President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:46 am

NealIsGod wrote:Each filter is equivalent to 2 packs of cigs. The filters cost $10 per box and there are 5 filters in a box. That's like paying $1 for a pack of cigs. The long white part is the battery that you charge up. It's pretty cool. And when she smokes it she exhales what looks like smoke for a second but it dissipates in about 2 seconds. And she smokes the vanilla ones so it smells good. No cancer, no stink, no yellow teeth. Fucking amazing invention.

Do they have pizza flavored ones? :o :lol:
bluejeangirl76
MP3

Postby StevePerryHair » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:46 am

NealIsGod wrote:
StevePerryHair wrote:I was with him when he got one yesterday, and it seemed really cool but then my mom and I wondered if it would really work or if it was a mistake. It's hard to trust a salesman :lol: It's good to hear someone say they use it, because I was leary. Hopefully he will quit after using it, but if not, the cutting down thing is a plus!

Yeah, I was skeptical too. But it was only $150 and if it didn't work it was going up on eBay. :lol:

:lol: He paid $100 for his starter kit, and the guy threw in an extra box of cartridges. I guess it was a fair deal then. I know there were different designs and choices, so he must have picked a cheaper one.
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:54 am

StevePerryHair wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:
StevePerryHair wrote:I was with him when he got one yesterday, and it seemed really cool but then my mom and I wondered if it would really work or if it was a mistake. It's hard to trust a salesman :lol: It's good to hear someone say they use it, because I was leary. Hopefully he will quit after using it, but if not, the cutting down thing is a plus!

Yeah, I was skeptical too. But it was only $150 and if it didn't work it was going up on eBay. :lol:

:lol: He paid $100 for his starter kit, and the guy threw in an extra box of cartridges. I guess it was a fair deal then. I know there were different designs and choices, so he must have picked a cheaper one.

Yeah, he got a better deal than we did. We got some free cartridges too. Is he trying to quit or just cut down?
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby StevePerryHair » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:56 am

NealIsGod wrote:
StevePerryHair wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:

Yeah, he got a better deal than we did. We got some free cartridges too. Is he trying to quit or just cut down?

Hopefully quit, but he's tried before, so we'll see. Even cutting down seems good though!
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Lula » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:49 pm

what $750,000,000?
Lula
Stereo LP

Postby RossValoryRocks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:58 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Cigarettes will be going up .62 cents a pack, soon.

States need that tax revenue.
While we're at it, how about taxing and regulating pot and whores, too.
I think right-of-center libertarians like Stu would be on board with that, as well.

I think pot should be legal...it is NO WORSE than booze...Hookers...well it seems to work well in Montreal...

Look..if you legalize prostitution, and regulate it...including things like health checkups and the like...then well...you cut the incidence of STD's...you drive pimps out of the business and everyone is happy.

So yup...you are right...

As for the cigarette tax...well...I know it is stupid to smoke (and I do) and I know my health care cost are higher...so taxing it to help out kids with no insurance? Go for it!
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:01 pm

RossValoryRocks wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I think right-of-center libertarians like Stu would be on board with that, as well.

I think pot should be legal...it is NO WORSE than booze...Hookers...well it seems to work well in Montreal...

Look..if you legalize prostitution, and regulate it...including things like health checkups and the like...then well...you cut the incidence of STD's...you drive pimps out of the business and everyone is happy.

As for the cigarette tax...well...I know it is stupid to smoke (and I do) and I know my health care cost are higher...so taxing it to help out kids with no insurance? Go for it!

I really don't think legalizing prostitution would do anything to make the problem any better.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby RossValoryRocks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:04 pm

conversationpc wrote:
RossValoryRocks wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I really don't think legalizing prostitution would do anything to make the problem any better.

It would...places with legal prostitution have far fewer incidences of violence toward prostitutes...less drug use etc etc...

It happens...might as well tax it...and bring it out of the dark, tax it. We all know it happens, might as well use it for some good for society.
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:Alright, I need you Dems to 'splain this to me.

Congress passes the SCHIP Bill today, it's sent right over to the White House for signing by the President today. Right? Right?

Explain this to me:

Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/ethics/

Thanks in advance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bush vetoed SCHIP before.
Therefore, technically, it's not a "new" bill - unless it has been significantly loaded up with pork since then (which is likely).

This website has the low down on SCHIP, as well as the fair pay act for women, which was also jammed thru without vetting.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... signing-b/
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:57 am

Fact Finder wrote:I am sooo loving this shit....

You are pathetic.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:11 am

"His economic stimulus package apparently does not extend to the TV networks," one network exec noted.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby S2M » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:12 am

Residents of my state, Rhode Island, think a stimulus package is having a cousin working for the state...... :lol:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 am

So Rush has you in photoshop, doing this?

Man, the GOP is such an embarrassment.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby RossValoryRocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:24 am

Rockindeano wrote:So Rush has you in photoshop, doing this?

Man, the GOP is such an embarrassment.

But it was ok when it was being done to the otherside by your guys, right??? A bit of hippocracy there don't you think???

Oh wait...gonna send me another Fuck You?

Respond like a man, and NO just because the otherside does it too doesn't make it right.

You can't respond because you are wrong. Unless the response is nothing but a tirade against me or others who don't agree with you.
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:30 am

No hypocrisy at all. Your party is a fucking embarrassment. You earned the right to be made fun of. You ruined America.

As much as I want to kick Obama's ass right now, I want your part to never ever exist.

Good riddance GOP.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:35 am

FWIW- I love you like a brother Stuart you ass licking hound.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby RobbieG » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:36 am

Rockindeano wrote:No hypocrisy at all. Your party is a fucking embarrassment. You earned the right to be made fun of. You ruined America.

As much as I want to kick Obama's ass right now, I want your part to never ever exist.

Good riddance GOP.

Ruined America!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Both parties have us in this mess and you know it. You are as bad as the right wing nuts. Why kick Obama's ass when it's his party that is fucking up and again you know it. Come on my man.
White Sox 2012 Go Southside - Bridgeport

Wish the best with the Marlins... Go Ozzie!!!!!!!
RobbieG
LP

Postby RossValoryRocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:51 am

Rockindeano wrote:No hypocrisy at all. Your party is a fucking embarrassment. You earned the right to be made fun of. You ruined America.

Good riddance GOP.

Well...if I was a member of GOP then I guess I would be offended...but I am not...so kiss my ass bro! ;)
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby RossValoryRocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:53 am

Rockindeano wrote:FWIW- I love you like a brother Stuart you ass licking hound.

Yup, same here bro...cock gobbler!

Anyway...when will you get it through your head that it is ALL politicians...even the vaunted BHO...are self-absorbed slime...all of them...there are NO STATESMEN or STATESWOMEN left...
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:01 pm

I think Obama has received about a "C" grade, at best. The GOP is even worse.

I think Hillary is a Stateswoman, though.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby RossValoryRocks » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Rockindeano wrote:I think Obama has received about a "C" grade, at best. The GOP is even worse.

Suprisingly Hillary is standing above it all right now.
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby G.I.Jim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Rockindeano wrote:I think Obama has received about a "C" grade, at best. The GOP is even worse.

You mean Statesman? That woman makes the marlboro man look like Jennifer Aniston! She's packing more salami than than Jerry could EVER hope to buy from Subway! :lol: With a face like that...well, you get the picture. :lol: :lol: :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:06 am

G.I.Jim wrote:

You mean Statesman? That woman makes the marlboro man look like Jennifer Aniston! She's packing more salami than than Jerry could EVER hope to buy from Subway! :lol: With a face like that...well, you get the picture. :lol: :lol: :wink:

She is by far the smartest person in Government. She should be president. She deserves much respect. For the shit Bill pulled on her, and the way Blacks basically told her to fuck off. I love Hillary Clinton.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Ah...TNC will like this one. Seems Mich. Senator Debbie Stabenow want to take a fresh look at the Fairness Doctrine. Up to the old tricks already eh?

Absolutely.
Hannity, Limbaugh, and their ilk have abused the public trust.
In Goldberg's latest book, he whines how the Fairness Doctrine would censor "serious political talk."
If only that were the case.
Right wing radio ceased being about airing genuine political differences a long time ago.
It's all lies, all the time.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby RobbieG » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:07 am

Fact Finder wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Ah...TNC will like this one. Seems Mich. Senator Debbie Stabenow want to take a fresh look at the Fairness Doctrine. Up to the old tricks already eh?

Absolutely.
Hannity, Limbaugh, and their ilk have abused the public trust.
In Goldberg's latest book, he whines how the Fairness Doctrine would censor "serious political talk."
If only that were the case.
Right wing radio ceased being about airing genuine political differences a long time ago.
It's all lies, all the time.

Oh really. I knew you'd bite TNC, now time for your bitch slap.

Folks, ever wonder why Senator Stabenow would be promoting a new Fairness Doctrine? Let me help.

Tom Athans

Democracy Radio

The company was founded in 2002 by Tom Athans and Paul Fiddick. The plan was to help develop and nurture programming and enlist radio networks and stations to air left-leaning radio hosts. At one point, Democracy Radio produced talk shows for Ed Schultz and Stephanie Miller, among others. On June 8, 2005, Democracy Radio sold its stake in The Ed Schultz Show to a new company headed by veteran radio executive Randy Michaels, the former CEO of Clear Channel Radio. On November 4, 2005, Athans stepped down as CEO of Democracy Radio, ending the organization.

Air America

After stepping down from Democracy Radio, Tom Athans became the Executive Vice-President of Air America, a much larger but similar organization. Athans is in charge of developing new programming to expand Air Americas lineup.

TalkUSA

After Air America underwent bankruptcy procedures in 2006, Athans co-founded TalkUSA Radio, a liberal radio network.

Personal

Athans was born in Detroit and graduated from Wayne State University. He currently resides in Lansing with his wife, Senator Debbie Stabenow, and his daughter, Gina, Athans' child from a former marriage. He has two grown step-children.

Hey TNC, when you institute this Fairness Doctrine I want to hear Limbaugh on NPR. Deal? :lol:

She is the worst Senator Michigan as ever had. Even worse than Carl Levin. BTW her husband got caught with a hooker last year. lol Look it up.
White Sox 2012 Go Southside - Bridgeport

Wish the best with the Marlins... Go Ozzie!!!!!!!
RobbieG
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:10 am

Fact Finder wrote:Oh really. I knew you'd bite TNC, now time for your bitch slap.

Folks, ever wonder why Senator Stabenow would be promoting a new Fairness Doctrine? Let me help.

Tom Athans

Already read this on Beck's site.
Considering the re-implementation of the Doctrine could mean little more than a right-of-reply decided at the discretion of the station GM, this is a shadow not worth leaping at.

Fact Finder wrote:Hey TNC, when you institute this Fairness Doctrine I want to hear Limbaugh on NPR. Deal? :lol:

I dont agree with taxpayer money spent on pushing any political agenda.
That said, the reporting of NPR (or National Pentagon Radio as it's known in some leftist circles) is mostly straight and narrow.
Just the other day the token liberal, EJ Dionne, was countered by conservative David Brooks.
The Garrison Keillor stuff always manages to throw in a few anti-Bush barbs, but that's a variety act not news programming.
Harry Shearer's show, however, is left-of-center and has no business being on a taxpayer funded network.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby brywool » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:34 am

at this point, it looks like we're going to be F'd. None of this stuff in the stimulus thing makes any sense to me at all.

2012 here we come...
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby jrnychick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:26 am

This over-the-top love for Obama has got to end. We watched the inauguration at work, and right after he was sworn in, one of my coworkers said, "Now please help us!" Seriously. He's one man. He can't instantly fix the economy, the fighting between the Palistinians and Israel, or the war in Iraq. He's a politician with an agenda like all the rest of them. Funny thing is that exactly 1 week after the inauguration, we got notice that our parent company has decided to shut down our division and we're all out of a job as of April 1st. So much for Obama swooping in to save the day like some kind of superhero. It didn't take one man (or woman) to cause the problems we're having, and it's certainly going to take more than one to fix them.

Does anybody REALLY want the government "fixing" every problem you have? What ever happened to people pulling themselves up off the ground and WORKING HARD to support themselves and their families? We don't really have to have the biggest house, the nicest car, etc. If I need to get a job digging ditches to put food on the table and pay my bills, I will. What ever happened to personal responsibility? Pride?

I live in Illinois, where we get taxed to the hilt. We pay sales taxes, income taxes, and property taxes. I live just outside of Cook County (in Lake County), so I occasionally forget that any purchase I make will cost me an additional 10.5% in sales tax when I shop in Cook County. Todd Stroger (Cook County board president) is a crook, and he's blatantly obvious about it. Rod Blagojevich is just plain nuts. Rich Daley can have an airport torn down in the middle of a freaking night, and nobody bats an eye.
jrnychick
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:42 am

jrnychick wrote:Does anybody REALLY want the government "fixing" every problem you have?

And just who's suggesting that?
Seems to me Obama is carrying out the modest aims of another IL Senator who said:
"The legitimate object of government is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do at all, or can not so well do, for themselves..."
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby AlteredDNA » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:42 am

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/200 ... _to_w.html

Census Director to Work Directly with White House
By Philip Rucker

President Obama has decided to have the director of the U.S. Census Bureau work directly with the White House, the administration said today, a move that comes as the Census Bureau prepares to conduct the 2010 census that will determine redistricting of congressional seats.

Under the Bush administration, the Census Bureau director reported to the commerce secretary. Obama is adding oversight of the director by senior White House aides, but keeping the bureau itself under the umbrella of the Department of Commerce, White House spokesman Ben LaBolt said.

After Obama nominated a Republican, New Hampshire Sen. Judd Gregg, to head Commerce, Latino advocates voiced concern about him overseeing the politically delicate task of determining the nation's population. But LaBolt suggested Obama's changes to the organizational structure have been long in the making.

"From the first days of the transition the Census has been a priority for the president, and a process he wanted to reevaluate," LaBolt said in a statement this afternoon. "There is historic precedent for the director of the Census, who works for the commerce secretary and the president, to work closely with White House senior management, given the number of decisions that will have to be put before the president. We plan to return to that model in this administration."

The decennial Census is used to redraw district lines for elected seats in Congress and state legislatures, and is always a major issue for minority advocates. The National Association of Latino Elected Officials released a statement on Tuesday, shortly after Obama announced Gregg's nomination, questioning Gregg's willingness to produce the most accurate count of the nation's population.

"As a current member and former chairman of the subcommittee that funds the U.S. Census Bureau, Secretary-designate Gregg fought President Clinton's efforts to increase funding for the Commerce Department to administer the 2000 Census," the statement read. "During his tenure in the U.S. Senate, some policymakers questioned his commitment to supporting the basic functions of the Bureau."

On Capitol Hill, some Republicans took aim at Obama's plan to shift oversight of the Census Bureau.

"Requiring the Census director to report directly to White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is a shamefully transparent attempt by your administration to politicize the Census Bureau and manipulate the 2010 Census," Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.), both of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, wrote in a letter today to Obama. "The constitutionally-mandated decennial Census needs to be fair, accurate and trusted. By circumventing the secretary of commerce's oversight of the Census Bureau and handing it directly to a political operative such as Mr. Emanuel, you are severely jeopardizing the fairness and accuracy of the 2010 Census."
I Love Pineapple!!!
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara