Traces After Some Time

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Traces After Some Time

Postby Jana » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 am

yogi wrote:Played it for 2 solid weeks. Could only get into two songs and its now in my CD closet.

Probably wont listen to it again.

Sorry

I've never listened to the album after the first listen. It's not about his vocals. I felt he sounded amazing. Maybe I'm just a Steve Perry/Journey fan, not solo Steve Perry, as far as his songwriting. I love a moody album (Arrival). I love a great melancholic album. I love a dark melodic album. I love a depressing album that takes you on a journey. But this just dragged. I know I need to go back and find a few good songs and at least stick with those. I guess I should say "sorry" too.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Traces After Some Time

Postby Jana » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:06 pm

SusieP wrote:I don't really like it.
Not keen on the songs and not keen on the voice in parts.

Nor do I like the Christmas song he's posted online.
I did not expect his voice to be like it was when he was in his prime, but there are some notes sung on Traces and the Christmas track that I do not enjoy listening to.
For such a perfectionist I am surprised he has released songs with bits like that. I know he wouldn't use pro-Tools etc but there are some rather dodgy moments that I am surprised he allowed to come out.

Also, for a guy who has been SILENT for almost twenty years, he's certainly making up for it.
You can't get away from him. Interviews everywhere. All saying the same stuff over and over.
One extreme to the other.
Total silence to saturation.

Of his other solo stuff, I love 'Foolish Heart' 'Running Alone' 'I Am' and 'Missing You.'
There's nothing on Traces that I really like.
Sorry Steve but after making us wait for what felt like an eternity, I am disappointed.

What I do want from him though is a full explanation of every tiny detail on that album cover.
What does it all mean????
Give us a load of interviews about THAT please.

I'm with you about the album cover. I would love an interview devoted to that.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Previous

Return to Steve Perry