President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:27 am

UncleKG wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Well, W. skipped the second because of his Dads ill health, and Carter skipped one because he had a trip in Latin America. So was it beneath GHWB to skip Obamas because he was in the hospital? Was it beneath his son to stay at his Fathers side, or was it beneath Carter because of a trip? Hmmmm, Me thinks you have selective Faux Outrage.


I'm not outraged in any way, shape or form. I don't care that GW missed Obama's inauguration, just as I don't care if Democrats don't go to Drump's. I was pointing out K.C.'s hypocrisy.

I realize the symbolism of presenting a united front, the peaceful transition of power, etc., but the next day, it's all going to devolve back into partisan bickering, so what does it REALLY matter? It's like parents acting like they like each other during the big family Christmas dinner, then going back to screaming at each other as soon as the relatives vacate the house.


Well, like a good liberal, (I know I know, your a libertarian :wink:), you go around accusing Pubbies of doing what the Dems are doing now, with no discernible proof otherwise. You said, "Do you feel the Republicans who skipped Obama's inauguration also displayed actions beneath their office?" Did you just make that up or do you have any further proof. I'm not saying that no Reps skipped O's, I'm sure some low level members did or might have, but none went all over national TV and none are present in any google search as calling O illegitimate at the time, either his first or second. So I ask, sincerely, why would you say that in the first place? Its false equivalency.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby steveo777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:06 am

They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 10940
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:31 am

steveo777 wrote:They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.


Ya know, if anybody has a good, (or semi good) reason not to show, it would be Hillary, but credit to her and Bill that they are going. It's the action of nitwits like Lewis that are causing such divide in this Country, actions such as his are inflaming the more radical on the left to protest and try to disrupt the Inauguration festivities. People could be hurt (innocent people too), and if what they are planning takes shape some will get hurt and a bunch are going to get arrested or their heads beat in. Just for one day can't we all get along?
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby verslibre » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:08 am

So...are you guys gonna vote for Marco in 2020? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:23 pm

steveo777 wrote:They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.


Keep in mind this is coming from members of the same party that decided to hold a "sit out" in Congress. These actions should come as no surprise as it is consistent with their past behavior as well as those that vote for them. Was anyone surprised that their supporters were the ones to protest turn riot after their candidate lost the election? Not me. There is only one way for people of this ilk and that is their way.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5846
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Ya know, if anybody has a good, (or semi good) reason not to show, it would be Hillary, but credit to her and Bill that they are going. It's the action of nitwits like Lewis that are causing such divide in this Country, actions such as his are inflaming the more radical on the left to protest and try to disrupt the Inauguration festivities. People could be hurt (innocent people too), and if what they are planning takes shape some will get hurt and a bunch are going to get arrested or their heads beat in. Just for one day can't we all get along?


As it stands now no, we can't all get along. Not when you have a large segment of the population that has a "mob rules" mind set. Not when you have a large segment that does not care about our country being a republic and have zero respect for the tenets of it. This is clear because they want to dismiss the use of an electoral college in our election process which eliminates the minority also having a voice in who runs our government. All they want it is control of the government in any way possible to use it's power to enforce their agendas. Their not interested in any other opinion. What they fail to realize is they are aiding in their own eventual enslavement.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5846
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 pm

verslibre wrote:So...are you guys gonna vote for Marco in 2020? :lol:


Who's Marco?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5846
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:43 pm

UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Polls were right all along during the elections right? IDIOT !


Translation: KG just showed me how foolish I look for not knowing what polls Drump was referring to, so I'll ignore that and attack the polls themselves now.

You know, you could have killed two birds with one stone on your previous reply.


In other words,"duhhhh".
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm

UncleKG wrote:
Fact Finder wrote: What Republicans skipped Obamas inaugural, other than W. Bush skipping the second one I can't find any worth any note. Assuredly none did it with such fanfare as these Dem punks are doing. Find them and get me name and links. The Capital HillBlue article that you guys are passing around as proof doesn't name one.


"You guys?" I haven't shared that article at all.

"Assuredly none did it with such fanfare?" Maybe they need better publicists. :lol: Maybe they were ashamed they chose not to attend.

Let me amend my statement in the interest of fairness. Do you feel a former president not attending Obama's inauguration also displayed actions beneath his (former) office?

All of the Democrats should attend. Based on Drump trying to give away tickets via Facebook ads, it appears there's going to be plenty of elbow room. :lol:

Here, let's get this out of the way. K.C. Journey Fan: "See! He's a lying liar! Cherry-picking! Twisting! Lying! LIAR!! Libtard! Snowflake! Trump is Cheeto Jesus!! RECOGNIZE! I demand respect! I drive a Dodge Stratus!"


You just summed yourself up well. You did forget Idiot.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Well, W. skipped the second because of his Dads ill health, and Carter skipped one because he had a trip in Latin America. So was it beneath GHWB to skip Obamas because he was in the hospital? Was it beneath his son to stay at his Fathers side, or was it beneath Carter because of a trip? Hmmmm, Me thinks you have selective Faux Outrage.


Nah, he's just a dumbass.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 pm

steveo777 wrote:They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.


Sooner or later they will need something passed. We'll see how they like getting treated the same way Obama treated Republican bills for 8 yeras.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby steveo777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
steveo777 wrote:They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.


Sooner or later they will need something passed. We'll see how they like getting treated the same way Obama treated Republican bills for 8 yeras.


Payback will be a bitch. I remember almost 400 bills that just sat on Harry Reid's desk, never allowed to be brought up for a vote. "Tis better to not fuck people, because the tide can turn and they can fuck back. The fun is about to begin.
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 10940
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Fact Finder wrote:but none went all over national TV and none are present in any google search as calling O illegitimate at the time, either his first or second. So I ask, sincerely, why would you say that in the first place? Its false equivalency.


Because an Associated Press reporter stated it. It's pretty clear why they didn't call O illegitimate at the time. There were no allegations of foreign meddling in our election. And I am a Libertarian, regardless of how much you wish to disagree. :wink:
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:55 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Sooner or later they will need something passed. We'll see how they like getting treated the same way Obama treated Republican bills for 8 yeras.


We will see how they like the obstructionism they displayed during the past eight years reflected back on them.

Here are some numbers from Obama's first term. If you have any stats that contradicts this article, please share. http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/republicans-unprecedented-obstructionism-by-numbers
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:11 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:You just summed yourself up well. You did forget Idiot.
Can't decide whether I'm going to call you "Twister," or...nope, I have a much better title for you, and it's a rock song title. Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB! :lol: :wink:
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 am

steveo777 wrote:They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.


"...and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States." I just read this in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn. To read that coming from almost anyone posting on here, given the tone and content of the comments directed at the outgoing president, is TRULY comical.
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:48 am

UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:You just summed yourself up well. You did forget Idiot.
Can't decide whether I'm going to call you "Twister," or...nope, I have a much better title for you, and it's a rock song title. Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB! :lol: :wink:


Don't spend too much time on it. Your opinion is worthless to me. Enjoy Friday. I know I will. :lol:
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:11 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Your opinion is worthless to me.
Since you're compelled to reply to virtually every comment I make, apparently not, CB.
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 am

UncleKG wrote:And I am a Libertarian, regardless of how much you wish to disagree. :wink:


Are you for legalizing prostitution? I still dream of the day I can roll up an order a drive-thru bj. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:38 am

Boomchild wrote:Who's Marco?


Image
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:47 am

UncleKG wrote: "...and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States." I just read this in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn. To read that coming from almost anyone posting on here, given the tone and content of the comments directed at the outgoing president, is TRULY comical.


There's a difference between "the office of the POTUS" and the POTUS the individual. I think people here respect the position and the part it plays in our system of government. I haven't read comments from anyone here that denies that Obama has been the legitimate POTUS and his election to that position wasn't legitimate. Criticizing Obama's behavior or his policies is about Obama himself and not the office.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5846
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:15 am

Boomchild wrote: There's a difference between "the office of the POTUS" and the POTUS the individual. I think people here respect the position and the part it plays in our system of government. I haven't read comments from anyone here that denies that Obama has been the legitimate POTUS and his election to that position wasn't legitimate. Criticizing Obama's behavior or his policies is about Obama himself and not the office.


Lewis is boycotting because he doesn't (apparently) feel Drump is the "legitimate" president. Other Dems are boycotting in solidarity because of how Drump went after a Civil Rights icon for a perceived slight. Criticizing (or boycotting the inauguration) due to Drump's behavior is about Drump himself and not the office.

Personally, I think they should all attend.
User avatar
UncleKG
LP
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:57 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:19 am

UncleKG wrote:
Boomchild wrote: There's a difference between "the office of the POTUS" and the POTUS the individual. I think people here respect the position and the part it plays in our system of government. I haven't read comments from anyone here that denies that Obama has been the legitimate POTUS and his election to that position wasn't legitimate. Criticizing Obama's behavior or his policies is about Obama himself and not the office.


Lewis is boycotting because he doesn't (apparently) feel Drump is the "legitimate" president. Other Dems are boycotting in solidarity because of how Drump went after a Civil Rights icon for a perceived slight. Criticizing (or boycotting the inauguration) due to Drump's behavior is about Drump himself and not the office.

Personally, I think they should all attend.


The civil rights icon went after Trump. Trump responded. Now Democrats play the victom card, race card, ect. Nothing ever changes with them. :roll:
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:20 am

"We won the election and elections have consequences" Thank God they are over in TWO DAYS !
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:52 am

I didn't like any of the candidates, but Trump had better develop a thicker skin because the parodies, memes and jokes are going to roll down a conveyor. He'd better get a backbone...and he should definitely stop tweeting every time someone mentions him.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:54 am

verslibre wrote:I didn't like any of the candidates, but Trump had better develop a thicker skin because the parodies, memes and jokes are going to roll down a conveyor. He'd better get a backbone...and he should definitely stop tweeting every time someone mentions him.


I would say the same for Democrats. Trump isn't Bush. He isn't going to take it. But I agree with you. Trump has better things to do then deal with childish, petty assholes.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
verslibre wrote:I didn't like any of the candidates, but Trump had better develop a thicker skin because the parodies, memes and jokes are going to roll down a conveyor. He'd better get a backbone...and he should definitely stop tweeting every time someone mentions him.


I would say the same for Democrats. Trump isn't Bush. He isn't going to take it. But I agree with you. Trump has better things to do then deal with childish, petty assholes.


Stop embarrassing yourself. The way you guys are talking, Trump is the Second Coming. EVERY Prez has been spoofed on SNL. NOT every Prez got his panties wadded over it. If Trump sleeps soundly at night having made fun of a disabled guy, then he'd better gird his loins, because the hair memes are loaded and the bay doors are opening.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Memorex » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 am

HW and Barbara Bush admitted to hospital, HW in intensive care. Prayers to the family.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:56 am

Even Jimmy Carter would look like a second coming after Obama. I guess you don't remember those pathetic pictures of Obama looking like Jesus in the Media in 2008. How childish. Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away. If that's the way liberals want it, fuck em. I wish Trump would learn that lesson. I'm sure he has.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 am

Now John Kerry says he won't attend the inauguration, GOOD!
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests