blogs/sara ... rry-studio

August 17th, 2018 Lost 30
00:22:56 DOWNLOAD
Steve Perry’s from Hanford, and a new way to surf!

- at 14.30 Steve describes GH' I need you' on his cd.
Last edited by tater1977 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:59 am

Former Journey Front Man Steve Perry Explains Where He's Been This Whole Time
August 17, 2018

Scott Shannon in the Morning

WCBS-FM 101.1 - New York's

https://wcbsfm.radio.com/blogs/scott-sh ... usic-scott
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby RPM » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:07 am

ScarabFan wrote:Maybe I have missed it, but it seems interesting that the TBF era seems to be glossed over in the interviews. The story seems to be that he left the band in 87 and nothing else ever happened after that.

It wasnt really an era. However you do have a point the highest charting and only number 1 song is from that album.
I think because there was no tour is the reason it gets glossed over.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:16 am

Q104.3 Clips

Steve Perry
August 20, 2018

25 min

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/754_Q104 ... oplay=true

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer-songwriter, Steve Perry, formerly of Journey, joined Jim and Shelli live in the studio to talk about his first new music in almost 25 years! Perry reveals why he stepped away while at the height of his fame and opens up about the very personal reason he's ended that long silence.

Perry also talks about The Sopranos, Journey's Rock Hall induction, covering George Harrison and the music that captured him as a child.

- SP talks on Geo Harrison's song and meeting with his wife about the song.
Lil more info on the album cover.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Sighlence » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:01 am

tater1977 wrote:Q104.3 Clips

Steve Perry
August 20, 2018

25 min

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/754_Q104 ... oplay=true

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer-songwriter, Steve Perry, formerly of Journey, joined Jim and Shelli live in the studio to talk about his first new music in almost 25 years! Perry reveals why he stepped away while at the height of his fame and opens up about the very personal reason he's ended that long silence.

Perry also talks about The Sopranos, Journey's Rock Hall induction, covering George Harrison and the music that captured him as a child.

- SP talks on Geo Harrison's song and meeting with his wife about the song.
Lil more info on the album cover.

This was a great listen. Looking forward to I need You and Sun Shines Gray (Which he says is a Rock track). Had a "Whoa" moment at 20:50 where i have no doubt he can still reach the highs if he really wanted to go there. The best is yet to come from this release. :D
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby Sighlence » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:43 am

Q104.3 interview on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSlDsjSVRLI
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Brad Blanks @bradblanks

https://twitter.com/bradblanks/status/1 ... 6678391813

When a legend catches you singing his song...... and all I wanted to know was what happened to Tony Soprano when the screen went black. Legend Steve Perry. @WCBSFM @ScottShannonDJ #1000thshow #dontstopbelievin #steveperry #journey
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tammy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:56 pm

The Jim and shelli interview was wonderful..they all are, but this one Steve is on camera up close & looks amazing! I also see a deep change in him..I'm so happy he has found strength & a peace about life, the human experience.
tammy
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Steve Perry talks new album, Journey with Slats
WNCXFM: On-Demand Podcast

https://wncx.radio.com/media/audio-chan ... rney-slats

- rumors "are absolutely false" that he is rejoining journey. SP
tater1977
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry