I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Postby perryswoman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 am

And what about the missing/declared prosecutor from 2006? I think this thing is Much Much bigger than anyone knows.
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am
Location: sc

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 am

Rockindeano wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Bail Volunteered at His Charity...


Prosecutor wanted $500,000 cash bond, Judge released him on a $100,000 signature bond, meaning no cash, just his word to return to court. :evil:


I'm amazed Sandusky hasn't blown his brains out yet. Hope they have him on some kind of suicide watch. There's some special treats waiting for him in prison; namely, a big fat black AIDS-infested crank pummeling his wrinkled brown eye into bloody submission.


Special K with Strawberries, ALL OVER THE FUCKING DESK AND SCREEN. YOU ASSHOLE!

Dude, what makes it hysterical is it just can't be a "big crank," but rather has to be a "big fat BLACK crank".....too funny. Like an aids infected white crank won't do? Has to be a black one. hahahahaha


I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm even more glad that you were eating such a healthy breakfast.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10845
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby perryswoman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:54 am

Fact Finder wrote:Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Bail Volunteered at His Charity...


Prosecutor wanted $500,000 cash bond, Judge released him on a $100,000 signature bond, meaning no cash, just his word to return to court. :evil:


Judge needs to be thrown off the bench! That is beyond ridicuous. Lots of people with less charges are denied bond period! Now this piece of shit is gonna commit suicide and no victims will see any justice!
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am
Location: sc

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:00 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:
Mrs Sandusky, 68, attempted to call one of the victims in the weeks leading up to his testimony, despite the fact the now 26-year-old had cut off all contact with Sandusky two years prior.

She left a message on Victim 7's phone saying the matter was 'very important' but the man, who told the Grand Jury that as a ten-year-old in 1994, Sandusky hugged and inappropriately touched him, did not return the call.

hmmmm ...the Grand Jury/authorities are sounding more responsible with each article...
unless his family was paid off, as insinuated somewhere in these ten (10) pages, and then,
again, they/the parents would be responsible for accepting payment for the rape/s of their children ...



Just ran across this tidbit...

“We expected you just arrest people who do stuff like that,” Victim One’s mother said. “We didn’t realize it was going to be this difficult and take this long.”

It's very interesting. The Grand Jury had testimony from victims, at least one parent of a victim allowed authorities to monitor phone calls from Sandusky in which he admitted doing the deed ...that parent accepted and apology and a promise, the case was
never prosecuted!! ...who did we say dropped the ball?!?
Michigan Girl
MP3
 
Posts: 13963
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 am

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am

["Michigan Girl"]
[It's very interesting. The Grand Jury had testimony from victims, at least one parent of a victim allowed authorities to monitor phone calls from Sandusky in which he admitted doing the deed ...that parent accepted and apology and a promise, the case was
never prosecuted!! ...who did we say dropped the ball?!?



I count at least 7 people including the one mother. Mother, Prosecutor, Janitor[s], MCqueary, Paterno, Curley and Schultz going back to 2000.

All knew by then, and JoePa certainly knew by 2002, if not earlier, what this dudes deal was. Because of their inaction, the one boy was subjected to repeated (over 20 times) of Sicko blowing him and forcing the boy to reciprocate under duress. After 2002 and the McQueary eyewitness account, all bets, and reasonable doubt are off. There are no excuses, zip, zero nada.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12258
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:57 am

Former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky and ousted Vice President Gary Schultz will likely continue to be very well paid by the university.

Sandusky was indicted last week on 40 counts of child sex abuse charges. Schultz was charged with perjury before the grand jury investigating the Sandusky case, which is also a felony, along with failing to report suspected child abuse.

When he retired, Sandusky opted to take a lump-sum pension payment of $148,271 from the State Employees’ Retirement System. The rest of his pension is being paid out monthly and is $58,898 annually.

Schultz could be far more richly paid. He elected to receive a $421,847 lump-sum payment at the time of his retirement in 2009, after nearly 39 years of service. He also receives a monthly pension payment of $27,558 — nearly the cost of tuition for two in-state freshmen at State College. That comes to nearly $331,000 a year. Schultz had returned to his former post in September on an interim basis while the university conducted a national search for a permanent appointee.

Pension information for former Athletic Director Tim Curley, charged with perjury and failing to report suspected child abuse along with Schultz, was not available because he did not participate in the state pension system. Ousted President Graham Spanier also was not a member of the state pension system.

The Patriot-News has submitted a request for longtime football coach Joe Paterno’s pension.

Information about Paterno’s and Schultz’s pensions is now public information as a result of a five-year court battle launched by The Patriot-News in 2002. That lawsuit, which went all the way to the state Supreme Court, removed a shroud of secrecy that Penn State had demanded for university employees who participated in the pension plan.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12258
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:23 am

Fact Finder wrote:["Michigan Girl"]
[It's very interesting. The Grand Jury had testimony from victims, at least one parent of a victim allowed authorities to monitor phone calls from Sandusky in which he admitted doing the deed ...that parent accepted and apology and a promise, the case was
never prosecuted!! ...who did we say dropped the ball?!?



I count at least 7 people including the one mother. Mother, Prosecutor, Janitor[s], MCqueary, Paterno, Curley and Schultz going back to 2000.

All knew by then, and JoePa certainly knew by 2002, if not earlier, what this dudes deal was. Because of their inaction, the one boy was subjected to repeated (over 20 times) of Sicko blowing him and forcing the boy to reciprocate under duress. After 2002 and the McQueary eyewitness account, all bets, and reasonable doubt are off. There are no excuses, zip, zero nada.

No excuses, sir, just more finger pointing. All of the above reportedly took place in 1998 and as
early as 1996, had the problem/criminal been properly handled then, the rapes that took place between
1996/8- 2002 ( and really 2011) never happen ...let us not forget THAT!!
Michigan Girl
MP3
 
Posts: 13963
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 am

Postby RPM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:43 am

"joepa" will spend the last years of his life testifying in one civil or criminal case after another,
my guess is he will not live thru all of them. Penn state will forever be tainted by the horrendous
child rape and disgusting blind eye taken to protect "the establishment" sickening to see so called
intelligent youth more upset about joepa being fired then the childrens lives that were ruined.
RPM
8 Track
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Postby Michigan Girl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:50 am

RPM wrote:"joepa" will spend the last years of his life testifying in one civil or criminal case after another,
my guess is he will not live thru all of them. Penn state will forever be tainted by the horrendous
child rape and disgusting blind eye taken to protect "the establishment" sickening to see so called
intelligent youth more upset about joepa being fired then the childrens lives that were ruined.

Same can be said for all of the people who are more anxious to destroy Joepa than
they are the man allegedly guilty of committing the actual crime...and the people who
actually witnessed the crimes being committed etc. and so on, and so forth...the children
are secondary to the media/press secondary, and therefore, are be-
coming secondary to the public ...secondary!!
Michigan Girl
MP3
 
Posts: 13963
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 am

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:59 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
RPM wrote:"joepa" will spend the last years of his life testifying in one civil or criminal case after another,
my guess is he will not live thru all of them. Penn state will forever be tainted by the horrendous
child rape and disgusting blind eye taken to protect "the establishment" sickening to see so called
intelligent youth more upset about joepa being fired then the childrens lives that were ruined.

Same can be said for all of the people who are more anxious to destroy Joepa than
they are the man allegedly guilty of committing the actual crime...and the people who
actually witnessed the crimes being committed etc. and so on, and so forth...the children
are secondary to the media/press secondary, and therefore, are be-
coming secondary to the public ...secondary!!


I agree Sandusky is to be blamed before JoePa.

I don't agree that McQueary should be blamed before JoePa. All these armchair quarterbacks saying they would just react upon seeing what he saw are just lame. The guy was seeing one of his childhood idols doing that, he was just starting his career and probably dependent on his grad assistant position to get through grad school, and the like. He took it upstairs and god only knows what JoePa told him to do about it. I just know that as a young person in the early stages of my career myself, if my boss told me that he'd handle it, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to break his chain of command.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10845
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby RPM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:04 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
RPM wrote:"joepa" will spend the last years of his life testifying in one civil or criminal case after another,
my guess is he will not live thru all of them. Penn state will forever be tainted by the horrendous
child rape and disgusting blind eye taken to protect "the establishment" sickening to see so called
intelligent youth more upset about joepa being fired then the childrens lives that were ruined.

Same can be said for all of the people who are more anxious to destroy Joepa than
they are the man allegedly guilty of committing the actual crime...and the people who
actually witnessed the crimes being committed etc. and so on, and so forth...the children
are secondary to the media/press secondary, and therefore, are be-
coming secondary to the public ...secondary!!


I would be okay with all of them being detroyed, starting with the "alleged" child rapist, and on down
the line, I completely understand the outrage at joepa, he had the power to stop it, more so than
some of the others, yeah man of character ...blah blah blah.....to be sure the list of enablers is growing.
RPM
8 Track
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Postby RPM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:09 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:
RPM wrote:"joepa" will spend the last years of his life testifying in one civil or criminal case after another,
my guess is he will not live thru all of them. Penn state will forever be tainted by the horrendous
child rape and disgusting blind eye taken to protect "the establishment" sickening to see so called
intelligent youth more upset about joepa being fired then the childrens lives that were ruined.

Same can be said for all of the people who are more anxious to destroy Joepa than
they are the man allegedly guilty of committing the actual crime...and the people who
actually witnessed the crimes being committed etc. and so on, and so forth...the children
are secondary to the media/press secondary, and therefore, are be-
coming secondary to the public ...secondary!!


I agree Sandusky is to be blamed before JoePa.

I don't agree that McQueary should be blamed before JoePa. All these armchair quarterbacks saying they would just react upon seeing what he saw are just lame. The guy was seeing one of his childhood idols doing that, he was just starting his career and probably dependent on his grad assistant position to get through grad school, and the like. He took it upstairs and god only knows what JoePa told him to do about it. I just know that as a young person in the early stages of my career myself, if my boss told me that he'd handle it, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to break his chain of command.


this isnt armchairing a football game . its child rape. you dont worry about your career, a school , the almighty coach,
you stop the child from being raped and make damn sure it gets reported to someone who will do something about it,
anything else is just excuses.
RPM
8 Track
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
RPM wrote:"joepa" will spend the last years of his life testifying in one civil or criminal case after another,
my guess is he will not live thru all of them. Penn state will forever be tainted by the horrendous
child rape and disgusting blind eye taken to protect "the establishment" sickening to see so called
intelligent youth more upset about joepa being fired then the childrens lives that were ruined.

Same can be said for all of the people who are more anxious to destroy Joepa than
they are the man allegedly guilty of committing the actual crime...and the people who
actually witnessed the crimes being committed etc. and so on, and so forth...the children
are secondary to the media/press secondary, and therefore, are be-
coming secondary to the public ...secondary!!



I'm an equal opportunity destroyer here..JoePa is only about 5th on the list. And BTW, Sandusky needs to fry. Make no mistake about where I stand.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12258
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 am

RPM wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:
RPM wrote:"joepa" will spend the last years of his life testifying in one civil or criminal case after another,
my guess is he will not live thru all of them. Penn state will forever be tainted by the horrendous
child rape and disgusting blind eye taken to protect "the establishment" sickening to see so called
intelligent youth more upset about joepa being fired then the childrens lives that were ruined.

Same can be said for all of the people who are more anxious to destroy Joepa than
they are the man allegedly guilty of committing the actual crime...and the people who
actually witnessed the crimes being committed etc. and so on, and so forth...the children
are secondary to the media/press secondary, and therefore, are be-
coming secondary to the public ...secondary!!


I agree Sandusky is to be blamed before JoePa.

I don't agree that McQueary should be blamed before JoePa. All these armchair quarterbacks saying they would just react upon seeing what he saw are just lame. The guy was seeing one of his childhood idols doing that, he was just starting his career and probably dependent on his grad assistant position to get through grad school, and the like. He took it upstairs and god only knows what JoePa told him to do about it. I just know that as a young person in the early stages of my career myself, if my boss told me that he'd handle it, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to break his chain of command.


this isnt armchairing a football game . its child rape. you dont worry about your career, a school , the almighty coach,
you stop the child from being raped and make damn sure it gets reported to someone who will do something about it,
anything else is just excuses.


It's a heinous crime. I'm not disputing that.

But people are conditioned to see these types of situations in black and white. It's usually not that simple. And I guarantee it wasn't in this case.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10845
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby slucero » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:14 am


Jerry Sandusky to Bob Costas in exclusive 'Rock Center' interview: "I shouldn't have showered with those kids."


http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... those-kids


Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 PM EST

By Jessica Hopper
Rock Center

DEVELOPING: Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky admitted to showering and horsing around with young boys but said he is not a pedophile in an exclusive interview with Bob Costas for NBC News' Rock Center airing tonight at 10 pm/9 CT.

"I say that I am innocent of those charges," said Sandusky in a phone interview with Costas.

When asked by Costas, "Are you a pedophile," Sandusky responded "No."

Joe Paterno’s one time defensive coordinator was charged earlier this month with 40 counts of sexually abusing eight boys. He is currently free on a $100,000 bond and has denied any wrongdoing. The allegations date back to 1994, according to a grand jury report. A grand jury report detailed claims of alleged sexual encounters with young boys in Sandusky's home, hotels and Penn State locker rooms.

"I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact," said Sandusky.

When pressed by Costas about what Sandusky was willing to concede that he'd done was wrong, Sandusky said, "I shouldn't have showered with those kids."

The scandal has tarnished the reputation of the once heralded football program, leading to the departure of coaching legend Paterno and three other university officials. It’s also left students and residents of State College, Penn., shocked.

The sight of the 67-year-old Sandusky in handcuffs is hard to reconcile with his public image of a devoted father of six adopted kids who founded a charity to help at risk youth. That charity, The Second Mile, has also come under fire.

All of the alleged sex abuse victims met Sandusky through their participation in The Second Mile. Sandusky founded the charity in 1977 as a group foster home for troubled boys. It spawned into a non-profit organization that has raised millions of dollars to help young boys and girls. Today, Chief Executive Officer Jack Raykovitz’s resignation was announced by the non-profit organization’s board of directors. Grand jury testimony alleges that Raykovitz was aware of at least one of the allegations against Sandusky.

In an NBC News interview from 1987, Sandusky joked that he started The Second Mile because he was a “frustrated playground director.”

“I enjoy being around children. I enjoy their enthusiasm. I just have a good time with them,” Sandusky said.

Sandusky gave up his day to day duties at the organization in 2010. By that time, at least two people had allegedly witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing two different boys in showers on Penn State’s campus, according to a grand jury report.

While Sandusky retired as a coach at Pennsylvania State University in 1999, he continued to have access to Penn State’s facilities. In 2002, he was banned from bringing minors to campus athletic facilities after then graduate student Mike McQueary allegedly witnessed Sandusky molesting a boy, according to the grand jury report. The incident was never reported to police or investigated by university police. Sandusky allegedly violated the order not to bring minors to campus by bringing at least one victim to the campus after 2002, according to the grand jury report.

The alleged victims testified that they were abused in hotel rooms, Sandusky’s own home and on Penn State’s campus. Some victims testified that Sandusky would visit them frequently at their schools when they didn’t return his phone calls, according to the grand jury report.




Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


~Albert Einstein
User avatar
slucero
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:20 am

Nice interview Jerry. Mike McQueary said he saw you screwing one, live and in person. The janitor said...oh never mind..
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12258
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Nice interview Jerry. Mike McQueary said he saw you screwing one, live and in person. The janitor said...oh never mind..


I just heard it this morning. I'm no linguistic/psychological analyst, but the part where Costas asked him "Are you sexually attracted to young boys?" and his stammering response sure was telling, at least to me.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10845
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:22 am

perryswoman wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Bail Volunteered at His Charity...


Prosecutor wanted $500,000 cash bond, Judge released him on a $100,000 signature bond, meaning no cash, just his word to return to court. :evil:


Judge needs to be thrown off the bench! That is beyond ridicuous. Lots of people with less charges are denied bond period! Now this piece of shit is gonna commit suicide and no victims will see any justice!


First of all, learn the law....bail is available for every crime, even murder.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11896
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 am

McQueary came and said he did put a stop to the rape?
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3
 
Posts: 11647
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:43 pm
Location: Happy Valley

Postby perryswoman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:42 am

S2M wrote:
perryswoman wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Bail Volunteered at His Charity...


Prosecutor wanted $500,000 cash bond, Judge released him on a $100,000 signature bond, meaning no cash, just his word to return to court. :evil:


Judge needs to be thrown off the bench! That is beyond ridicuous. Lots of people with less charges are denied bond period! Now this piece of shit is gonna commit suicide and no victims will see any justice!


First of all, learn the law....bail is available for every crime, even murder.
umm no it is not! If u are a flight risk lots of people are denied bond in our state. Even drug crimes so I believe I know the law. Thx
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am
Location: sc

Postby G.I.Jim » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 am

He didn't do it. He just showered with them, and touched one boy's thigh. Nothing wrong with that. :wink:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Your Momma's house

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:52 am

S2M wrote:
perryswoman wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Bail Volunteered at His Charity...


Prosecutor wanted $500,000 cash bond, Judge released him on a $100,000 signature bond, meaning no cash, just his word to return to court. :evil:


Judge needs to be thrown off the bench! That is beyond ridicuous. Lots of people with less charges are denied bond period! Now this piece of shit is gonna commit suicide and no victims will see any justice!


First of all, learn the law....bail is available for every crime, even murder.




Better stick to your day job and picking football games chief... :wink:

The Bail Reform Act of 1984 helped to set guidelines allowing courts to consider the danger a defendant might present if released on bail. This response to the problem of crimes committed by individuals who had been released on bail marked a significant departure from earlier philosophies surrounding bail. Bail laws took on a new importance; they would ensure the appearance of the defendant in proceedings, and they would see to the safety of the community into which the defendant was released.

Pursuant to the 1984 act, if the court deems that the accused may, in fact, pose a threat to the safety of the community, the accused may be held without bail. In 1987, United States v. Salerno, 481 U.S. 739, 107 S. Ct. 2095, 95 L. Ed. 2d 697, addressed the constitutionality of holding an individual without bail while awaiting criminal trial. The Supreme Court held that due process was not violated by the detention of individuals without bail.

Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12258
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:58 am

Fact Finder wrote:Better stick to your day job and picking football games chief... :wink:

The Bail Reform Act of 1984 helped to set guidelines allowing courts to consider the danger a defendant might present if released on bail. This response to the problem of crimes committed by individuals who had been released on bail marked a significant departure from earlier philosophies surrounding bail. Bail laws took on a new importance; they would ensure the appearance of the defendant in proceedings, and they would see to the safety of the community into which the defendant was released.

Pursuant to the 1984 act, if the court deems that the accused may, in fact, pose a threat to the safety of the community, the accused may be held without bail. In 1987, United States v. Salerno, 481 U.S. 739, 107 S. Ct. 2095, 95 L. Ed. 2d 697, addressed the constitutionality of holding an individual without bail while awaiting criminal trial. The Supreme Court held that due process was not violated by the detention of individuals without bail.




really now...do you think I'm THAT stupid? I said available, meaning that there isn't a crime so heinous that bail is not even an option. You can be awarded bail even in a murder case.

They took his passport....it was unsecured bail. He only has to pay it if he doesn't show up.

Nice try guys...
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11896
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:14 am

S2M wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Better stick to your day job and picking football games chief... :wink:

The Bail Reform Act of 1984 helped to set guidelines allowing courts to consider the danger a defendant might present if released on bail. This response to the problem of crimes committed by individuals who had been released on bail marked a significant departure from earlier philosophies surrounding bail. Bail laws took on a new importance; they would ensure the appearance of the defendant in proceedings, and they would see to the safety of the community into which the defendant was released.

Pursuant to the 1984 act, if the court deems that the accused may, in fact, pose a threat to the safety of the community, the accused may be held without bail. In 1987, United States v. Salerno, 481 U.S. 739, 107 S. Ct. 2095, 95 L. Ed. 2d 697, addressed the constitutionality of holding an individual without bail while awaiting criminal trial. The Supreme Court held that due process was not violated by the detention of individuals without bail.




really now...do you think I'm THAT stupid? I said available, meaning that there isn't a crime so heinous that bail is not even an option. You can be awarded bail even in a murder case.

They took his passport....it was unsecured bail. He only has to pay it if he doesn't show up.

Nice try guys...


S2M is right. Sorry folks. T
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10845
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 am

Well what in fucks name were you admonishing perrywoman for then...jeez.

Image
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12258
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 am

Don't tell her to learn the law when she was absoutely right the first time. Of course bail is available, it can also be un-available if a Judge so decides, so what was your point?
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12258
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 am

Fact Finder wrote:Don't tell her to learn the law when she was absoutely right the first time. Of course bail is available, it can also be un-available if a Judge so decides, so what was your point?

For choosing the one in which we do not deem appropriate!!




I find it odd that Sandusky is allowed to speak to the public about this case ...or at least
that his attorney has not advised against it ...rules/laws?!?!?
Michigan Girl
MP3
 
Posts: 13963
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:36 am

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:29 am

Fact Finder wrote:Don't tell her to learn the law when she was absoutely right the first time. Of course bail is available, it can also be un-available if a Judge so decides, so what was your point?


It was justified. Judging by her second response....

ANYWAY...he's not a flight risk. He is 67 years old, he doesn't have a passport, and he wound up on the phone with Bob Costas last night....if he ends up sucking tailpipe - good for him...taxpayers won't have to finance the snuff film he'll be filming in the near future with his cellmate, Tyrone.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11896
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby perryswoman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:31 am

I did not say no one could get bail. I said the court must look at whether the scumbag is a flightrisk or.a danger to the community and while they may have taken his passport, with victims coming forward everyday and a school playgreound in his backyard he is most certainly a danger t community for god's sake. Its for his protection as well because anyone could blow his sick head off anytimne while he roams the street with his penn state sweatshirt on i
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am
Location: sc

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:34 am

perryswoman wrote:I did not say no one could get bail. I said the court must look at whether the scumbag is a flightrisk or.a danger to the community and while they may have taken his passport, with victims coming forward everyday and a school playgreound in his backyard he is most certainly a danger t community for god's sake. Its for his protection as well because anyone could blow his sick head off anytimne while he roams the street with his penn state sweatshirt on i


Did you not say this in a previous post?

umm no it is not! If u are a flight risk lots of people are denied bond in our state. Even drug crimes so I believe I know the law. Thx


In direct response to me saying bail was available for every offense....
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11896
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron