13 Things We Learned Hanging Out With Steve Perry

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby tater1977 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:39 am

He’s gotten into spiritual matters, gets the same enjoyment from baseball that he used to get from music and almost didn’t let The Sopranos use ‘Don’t Stop Believin’.”

By Andy Greene

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... es-737177/

It’s a punishingly hot August day and Steve Perry is tucked into a corner table at a Lower Manhattan Italian spot taking a quick breather between a long round of radio interviews promoting Traces, his new comeback album that he spent the last five years recording in such secrecy that he made everyone on his team sign strict NDAs. He’s no more than two minutes into our conversation, barely enough time to dip a single piece of bread into olive oil and take a bite, when he stands up and announces he has to leave at once. There’s loud dance pop playing on the radio and it’s driving him crazy...
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: 13 Things We Learned Hanging Out With Steve Perry

Postby tammy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:32 am

Neat, Insightful interview. Now I see baseball in a whole new way. Fame & fortune didn't spoil him either, very real, grounded & practical. It's wonderful to hear he has even more music he's creating.
tammy
Cassette Tape

Postby Sighlence » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 am

tater1977 wrote:He’s no more than two minutes into our conversation, barely enough time to dip a single piece of bread into olive oil and take a bite, when he stands up and announces he has to leave at once. There’s loud dance pop playing on the radio and it’s driving him crazy...

"I'm turnin' off the noise that makes me crazy"

In hindsight, the lyrics to that song seem to tell his story.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby scarab » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:09 am

Imagine the NDA were written pretty strong, Wonder what the consequences were if someone would have spoke.
Many people were involved so it is pretty cool no one did.

Also, anyone know if the liner notes are online anywhere? Have the toughest time reading that small script on the CD.
Sucks getting old :lol:
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:44 am

For a minute I thought he had to jump up and start dancing to get the wiggles out!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:00 am

Sighlence wrote:
tater1977 wrote:He’s no more than two minutes into our conversation, barely enough time to dip a single piece of bread into olive oil and take a bite, when he stands up and announces he has to leave at once. There’s loud dance pop playing on the radio and it’s driving him crazy...

"I'm turnin' off the noise that makes me crazy"

In hindsight, the lyrics to that song seem to tell his story.

I cannot stand going to a restaurant to have a conversation and the music is loud. Pisses me off.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby LTS » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm

scarab wrote:Imagine the NDA were written pretty strong, Wonder what the consequences were if someone would have spoke.
Many people were involved so it is pretty cool no one did.

Also, anyone know if the liner notes are online anywhere? Have the toughest time reading that small script on the CD.
Sucks getting old :lol:

I agree about not being able to read the small print .. and that's why I had to bring out the magnifying glass in order to read it.
LTS
Radio Waves

Postby scarab » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:29 pm

someone posted all the the musicians on Wikipedia, and wow, looks like a few dozen at least, amazed they all didnt say anything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traces_(Steve_Perry_album)
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Return to Steve Perry