Page 6 of 669

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:01 am
by Barb
Look what else got thrown into the "stimulous" bill. I really hope people are paying attention to what this government is planning on doing to each and every one of us.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... zfDxfbwhzs

One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions


The stimulus bill does that, and calls it the Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research (190-192). The goal, Daschle’s book explained, is to slow the development and use of new medications and technologies because they are driving up costs. He praises Europeans for being more willing to accept “hopeless diagnoses” and “forgo experimental treatments,” and he chastises Americans for expecting too much from the health-care system.


Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:08 am
by artist4perry
Fact Finder wrote:Obama just told the old folks in Ft. Meyers, Florida that he is "using this crisis for long term social program fixes"..... :shock:

I wanna slap a few O voters. :evil:


Prepare to pay, smells of socialism in early stages. We need to pay strict attention to Washington "taking care of us". They screw us and tell us it is for our own good. What have they ever taken care of that turned out right? Less government, not more. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:47 am
by Barb
Fact Finder wrote:Fucking woman in Florida just told Obama (while crying), "we need a new bathroom, kitchen and car. What can you do to help."

Obama says, and Im not kidding, "talk to my staff."

You cannot make this shit up. :shock:

Time for a new sig line.


Or the McDonald's guy who has been there for 4 1/2 years and goes to college. He wants the President to make McDonald's provide him more benefits because he's been there for so long. WTF is wrong with these people? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 am
by treetopovskaya
maybe i should write a letter to obama & his staff... i need a few things.

*rolls eyes*

(fact finder... i LOVE your new sig... funny AND true!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:39 am
by AlteredDNA
treetopovskaya wrote:maybe i should write a letter to obama & his staff... i need a few things.

*rolls eyes*


Better hurry...I think there's going to be a LONG line... Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:39 am
by Ftloperry
This is just F**kin' sick...... excuse while I seek a bathroom..... :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:39 am
by artist4perry
treetopovskaya wrote:maybe i should write a letter to obama & his staff... i need a few things.

*rolls eyes*

Can he fix my roof? I need new facial boards. And the sink downstairs needs replacing, the backporch leaks, squirrels get in the attic, so I need an exterminator too. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.................while we are at it my panneling is from the 70's and could be replaced. The hallway to the stairs needs repainting............

I fell off the bed last night and bruised my hip and twisted my back, so can I talk to his staff about that? How about my car? It has a dent where a drunk hit it in my yard one night, the paint is pealing, it has almost 200,000 miles on it, my yard has downed limbs from the ice storm.........

Can I make a list like for Santa! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 am
by AlteredDNA
Schumer: The American People Don't Care About Pork Projects In Stimulus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:44 am
by RobbieG
AlteredDNA wrote:Schumer: The American People Don't Care About Pork Projects In Stimulus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw


Thank you AlterDNA for posting this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 am
by artist4perry
AlteredDNA wrote:Schumer: The American People Don't Care About Pork Projects In Stimulus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw


I am an American person. I care about the Pork. I thought Obama went to Washinton to cut that stuff out? And Shumer? Isn't he part of the problem with pork being added to things? I think he says we don't care because he thinks we should not care. That is the problem, they haven't asked us have they? :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 am
by bluejeangirl76
AlteredDNA wrote:Schumer: The American People Don't Care About Pork Projects In Stimulus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw


Oh, we care, but they're gonna pork us anyway, per usual, so what's the difference. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:10 am
by Barb
artist4perry wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:Schumer: The American People Don't Care About Pork Projects In Stimulus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw


I am an American person. I care about the Pork. I thought Obama went to Washinton to cut that stuff out? And Shumer? Isn't he part of the problem with pork being added to things? I think he says we don't care because he thinks we should not care. That is the problem, they haven't asked us have they? :evil:


Why should we care? It's only our freaking money!!! :x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:12 am
by artist4perry
bluejeangirl76 wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:Schumer: The American People Don't Care About Pork Projects In Stimulus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw


Oh, we care, but they're gonna pork us anyway, per usual, so what's the difference. :lol:


Well at least they could buy us dinner first that's all I am sayin! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:13 am
by Lula
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:18 am
by Rhiannon
bluejeangirl76 wrote:Oh, we care, but they're gonna pork us anyway, per usual, so what's the difference. :lol:


Oh, is that what that was? I thought it was a mosquito.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:19 am
by bluejeangirl76
Rhiannon wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:Oh, we care, but they're gonna pork us anyway, per usual, so what's the difference. :lol:


Oh, is that what that was? I thought it was a mosquito.


Might have been. Another myth shattered... :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:21 am
by artist4perry
bluejeangirl76 wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:Oh, we care, but they're gonna pork us anyway, per usual, so what's the difference. :lol:


Oh, is that what that was? I thought it was a mosquito.


Might have been. Another myth shattered... :twisted: :lol:


I don't know, I have seen some pretty big tools in Washington. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:22 am
by Barb
Fact Finder wrote:Fucking woman in Florida just told Obama (while crying), "we need a new bathroom, kitchen and car. What can you do to help."

Obama says, and Im not kidding, "talk to my staff."

You cannot make this shit up. :shock:

Time for a new sig line.


Actually, I just heard it again more clearly. she and her family are living in a small vehicle and she said they need more than parks and the car, they need their own bathroom and kitchen, etc.

So not as frivilous as we originally thought and really makes McDonald's boy look like a giant ass in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:24 am
by bluejeangirl76
artist4perry wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:Oh, we care, but they're gonna pork us anyway, per usual, so what's the difference. :lol:


Oh, is that what that was? I thought it was a mosquito.


Might have been. Another myth shattered... :twisted: :lol:


I don't know, I have seen some pretty big tools in Washington. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:


WELL played. :lol: And true.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:47 am
by The_Noble_Cause
Fact Finder wrote:Well, how in the hell did they find time to go to O's town hall (when they should have been looking for work) and better yet, amazing SHE got picked for a question. Some things make you go hmmmmm. Can you say staged? I knew you could.


Considering Obama seemed at a loss for an answer, I highly doubt it.
Was the Sean Hannity fan who criticized Obama yesterday also a plant?
Unlike the invite-only crowds of Bush, Obama understand Democracy functions best in the light.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:49 am
by Barb
Fact Finder wrote:
Barb wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Fucking woman in Florida just told Obama (while crying), "we need a new bathroom, kitchen and car. What can you do to help."

Obama says, and Im not kidding, "talk to my staff."

You cannot make this shit up. :shock:

Time for a new sig line.


Actually, I just heard it again more clearly. she and her family are living in a small vehicle and she said they need more than parks and the car, they need their own bathroom and kitchen, etc.

So not as frivilous as we originally thought and really makes McDonald's boy look like a giant ass in comparison.


Well, how in the hell did they find time to go to O's town hall (when they should have been looking for work) and better yet, amazing SHE got picked for a question. Some things make you go hmmmmm. Can you say staged? I knew you could.


I'm trying not to be cynical, but I know you're probably right. Like Rush said, we'll probably see her on Oprah soon. And if she is deserving of help and gets it, good for her. McDonald's boy really pisses me off though. He has a JOB and is getting a college education. He is blessed and ought to shut the fuck up and be grateful.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:51 am
by The_Noble_Cause
artist4perry wrote:smells of socialism in early stages.


Your boy already nationalized the banks, or did you conveniently forget that?
Wait, wait, let me guess....
Bush is not your boy (despite having campaiged and voted for him twice), and you are now an "independent conservative" rather than a card-carrying Republican, right? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 am
by artist4perry
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
artist4perry wrote:smells of socialism in early stages.


Your boy already nationalized the banks, or did you conveniently forget that?


Who's my boy? :? :? :? Bush is part of the problem, but so is Congress. They are all idiots.

Besides all this mess........... Hello Noble Cause, how are you? :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:57 am
by artist4perry
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
artist4perry wrote:smells of socialism in early stages.


Your boy already nationalized the banks, or did you conveniently forget that?
Wait, wait, let me guess....
Bush is not your boy (despite having campaiged and voted for him twice), and you are now an "independent conservative" rather than a card-carrying Republican, right? :roll:


Nice that you added the dig at the end..............did not see that when I answered. Yes I voted for him, but not because he was my best choice, the alternative scared me more. I am not a card carrying anything. Both sides suck. I am not blinded by a false euphoria that any of these scmucks mean what they say. Camelot is a myth............... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:00 am
by The_Noble_Cause
conversationpc wrote:It seems to me that you're stretching Lincoln's quote way past what he ever intended it to be construed as. He went on to say...

Abraham Lincoln wrote:In all that the people can individually do as well for themselves, government ought not to interfere. The desirable things which the individuals of a people can not do, or can not well do, for themselves, fall into two classes: those which have relation to wrongs, and those which have not. Each of these branch off into an infinite variety of subdivisions. The first that in relation to wrongs embraces all crimes, misdemeanors, and nonperformance of contracts. The other embraces all which, in its nature, and without wrong, requires combined action, as public roads and highways, public schools, charities, pauperism, orphanage, estates of the deceased, and the machinery of government itself. From this it appears that if all men were just, there still would be some, though not so much, need for government.


It can be argued that government should not be interjecting itself into the economy in the way it is with this bill and with the previous Bush-led bailout bill that passed a few months ago.


Unlike the revisionist-prone GOP, who want all of the credit and none of the blame, (‘JFK was actually a Conservative!’, ‘George W. Bush was a liberal!’), I’m not here to retroactively chisel capital D’s on the granite foreheads at Mt. Rushmore.
That understood, what you added to Lincoln's quote changes nothing.
In fact, the enumerated government responsibilities you list (public roads, highways, public schools, et al.) read a whole lot like Obama's stimulus bill.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 am
by bluejeangirl76
yahoo news wrote:The Senate proposed $450 million for NASA for exploration, for example, $50 million less than the House


I'm sorry but this one gets me. We live HERE, not in space, and WE are the ones in trouble. Nasa is one of the last things I feel should be getting a $450 million dollar giftcard while the country is suffering like this. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:25 am
by AlteredDNA
bluejeangirl76 wrote:
yahoo news wrote:The Senate proposed $450 million for NASA for exploration, for example, $50 million less than the House


I'm sorry but this one gets me. We live HERE, not in space, and WE are the ones in trouble. Nasa is one of the last things I feel should be getting a $450 million dollar giftcard while the country is suffering like this. :roll:


That's the problem with this whole "stimulus" package. It's full of items that SHOULD be part of the annual budget bill, but Obama, Pelosi, et al. know by sticking them in this bill, these items can avoid the normal scrutiny (little that it is, admittedly) that occurs with the normal budgetary process.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:28 am
by artist4perry
AlteredDNA wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:
yahoo news wrote:The Senate proposed $450 million for NASA for exploration, for example, $50 million less than the House


I'm sorry but this one gets me. We live HERE, not in space, and WE are the ones in trouble. Nasa is one of the last things I feel should be getting a $450 million dollar giftcard while the country is suffering like this. :roll:


That's the problem with this whole "stimulus" package. It's full of items that SHOULD be part of the annual budget bill, but Obama, Pelosi, et al. know by sticking them in this bill, these items can avoid the normal scrutiny (little that it is, admittedly) that occurs with the normal budgetary process.


What Budget? We are Congress.......we don't need no stinkin budget! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :P

Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 am
by The_Noble_Cause
treetopovskaya wrote:maybe i should write a letter to obama & his staff... i need a few things.

*rolls eyes*

(fact finder... i LOVE your new sig... funny AND true!)


You do realize the Merrill Lynch Exec who recently resigned in disgrace after squandering 1.2 million on designer trashcans and couture toilets was one of Team McCain’s economic advisors, right?
Lump him together with Phil Graham, the man responsible for lighting the subprime fuse and McCain’s Secretary of the Treasury pick, and it’s safe to say America just barely missed a bullet.
No thanks to outhouse inbreds like you and the Wasilla soccer skank, of course.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:42 am
by RossValoryRocks
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
artist4perry wrote:smells of socialism in early stages.


Your boy already nationalized the banks, or did you conveniently forget that?
Wait, wait, let me guess....
Bush is not your boy (despite having campaiged and voted for him twice), and you are now an "independent conservative" rather than a card-carrying Republican, right? :roll:


No that's me... :lol:

Independent Conservative...I did vote for Bush twice...but never campaigned for him...I just couldn't stomach Gore or Kerry.