I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:05 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:
LtVanish wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:
Cue Urban Meyer...or Nick Saban...

Why would either of those class acts want anything to do with Penn St.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... ban-meyer/
“Urban would love to have that job,” a source said of coaching the Nittany Lions. “Keep in mind, though, that he doesn’t want to be known as the guy who forced out Joe Paterno. It would have to be done in the right way. I think they could appeal to JoePa’s best interests and allow him to be the king-maker.”

Saban said Penn State was his dream job - while he was the coach at LSU...

Sorry for the thread hijack!!

If Penn St. gets a 5 year death penalty they won't need a coach.

Let the court of public opinion sanction them, e.g., no highly reputable coach will want to succeed JoePa there in the wake of this.

The court of public opinion can go fuck themselves. They have a bad habit of jumping to conclusions and "executing" the wrong people, like the those Duke lacrosse players in 2006.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:11 am

Red13JoePa wrote:We need to wait to wait for it all to play out. I don't think all the info regards to Joe's actions or lackthereof have been made public yet.

I'd be shocked if it FINALLY comes out that all Joe did was report it to Curley once and drop it.

Agreed. I think Curly will scapegoat anybody, including JoePa, if it means saving his own ass.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:14 am

eBake and Ben, let me ask you this: assuming the allegations are true and JoePa really just reported this thing one time and washed his hands of it, are you ok with that?
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:36 am

Fact Finder wrote:So the AD, Head Coach and the Finance and Business guy all new the charges of anal rape and all they did was contact Sandusky's charity.....give me a fucking break as Deano said.....DEATH PENALTY FOR PEDO STATE PERIOD. It went to the top...sorry about the kids there now as it shouldn't affect them, but it has to...this school needs an ass whipping.

Between this, and Penn St. letting Michael Mann off the hook for his Global Warming hockey stick fiasco they ought to shut down the whole fucking school. Useless tax dollar eaters all. :evil:

I don't see how the athletic department would be put on probation or anything like that. If an athlete goes out decapitates some other students at night you can't penalize the team for that. Even if a coach saw a bloody knife in his locker it would be a criminal manner between the witnesses, victims and perp. The NCAA isn't going to come in and put sanctions on a team because of it.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:41 am

Don wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:So the AD, Head Coach and the Finance and Business guy all new the charges of anal rape and all they did was contact Sandusky's charity.....give me a fucking break as Deano said.....DEATH PENALTY FOR PEDO STATE PERIOD. It went to the top...sorry about the kids there now as it shouldn't affect them, but it has to...this school needs an ass whipping.

Between this, and Penn St. letting Michael Mann off the hook for his Global Warming hockey stick fiasco they ought to shut down the whole fucking school. Useless tax dollar eaters all. :evil:

I don't see how the athletic department would be put on probation or anything like that. If an athlete goes out decapitates some other students at night you can't penalize the team for that. Even if a coach saw a bloody knife in his locker it would be a criminal manner between the witnesses, victims and perp. The NCAA isn't going to come in and put sanctions on a team because of it.

I agree, although who knows if there is a basis in the NCAA rules and regulations to make this incident sanctionable.

Also, the athlete analogy is pretty good, but ultimately misleading: the player represents Penn State in some capacity, but not like a coach. A coach is an agent for the school and this coach arguably may have used his authority emanating from that position to commit these bad acts. Players are only responsible for getting the school in trouble if they are breaking the NCAA rules. The coaches have broader legal standards to live up to and impose broader legal duties on the school. So I think it's a bit worse in that respect.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 am

Fuck you. Don't judge the rest of us for what 5 or 6 people did or didn't do. :evil: :evil:

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 am

Okay, that was totally gay.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:47 am

Don wrote:Okay, that was totally gay.

Whatever... :roll:
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:I am not a fucking liar, JoePa knew... according to the GA and his father, if your such a JoePa fan I suggest you read the Grand Jury report...here..I'll help you....

VICTIM 2

On March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant ("graduate assistant") who was then 28
years old, entered the locker room at the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus
on a Friday night before the beginning of Spring Break. The graduate assistant, who was
familiar with Sandusky, was going to put some newly purchased sneakers in his locker and get
some recruiting tapes to watch.

It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the
locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard
slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant
put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose
age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal
intercourse by a naked Sandusky.
The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both
Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he
had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The
graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what
he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno ("Paterno"), head football coach of Pemi State. The next
morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home,
where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a
Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called
Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his
home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry
Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a
young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting
with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business
Gary Schultz ("Schultz"). The graduate assistant reported to Curley and Schultz that he had
witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building
showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and
determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.
The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that
Sandusky's keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to
The Second Mile.

I read it in it's 23 pages Jackhole.
READ WHAT JOE testified. McQueary was NOT clear to Joe and then JOE wasn't there for McQueary's meeting with Curly and Schultz.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 am

Fact Finder wrote:
ebake02 wrote:

Fuck you. Don't judge the rest of us for what 5 or 6 people did or didn't do. :evil: :evil:

Well then, you haven't read the GJ report either...figures. That's why they call them FANatics.... :shock:

I guess the NCAA should never sanction a school based on what a few do right...we all know they do it all the time.

I will support Joe Paterno and my Alma Mater until the day I die.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:12 am

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Jana » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:16 am

LtVanish wrote:Isn't there "mandated reporter" laws for teachers? If you you suspect abuse, it is your legal obligation to report the abuse because your first and most important job is to protect children.
One would assume if you have a soul and you knew a child, if not multiple children, were being sexually abused, your first inclination should be to protect the child. Sadly, at Penn State, their first, and seemingly only, motivation was to protect their program. It is disgusting.

And what is with the GA calling his dad when he saw a child being raped? Who in their right mind wouldn't just call the police to stop the act and get the child to safety? Sick.

The whole story is horrifying and everyone involved should be, at the very least fired, and many should be imprisoned.

To stumble upon a ten-year-old boy being anally raped and not stop it right then and there and help the little boy or threaten Sandusky by standing there and calling police to stop it, job or no job, I will never get. He was just a child.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:21 am

Fact Finder wrote:
ebake02 wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
ebake02 wrote:

Well then, you haven't read the GJ report either...figures. That's why they call them FANatics.... :shock:

I guess the NCAA should never sanction a school based on what a few do right...we all know they do it all the time.

I will support Joe Paterno and my Alma Mater until the day I die.

Good for you...understand that Penn State had Sandusky banned from using the campus facilities. Which implies that they didn’t really care how many boys he molested, as long as he didn’t do it there. Have I got that right...why is ESPN reoporting him being on campus just this month?

I support my school not the actions, there is a big difference. I will admit that the administration fucked this up big time.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:30 am

Jana wrote:
LtVanish wrote:Isn't there "mandated reporter" laws for teachers? If you you suspect abuse, it is your legal obligation to report the abuse because your first and most important job is to protect children.
One would assume if you have a soul and you knew a child, if not multiple children, were being sexually abused, your first inclination should be to protect the child. Sadly, at Penn State, their first, and seemingly only, motivation was to protect their program. It is disgusting.

And what is with the GA calling his dad when he saw a child being raped? Who in their right mind wouldn't just call the police to stop the act and get the child to safety? Sick.

The whole story is horrifying and everyone involved should be, at the very least fired, and many should be imprisoned.

To stumble upon a ten-year-old boy being anally raped and not stop it right then and there and help the little boy or threaten Sandusky by standing there and calling police to stop it, job or no job, I will never get. He was just a child.
EXACTLY, how can anyone excuse this^^^(I commented on this earlier) ...and the man/janitor who was so
upset everyone thought he was going to have a heart attack, claiming that what he witnessed in the locker room was worse than anything he had seen at war ...lost limbs, hanging guts, yet his new janitorial job
was held in higher regard than that child. Yeah, that man seemed bound and determined to protect a school!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 am

Aren't you the same people that were defending Michael Jackson and were in mourning when he died?
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:43 am

Sanduskey's Autobiography:

"Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story"
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 am

Joe Paterno - "I didn't only turn a blind eye...I turned my good one too."
S2M
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:55 am

Don wrote:
I don't see how the athletic department would be put on probation or anything like that

Really? This ain't USC's "student athletes" buying homes for their mom...This is a guy from yes, a fabled football school with a legendary coach, who went a bit further than buying a house for his mom- dude raped little boys IN THE PENN STATE FOOTBALL lockerroom.

Two words- INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.

Prediction- Paterno resigns within 7 days, DURING this football season. PSU ultimately gets the DEATH PENALTY.

Goddammit Paterno apologists...How the hell can your alegiance to Joepa blind you so brightly, that you can look the other way at this atrocity? This is the EXACT reason this situation has now come to light....NOBODY talked about, referenced it, or mentioned it. The small town culture that Penn State has(opposed to say Ohio State in Columbus), was able to sweep this disturbing shit under the rug.

I am sorry to the two PSU grads here, but the truth is, PSU is guilty, and is sure as Hell gonna pay.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 am

Rockindeano wrote:
Don wrote:
I don't see how the athletic department would be put on probation or anything like that

Really? This ain't USC's "student athletes" buying homes for their mom...This is a guy from yes, a fabled football school with a legendary coach, who went a bit further than buying a house for his mom- dude raped little boys IN THE PENN STATE FOOTBALL lockerroom.

Prediction- Paterno resigns within 7 days, DURING this football season. PSU ultimately gets the DEATH PENALTY.

Goddammit Paterno apologists...How the hell can your alegiance to Joepa blind you so brightly, that you can look the other way at this atrocity? This is the EXACT reason this situation has now come to light....NOBODY talked about, referenced it, or mentioned it. The small town culture that Penn State has(opposed to say Ohio State in Columbus), was able to sweep this disturbing shit under the rug.

I am sorry to the two PSU grads here, but the truth is, PSU is guilty, and is sure as Hell gonna pay.

I already called for Paterno's immediate resignation earlier in the thread. I just don't see how putting a bowl ban on the football team is considered justice for kids that got their asshole busted open by some old perv. Having the administrators blacklisted across American Acadamia seems more a more appropriate punishment.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:20 am

How come no one, I'm talking about the media mostly, is not talking specifically about Sandusky's HOMOSEXUAL acts with children and mostly talking about getting rid of Joe Pa (which may be warranted) and the school's responsibilities. Don't get me wrong, this is fair conversation, but it's like the media flew right past Sandusky and went right at Joe Pa and Penn St. Shouldn't we be focusing more on Sandusky, at least right now. This guy is practically flying under the radar. It's basically a passing mention.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:21 am

Fact Finder wrote:Deano said

Exactly right Dean, and I was gonna mention this earlier but forgot about it. Some dude was on the radio today talking about "Institutional Control" and what it means to tne NCAA....at Penn St. there apparently was none.

Obviously not in the same area as this, but where was Institutional Control in the Cam Newton saga?

I'm on the fence with this...let's wait til all the facts are revealed before we all take the role of George C. Scott in 12 Angry Men.....
S2M
MP3

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 am

Fact Finder wrote:Deano said

Exactly right Dean, and I was gonna mention this earlier but forgot about it. Some dude was on the radio today talking about "Institutional Control" and what it means to tne NCAA....at Penn St. there apparently was none.

Let me first qualify, I am NOT defending Joe Pa and Penn St. They get what they deserve and I'm not losing sleep either way. But, the problem I have with this media witch hunt, if you will, is a lot of the people in the media have been saying for years that Joe Pa is a figurehead, isn't coaching, has lost his mind,etc. Yet, now they expect for him to be in control and that he was in control. Which is it? Either he was just there doing nothing or he is still active in control. Either way is bad and he's responsible either way. But, the talking heads in the media have been a little inconsistent on how much Joe Pa is involved with the daily activities during this.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:34 am

Tito wrote:How come no one, I'm talking about the media mostly, is not talking specifically about Sandusky's HOMOSEXUAL acts with children and mostly talking about getting rid of Joe Pa (which may be warranted) and the school's responsibilities. Don't get me wrong, this is fair conversation, but it's like the media flew right past Sandusky and went right at Joe Pa and Penn St. Shouldn't we be focusing more on Sandusky, at least right now. This guy is practically flying under the radar. It's basically a passing mention.

Because they think Joepa holds the cards, has the power, is responsible for everything
good or bad that takes place at state college ...
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 am

Fact Finder wrote:People that apparently knew Sandusky raped little boys and kept quiet.

University President Spanier
AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
Second Mile Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Various elementary and high school officials
Second Mile officials
Joe Paterno’s staff including down to the janitors

Is this list confirmed? If so, you people should forget about JoePa and be more concerned about the lack of action from: County DA, County Prosecutors, University Police, University Prez, various school administration (AD & VP already charged), Second Mile officials and attorney (it was THEIR organization), various elementary and high school officials (they're responsible for the kids too), coach McQueary, and then Joe Pa followed by staff.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 am

Tito wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:People that apparently knew Sandusky raped little boys and kept quiet.

AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Second Mile officials

Is this list confirmed? If so, you people should forget about JoePa and be more concerned about the lack of action from: County DA, County Prosecutors, University Police, University Prez, various school administration (AD & VP already charged), Second Mile officials and attorney (it was THEIR organization), various elementary and high school officials (they're responsible for the kids too), coach McQueary, and then Joe Pa followed by staff.

You are seriously using your noggin' today!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby SteveForever » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:30 am

Sandusky obviously WANTED to get caught!
why did he keep doing it in all those public places (plus at his home as well) ?
he even told that one mother "I wish I could die"

He wanted to be stopped.....but no one stopped him. He looks so lecherous in the face! :evil:
SteveForever
Stereo LP

Postby hoagiepete » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:05 am

AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Second Mile officials

Not up to speed on this. When did they learn about it and how long did they keep quiet? How long did he coach after they (especially JoPa) learned about it?
hoagiepete
Cassette Tape

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."
---Albert Einstein
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape

Postby DrFU » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:Exclusive: Victims Double In Penn State Case

Updated: Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 6:29 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 5:17 PM EST

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - Fox 29 has learned the number of child-abuse in the Penn State sex-abuse scandal involving ex-coach Jerry Sandusky has more than doubled in the past day, and is closer to 20 victims.

There were eight victims named in the grand jury presentment and 40 charges leveled against Sandusky, a long-time assistant to Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno. Paterno was not named in the grand jury finding as violating any laws.

Sources tell Fox 29 since a press conference on Monday, the number of potential victims has more than doubled in the case.

Sandusky was arrested in the case and made bail, while two Penn State administrators face charges related to how an alleged crime was reported in the case to police and investigators.

On Monday, state officials publicized two phone numbers for past victims to call, and within a day, it seems investigators have new leads.

Also on Monday, Pennsylvania state attorney general Linda Kelly said the Sandusky case was consideried an on-going investigation and more charges could be coming.

And its going to double again and again ... as MT predicted 3 pages ago.

OF COURSE it will; this behavior does not spontaneously stop, and he's been at it for AT LEAST 15 years, probably since he was a young man.

I'm revolted even by the language being used in the news articles. "Anal intercourse" and "sex" ... there is no such thing with a 10 year old CHILD. Rape is the word, and adults SAW it and did nothing to save the child. They didn't even find out his name. Oh wait, it was just an "underprivileged" kid from the wrong side of the tracks.

The minute the athletic program opened its facilities for use by this youth camp, they became responsible for the safety and welfare of those children, just as if they were Penn State students. And as an administrator, Paterno was one of the people responsible. Not just morally but legally -- criminally and civilally. You can't unknow something once you know it, and reporting to your superiors DOES NOT LET YOU OFF THE HOOK.

And after at least two incidents that were investigated, they gave the creep emeritus status, which gives retirees privileges on campus and is supposed to be reserved for those earning the high honor of the title.

This whole thing is beyond horrible.
DrFU
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 am

WOW. That Raymond Gricar link is chilling. I've followed that story for the last couple of years. A noted Cleveland cold case blogger/author has written extensively about it (I think the guy had Cleveland roots or a link here somehow).
Ehwmatt
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara