The LONE issue I have with the advent of the LGBT era...

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

The LONE issue I have with the advent of the LGBT era...

Postby S2M » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 am

Memo to those included in the LGBT community...you can't make up for lost time. I'm exhausted, but I'm not going to sleep my weekend away in hopes I 'catch up' on missed sleep.

So it follows that the LGBT community is never going to make up for 'lost time'. Case in point, does EVERY new show have to have a gay couple on it? How about reboots, re-imaginings, and shows that otherwise wouldn't have one(but now have one!). We used to have the token 'black kid', or the token 'asian kid'. Now we have the 'Token gay couple'

I'm all for stories having gay couples, if that's the way the STORY was originally written. But don't stick one in your program just because...sticking a gay couple in a story is the new 'hey! Let's stick a love interest in this movie about shit blowing up so we can attract the female demographic'
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Re: The LONE issue I have with the advent of the LGBT era...

Postby Jubilee » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:26 pm

LOL S2M. Ain't you heard the news? LGBTQ is the new black. :wink:
"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better". -- Maya Angelou
Jubilee
Cassette Tape

Postby S2M » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:28 am

Jubilee wrote:LOL S2M. Ain't you heard the news? LGBTQ is the new black. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That MAY be true, but still....you don't notice this Hollyweird shit in writing, and casting?
S2M
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:46 am

I believe the correct terminology now being used is "LGGBDTTTIQQAAP".
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby S2M » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 am

Fact Finder wrote:I am all for everyone being LGBT, the only way we can all live in harmony is to support the LGBT Community. Everyone needs to get with the program asap.

Let's Get Behind Trump

It's the new way forward in a new world. Change is inevitable, we all must learn to deal with it.

I couldn't agree more, but acceptance isn't kow-towing. Acceptance isn't across-the-board Effeminate Action. Acceptance doesn't mean you start making up for lost time by shoving gay characters into every show, willy-nilly.

Acceptance is Modern Family. Kowtowing is making characters from a book written in 1980, which had ZERO gay characters - into a TV show in 2016 with more gay characters than I can count.

In fact, why stop there? Why not make Aquaman gay, or WW a lesbian. :lol: :lol:
S2M
MP3

Postby Memorex » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 am

The squeaky wheel gets the oil. And right now, that community is squeaky. But why are they squeaky? Why is any marginalized group squeaky? Because they didn't get the oil in the first place and were long ignored and suppressed. Had that not occurred, then things would not swing so strongly in a different direction. There is pressure to include all diversity in all things because for so long, there was no diversity in all things. And what's in your heart or my heart does not simply make things ok or change things. Real change or permanent change often takes drastic measures to be lasting. That's my take.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:26 am

S2M wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:I am all for everyone being LGBT, the only way we can all live in harmony is to support the LGBT Community. Everyone needs to get with the program asap.

Let's Get Behind Trump

It's the new way forward in a new world. Change is inevitable, we all must learn to deal with it.

I couldn't agree more, but acceptance isn't kow-towing. Acceptance isn't across-the-board Effeminate Action. Acceptance doesn't mean you start making up for lost time by shoving gay characters into every show, willy-nilly.

Acceptance is Modern Family. Kowtowing is making characters from a book written in 1980, which had ZERO gay characters - into a TV show in 2016 with more gay characters than I can count.

From what I have heard, there are now plans to make Sarah Hyland's Haley Dunphy character bi-sexual on Modern Family.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Jubilee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:16 pm

S2M wrote:I couldn't agree more, but acceptance isn't kow-towing. Acceptance isn't across-the-board Effeminate Action. Acceptance doesn't mean you start making up for lost time by shoving gay characters into every show, willy-nilly.

I think it has more to do with bandwagon jumping than kowtowing. Gay characters are the hot new thing, and everybody's got to have at least one whether it makes sense in the story-line or not. This will likely go the way of the wise-cracking black kid characters of days gone by.
"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better". -- Maya Angelou
Jubilee
Cassette Tape

Postby Deb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm

S2M wrote:

Um, No. :lol:
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby steveo777 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Trans is trending lately. People are raising 8 year old boys as girls and girls as boys. Gender dysphoria represents .03% of the population, but the politics of it are making it a thing and something cool to be proud of. Anything less than raising your child according to his or her gender at birth is child abuse, IMO. When the kid becomes an adult, then they can decide which they want to be. I saw a sickening display of child exploitation at one of the pride parades recently. I have no problem with gay people or trans people, but I do have a problem with forcing children into the spotlight and the way some parents are raising them.
steveo777
MP3

Postby Greg » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:03 am

It's like a status quo that every single TV show has to check off before they're allowed to film their shows.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:44 am

I remember the good old days when they were just called cross dressers.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 am

AR wrote:I remember the good old days when they were just called cross dressers.

Glen or Glenda. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara