Deano

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Deano

Postby Aaron » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:56 pm

Deano is missed a ton. You were funny, smart and a good dude. Still thinking about you my friend. We'll see you soon enough.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Re: Deano

Postby Andrew » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Yeah, drove me to drink, but still a good heart!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby ebake02 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:50 am

Deano sure kept things lively, more often than not I was crying laughing reading his posts.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby RPM » Sun May 01, 2022 3:20 pm

ebake02 wrote:Deano sure kept things lively, more often than not I was crying laughing reading his posts.

Absolutely! There was no better entertaining board to be a part of than this one. Andrew had the best interviews ever
And Deano was his biggest supporter and law breaker...lol....but Andrew grew bitter & Deano passed away....sad.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Mon May 02, 2022 9:24 pm

RPM wrote:but Andrew grew bitter

I did?
Andrew
Administrator

Postby ebake02 » Tue May 03, 2022 11:00 am

Andrew wrote:

I did?

I never thought so.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Tue May 03, 2022 1:26 pm

ebake02 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

I did?

I never thought so.

I think that's a reference to me tiring of the RWNJ faction that clogged up the site with their bigotry and negativity. No regrets there!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby RPM » Thu May 05, 2022 11:34 am

I think that's a reference to me tiring of the RWNJ faction that clogged up the site with their bigotry and negativity. No regrets there![/quote]

Not at all. I think you just grew tired of the mad house that would happen over the weekend back then when Deano
Would let loose...To be fair, this may have caused you more problems then you let on. so it was fun for us, but after
Awhile not so much for you. do I recall that correctly?
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Thu May 05, 2022 11:51 am

RPM wrote:To be fair, this may have caused you more problems then you let on. so it was fun for us, but after

No fun for me at all. And yes, a huge stress at the time that I had to deal with and something that took a big toll.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Rick » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:44 am

I was glad I got to meet him and Lula in Las Vegas.
Dean was a big dude and he had an equally big heart.
He's definitely missed.
Sorry for the trouble we caused you, Andrew.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby Aaron » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:18 pm

I enjoyed his input here, very much.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:39 am

RPM wrote:I think that's a reference to me tiring of the RWNJ faction that clogged up the site with their bigotry and negativity. No regrets there!

Not at all. I think you just grew tired of the mad house that would happen over the weekend back then when Deano
Would let loose...To be fair, this may have caused you more problems then you let on. so it was fun for us, but after

From my perspective, what I saw was a faction here that felt that they could get away with doing and saying whatever they wanted to. So, when anyone new came around who gave any hint of being a "Perry Loon", they were pounced on and hazed and eventually left the forum frustrated. Or, they would be triggered to fight back to the point where they would get banned. So, I would complain about favoritism...and that eventually got me in trouble.

So, yeah, when you are part of a group that can say and do whatever you want without bounds, I suppose that could be 'fun'. But, it is at the expense of everybody else who just wants to talk about Journey and not deal with all the shit. And, it is at the expense of Andrew trying to find a median ground to allow "fun" but not "shit", and trying to keep everybody's interests in mind.
Monker
MP3

Postby AR » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:22 am

I think Dean would love it if he knew he was still being discussed here in 2024. :)

Here's more blast from the past info. Reardon passed away recently.

https://www.cartwrightfuneral.com/obitu ... d=30635765
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Aaron » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:23 pm

Thanks AR and fuck off Monker, you biased, closed minded fuck.

AR wrote:I think Dean would love it if he knew he was still being discussed here in 2024. :)

Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:04 am

Not going to happen, dude. Been here from the beginning and survived a lot more than you can ever dish out.

In the end, I think even Dean regretted some of the things he said and did.

Aaron wrote:Thanks AR and fuck off Monker, you biased, closed minded fuck.

AR wrote:I think Dean would love it if he knew he was still being discussed here in 2024. :)

Monker
MP3

Postby Andrew » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:24 pm

You admitted to being Reardon ages ago…
Andrew
Administrator

Postby AR » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:45 am

Andrew wrote:

You admitted to being Reardon ages ago…

I can't believe you still think that after all this time as public as I am on Facebook. Where and when did I ever say I was either of them? (JoeyDelight or Journeytroll) I'd like to see that. Most likely you were told that by someone.

Multiple aliases after I was banned? Yes. Guilty as charged. Only after I got kicked off though whatever year that was. 2007 maybe? It didn't last long though. Wasn't worth the hassle to do it.

Me being those 2 guys? Nothing further from the truth. I only knew Joe online. Jay "troll" I've met though.

Not sure who is still left over here that knows all that was fabricated. Loneman1 definitely knows. I've met The Noble Cause before as well but not sure if he recalls that entire mystery saga.

You could certainly ask Lula. She would never have associated with me if I had been one of them.

Anyway hope that puts things to rest once and for all. I don't care or anything. More amused than anything else.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Andrew » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:06 am

Well he was a real POS whoever he was.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Aaron » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:21 pm

Deano was not. He was a good dude that DGAF. We need more people like him. And let's face it Mac, he brought views here now didn't he?
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:16 pm

Aaron wrote:Deano was not. He was a good dude that DGAF. We need more people like him. And let's face it Mac, he brought views here now didn't he?

Not Deano, Reardon. Reardon was a POS. Thought that was obvious.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:11 am

For those that remember, Deano's AOL instant messenger avatar was some sort of talking/giggling hockey puck. I can still hear it. I was in college at that time and had my laptop on 24/7. During intra-forum wars and the height of TapeGate mania, we would sometimes strategize and discuss into the wee hours of the morning. I like to think I had his back and he had mine. If he was taking too much fire, I would come to his aid (or vice-a-versa).

The Journey history footnote of TapeGate notwithstanding, Deano was a bonafide fire-spitting online warrior and humorist about ANY topic. Some of his posts were LOL funny and should be compiled (seriously).

He had his demons (who doesn't). Because of this, I kept him at arm's length. I recall him excitedly telling me to call his voicemail to hear a message left by none other than Neal Schon. I called from a payphone - that's how guarded and paranoid I was. I didn't want him to have my cell #. I regret some of this.

When Ed (AR) threw a party with surprise guests (JSS and Ross) in attendance, Deano encouraged the shit out of me to go. I ducked that too. What a dumbass I was!

Anyway, for those of us still here, I wish you continued health (yes, even Monker). I appreciate MR and reading these interactions.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:26 am

AR wrote: I've met The Noble Cause before as well but not sure if he recalls that entire mystery saga.

I have met Ed and can confirm he is a great guy. I know nothing about multiple sns. On the internet, you never know who is really who.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby AR » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:26 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
When Ed (AR) threw a party with surprise guests (JSS and Ross) in attendance, Deano encouraged the shit out of me to go. I ducked that too. What a dumbass I was!

Anyway, for those of us still here, I wish you continued health (yes, even Monker). I appreciate MR and reading these interactions.

You would have had a blast at that party! Too bad we hadn’t met before then. I would have encouraged you as well.

If any of you all are interested I could go through the events that led to that party which include Dean and I making the trip to shows in Atlantic City and Boston when we first met and got the soundboard of the A.C. Show from Neal to leak on this forum.

There was also the wild scene Dean caused expecting to ride on the tour bus to Boston but their tour manager had other ideas. :lol:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ebake02 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:33 pm

Not only do I miss Deano around here but I miss the entire atmosphere on this board back then. Sure, it could get a little ugly now and then but it was still a great place to be and I spent a large portion of my time laughing.

It's too bad we couldn't coax some of those people from back then to swing over here again.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 am

The last time I had a message from Deano on here, we had been arguing politics. The title of his PM said "You bastard" but the text said "I respect you Dave". :D
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby AR » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 am

ebake02 wrote:Not only do I miss Deano around here but I miss the entire atmosphere on this board back then. Sure, it could get a little ugly now and then but it was still a great place to be and I spent a large portion of my time laughing.

It's too bad we couldn't coax some of those people from back then to swing over here again.

It still wouldn't be the same. We've all gotten a lot older. Enjoy the memories. :lol:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ebake02 » Wed May 01, 2024 11:13 am

conversationpc wrote:The last time I had a message from Deano on here, we had been arguing politics. The title of his PM said "You bastard" but the text said "I respect you Dave". :D

The first message that I ever got was him asking if I was a dude or a chick, it was the most random off the wall question ever.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara