I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:50 am

Rockindeano wrote:
Red13JoePa wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote: ...from
what I read, a system failed!!

On an EPIC level.

From what I can see Joe is the only one who tried to do something about this man.

Give me a fucking break! Paterno is gone. His program, his responsibility. He was more worried about dollars and perception for PSU football, so he went "through the motions" of "reporting this atrocity." He is over.

SANDUSKY HADN'T BEEN EMPLOYED IN JOE'S PROGRAM FOR 3 YEARS WHEN THE SHOWER THING HAPPENED YOU KNOTHEAD!!!!!!!!!!
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:35 am

From what I'm hearing/reading, Paterno broke no law ...what
seems to be in question here is his character, morally and ethically.
I think the public expected Joepa to be some kind of hero in all
of this, to live up to the Joepa reputation ...to be perfect and
infallible ...many are disappointed to learn that he's just a man.
My opinion of him has not changed and will not until someone can
prove that he was less than a man!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:13 am

I was listening to radio on the way in, and supposedly Penn State is attempting to limit this 12:20 JoePa press conference to "football only." If true, this epitomizes poor judgment and horrendous crisis management skills. You cannot honestly expect JoePa to go up there and talk about Bo Pellini and Nebraska when this story is making national EARTHQUAKES.

If true, that's wrong on so many levels.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby xflajrnylvr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:26 am

ESPN is reporting the press conference is called off

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... conference
xflajrnylvr
8 Track

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:30 am

Ehwmatt wrote:I was listening to radio on the way in, and supposedly Penn State is attempting to limit this 12:20 JoePa press conference to "football only." If true, this epitomizes poor judgment and horrendous crisis management skills. You cannot honestly expect JoePa to go up there and talk about Bo Pellini and Nebraska when this story is making national EARTHQUAKES.

If true, that's wrong on so many levels.

Agreed. This is the 'guilty person not taking the witness stand - syndrome'. PSU is afraid of what he might say....they are in FULL crisis mode now.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby xflajrnylvr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:34 am

NOW : The New York Times reported that Penn State's board of trustees has had discussions about how to manage the 84-year-old Paterno's departure. The newspaper, citing "two people briefed on conversations among the university's top officials," said that Paterno's exit could come within days or weeks.

xflajrnylvr
8 Track

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:40 am

This could be the Mexican Standoff to end ALL Mexican standoffs.

They push Joe out I am done.

Unless they get Urban Meyer. :D
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:49 am

Michigan Girl wrote:From what I'm hearing/reading, Paterno broke no law ...what
of this, to live up to the Joepa reputation
...to be perfect and

It should be expected. Joepa was Penn State. He could have exposed this guy and that would have been the end of it but he failed and now the skeleton has come out of the closet to haunt the old man.
Paterno had the power and he didn't use it when he should have.
Last edited by Don on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:49 am

xflajrnylvr wrote:ESPN is reporting the press conference is called off

That was much smarter than sending JoePa out there with a "football only" restriction. That would have looked so terrible. Better to cancel it. Kudos to them for at least doing this.

And JoePa is done. Writing's on the wall.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:03 am

"Somebody has to question about what I would consider the moral requirements for a human being that knows of sexual things that are taking place with a child.
I think you have the moral responsibility, anyone. Not whether you're a football coach or a university president or the guy sweeping the building. I think you have a moral responsibility to call us."

Pennsylvania state police commissioner Frank Noonan
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby AlteredDNA » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
xflajrnylvr wrote:ESPN is reporting the press conference is called off

That was much smarter than sending JoePa out there with a "football only" restriction. That would have looked so terrible. Better to cancel it. Kudos to them for at least doing this.

And JoePa is done. Writing's on the wall.

Cue Urban Meyer...or Nick Saban...
I Love Pineapple!!!
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:12 am

Don wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:From what I'm hearing/reading, Paterno broke no law ...what
of this, to live up to the Joepa reputation
...to be perfect and

It should be expected. Joepa was Penn State. He could have had this guy removed and that would have been the end of it but he failed and now the skeleton has come out of the closet to haunt the old man.
Paterno had the power and he didn't use it when he should have.

Perhaps ...from the powerless people who actually witnessed the rapes, to the
powerless mother who reported it and got nothing, to the powerless high school officials
who reported it to the authorities, to the powerless men in uniform
who investigated the man on more than one occassion, to the powerless athletic diretor
and head of Business Finance ...Sorry, if Joepa weren't 86 years old and done at the end of the season
anyway, this story has a different ending ...can't wait to hear his real story!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:13 am

Don wrote:"Somebody has to question about what I would consider the moral requirements for a human being that knows of sexual things that are taking place with a child.
I think you have the moral responsibility, anyone. Not whether you're a football coach or a university president or the guy sweeping the building. I think you have a moral responsibility to call us."

ABSOLUTELY ...my point!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby LtVanish » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:16 am

AlteredDNA wrote:

Why would either of those class acts want anything to do with Penn St.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby AlteredDNA » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:21 am

LtVanish wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... ban-meyer/
“Urban would love to have that job,” a source said of coaching the Nittany Lions. “Keep in mind, though, that he doesn’t want to be known as the guy who forced out Joe Paterno. It would have to be done in the right way. I think they could appeal to JoePa’s best interests and allow him to be the king-maker.”

Saban said Penn State was his dream job - while he was the coach at LSU...

Sorry for the thread hijack!!
I Love Pineapple!!!
AlteredDNA
Cassette Tape

Postby LtVanish » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 am

AlteredDNA wrote:
LtVanish wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:

“Urban would love to have that job,” a source said of coaching the Nittany Lions. “Keep in mind, though, that he doesn’t want to be known as the guy who forced out Joe Paterno. It would have to be done in the right way. I think they could appeal to JoePa’s best interests and allow him to be the king-maker.”

My point was why would they want anything to do with Penn St now? That article is before shit hit the fan.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:33 am

The program should not get ANY probation for this. The kids end up suffering for something they didn't do, and for something not even football related. What they should do is allow PSU to carry on it's football program - BUT - take all proceeds from every game PSU gets money for during the next 10 years - and donate it to some Sexual Abuse program....don't punish the kids/players.
S2M
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:35 am

Fact Finder wrote:Joe Paterno did the absolute minimum he was supposed to have done. In the case of homosexual rape of a young boy by an authority figure in his department, that’s not nearly good enough.

Everyone did the absolute minimum or less than ...including the suspicious mother!!
If I thought my child had been sexually abused, you would not have been able to shut
me up!! I would've warned all other parents, I would've questioned other children ...he
was MY child, he depended on me for his protection ...I definitely wouldn't have let
up on the authorities!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:21 am

Don wrote:"Somebody has to question about what I would consider the moral requirements for a human being that knows of sexual things that are taking place with a child.

A mother did go to the cops in 1998 and all they did was make him promise that he would never do it again. If they would've fried the bastard in 98 then the rest of this shit wouldn't have happened.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:27 am

If these "boys" were college students, they weren't really "boys" and should've beaten the ever-loving crap out of this guy.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:28 am

ebake02 wrote:

A mother did go to the cops in 1998 and all they did was make him promise that he would never do it again. If they would've fried the bastard in 98 then the rest of this shit wouldn't have happened.

My point is Joe could have had the guy terminated whether the guy was found guilty or not. Head coaches have always had the power to fire their assistants without a moment's notice.

This shit is going to put Paterno in the grave.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:36 am

conversationpc wrote:If these "boys" were college students, they weren't really "boys" and should've beaten the ever-loving crap out of this guy.

I think they were youngsters participating in some kind of camps or something like that.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:41 am

Don wrote:
conversationpc wrote:If these "boys" were college students, they weren't really "boys" and should've beaten the ever-loving crap out of this guy.

I think they were youngsters participating in some kind of camps or something like that.

OK...Completely disgusting.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:41 am

S2M wrote:The program should not get ANY probation for this. The kids end up suffering for something they didn't do, and for something not even football related. What they should do is allow PSU to carry on it's football program - BUT - take all proceeds from every game PSU gets money for during the next 10 years - and donate it to some Sexual Abuse program....don't punish the kids/players.

Why would they? I can't imagine any kind of competitive advantage being obtained from boinking kids in the but.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:44 am

Seriously....I'm in NO WAY advocating what Sandusky did AT ALL...but I've seen kids today. They'll tell you to fuck off right to your face....Can't see how kids got themselves into situations like this....I was an altar boy for 2 or 3 years in '79, '80, and '81.....if a priest ever tried to do any funny business with me, I would have taken one of those candle snuffers and beat his tealight to a bloody pulp....
S2M
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:48 am

Fact Finder wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:
LtVanish wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:

If Penn St. gets a 5 year death penalty they won't need a coach.

Absolutely no point in sanctioning the athletics program for this. Let the court of public opinion sanction them, e.g., no highly reputable coach will want to succeed JoePa there in the wake of this.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:Paterno being told point blank that Sanduskey was anally raping a boy in the shower and only passing the buck is abborhent.....see ya JoePa

Liar.
Nobody knows that was told to Joe.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 am

Red13JoePa wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Paterno being told point blank that Sanduskey was anally raping a boy in the shower and only passing the buck is abborhent.....see ya JoePa

Liar.
Nobody knows that was told to Joe.

There's really no way to defend Joe's actions (or lack thereof) here. What did the guy have to lose in taking stronger action? He passed the buck. Someone of his age and experience shoulda known better.

When I look at McQueen (the grad assistant coach who witnessed one of the incidents in the locker room), I can at least understand his psyche and the way he rationalized not doing anything about what he saw. He's a young guy trying to build a career in a field that is almost exclusively based on nepotism/cronysim (as far as moving up the ranks from assistant to coordinator to head coach goes). And here he personally sees a coaching legend doing this shit. I still think (and hope) I wouldn't react in the same way (i.e., by doing NOTHING). But when you're a young guy trying to get started, getting involved in something like this would be frightening in its potential either to kill your career or get you unofficially blacklisted in some circles. We all hope we wouldn't react (or not react, as it were) the way he did. But I think we can all at least understand how he ended up reacting that way. I know I can. And being totally frank, it'd be very hard for me (I myself am in the early stages of my career) to get involved in something like this in a whistleblower role. So I can at least understand what happened here.

On the other hand, there's really no rationalizing what Joe did/failed to do. You can respect the man for the coach that he is. All in all, I'd hope he's a good guy with all the lore that surrounds him. But you never really know. If Joe was only told of what was going on in vague terms, any halfway respectable leader would have taken it upon himself to figure out what was going on. He wouldn't pass the buck ONCE and forget all about it from then on.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:03 am

We need to wait to wait for it all to play out. I don't think all the info regards to Joe's actions or lackthereof have been made public yet.

I'd be shocked if it FINALLY comes out that all Joe did was report it to Curley once and drop it.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:04 am

Red13JoePa wrote:We need to wait to wait for it all to play out. I don't think all the info regards to Joe's actions or lackthereof have been made public yet.

I'd be shocked if it FINALLY comes out that all Joe did was report it to Curley once and drop it.

I agree with you there. I hope he did more than that for his sake.
Ehwmatt
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara