President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:03 am

StocktontoMalone wrote:
finalfight wrote:Might make an interesting April Fools diversion to redecorate the front page of MR with similarly ludicrous articles! You could start with one about Perry actually releasing new material! :lol:



Yeah, you can start it off by reporting that an anonymous source(sister's cousin's third grade teacher's proctologist) claims SMFP is releasing something by November...... :shock:


Yeah. That proctologist really had to dig to get the info out of Perry, too.
So it must be true.
User avatar
bluejeangirl76
MP3
 
Posts: 13336
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:36 am

Postby AlteredDNA » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:07 am

bluejeangirl76 wrote:
StocktontoMalone wrote:
finalfight wrote:Might make an interesting April Fools diversion to redecorate the front page of MR with similarly ludicrous articles! You could start with one about Perry actually releasing new material! :lol:



Yeah, you can start it off by reporting that an anonymous source(sister's cousin's third grade teacher's proctologist) claims SMFP is releasing something by November...... :shock:


Yeah. That proctologist really had to dig to get the info out of Perry, too.
So it must be true.


So would that be considered a nugget of truth? ;)
I Love Pineapple!!!
User avatar
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:08 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:10 am

AlteredDNA wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:
StocktontoMalone wrote:
finalfight wrote:Might make an interesting April Fools diversion to redecorate the front page of MR with similarly ludicrous articles! You could start with one about Perry actually releasing new material! :lol:



Yeah, you can start it off by reporting that an anonymous source(sister's cousin's third grade teacher's proctologist) claims SMFP is releasing something by November...... :shock:


Yeah. That proctologist really had to dig to get the info out of Perry, too.
So it must be true.


So would that be considered a nugget of truth? ;)


Or it could just be unbelievable shit. I guess we'll see. :o
User avatar
bluejeangirl76
MP3
 
Posts: 13336
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:36 am

Postby finalfight » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:33 am

bluejeangirl76 wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:
StocktontoMalone wrote:
finalfight wrote:Might make an interesting April Fools diversion to redecorate the front page of MR with similarly ludicrous articles! You could start with one about Perry actually releasing new material! :lol:



Yeah, you can start it off by reporting that an anonymous source(sister's cousin's third grade teacher's proctologist) claims SMFP is releasing something by November...... :shock:


Yeah. That proctologist really had to dig to get the info out of Perry, too.
So it must be true.


So would that be considered a nugget of truth? ;)


Or it could just be unbelievable shit. I guess we'll see. :o


:lol: :lol: :lol:
finalfight
 

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:37 am

Lula wrote:i don't know dave. i'm just going off of the few tidbits i heard on the radio. i suppose there is a year to figure it out though. i like the idea of closing the 'camp' and hope it does happen.


From what I've heard thus far, it's just a window dressing move. They'll probably either ship them to a prison in another country where they'll be treated worse than they are at Gitmo or they'll just shift them to another U.S. prison on foreign soil. I can't imagine Obama being dumb enough to put them in an actual U.S. prison.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

Image
User avatar
conversationpc
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 17812
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 am
Location: Slightly south of sanity...

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:51 am

conversationpc wrote:
Lula wrote:i don't know dave. i'm just going off of the few tidbits i heard on the radio. i suppose there is a year to figure it out though. i like the idea of closing the 'camp' and hope it does happen.


From what I've heard thus far, it's just a window dressing move. They'll probably either ship them to a prison in another country where they'll be treated worse than they are at Gitmo or they'll just shift them to another U.S. prison on foreign soil. I can't imagine Obama being dumb enough to put them in an actual U.S. prison.




http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2 ... prisoners/


Lawmakers urge Ritter not to accept Gitmo prisoners

By Lynn Bartels, Rocky Mountain News (Contact), Ed Sealover, Rocky Mountain News

Published January 23, 2009 at 3:41 p.m.

Republican lawmakers today signed petitions protesting a possible transfer of Guantanamo Bay prisoners to Colorado, saying the state shouldn't be a dumping ground for terrorists.

"The type of terrorists these would be, I'd be ill at ease if I lived in Florence or Canon City or Pueblo West," said Republican Sen. Ken Kester of Las Animas "I don't think we need 200 or 300 terrorists in Colorado. They will infiltrate the other convicts that are there."

President Barack Obama announced Thursday he would close the Guantanamo Bay prison, located on an American naval base in Cuba, that has held suspected terrorists since the start of the war in Iraq.

One option to house some or all of the prisoners would be Supermax, the maximum-security federal penitentiary in Fremont County in Colorado, built to house the country's worst prisoners.

Gov. Bill Ritter said he's not asking Obama to send the 243 detainees to Colorado, but he would not oppose it.

"It is a facility designed for just that kind of prisoner. We already have really extreme terrorists who are housed there," Ritter said. "And I don't think it's appropriate for somebody like me, first of all, who has supported the president's decision to close Guantanamo Bay to say: 'Not in my backyard.'"

Though Supermax's inmates have included Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh and the terrorists involved in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, many GOP legislators say prisoners now in Gitmo are an entirely different concern.

They are enemy combatants who could pose a threat to national security and are therefore better suited for a Department of Defense detention facility.

By the time legislators began leaving the Capitol for the weekend, most Republicans had signed the petition, as had three Democratic senators: Jim Isgar of Hesperus, Abel Tapia of Pueblo and Paula Sandoval of Denver.

Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 am

Here's a good one for you followers of O. Just yesterday he signed an exectuvive order banning lobbyist from working in his Administration, in fact, that was one of his campaign pledges. But today he broke his own promise. I see some of the libs on the MSNBC board are not happy with this...


http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 58932.aspx

Obama admin gives waiver for Lynn
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 5:24 PM by Mark Murray

Filed Under: White House, Obama WH Transition
From NBC's Ken Strickland

The Obama administration has given an ethics waiver for Bill Lynn, a Defense Department nominee who is a former lobbyist.

In a written statement released moments ago, Armed Service Committee Chairman Carl Levin said the administration "has removed an obstacle to the confirmation of Bill Lynn to be Deputy Secretary of Defense by waiving the provisions of President Obama's Executive Order on Ethics Commitments that would have precluded Mr. Lynn's service."

*** UPDATE *** Yesterday, Levin said he would have to delay Lynn's confirmation process because as a former defense lobbyist for Raytheon, Lynn's service would conflict with the Administration's new ethics rules. Those rules prohibit former lobbyist from working in the area they once lobbied, unless a waiver is given.

Even with the waiver, Levin said today the committee "will continue to insist that Mr. Lynn comply with a strict set of ethics rules... including the requirement to recuse himself, for a period of one year, from any decisions involving his prior employer, unless specifically authorized to participate by an appropriate ethics official."

The move immediately drew criticism from Sen. John McCain, the top Republican on the Armed Services Committee. "I am disappointed in President Obama's decision to waive the 'revolving door' provisions of the executive order for Mr. Bill Lynn," he said in a written statement. "While I applaud the President's action to implement new, more stringent ethical rules, I had hoped he would not find it necessary to waive them so soon."

McCain also said he would need to ask Lynn "to clarify for the record what matters and decisions will require his recusal" before he decided to support his confirmation.



On a Friday and at 5:30 P.M. , a typical Clintonian tactic to hide it from his base. Did he mean it or not?
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Here's a good one for you followers of O. Just yesterday he signed an exectuvive order banning lobbyist from working in his Administration, in fact, that was one of his campaign pledges. But today he broke his own promise. I see some of the libs on the MSNBC board are not happy with this...


I heard about this earlier this morning...He signs the freakin' order and not more than a day later and he's already making exceptions. :roll:
My blog = Dave's Dominion

Image
User avatar
conversationpc
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 17812
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 am
Location: Slightly south of sanity...

Postby Lula » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:24 am

complete bs! i'm sure there are others that can do the same job that don't have the lobbyist title attached. i also don't like tim geithner for the treasury. he made a mistake... okay and tell me why we should trust him to run the country's finances? again, i'm sure there are others that can do the job.
User avatar
Lula
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: santa monica

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:00 am

Lula wrote:complete bs! i'm sure there are others that can do the same job that don't have the lobbyist title attached. i also don't like tim geithner for the treasury. he made a mistake... okay and tell me why we should trust him to run the country's finances? again, i'm sure there are others that can do the job.


Because as Obama told the Pubbies yesterday in the stimulus meeting, "I won, and on that, I think I trump you."

Now O is telling us Pubbies not to listen to Rush Limbaugh. :shock:

Rush has already kicked his ass and Monday should be fun as hell. I will be listening as will millions of others, as Rush tears O a new asshole. Not smart to tick off Rush and the Catholic Church in the first 4 days of your admin O. :lol:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:06 am

According to reliable sources, on day 4 of his new Administration, Obama, apparently is worried about his re-election. :evil:

You can't make this shit up. :lol:




http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... M2MzYxMmI=

Saturday, January 24, 2009



Limbaugh Responds to Obama [Byron York]


According to an account in the New York Post, President Barack Obama yesterday told Republican leaders, "You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done." With George W. Bush now off the stage, it may be that Obama and some of his fellow Democrats view Limbaugh, and not John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, or any other elected official, as the true leader of the Republican opposition. This morning I asked Rush for his thoughts on all this, and here is his response:

There are two things going on here. One prong of the Great Unifier's plan is to isolate elected Republicans from their voters and supporters by making the argument about me and not about his plan. He is hoping that these Republicans will also publicly denounce me and thus marginalize me. And who knows? Are ideological and philosophical ties enough to keep the GOP loyal to their voters? Meanwhile, the effort to foist all blame for this mess on the private sector continues unabated when most of the blame for this current debacle can be laid at the feet of the Congress and a couple of former presidents. And there is a strategic reason for this.

Secondly, here is a combo quote from the meeting:

"If we don't get this done we (the Democrats) could lose seats and I could lose re-election. But we can't let people like Rush Limbaugh stall this. That's how things don't get done in this town."

To make the argument about me instead of his plan makes sense from his perspective. Obama's plan would buy votes for the Democrat Party, in the same way FDR's New Deal established majority power for 50 years of Democrat rule, and it would also simultaneously seriously damage any hope of future tax cuts. It would allow a majority of American voters to guarantee no taxes for themselves going forward. It would burden the private sector and put the public sector in permanent and firm control of the economy. Put simply, I believe his stimulus is aimed at re-establishing "eternal" power for the Democrat Party rather than stimulating the economy because anyone with a brain knows this is NOT how you stimulate the economy. If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of this TRILLION dollar debacle.

Obama was angry that Merrill Lynch used $1.2 million of TARP money to remodel an executive suite. Excuse me, but didn't Merrill have to hire a decorator and contractor? Didn't they have to buy the new furnishings? What's the difference in that and Merrill loaning that money to a decorator, contractor and goods supplier to remodel Warren Buffet's office? Either way, stimulus in the private sector occurs. Are we really at the point where the bad PR of Merrill getting a redecorated office in the process is reason to smear them? How much money will the Obamas spend redecorating the White House residence? Whose money will be spent? I have no problem with the Obamas redoing the place. It is tradition. 600 private jets flown by rich Democrats flew into the Inauguration. That's fine but the auto execs using theirs is a crime? In both instances, the people on those jets arrived in Washington wanting something from Washington, not just good will.

If I can be made to serve as a distraction, then there is that much less time debating the merits of the trillion dollar debacle.

One more thing, Byron. Your publication and website have documented Obama's ties to the teachings of Saul Alinksy while he was community organizing in Chicago. Here is Rule 13 of Alinksy's Rules for Radicals:

"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Rick » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:08 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Lula wrote:complete bs! i'm sure there are others that can do the same job that don't have the lobbyist title attached. i also don't like tim geithner for the treasury. he made a mistake... okay and tell me why we should trust him to run the country's finances? again, i'm sure there are others that can do the job.


Because as Obama told the Pubbies yesterday in the stimulus meeting, "I won, and on that, I think I trump you."

Now O is telling us Pubbies not to listen to Rush Limbaugh. :shock:

Rush has already kicked his ass and Monday should be fun as hell. I will be listening as will millions of others, as Rush tears O a new asshole. Not smart to tick off Rush and the Catholic Church in the first 4 days of your admin O. :lol:


Obama is too popular for a shitstain like Rush to have any effect on him. At least in the eyes of the public that matter. I'd guess that being 28% or so. Fucking right wingers. :lol: :D
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 am

Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Lula wrote:complete bs! i'm sure there are others that can do the same job that don't have the lobbyist title attached. i also don't like tim geithner for the treasury. he made a mistake... okay and tell me why we should trust him to run the country's finances? again, i'm sure there are others that can do the job.


Because as Obama told the Pubbies yesterday in the stimulus meeting, "I won, and on that, I think I trump you."

Now O is telling us Pubbies not to listen to Rush Limbaugh. :shock:

Rush has already kicked his ass and Monday should be fun as hell. I will be listening as will millions of others, as Rush tears O a new asshole. Not smart to tick off Rush and the Catholic Church in the first 4 days of your admin O. :lol:


Obama is too popular for a shitstain like Rush to have any effect on him. At least in the eyes of the public that matter. I'd guess that being 28% or so. Fucking right wingers. :lol: :D



If that were so, O wouldn't even have brought Rush up in the convo. But he did......
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Rick » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:33 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Lula wrote:complete bs! i'm sure there are others that can do the same job that don't have the lobbyist title attached. i also don't like tim geithner for the treasury. he made a mistake... okay and tell me why we should trust him to run the country's finances? again, i'm sure there are others that can do the job.


Because as Obama told the Pubbies yesterday in the stimulus meeting, "I won, and on that, I think I trump you."

Now O is telling us Pubbies not to listen to Rush Limbaugh. :shock:

Rush has already kicked his ass and Monday should be fun as hell. I will be listening as will millions of others, as Rush tears O a new asshole. Not smart to tick off Rush and the Catholic Church in the first 4 days of your admin O. :lol:


Obama is too popular for a shitstain like Rush to have any effect on him. At least in the eyes of the public that matter. I'd guess that being 28% or so. Fucking right wingers. :lol: :D



If that were so, O wouldn't even have brought Rush up in the convo. But he did......


Dude, I applaud him for striking back. Rush is going to get find himself looking for a job soon. Mark my words.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:39 am

Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract. O has 4 years left on a $1.6 million dollar contract.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Rick » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:40 am

Fact Finder wrote:Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract.


I don't follow Rush, obviously, but that's a damn big contract. I had no idea. :shock:
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 am

Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract.


I don't follow Rush, obviously, but that's a damn big contract. I had no idea. :shock:



His last contract was a 10 year $285 million one that got replaced with this one at $400.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/busin ... f=business

The A.M. radio host will be paid about $400 million to continue serving up his daily dose of conservative patter through 2016. His $50 million a year paycheck represents a raise of about $14.4 million a year over his current contract, which was paying him $285 million over eight years and was set to expire in 2009.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:49 am

Also his website subscribers and his newsletter gross him another $5 million a year I've heard.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Rick » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract.


I don't follow Rush, obviously, but that's a damn big contract. I had no idea. :shock:



His last contract was a 10 year $285 million one that got replaced with this one at $400.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/busin ... f=business

The A.M. radio host will be paid about $400 million to continue serving up his daily dose of conservative patter through 2016. His $50 million a year paycheck represents a raise of about $14.4 million a year over his current contract, which was paying him $285 million over eight years and was set to expire in 2009.


Does not make me think he's any better than I did previously. He's a fucking blowhard that knows what to say and when to say it. Good for him. He'll find himself looking for a job if he keeps needling Obama. Do not underestimate the power of the populous.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:10 am

Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract.


I don't follow Rush, obviously, but that's a damn big contract. I had no idea. :shock:



His last contract was a 10 year $285 million one that got replaced with this one at $400.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/busin ... f=business

The A.M. radio host will be paid about $400 million to continue serving up his daily dose of conservative patter through 2016. His $50 million a year paycheck represents a raise of about $14.4 million a year over his current contract, which was paying him $285 million over eight years and was set to expire in 2009.


Does not make me think he's any better than I did previously. He's a fucking blowhard that knows what to say and when to say it. Good for him. He'll find himself looking for a job if he keeps needling Obama. Do not underestimate the power of the populous.


Dude, no disrespect, but that's laughable. Unless of course you are suggesting some sort of totalitarisim and I don't think you are. Cause that would be sad. If 20 million people want to listen to Limbaugh and his advertisers continue to sell products on his show, it will go on. O can't do anything about that, and if he does or tries to, he will have hell to pay. He knows this. You should to.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Rick » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:13 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract.


I don't follow Rush, obviously, but that's a damn big contract. I had no idea. :shock:



His last contract was a 10 year $285 million one that got replaced with this one at $400.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/busin ... f=business

The A.M. radio host will be paid about $400 million to continue serving up his daily dose of conservative patter through 2016. His $50 million a year paycheck represents a raise of about $14.4 million a year over his current contract, which was paying him $285 million over eight years and was set to expire in 2009.


Does not make me think he's any better than I did previously. He's a fucking blowhard that knows what to say and when to say it. Good for him. He'll find himself looking for a job if he keeps needling Obama. Do not underestimate the power of the populous.


Dude, no disrespect, but that's laughable. Unless of course you are suggesting some sort of totalitarisim and I don't think you are. Cause that would be sad. If 20 million people want to listen to Limbaugh and his advertisers continue to sell products on his show, it will go on. O can't do anything about that, and if he does or tries to, he will have hell to pay. He knows this. You should to.


Obama won't have to do a thing. Laugh all you want.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:18 am

Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract.


I don't follow Rush, obviously, but that's a damn big contract. I had no idea. :shock:



His last contract was a 10 year $285 million one that got replaced with this one at $400.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/busin ... f=business

The A.M. radio host will be paid about $400 million to continue serving up his daily dose of conservative patter through 2016. His $50 million a year paycheck represents a raise of about $14.4 million a year over his current contract, which was paying him $285 million over eight years and was set to expire in 2009.


Does not make me think he's any better than I did previously. He's a fucking blowhard that knows what to say and when to say it. Good for him. He'll find himself looking for a job if he keeps needling Obama. Do not underestimate the power of the populous.


Dude, no disrespect, but that's laughable. Unless of course you are suggesting some sort of totalitarisim and I don't think you are. Cause that would be sad. If 20 million people want to listen to Limbaugh and his advertisers continue to sell products on his show, it will go on. O can't do anything about that, and if he does or tries to, he will have hell to pay. He knows this. You should to.


Obama won't have to do a thing. Laugh all you want.


Okie dokey.

:lol:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Jana » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:22 am

Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract.


I don't follow Rush, obviously, but that's a damn big contract. I had no idea. :shock:



His last contract was a 10 year $285 million one that got replaced with this one at $400.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/busin ... f=business

The A.M. radio host will be paid about $400 million to continue serving up his daily dose of conservative patter through 2016. His $50 million a year paycheck represents a raise of about $14.4 million a year over his current contract, which was paying him $285 million over eight years and was set to expire in 2009.


Does not make me think he's any better than I did previously. He's a fucking blowhard that knows what to say and when to say it. Good for him. He'll find himself looking for a job if he keeps needling Obama. Do not underestimate the power of the populous.


Dude, no disrespect, but that's laughable. Unless of course you are suggesting some sort of totalitarisim and I don't think you are. Cause that would be sad. If 20 million people want to listen to Limbaugh and his advertisers continue to sell products on his show, it will go on. O can't do anything about that, and if he does or tries to, he will have hell to pay. He knows this. You should to.


Obama won't have to do a thing. Laugh all you want.


No, Rick, actually Rush will get bigger even if Obama turns out to be a fantastic president b/c most of the people that listen to Rush only want failure for the Democratic party and feed off his bullshit.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 8204
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Anticipating

Postby Don » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:24 am

I don't think Rush really meant to say anything bad about Obama. We need to give people under the influence a little leeway right?

Image
Don
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 24898
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Postby Don » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:27 am

Come on Rush, do the right thing. I'ts for your own good big fella. Give the brothers at State some of that white ass.

Image
Don
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 24898
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Postby Rick » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:34 am

Jana wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
Rick wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Rush has 9 years left on a 10 year $400 million contract.


I don't follow Rush, obviously, but that's a damn big contract. I had no idea. :shock:



His last contract was a 10 year $285 million one that got replaced with this one at $400.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/busin ... f=business

The A.M. radio host will be paid about $400 million to continue serving up his daily dose of conservative patter through 2016. His $50 million a year paycheck represents a raise of about $14.4 million a year over his current contract, which was paying him $285 million over eight years and was set to expire in 2009.


Does not make me think he's any better than I did previously. He's a fucking blowhard that knows what to say and when to say it. Good for him. He'll find himself looking for a job if he keeps needling Obama. Do not underestimate the power of the populous.


Dude, no disrespect, but that's laughable. Unless of course you are suggesting some sort of totalitarisim and I don't think you are. Cause that would be sad. If 20 million people want to listen to Limbaugh and his advertisers continue to sell products on his show, it will go on. O can't do anything about that, and if he does or tries to, he will have hell to pay. He knows this. You should to.


Obama won't have to do a thing. Laugh all you want.


No, Rick, actually Rush will get bigger even if Obama turns out to be a fantastic president b/c most of the people that listen to Rush only want failure for the Democratic party and feed off his bullshit.


He's a gonner.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Postby conversationpc » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:44 am

Rick wrote:Dude, I applaud him for striking back. Rush is going to get find himself looking for a job soon. Mark my words.


The only way that's going to happen is if he dies or if our free speech rights are taken away.

Rick wrote:He's a gonner.


He will be more popular than ever. I still don't like him but he'll do just fine.
Last edited by conversationpc on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

Image
User avatar
conversationpc
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 17812
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 am
Location: Slightly south of sanity...

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 am

conversationpc wrote:
Rick wrote:Dude, I applaud him for striking back. Rush is going to get find himself looking for a job soon. Mark my words.


The only way that's going to happen is if he dies or if our free speech rights are taken away.


For some reason Rick thinks silenceing Rush and taking $400 Million out of the economy is a good thing. :cry:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby conversationpc » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:47 am

Fact Finder wrote:For some reason Rick thinks silenceing Rush and taking $400 Million out of the economy are a good thing. :cry:


TNC was the one who's previously stated here that he hopes the free speech rights of people like Beck and Limbaugh are taken away.
Last edited by conversationpc on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

Image
User avatar
conversationpc
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 17812
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 am
Location: Slightly south of sanity...

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:50 am

conversationpc wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:For some reason Rick thinks silenceing Rush and taking $400 Million out of the economy are a good thing. :cry:


TNC was the one who's previous stated here that he hopes the free speech rights of people like Beck and Limbaugh are taken away.



I never once heard Bush mention Olberman or Matthews, did you?
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12196
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests