President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:41 am

Axelrod told us yesterday that Barry keeps the Oval Office hot enough to grow orchids in there, and meanwhile people are freezing in the midwest.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:48 am

Fact Finder wrote:Ok gang...where in the hell are the President and more importantly FEMA. Millions of homes in Ark,Mo,Ky,Oh and Indiana are without power due to the MAJOR ICE STORM on Tuesday and Wednesday. Utilities are saying it may take a week or more to restore power and meanwhile people are freezing and dying of CO2 Poisoning and the President is no where to be seen. Nary a word of help seems to be coming from the Fed Gov. and Pres. Obama. One week into office and O has a national catastrophe at hand and he has vanished. He did pledge $20 Million dollars to the Palestinians today and he's working hard at this economic boondoggle yet today, millions of Americans are suffering. How in the world can you guys defend this behavior from our President towards his own Countrymen?

These were the power outages reported this morning.

• Arkansas: 350,000
• Illinois: 6,500
• Indiana: 89,000
• Kentucky: 542,000
• Missouri: 120,000
• Ohio: 128,000
• Oklahoma: 20,000
• Tennessee: 14,600
• West Virginia: 35,000

• TOTAL: 1.30 million

205,000 in Louisville without power
A massive ice storm that knocked out electricity today to more than a half million homes and businesses across Kentucky and Southern Indiana could leave Louisville residents without power for seven to 10 days, officials warned.

:evil:

Obama declared federal emergencies in Ark and Ky already on Wednesday.
In Ky, the National guard has been dispatched.
Nice try, conjob.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:55 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Ok gang...where in the hell are the President and more importantly FEMA. Millions of homes in Ark,Mo,Ky,Oh and Indiana are without power due to the MAJOR ICE STORM on Tuesday and Wednesday. Utilities are saying it may take a week or more to restore power and meanwhile people are freezing and dying of CO2 Poisoning and the President is no where to be seen. Nary a word of help seems to be coming from the Fed Gov. and Pres. Obama. One week into office and O has a national catastrophe at hand and he has vanished. He did pledge $20 Million dollars to the Palestinians today and he's working hard at this economic boondoggle yet today, millions of Americans are suffering. How in the world can you guys defend this behavior from our President towards his own Countrymen?

These were the power outages reported this morning.

• Arkansas: 350,000
• Illinois: 6,500
• Indiana: 89,000
• Kentucky: 542,000
• Missouri: 120,000
• Ohio: 128,000
• Oklahoma: 20,000
• Tennessee: 14,600
• West Virginia: 35,000

• TOTAL: 1.30 million

205,000 in Louisville without power
A massive ice storm that knocked out electricity today to more than a half million homes and businesses across Kentucky and Southern Indiana could leave Louisville residents without power for seven to 10 days, officials warned.

:evil:

Obama declared federal emergencies in Ark and Ky already on Wednesday.
Nice try, conjob.

Right, Federal Emergencies! :lol: And only Ark and Ky? What about the rest of us? Still no disaster Declaration only emergency....right...this ain't a disaster. BTW, where the hell is Barry? Why doesn't he fly here? Not just flyover but fly here and get his feet on the ground. This is dispicable behavior from the President towards Millions of Americans. And where the FUCK is MY FEMA CARD>>>I NEED BEER!!! :evil:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:59 am

And where the hell are the Military helicopters picking up people and fly them to warmth? This is a terrible job the President is doing.

After ice storm, two weeks without power?

More than a 1.3 million homes and businesses left in the cold without power Thursday could face a lengthy wait for electricity, leading to fears of new deaths.

People are dying and yet it's only an emergency, not a disaster...RIGHT!
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:08 am

Obama calls economic slump 'continuing disaster'; Can't 'drag our feet'...

Fucking people are freezing to death Mr. President, stop dragging your feet and declare a disaster. We need FEMA trailers fast and FEMA cards too.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:09 am

Plus, where the hell is CNN, MSNBC and Fox. We need Shep Smith here and we need him now! The media is abandoning us.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Lula » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:56 am

good thing the house repubs voted against allocating the needed funds to rebuild our infrastructure. no one needs electricity to run heaters or anything.
Lula
Stereo LP

Postby RobbieG » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:07 am

Lula wrote:good thing the house repubs voted against allocating the needed funds to rebuild our infrastructure. no one needs electricity to run heaters or anything.

very lame response. typical
RobbieG
LP

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:11 am

RobbieG wrote:
Lula wrote:good thing the house repubs voted against allocating the needed funds to rebuild our infrastructure. no one needs electricity to run heaters or anything.

No, actually it was quite good. The House republicans, all of them for that matter voted a big fat 0 on the 819B stimulus, and in that stimulus was a giant piece to rebuild and build anew, electrical grids in these here United States.

As for Lula's responses being typically "lame," I will say that you are clearly the dumbest sonofabitch on this board. Go read the newest Limbaugh letter and get back to me with your response. Tool
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Rick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 am

Rockindeano wrote:
RobbieG wrote:

No, actually it was quite good. The House republicans, all of them for that matter voted a big fat 0 on the 819B stimulus, and in that stimulus was a giant piece to rebuild and build anew, electrical grids in these here United States.

As for Lula's responses being typically "lame," I will say that you are clearly the dumbest sonofabitch on this board. Go read the newest Limbaugh letter and get back to me with your response. Tool

He needled you in another thread yesterday. He's just trying to piss you off. This asshole is nothing but a troll.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 am

This is the worst kind reasoning and the typical twisting of the facts that happens when someone votes against a bill. They voted against the bill as a whole, not because it allocated funds to rebuild infrastructure. Heck, I suppose if it had a provision for giving money to the elderly, you'd be saying the Republicans want old folks to die. :roll:
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:10 am

Rockindeano wrote:
RobbieG wrote:

Was Obama gonna build that electrical grid retroactivley so as to undo this weeks Storm Damage? You're saying that a bill that PASSED yesterday would have helped these people today? You have nerve calling someone dumb. :lol:

And yes the Pubbies voted in mass to deny this boondoggle of a stimulus package which is nothing more than the Dems wish list that they have been denied for the last 8 years. If it fixes the economy and the Dow hits 11,000 in a few months I'll eat your shorts.

BTW, where should my father and sister go to get help paying their newfound Best Western Hotel bill which today will hit $350 with no FEMA in sight to help get their electric back on. We're new to this grifting from the government game and could use some advice. TIA.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:13 am

Cheer up Lula, it passed, now it's your guys baby. All yours. Unless our Pubbie senators show the same spine that the house did. Hey, a guy can dream.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:14 am

Fact Finder wrote: And yes the Pubbies voted in mass to deny this boondoggle of a stimulus package which is nothing more than the Dems wish list that they have been denied for the last 8 years.

That's exactly what it is. They are all hopped up about the economy but they throw in all this other stuff that has nothing to do with an economic stimulus package.

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 am

conversationpc wrote:
Fact Finder wrote: And yes the Pubbies voted in mass to deny this boondoggle of a stimulus package which is nothing more than the Dems wish list that they have been denied for the last 8 years.

That's exactly what it is. They are all hopped up about the economy but they throw in all this other stuff that has nothing to do with an economic stimulus package.

The House Pubbies voted against this as a warning shot to Mr. Emanuel. Rham thought he could roll our guys and Queen Nancy and Prince Harry would have a new $820 billion dollar piggy bank for lib causes. Not gonna fly Rambo. Send a REAL Stimulus bill and then we'll talk.

BTW, Deano, partisianship is all 218 dems voting en mass. Bi-partisianship, which is all we hear is asked for, is 11 Dems voting with all the Pubbies NO!
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:34 am

Fact Finder wrote:The House Pubbies voted against this as a warning shot to Mr. Emanuel. Rham thought he could roll our guys and Queen Nancy and Prince Harry would have a new $820 billion dollar piggy bank for lib causes. Not gonna fly Rambo. Send a REAL Stimulus bill and then we'll talk.

BTW, Deano, partisianship is all 218 dems voting en mass. Bi-partisianship, which is all we hear is asked for, is 11 Dems voting with all the Pubbies NO!

The Repubs are not my guys.

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:36 am

conversationpc wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:The House Pubbies voted against this as a warning shot to Mr. Emanuel. Rham thought he could roll our guys and Queen Nancy and Prince Harry would have a new $820 billion dollar piggy bank for lib causes. Not gonna fly Rambo. Send a REAL Stimulus bill and then we'll talk.

The Repubs are not my guys.

Noted
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:37 am

I've gotta love this..don't you?

Bumps in the Road: Obama's HHS Secretary Nominee Faces Tax Questions Over Car and Driver

ABC News has learned that the nomination of former Senator Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D., to be President Obama's Secretary of Health and Human Services has hit a traffic snarl on its way through the Senate Finance Committee.

The controversy deals with a car and driver lent to Daschle by a wealthy Democratic friend, a chauffeur service the former senator used for years without declaring it on his taxes.

After being defeated in his 2004 re-election campaign to the Senate, Daschle in 2005 became a consultant and chairman of the Executive Advisory Board at InterMedia Advisors.

Based in New York City, InterMedia Advisors is a private equity firm founded in part by longtime Daschle friend and Democratic fundraiser Leo Hindery,

That same year he began his professional relationship with InterMedia 2005, Daschle began using the services of Hindery's car and driver.

The Cadillac and driver were never part of Daschle's official compensation package at InterMedia but Mr. Daschle -- who as Senate majority leader enjoyed the use of a car and driver at taxpayer expense -- didn't declare their services on his income taxes, as tax laws require.

During the vetting process to become HHS secretary, Daschle corrected the tax violation, voluntarily paying $101,943 in back taxes plus interest, working with his accountant to amend his tax returns for 2005 through 2007.

Daschle reimbursed the IRS $31,462 in taxes and interest for tax year 2005; $35,546 for 2006; and $34,935, for 2007.

The chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., has called his colleagues for a private meeting at 5 p.m. ET Monday to discuss these complications surrounding Daschle's nomination.

Change,change,change. Yes we can! ...cheat on our taxes.!!!!!!!
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Lula » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:15 am

conversationpc wrote:

This is the worst kind reasoning and the typical twisting of the facts that happens when someone votes against a bill. They voted against the bill as a whole, not because it allocated funds to rebuild infrastructure. Heck, I suppose if it had a provision for giving money to the elderly, you'd be saying the Republicans want old folks to die. :roll:

sarcasm dave, come on! let me add, in all seriousness, the republicans in the house made changes and then voted against it. makes no sense. and why the heck are we worse than a third world country when it comes to our electric grid? some areas could be without power til mid february :shock: !!
Lula
Stereo LP

Postby Lula » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 am

RobbieG wrote:

fuck off!!
Lula
Stereo LP

Postby AlteredDNA » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 am

Fact Finder wrote:I've gotta love this..don't you?

Bumps in the Road: Obama's HHS Secretary Nominee Faces Tax Questions Over Car and Driver

ABC News has learned that the nomination of former Senator Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D., to be President Obama's Secretary of Health and Human Services has hit a traffic snarl on its way through the Senate Finance Committee.

The controversy deals with a car and driver lent to Daschle by a wealthy Democratic friend, a chauffeur service the former senator used for years without declaring it on his taxes.

After being defeated in his 2004 re-election campaign to the Senate, Daschle in 2005 became a consultant and chairman of the Executive Advisory Board at InterMedia Advisors.

Based in New York City, InterMedia Advisors is a private equity firm founded in part by longtime Daschle friend and Democratic fundraiser Leo Hindery,

That same year he began his professional relationship with InterMedia 2005, Daschle began using the services of Hindery's car and driver.

The Cadillac and driver were never part of Daschle's official compensation package at InterMedia but Mr. Daschle -- who as Senate majority leader enjoyed the use of a car and driver at taxpayer expense -- didn't declare their services on his income taxes, as tax laws require.

During the vetting process to become HHS secretary, Daschle corrected the tax violation, voluntarily paying $101,943 in back taxes plus interest, working with his accountant to amend his tax returns for 2005 through 2007.

Daschle reimbursed the IRS $31,462 in taxes and interest for tax year 2005; $35,546 for 2006; and $34,935, for 2007.

The chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., has called his colleagues for a private meeting at 5 p.m. ET Monday to discuss these complications surrounding Daschle's nomination.

Change,change,change. Yes we can! ...cheat on our taxes.!!!!!!!

Well, if the HHS thing doesn't work out for Daschle, he's sure to be able to get a job at the Treasury... :)
I Love Pineapple!!!
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape

Postby RobbieG » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Rockindeano wrote:
RobbieG wrote:

Your the only tool on this board. Typical left wing nut. No different than those right wing nuts.
RobbieG
LP

Postby RobbieG » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Lula wrote:
RobbieG wrote:

fuck off!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbieG
LP

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Lula wrote:
conversationpc wrote:

sarcasm dave, come on! let me add, in all seriousness, the republicans in the house made changes and then voted against it. makes no sense. and why the heck are we worse than a third world country when it comes to our electric grid? some areas could be without power til mid february :shock: !!

I can see why they might've voted against it even though changes were made...You offer up changes and they may be added to the bill but you still have to consider the overall package.

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:14 pm

Ok, I missed this the first time.

and why the heck are we worse than a third world country when it comes to our electric grid?

You have no clue. Why such defeatism. We have trucks coming from all over the midwest to restore power. Hard working people who will be out in sub freezing cold all night tonight, tomorrow night and probably the next night. You can't stop the Ice from bringing down power lines. Even AlGore can't stop it.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:25 pm

Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Fact Finder wrote:BTW, Deano, partisianship is all 218 dems voting en mass. Bi-partisianship, which is all we hear is asked for, is 11 Dems voting with all the Pubbies NO!

Good enough for me. Please don't lecture me on government as I can throw you under any rug and stomp you dead.

We don't need but 2 senators to pass anything.

Yep, your party is that bad.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:52 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/01 ... ma.arrest/

George Obama, the half brother of U.S. President Barack Obama, has been arrested by Kenyan police on a charge of possession of marijuana, police said Saturday.

Inspector Augustine Mutembei, the officer in charge, said Obama was arrested on charges of possession of cannabis, known in Kenya as Bhang, and resisting arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court Monday, Mutembei said.

He is being held at Huruma police post in the capital of Nairobi.

In his memoir, "Dreams from My Father," Barack Obama describes meeting George as a "painful affair." Barack Obama's trip to Kenya meant meeting family he had never known.

McKenzie tracked down George Obama in August 2008 and found him at a small house in Huruma, a Nairobi slum, where he lives with his mother's extended family. His birth certificate shows he is Barack Obama's half brother.

The two men share the same Kenyan father. In the memoir, Barack Obama struggles to reconcile with his father after he left him and his mother when he was just a child.

Shades of Roger Clinton and Billy Carter already. Anyone remember when the Bush girls got drunk and the media had a field day? Let's see where the media take this little nugget. What am I thinking, nevermind.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am

For those who thought I was being a bit sarcastic regarding the Presidents and FEMAs response to this weeks ice storm in the midwest.

MARION, Ky. -- In some parts of rural Kentucky, they're getting water the old-fashioned way _ with pails from a creek. There's not room for one more sleeping bag on the shelter floor. The creative are flushing their toilets with melted snow.

At least 42 people have died, including 11 in Kentucky, and conditions are worsening in many places days after an ice storm knocked out power to 1.3 million customers from the Plains to the East Coast. And with no hope that the lights will come back on soon, small communities are frantically struggling to help their residents.

On Friday, one county put it bluntly: It can't.

"We're asking people to pack a suitcase and head south and find a motel if they have the means, because we can't service everybody in our shelter," said Crittenden County Judge-Executive Fred Brown, who oversees about 9,000 people, many of whom are sleeping in the town's elementary school.

Local officials were growing angry with what they said was a lack of help from the state and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. In Grayson County, about 80 miles southwest of Louisville, Emergency Management Director Randell Smith said the 25 National Guardsmen who have responded have no chain saws to clear fallen trees.

"We've got people out in some areas we haven't even visited yet," Smith said. "We don't even know that they're alive."

Smith said FEMA has been a no-show so far.

"I'm not saying we can't handle it; we'll hand it," Smith said. "But it would have made life a lot easier" if FEMA had reached the county sooner, he said.

We have people drinking from a fucking creek, melting snow to flush toilets and O is awol. The midwests version of Katrina and O has failed miserably. Damn straight I will keep shouting it from the rooftop.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:12 am

Well well well....looks like the rookie mistakes have begun. Is this a FAILED Obama policy? I thinks so.

Iran says Obama's offer to talk shows US failure

Jan 31 08:16 AM US/Eastern

US President Barack Obama's offer to talk to Iran shows that America's policy of "domination" has failed, the government spokesman said on Saturday.
"This request means Western ideology has become passive, that capitalist thought and the system of domination have failed," Gholam Hossein Elham was quoted as saying by the Mehr news agency.

"Negotiation is secondary, the main issue is that there is no way but for (the United States) to change," he added.

After nearly three decades of severed ties, Obama said shortly after taking office this month that he is willing to extend a diplomatic hand to Tehran if the Islamic republic is ready to "unclench its fist".

In response, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad launched a fresh tirade against the United States, demanding an apology for its "crimes" against Iran and saying he expected "deep and fundamental" change from Obama.

Iranian politicians frequently refer to the US administration as the "global arrogance", "domineering power" and "Great Satan".

Tensions with the United States have soared over Iran's nuclear drive and Ahmadinejad's vitriolic verbal attacks against Washington's close regional ally Israel.

Former US president George W. Bush refused to hold talks with the Islamic republic -- which he dubbed part of an "axis of evil" -- unless it suspended uranium enrichment, and never took a military option to thwart Tehran's atomic drive off the table.

The new administration of Obama has also refused to rule out any options -- including military strikes -- to stop Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

Iran denies any plans to build the bomb and insists its nuclear programme is solely aimed at peaceful ends.

Iran is just a tiny State, they can't harm us.

What an idiot this President is going to turn out to be. Carter redux.
Fact Finder
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo