President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Memorex » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:19 am

Boomchild wrote:
UncleKG wrote:Care to address his B.S. plan to detach from his business dealings by...letting his SONS run his businesses? Yeah, that certainly doesn't leave any possibility of collusion or corruption!! You know, the plan that the Government Ethics Chief calls "wholly inadequate?" http://www.marketwatch.com/story/government-ethics-chief-blasts-trumps-business-plan-as-meaningless-2017-01-11 What a joke. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

According to the law, any POTUS is EXEMPT from having to divest themselves from their business interests that could be considered a possible "conflict of interest" while holding office. So he is not obligated to do what he has done. When Nelson Rockefeller was V.P. of the U.S. he did not "divest" himself from his business interests that could have been considered a "conflict of interest". Back then you didn't have people complaining about it. The only reason this is an issue now is because it's Donald Trump.

The American people know exactly who Trump is. He is nothing if not a man tied deeply to his businesses. Americans do not see Trump without seeing his business. They elected him. Which means they were not concerned.

Look at congress. These people make tons based on insider info and are exempt from laws preventing it. So I think we'll be ok. Stop worrying about the boogy man. We have bigger things to concern ourselves with.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:24 am

Memorex wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
According to the law, any POTUS is EXEMPT from having to divest themselves from their business interests that could be considered a possible "conflict of interest" while holding office. So he is not obligated to do what he has done. When Nelson Rockefeller was V.P. of the U.S. he did not "divest" himself from his business interests that could have been considered a "conflict of interest". Back then you didn't have people complaining about it. The only reason this is an issue now is because it's Donald Trump.

The American people know exactly who Trump is. He is nothing if not a man tied deeply to his businesses. Americans do not see Trump without seeing his business. They elected him. Which means they were not concerned.

Look at congress. These people make tons based on insider info and are exempt from laws preventing it. So I think we'll be ok. Stop worrying about the boogy man. We have bigger things to concern ourselves with.

"Hey, we know he's going to use his position to be influenced by his business relationships, make policies that could positively affect his businesses regardless of whether they're a positive for America as a whole and potentially take corruption to levels unseen in our lifetimes, but it's cool."

For 40 years, presidents have put their business interests in blind trusts. The only reason you're OK with this about face is because it's Donald Trump.

Sorry, but I feel the ethics of the leader of the free world is one of the "bigger things to concern ourselves with."
Last edited by UncleKG on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:27 am

UncleKG wrote:You hope he pulls their press credentials? So that whole "freedom of the press" thing doesn't trip your trigger because they report unflattering things about the president? Got it.

This is such a hypocritical stance. Everyone one knows that if Hillary Clinton won the election she would be looking to target those she deemed as "fake news". She publicly spoke about how "fake news" about her was one of the reasons on her "laundry list" of reasons she lost the election. She even went as far as stating the Congress "needed to act" on the issue of "fake news". Where was the public outcry of "freedom of the press" when she was talking about the very same thing?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:31 am

Boomchild wrote:
UncleKG wrote:You hope he pulls their press credentials? So that whole "freedom of the press" thing doesn't trip your trigger because they report unflattering things about the president? Got it.

This is such a hypocritical stance. Everyone one knows that if Hillary Clinton won the election she would be looking to target those she deemed as "fake news". She publicly spoke about how "fake news" about her was one of the reasons on her "laundry list" of reasons she lost the election. She even went as far as stating the Congress "needed to act" on the issue of "fake news". Where was the public outcry of "freedom of the press" when she was talking about the very same thing?

CNN's report wasn't "fake news." It was a fact. Intelligence officials report they presented him with the memo, which is what CNN said. You realize that facts cannot, by definition, be "fake," right? You legitimately suggest one of the largest news organizations in the WORLD is "fake news?" As I said, call them biased all you want, but "fake?" You think their attorneys, of which they certainly have dozens, are going to allow them to open themselves up to Libel and Slander charges of that magnitude? Come on.
Last edited by UncleKG on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 am

UncleKG wrote:
"Hey, we know he's going to use his position to be influenced by his business relationships, make policies that could positively affect his businesses regardless of whether they're a positive for America as a whole and potentially take corruption to levels unseen in our lifetimes, but it's cool."

For 40 years, presidents have put their business interests in blind trusts. The only reason you're OK with this about face is because it's Donald Trump.

Sorry, but I feel the ethics of the leader of the free world is one of the "bigger things to concern ourselves with."

No, it's not "we know" he is going to do it. It is you, suggesting he is going to do it. You want to indict and convict without proof. I gave you an example of someone that didn't do what we are talking about here. Granted it was the V.P. on not the POTUS but, he could have easily used his power and influence in the second most powerful position in the free world to his own advantage when it came to his personal business interests.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:53 am

UncleKG wrote:CNN's report wasn't "fake news." It was a fact. Intelligence officials report they presented him with the memo, which is what CNN said. You realize that facts cannot, by definition, be "fake," right? You legitimately suggest one of the largest news organizations in the WORLD is "fake news?" As I said, call them biased all you want, but "fake?" You think their attorneys, of which they certainly have dozens, are going to allow them to open themselves up to Libel and Slander charges of that magnitude? Come on.

I'm addressing your point of "freedom of the press", Trump calling CNN "fake news" at his press conference and your assertion of having their press credentials yanked. Not the specifics of the intelligence report. When Hillary publicly spoke about "fake news" she didn't even refer to any specific story or report. Which is even worse because it's such a ambiguous statement. Again, the question still remains, where was the public outcry about "freedom of the press" then?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:58 am

UncleKG wrote: You think their attorneys, of which they certainly have dozens, are going to allow them to open themselves up to Libel and Slander charges of that magnitude? Come on.

Apparently so, since just days prior to this incident CNN did a story on Assange of Wikileaks in which they had to do a redaction in order to avoid charges brought by him.

Day by day CNN is losing any credibility they may have had at some point.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:06 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Bzzzzzt...WRONG! Wanna try again? CNN did not vet that report at all and now have egg all over their faces and deservedly so.

Bzzzzz...WRONG! Wanna try again? They didn't publish the report itself because they said it hadn't been substantiated, but Buzzfeed did.

The CNN story said that intelligence officials had presented the report to Trump (which they HAD!). That's a FACT. That's what Trump is using (and all he has to use in this case) for calling CNN "fake news."

"Last week, the explosive details — unsubstantiated accounts of frolics with prostitutes, real estate deals that were intended as bribes and coordination with Russian intelligence of the hacking of Democrats — were summarized for Mr. Trump in an appendix to a top-secret intelligence report. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html?_r=0
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:08 am

Boomchild wrote:
UncleKG wrote: You think their attorneys, of which they certainly have dozens, are going to allow them to open themselves up to Libel and Slander charges of that magnitude? Come on.

Apparently so, since just days prior to this incident CNN did a story on Assange of Wikileaks in which they had to do a redaction in order to avoid charges brought by him.

Day by day CNN is losing any credibility they may have had at some point.

Networks sometimes do have to offer retractions. Ask FOX News. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-news-apologizes-for-falsely-reporting-that-clinton-faces-indictment/2016/11/04/8fd56f20-a2b7-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html?utm_term=.c4cef071f114.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:29 am

Boomchild wrote:
I'm addressing your point of "freedom of the press", Trump calling CNN "fake news" at his press conference and your assertion of having their press credentials yanked. Not the specifics of the intelligence report. When Hillary publicly spoke about "fake news" she didn't even refer to any specific story or report. Which is even worse because it's such a ambiguous statement. Again, the question still remains, where was the public outcry about "freedom of the press" then?

Stories that are truly "fake news" are typically libel and slander, which are criminal and should not be seen as having the same freedoms as stories that are factually accurate (albeit biased or slanted).

What's your point on all this? Because you don't feel like there was enough public outcry when a presidential candidate said it, there shouldn't be an outcry when the PRESIDENT ELECT throws the word around, especially at outlets that don't fit the definition?
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:38 am

Exactly, so sometimes things to slip through their "army" of lawyers that put them in a position of a possible lawsuit. Hence the reason for the "cover your ass" retractions.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:39 am

Fact Finder wrote:
More details emerged on Thursday of how it was presented to the Trump team in a briefing from a senior intelligence official to NBC News, which was reported on MSNBC's Morning Joe.

The official said that the two-page document summarizing the claims was given to the Trump transition team - but in a secure room in Washington D.C., and not in Trump Tower.

It was not referred to in the oral briefing in any form, the official told the broadcaster. The report backs up Trump's denial of any knowledge of the dossier until it emerged on Tuesday evening.

Placing it in a secure room would mean that it could not be copied or moved by the Trump team to take it to the president-elect and any discussion of it would have been on secure telephone lines or secure email.

However it also raises the question of who briefed the initial leaked story to CNN that the material had been presented to the president-elect - which was followed by Buzzfeed's publication.

Clapper himself said that he telephoned Trump and told him that he was 'dismayed' by leaks of a now discredited intelligence document.

During their phone call Clapper also told Trump that he did not believe the leaks of the claims, which have not been substantiated, came from within the US intelligence community.

The statement did not address whether the disclosure of the presence of the summary document in briefing materials came from the intelligence community - which is now the central point.

Link? So, let's think this through. CNN apparently was told by what they felt to be a reliable source (or sources) that Trump had been orally briefed on the document. How much more vetting were they expected to do?

Besides which, every story I've read said reports of this dossier have been floating around D.C. for months. If you're naïve enough to believe that Trump's team didn't let him know of the existence of the dossier and what was in it, then I have some ocean front property in Ohio to sell you.

The dossier exists. Trump's team (and, I'm willing to bet, Trump) were well aware of its existence. Now, CNN may have gotten it wrong that Trump was orally briefed on it (and shame on them for that), but that still doesn't make the existence of the dossier or the fact that Trumps team was made aware of it, "Fake News."
UncleKG
LP

Postby JBlake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 am

JBlake wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Your first Mellencamp article was from 5 or 6 years before his Iraq stance, and your second is full of his bullshit about not wanting to play bigger arenas because he isn't 25 anymore, I call bull shit on John. As for the Chicks, they played to tons of empty seats on this last tour..

Tinley Park holds 28,059, tickets sold 21,516 = 6,543 empty seat
Holmdel holds 15,883, tickets sold 8,210 = 7,673 empty seats
Burgettstown holds 21,731, tickets sold 11,262 = 10,469 empty seats
Saratoga Springs holds 24,599, tickets sold 15,943 = 8,656 empty seats
NYC Madison Sq, Garden holds 14,521, tickets sold 10,366 = 4,155 empty seats
Mansfield holds 19,422, tickets sold 10,503 = 8,919 empty seats
Hartford holds 23,089, tickets sold 10,291 = 12,798 empty seats = over half empty
Camden holds 23,429, tickets sold = 9,573 = 13,856 empty seats = over half empty

I could go on, but yes some markets they did good, even had a few sell outs, but over all, and without going through 60 or so shows I see a lot of empty seats..probably averaged between 60% to 75% of tickets sold in most markets.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCX_MMXVI_World_Tour

Wow.....Melloncamp. That's an act I've not said the name of for decades now. Wow, hard to really tell which I'd rather listen to, one of Mellocamp songs or one of those old Mentos song commercials. Yeah, neither.

I take that back. I'd rather listen to the Mentos song, because even though they both suck, at least I don't have listen to some jerkoff's song filled with political overtones and rhetoric.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:55 am

UncleKG wrote:Stories that are truly "fake news" are typically libel and slander, which are criminal and should not be seen as having the same freedoms as stories that are factually accurate (albeit biased or slanted).

To which there are laws on the books to cover such things. So when Hillary was urging Congress to act on "fake news" what is she expecting Congress to act on? Surely not something that would be considered favorable to "freedom of the press".

UncleKG wrote:What's your point on all this? Because you don't feel like there was enough public outcry when a presidential candidate said it, there shouldn't be an outcry when the PRESIDENT ELECT throws the word around, especially at outlets that don't fit the definition?

Hillary used the same type of tactics to explain the reason for her losing the election and calling for something to be done about "fake news". It was met with nodding heads and applause. Not a single question on what she meant by Congress needs to act on it. It's pot meet kettle.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby JBlake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:00 am

Fact Finder wrote:Anybody see Trump take a piss on CNN?

It was wonderful and other press clapped when he did.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BgwWuoxljMY

"Dont be rude, no I'm not going to give you a question, You are fake news."

Boom!

What's been happening now is some of the "news" media is using specific bits and pieces of what Trump said and omitting specifics in an attempt to apply their infamous spin on it. I saw the uncut version so too late for the fake "news" media to push their agenda on this one. Hahaha.....losers!
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:38 am

Finally, it's very amusing to hear the words "Fake News" coming out of the orange mouth of a guy who's pushed more falsehoods over Twitter than Aesop has fables. http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-false-statements-20160925-snap-story.html

He's like Eddie Murphy when he gets caught by his girlfriend leaving another girl's house. "It wasn't me."I saw you!" "It wasn't me."
UncleKG
LP

Postby JBlake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:13 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:No Bruce Springstein for you then. :lol:

Yes that's right. I never really cared for the dude's music even in the mid 80's. Since then I look back and see even more reason(s) not to like it. Initially it wasn't what I thought sounded any good. Now it's more then just that.

How about that "Dancing in the Dark" video. WTF is he doing on stage in that video? Dancing? I've seen tanked up drunks at the local pool hall dance better then that.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:08 am

Is Trump still getting his apparel made in China? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:19 am

verslibre wrote:Is Trump still getting his apparel made in China? :lol:

Most likely yes since the regulations and highest business tax rate in the world still exists here. Which has forced businesses to look and go outside the U.S. to produce their products.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Do you think Obama will get the World War him and Hillary have been trying to start the past six months, started with one week left? You know, the one liberals are saying Trump will start? That idiot should have left our missle sheilds in place six years ago. Yet another liberal mess left for Republicans to clean up. :roll:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... yptr=yahoo

Correct me if I'm wrong but if this was needed, shouldn't be UN troops that should be there?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Boomchild wrote:
verslibre wrote:Is Trump still getting his apparel made in China? :lol:

Most likely yes since the regulations and highest business tax rate in the world still exists here. Which has forced businesses to look and go outside the U.S. to produce their products.

"Forced?" Looks like there's a number of companies who figured out how to produce products in the U.S. Even Drump's "MAGA" hats sold in the Trump Towers gift shop are made in China. http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/living/made-in-america/
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:45 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Do you think Obama will get the World War him and Hillary have been trying to start the past six months, started with one week left? You know, the one liberals are saying Trump will start? That idiot should have left our missle sheilds in place six years ago. Yet another liberal mess left for Republicans to clean up. :roll:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... yptr=yahoo

Given Trump's love affair with Putin, seems he'd be most pleased with Obama not building the missile defense system.The most pertinent quote in that story is this:

"All recent U.S. presidents have thought there can be a grand bargain with Russia," said Marcin Zaborowski, a senior associate at Visegrad Insight, an analytic journal on Central Europe. "Trump has a proclivity to make deals, and Central and Eastern Europe have reason to worry about that."
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Fact Finder wrote:
First, is says right in the first sentence NBC News and MSNBC, I'm not going back for a link. As they say in baseball, you can look it up.

Second, its apparent that anyone who presents CNN dirt on Trump is assumed a reliable source. Maybe, CNN should have called DNI Clapper or FBI Comey for authentication of some facts. Instead they just ran with it and sent their viewers to a third rate gossip website to read the dirty details of this fictional piece.

Third, the dossier was commissioned by libs and anti-Trumpers to dig dirt for use in the campaign and the fact that team Hill or others didn't use this info is very telling of the dossiers dubious nature. Even his the opponents didn't believe it would work or stick to Trump. What happened Tuesday and yesterday was the proverbial throwing of shit against the wall and guess what, it bounced back and hit CNN squarely in the nuts. I would pull their credentials in a heartbeat and not think twice about it.

Hmmmm....interesting....http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/comey-told-trump-about-dossier-after-briefing/ar-AAlOQkb

"President-elect Donald Trump was informed about the existence of the unverified allegations against him about Russian ties after last Friday's Intel briefing at Trump Tower on alleged Russian hacking, U.S. officials told NBC News.

A senior U.S. official said that it was FBI Director James Comey himself who pulled Trump aside after the briefing and spoke with him one-on-one about the so-called "dossier," 35 pages of memos prepared by a former British spy for an anti-Trump client prior to last year's election."
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:21 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
"Hey Vlad, here's a red button. It sets off your blue eyes. I'll have more flexability after the election, you know what I mean. Let me send the first pig and her piglets on a vacation and maybe you can come to the White House and we can have a stay over. :wink: :wink: Love Barrack."

"Let me avoid the obvious point that Trump is much more likely to bend over for Putin by making a lame joke about the outgoing president and disrespecting his family."

If you want to talk about the "first family," let's talk about the nude photos and allegations of prostitution about your new "first lady." Classy.

Cue a comment like, "well, at least she's attractive enough that people want to see her naked and have sex with her, unlike blah, blah, blah, blah..."
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:24 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:http://conservativevideos.com/msnbc-wants-cnn-buzzfeed-get-bias-get-way-fact-finding-video/

1. You've already shared that video. Get some new material
2. "Morning Joe" has a set of knee pads with "Trump" monogrammed on them. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-morning-joe-scarborough-232094
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 am

Our congressmen, looking out for the "average American" by voting down an amendment that would allow importation of pharmaceuticals from Canada. Surprisingly, both parties saw some members cross party lines, with 12 Republican senators voting in favor, and 13 Democrats voting against it.

Some of those voting the amendment down cited concerns with drug safety, but that sounds like B.S. to me. They're in big Pharma's pockets. We're talking Canada, not some third world country. Most of the drugs are manufactured in the U.S. anyway. Drug safety is not the issue.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/for-some-reason-cory-booker-and-12-other-dems-killed-a-1791116094
UncleKG
LP

Postby tj » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 am

UncleKG wrote:Our congressmen, looking out for the "average American" by voting down an amendment that would allow importation of pharmaceuticals from Canada. Surprisingly, both parties saw some members cross party lines, with 12 Republican senators voting in favor, and 13 Democrats voting against it.

Some of those voting the amendment down cited concerns with drug safety, but that sounds like B.S. to me. They're in big Pharma's pockets. We're talking Canada, not some third world country. Most of the drugs are manufactured in the U.S. anyway. Drug safety is not the issue.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/for-some-reason-cory-booker-and-12-other-dems-killed-a-1791116094

I agree that it is B.S.. I take a half dozen different medications and most are made in other parts of the world (they are generics). Some in Israel, others in the Philippines, one in Taiwan. Drugs from Mexico, however, are a different story. The quality control there is highly suspect.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:58 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Obama has just revoked what was called "Wet Foot, Dry Foot Policy". For twenty years Cubans could escape Cuba, enter the United States illegally, and if they stayed here one year they become citizens. Since Obama has no problem with illegal Mexicans, Central Americans, or Muslims from Countries hostile to America,ect, one would have to conclude that President Obama is racist towards the Cuban people by liberal lodgic. "Liberal Lodgic", what a oxymoron.

Obama did it to cause Trump a problem. Since Trump has been so vocal about illegal aliens, he will be highly criticized if he changes this back. I think that there is another way for Trump to solve this for the Cubans using political asylum as a part of it. Most of the people coming through Mexico, unless they were Cuban, were not under political duress. Obama is showing that he has never really cared about people, only things that help promote his ideology and pocketbook.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:04 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Obama has just revoked what was called "Wet Foot, Dry Foot Policy". For twenty years Cubans could escape Cuba, enter the United States illegally, and if they stayed here one year they become citizens. Since Obama has no problem with illegal Mexicans, Central Americans, or Muslims from Countries hostile to America,ect, one would have to conclude that President Obama is racist towards the Cuban people by liberal lodgic. "Liberal Lodgic", what a oxymoron.

It's spelled logic. Logic wasn't discovered in a lodge. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:04 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
1. Until Trump does, it's YOUR Bullshit. Obama is on record, and a laughing stock in Russia.

2.Who in the hell would want to see nude photos of moosechelle and her dick?

3.Don't want to hear it, then don't ask for it. :roll:

1. And Trump is a laughing stock among the rest of the world, with the possible exception of South Korea.
2. Very respectful. A class act, you are. Of course, no mention of the joke Melania makes of the position. Nothing garners more respect in the world than being able to Google images of the First Lady's genitalia.
3. Just beating you to the (low brow) punch, Larry the Cable Guy. "Get R Done!"
UncleKG
LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara