President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Fact Finder » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:46 am

This isn't hope and change.

It's fear and intimidation.

:shock:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:27 am

Image
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:29 am

Image
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:20 am

Image
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:08 am

Monday Night Political Football: Obama Demanding Lots of Prime Time from Whining TV Networks

By Tim Graham
February 6, 2009 - 14:54 ET


Washington Post TV writer Lisa de Moraes reported Friday that Team Obama is demanding a lot of free TV space in prime time in the next few weeks: a Monday night press conference, a "stimulus" push on the Monday night after that, the 16th, and the State of the Union on Tuesday, February 24. (What about House, and The Bachelor?) Network suits are already whining, but are too afraid of pulling out the Just Say No card:

President Obama's desire to talk -- and talk, and talk -- to the American public could cost broadcast networks millions, and millions, and millions of prime-time TV dollars.

Broadcasters are bracing themselves for the likelihood of three prime-time interruptions in three weeks, totaling at least three hours of prime time -- and ad breaks -- yanked.

"His economic stimulus package apparently does not extend to the TV networks," one network exec noted.

Obama's reps have alerted broadcasters that the president will hold a news conference Monday, according to network execs. It's expected to eat up the first hour of prime time; that alone could cost broadcasters more than $9 million in lost ad revenue....

"Notice they're not going on Friday or Saturday," one network exec complained. "They're . . . preempting our better shows. You're not happy to lose a 'House' if you are Fox, or two of the better comedies at CBS, or 'The Bachelor' at ABC -- we're all going to take a bath."


So skip them? The networks were not afraid to tell President Bush that his political salesmanship wasn't worth pre-empting in prime time. But none want to "incur the wrath" of Obama (and unlike Bush, it's not so easy to stiff the president unanimously in an act of ideological solidarity):

Although the broadcast networks can opt out of carrying these presidential appearances, "you don't want to incur the wrath of the White House" because "if you're on the [poop] list, you are last in line for interviews and things like that," one network exec explained.

But besides the economic hit, broadcasters are worried that this kind of shock-and-awe approach to prime-time preempting might be part of an Obama strategy to charm his way to a new economic-rescue plan. "As we're meeting this guy, from a network perspective, it's like, 'Is this part of the plan for him?' " the network exec said. "Is this what it's going to be: Is he going to take to the airwaves every time he has something to say?"

Such a strategy, of course, could backfire.

"Do people really want to come home after looking for a job, or after being at a job they hate, sit down to veg out in front of their favorite show -- and he's on again?" said one TV suit, who suspects/hopes the Average Joe's reaction to too much Obamavision might be "nothing he's going to say is going to help me get a job, or put food on the table."

Said the TV suit: "He could lose a lot of goodwill doing this."


—Tim Graham is Director of Media Analysis at the Media Research Center


Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Rick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:11 am

"His economic stimulus package apparently does not extend to the TV networks," one network exec noted.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Postby S2M » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:12 am

Residents of my state, Rhode Island, think a stimulus package is having a cousin working for the state...... :lol:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11898
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 am

So Rush has you in photoshop, doing this?

Man, the GOP is such an embarrassment.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby RossValoryRocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:24 am

Rockindeano wrote:So Rush has you in photoshop, doing this?

Man, the GOP is such an embarrassment.


But it was ok when it was being done to the otherside by your guys, right??? A bit of hippocracy there don't you think???

Oh wait...gonna send me another Fuck You?

Respond like a man, and NO just because the otherside does it too doesn't make it right.

You can't respond because you are wrong. Unless the response is nothing but a tirade against me or others who don't agree with you.
User avatar
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3858
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:47 pm

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:30 am

No hypocrisy at all. Your party is a fucking embarrassment. You earned the right to be made fun of. You ruined America.


As much as I want to kick Obama's ass right now, I want your part to never ever exist.


Good riddance GOP.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:35 am

FWIW- I love you like a brother Stuart you ass licking hound.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby RobbieG » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:36 am

Rockindeano wrote:No hypocrisy at all. Your party is a fucking embarrassment. You earned the right to be made fun of. You ruined America.


As much as I want to kick Obama's ass right now, I want your part to never ever exist.


Good riddance GOP.


Ruined America!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Both parties have us in this mess and you know it. You are as bad as the right wing nuts. Why kick Obama's ass when it's his party that is fucking up and again you know it. Come on my man.
White Sox 2012 Go Southside - Bridgeport

Wish the best with the Marlins... Go Ozzie!!!!!!!
User avatar
RobbieG
LP
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:04 am

Postby RossValoryRocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:51 am

Rockindeano wrote:No hypocrisy at all. Your party is a fucking embarrassment. You earned the right to be made fun of. You ruined America.


As much as I want to kick Obama's ass right now, I want your part to never ever exist.


Good riddance GOP.



Well...if I was a member of GOP then I guess I would be offended...but I am not...so kiss my ass bro! ;)
User avatar
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3858
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:47 pm

Postby RossValoryRocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:53 am

Rockindeano wrote:FWIW- I love you like a brother Stuart you ass licking hound.


Yup, same here bro...cock gobbler!

Anyway...when will you get it through your head that it is ALL politicians...even the vaunted BHO...are self-absorbed slime...all of them...there are NO STATESMEN or STATESWOMEN left...
User avatar
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3858
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:47 pm

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:01 pm

I think Obama has received about a "C" grade, at best. The GOP is even worse.

I think Hillary is a Stateswoman, though.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby RossValoryRocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Rockindeano wrote:I think Obama has received about a "C" grade, at best. The GOP is even worse.

I think Hillary is a Stateswoman, though.


Suprisingly Hillary is standing above it all right now.
User avatar
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3858
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:47 pm

Postby G.I.Jim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Rockindeano wrote:I think Obama has received about a "C" grade, at best. The GOP is even worse.

I think Hillary is a Stateswoman, though.


You mean Statesman? That woman makes the marlboro man look like Jennifer Aniston! She's packing more salami than than Jerry could EVER hope to buy from Subway! :lol: With a face like that...well, you get the picture. :lol: :lol: :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Your Momma's house

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:06 am

G.I.Jim wrote:
Rockindeano wrote:I think Obama has received about a "C" grade, at best. The GOP is even worse.

I think Hillary is a Stateswoman, though.


You mean Statesman? That woman makes the marlboro man look like Jennifer Aniston! She's packing more salami than than Jerry could EVER hope to buy from Subway! :lol: With a face like that...well, you get the picture. :lol: :lol: :wink:


She is by far the smartest person in Government. She should be president. She deserves much respect. For the shit Bill pulled on her, and the way Blacks basically told her to fuck off. I love Hillary Clinton.
User avatar
Rockindeano
Forever Deano
 
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:52 am
Location: At Peace

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:32 am

Rockindeano wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:
Rockindeano wrote:I think Obama has received about a "C" grade, at best. The GOP is even worse.

I think Hillary is a Stateswoman, though.


You mean Statesman? That woman makes the marlboro man look like Jennifer Aniston! She's packing more salami than than Jerry could EVER hope to buy from Subway! :lol: With a face like that...well, you get the picture. :lol: :lol: :wink:


She is by far the smartest person in Government. She should be president. She deserves much respect. For the shit Bill pulled on her, and the way Blacks basically told her to fuck off. I love Hillary Clinton.



The woman who told Congress 250 times that she couldn't remember, doesn't recall, doesn't know. Yep, she's very clever that Hillary.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:19 am

Ah...TNC will like this one. Seems Mich. Senator Debbie Stabenow want to take a fresh look at the Fairness Doctrine. Up to the old tricks already eh?

http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blogs/dcblog/index.cfm

Posted by Gordon Trowbridge (The Detroit News) on Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Stabenow hints at return to fairness doctrine

Politico's Michael Calderone reports some interesting comments from Sen. Debbie Stabenow about the "fairness doctrine," a feature of the broadscasting landscape until the 1980s and a regular bugaboo of conservative blogs.

Stabenow told liberal radio host Bill Press this morning that she favors a return to something like the fairness doctrine and that she has had conversations with Democratic colleagues on holding hearings.

"I think it's absolutely time to pass a standard," she told Press. "Whether it's called the fairness standard or whether it's called something else, I absolutely think it's time to bring accountability to the airwaves."

The doctrine, enforced by the Federal Communications Commission for decades, required broadcasters to demonstrate some balance in their presentation of controversial issues. The FCC ended its enforcement in 1987, and President Reagan vetoed a congressional attempt to make the doctrine law. In 2005, a group of House Democrats introduced legislation to reinstate it, but the bill made no progress, and hasn't been re-introduced since.

Still, occasional comments by Democrats frustrated by conservative dominance of talk radio and longing for what they consider more balanced coverage stir plenty of attention among right-wing radio hosts and writers. Stabenow's comments are likely to spur a new round of criticism from the right.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 am

Russia Rattles Sabers in Obama's Direction

Financial Times

February 08, 2009

Russia may face a grim economic downturn but one would scarcely think so to judge by the sound of sabre-rattling emerging from the Kremlin. Unless, of course, it is intended as a domestic distraction from the gathering gloom.

The double-act of Dmitry Medvedev and Vladimir Putin has come up with a series of security initiatives that seem designed to provoke, or at least irritate, the new administration in Washington. Without even waiting to hear how President Barack Obama intends to conduct his relations with Moscow – something that Joe Biden, his vice-president, may well address on Saturday at the annual Munich Security Conference – the Russian leaders have thrown down the gauntlet.

--snip--

“In Russia there has never been any euphoria about Obama as there has been in the rest of Europe,” she says. “Russia is still very mistrustful of the US, and Putin profoundly so.

“But there is an overwhelming view in Moscow now that the Americans are in decline and will be forced to negotiate with Russia from a position of weakness. They seem to expect all the concessions to come from Obama. It is very unrealistic.”

The response from Washington has been muted. Russia is simply not a high priority for the new president.



http://tinyurl.com/c9g5qg
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Ah...TNC will like this one. Seems Mich. Senator Debbie Stabenow want to take a fresh look at the Fairness Doctrine. Up to the old tricks already eh?


Absolutely.
Hannity, Limbaugh, and their ilk have abused the public trust.
In Goldberg's latest book, he whines how the Fairness Doctrine would censor "serious political talk."
If only that were the case.
Right wing radio ceased being about airing genuine political differences a long time ago.
It's all lies, all the time.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12515
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:14 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Ah...TNC will like this one. Seems Mich. Senator Debbie Stabenow want to take a fresh look at the Fairness Doctrine. Up to the old tricks already eh?


Absolutely.
Hannity, Limbaugh, and their ilk have abused the public trust.
In Goldberg's latest book, he whines how the Fairness Doctrine would censor "serious political talk."
If only that were the case.
Right wing radio ceased being about airing genuine political differences a long time ago.
It's all lies, all the time.



Oh really. I knew you'd bite TNC, now time for your bitch slap.

Folks, ever wonder why Senator Stabenow would be promoting a new Fairness Doctrine? Let me help.

Tom Athans


Democracy Radio

The company was founded in 2002 by Tom Athans and Paul Fiddick. The plan was to help develop and nurture programming and enlist radio networks and stations to air left-leaning radio hosts. At one point, Democracy Radio produced talk shows for Ed Schultz and Stephanie Miller, among others. On June 8, 2005, Democracy Radio sold its stake in The Ed Schultz Show to a new company headed by veteran radio executive Randy Michaels, the former CEO of Clear Channel Radio. On November 4, 2005, Athans stepped down as CEO of Democracy Radio, ending the organization.

Air America

After stepping down from Democracy Radio, Tom Athans became the Executive Vice-President of Air America, a much larger but similar organization. Athans is in charge of developing new programming to expand Air Americas lineup.

TalkUSA

After Air America underwent bankruptcy procedures in 2006, Athans co-founded TalkUSA Radio, a liberal radio network.


Personal

Athans was born in Detroit and graduated from Wayne State University. He currently resides in Lansing with his wife, Senator Debbie Stabenow, and his daughter, Gina, Athans' child from a former marriage. He has two grown step-children.




Hey TNC, when you institute this Fairness Doctrine I want to hear Limbaugh on NPR. Deal? :lol:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby RobbieG » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:07 am

Fact Finder wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Ah...TNC will like this one. Seems Mich. Senator Debbie Stabenow want to take a fresh look at the Fairness Doctrine. Up to the old tricks already eh?


Absolutely.
Hannity, Limbaugh, and their ilk have abused the public trust.
In Goldberg's latest book, he whines how the Fairness Doctrine would censor "serious political talk."
If only that were the case.
Right wing radio ceased being about airing genuine political differences a long time ago.
It's all lies, all the time.



Oh really. I knew you'd bite TNC, now time for your bitch slap.

Folks, ever wonder why Senator Stabenow would be promoting a new Fairness Doctrine? Let me help.

Tom Athans


Democracy Radio

The company was founded in 2002 by Tom Athans and Paul Fiddick. The plan was to help develop and nurture programming and enlist radio networks and stations to air left-leaning radio hosts. At one point, Democracy Radio produced talk shows for Ed Schultz and Stephanie Miller, among others. On June 8, 2005, Democracy Radio sold its stake in The Ed Schultz Show to a new company headed by veteran radio executive Randy Michaels, the former CEO of Clear Channel Radio. On November 4, 2005, Athans stepped down as CEO of Democracy Radio, ending the organization.

Air America

After stepping down from Democracy Radio, Tom Athans became the Executive Vice-President of Air America, a much larger but similar organization. Athans is in charge of developing new programming to expand Air Americas lineup.

TalkUSA

After Air America underwent bankruptcy procedures in 2006, Athans co-founded TalkUSA Radio, a liberal radio network.


Personal

Athans was born in Detroit and graduated from Wayne State University. He currently resides in Lansing with his wife, Senator Debbie Stabenow, and his daughter, Gina, Athans' child from a former marriage. He has two grown step-children.




Hey TNC, when you institute this Fairness Doctrine I want to hear Limbaugh on NPR. Deal? :lol:


She is the worst Senator Michigan as ever had. Even worse than Carl Levin. BTW her husband got caught with a hooker last year. lol Look it up.
White Sox 2012 Go Southside - Bridgeport

Wish the best with the Marlins... Go Ozzie!!!!!!!
User avatar
RobbieG
LP
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:04 am

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:10 am

Fact Finder wrote:Oh really. I knew you'd bite TNC, now time for your bitch slap.

Folks, ever wonder why Senator Stabenow would be promoting a new Fairness Doctrine? Let me help.

Tom Athans


Already read this on Beck's site.
Considering the re-implementation of the Doctrine could mean little more than a right-of-reply decided at the discretion of the station GM, this is a shadow not worth leaping at.

Fact Finder wrote:Hey TNC, when you institute this Fairness Doctrine I want to hear Limbaugh on NPR. Deal? :lol:


I dont agree with taxpayer money spent on pushing any political agenda.
That said, the reporting of NPR (or National Pentagon Radio as it's known in some leftist circles) is mostly straight and narrow.
Just the other day the token liberal, EJ Dionne, was countered by conservative David Brooks.
The Garrison Keillor stuff always manages to throw in a few anti-Bush barbs, but that's a variety act not news programming.
Harry Shearer's show, however, is left-of-center and has no business being on a taxpayer funded network.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12515
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:25 am

Rasmussen: 62 percent of voters want more tax cuts, less spending in stimulus...


National Survey of 1,000 Likely Voters

Conducted February 6-7, 2009

By Rasmussen Reports



1* Generally speaking, do increases in government spending help the economy, hurt the economy, or have no impact on the economy?


35% Help
48% Hurt

7% No impact

10% Not sure


2* Generally speaking, do decreases in government spending help the economy, hurt the economy, or have no impact on the economy?


45% Help
29% Hurt

16% No impact

10% Not sure


3* As Congress debates the economic stimulus plan initially proposed by President Obama, would you like to see the plan include more tax cuts and less government spending, more government spending and less tax cuts, or would you rather see the plan pass pretty much as it is today?


62% More tax cuts and less government spending
14% More government spending and less tax cuts

20% Pass pretty much as it is today

5% Not sure


NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence

Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:18 am

Anybody feel like getting pissed off?

If you do, click on the link, scroll down to the chart, and click on each item.

http://www.fiscalaccountability.org/ind ... content=tb


Here is the entry for booze. I include the booze entry as a way to ask Deano if he still feels we need to pay more in taxes.

Tax Bites - Distilled Spirits


79.60%




Another target of the “sin tax”- loving legislators is distilled spirits. Taxes on distilled spirits are among the highest taxes imposed on any product. Nearly 80 percent of what you pay for a bottle goes to the government in taxes rather than for the liquor. At an average price of $13.10 for a 750mL bottle of 80 proof spirits, this amounts to the government stirring in $10.43 to your total at the register.

The federal excise tax pours $2.14 into the average cost of a 750 ml bottle, or about 16 percent of the $13.10. Then the median state excise taxes add another $3.75 to the same bottle. And because distilled spirits producers must pay federal and state income taxes, federal payroll taxes, property taxes and other taxes, these costs are passed on to consumers. These taxes tack on another $4.53 to the total price of a bottle of distilled spirits.







Image
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby brywool » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:34 am

at this point, it looks like we're going to be F'd. None of this stuff in the stimulus thing makes any sense to me at all.

2012 here we come...
User avatar
brywool
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7562
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:54 am

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:53 am

brywool wrote:at this point, it looks like we're going to be F'd. None of this stuff in the stimulus thing makes any sense to me at all.

2012 here we come...



We've been getting fucked for awhile and very few knew about it. $10 in tax on a $13 dollar bottle of booze?? WTF

$3.20 in tax on a $3.93 pack of cigs?? Where was the outrage except from some like me? Deano just called me selfish. It's FedGov that is selfish and stealing straight from our pockets and giving it to those who can't/won't provide for themselves.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12279
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby jrnychick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:26 am

This over-the-top love for Obama has got to end. We watched the inauguration at work, and right after he was sworn in, one of my coworkers said, "Now please help us!" Seriously. He's one man. He can't instantly fix the economy, the fighting between the Palistinians and Israel, or the war in Iraq. He's a politician with an agenda like all the rest of them. Funny thing is that exactly 1 week after the inauguration, we got notice that our parent company has decided to shut down our division and we're all out of a job as of April 1st. So much for Obama swooping in to save the day like some kind of superhero. It didn't take one man (or woman) to cause the problems we're having, and it's certainly going to take more than one to fix them.

Does anybody REALLY want the government "fixing" every problem you have? What ever happened to people pulling themselves up off the ground and WORKING HARD to support themselves and their families? We don't really have to have the biggest house, the nicest car, etc. If I need to get a job digging ditches to put food on the table and pay my bills, I will. What ever happened to personal responsibility? Pride?

I live in Illinois, where we get taxed to the hilt. We pay sales taxes, income taxes, and property taxes. I live just outside of Cook County (in Lake County), so I occasionally forget that any purchase I make will cost me an additional 10.5% in sales tax when I shop in Cook County. Todd Stroger (Cook County board president) is a crook, and he's blatantly obvious about it. Rod Blagojevich is just plain nuts. Rich Daley can have an airport torn down in the middle of a freaking night, and nobody bats an eye.
jrnychick
8 Track
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boomchild and 3 guests