I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:Paterno being told point blank that Sanduskey was anally raping a boy in the shower and only passing the buck is abborhent.....see ya JoePa

Liar.
Nobody knows that was told to Joe.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 am

Red13JoePa wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Paterno being told point blank that Sanduskey was anally raping a boy in the shower and only passing the buck is abborhent.....see ya JoePa

Liar.
Nobody knows that was told to Joe.

There's really no way to defend Joe's actions (or lack thereof) here. What did the guy have to lose in taking stronger action? He passed the buck. Someone of his age and experience shoulda known better.

When I look at McQueen (the grad assistant coach who witnessed one of the incidents in the locker room), I can at least understand his psyche and the way he rationalized not doing anything about what he saw. He's a young guy trying to build a career in a field that is almost exclusively based on nepotism/cronysim (as far as moving up the ranks from assistant to coordinator to head coach goes). And here he personally sees a coaching legend doing this shit. I still think (and hope) I wouldn't react in the same way (i.e., by doing NOTHING). But when you're a young guy trying to get started, getting involved in something like this would be frightening in its potential either to kill your career or get you unofficially blacklisted in some circles. We all hope we wouldn't react (or not react, as it were) the way he did. But I think we can all at least understand how he ended up reacting that way. I know I can. And being totally frank, it'd be very hard for me (I myself am in the early stages of my career) to get involved in something like this in a whistleblower role. So I can at least understand what happened here.

On the other hand, there's really no rationalizing what Joe did/failed to do. You can respect the man for the coach that he is. All in all, I'd hope he's a good guy with all the lore that surrounds him. But you never really know. If Joe was only told of what was going on in vague terms, any halfway respectable leader would have taken it upon himself to figure out what was going on. He wouldn't pass the buck ONCE and forget all about it from then on.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:03 am

We need to wait to wait for it all to play out. I don't think all the info regards to Joe's actions or lackthereof have been made public yet.

I'd be shocked if it FINALLY comes out that all Joe did was report it to Curley once and drop it.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:04 am

Red13JoePa wrote:We need to wait to wait for it all to play out. I don't think all the info regards to Joe's actions or lackthereof have been made public yet.

I'd be shocked if it FINALLY comes out that all Joe did was report it to Curley once and drop it.

I agree with you there. I hope he did more than that for his sake.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:05 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:
LtVanish wrote:
AlteredDNA wrote:
Cue Urban Meyer...or Nick Saban...

Why would either of those class acts want anything to do with Penn St.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... ban-meyer/
“Urban would love to have that job,” a source said of coaching the Nittany Lions. “Keep in mind, though, that he doesn’t want to be known as the guy who forced out Joe Paterno. It would have to be done in the right way. I think they could appeal to JoePa’s best interests and allow him to be the king-maker.”

Saban said Penn State was his dream job - while he was the coach at LSU...

Sorry for the thread hijack!!

If Penn St. gets a 5 year death penalty they won't need a coach.

Let the court of public opinion sanction them, e.g., no highly reputable coach will want to succeed JoePa there in the wake of this.

The court of public opinion can go fuck themselves. They have a bad habit of jumping to conclusions and "executing" the wrong people, like the those Duke lacrosse players in 2006.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:11 am

Red13JoePa wrote:We need to wait to wait for it all to play out. I don't think all the info regards to Joe's actions or lackthereof have been made public yet.

Agreed. I think Curly will scapegoat anybody, including JoePa, if it means saving his own ass.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:14 am

eBake and Ben, let me ask you this: assuming the allegations are true and JoePa really just reported this thing one time and washed his hands of it, are you ok with that?
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:21 am

I am not a fucking liar, JoePa knew... according to the GA and his father, if your such a JoePa fan I suggest you read the Grand Jury report...here..I'll help you....

VICTIM 2

On March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant ("graduate assistant") who was then 28
years old, entered the locker room at the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus
on a Friday night before the beginning of Spring Break. The graduate assistant, who was
familiar with Sandusky, was going to put some newly purchased sneakers in his locker and get
some recruiting tapes to watch.

It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the
locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard
slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant
put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose
age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal
intercourse by a naked Sandusky.
The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both
Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he
had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The
graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what
he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno ("Paterno"), head football coach of Pemi State. The next
morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home,
where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a
Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called
Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his
home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry
Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a
young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting
with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business
Gary Schultz ("Schultz"). The graduate assistant reported to Curley and Schultz that he had
witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building
showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and
determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.
The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that
Sandusky's keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to
The Second Mile.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:30 am

So the AD, Head Coach and the Finance and Business guy all new the charges of anal rape and all they did was contact Sandusky's charity.....give me a fucking break as Deano said.....DEATH PENALTY FOR PEDO STATE PERIOD. It went to the top...sorry about the kids there now as it shouldn't affect them, but it has to...this school needs an ass whipping.

Between this, and Penn St. letting Michael Mann off the hook for his Global Warming hockey stick fiasco they ought to shut down the whole fucking school. Useless tax dollar eaters all. :evil:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:36 am

Fact Finder wrote:So the AD, Head Coach and the Finance and Business guy all new the charges of anal rape and all they did was contact Sandusky's charity.....give me a fucking break as Deano said.....DEATH PENALTY FOR PEDO STATE PERIOD. It went to the top...sorry about the kids there now as it shouldn't affect them, but it has to...this school needs an ass whipping.

Between this, and Penn St. letting Michael Mann off the hook for his Global Warming hockey stick fiasco they ought to shut down the whole fucking school. Useless tax dollar eaters all. :evil:

I don't see how the athletic department would be put on probation or anything like that. If an athlete goes out decapitates some other students at night you can't penalize the team for that. Even if a coach saw a bloody knife in his locker it would be a criminal manner between the witnesses, victims and perp. The NCAA isn't going to come in and put sanctions on a team because of it.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:41 am

Don wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:So the AD, Head Coach and the Finance and Business guy all new the charges of anal rape and all they did was contact Sandusky's charity.....give me a fucking break as Deano said.....DEATH PENALTY FOR PEDO STATE PERIOD. It went to the top...sorry about the kids there now as it shouldn't affect them, but it has to...this school needs an ass whipping.

I don't see how the athletic department would be put on probation or anything like that. If an athlete goes out decapitates some other students at night you can't penalize the team for that. Even if a coach saw a bloody knife in his locker it would be a criminal manner between the witnesses, victims and perp. The NCAA isn't going to come in and put sanctions on a team because of it.

I agree, although who knows if there is a basis in the NCAA rules and regulations to make this incident sanctionable.

Also, the athlete analogy is pretty good, but ultimately misleading: the player represents Penn State in some capacity, but not like a coach. A coach is an agent for the school and this coach arguably may have used his authority emanating from that position to commit these bad acts. Players are only responsible for getting the school in trouble if they are breaking the NCAA rules. The coaches have broader legal standards to live up to and impose broader legal duties on the school. So I think it's a bit worse in that respect.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 am

Fuck you. Don't judge the rest of us for what 5 or 6 people did or didn't do. :evil: :evil:

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 am

Okay, that was totally gay.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:47 am

Don wrote:Okay, that was totally gay.

Whatever... :roll:
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Red13JoePa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:I am not a fucking liar, JoePa knew... according to the GA and his father, if your such a JoePa fan I suggest you read the Grand Jury report...here..I'll help you....

VICTIM 2

On March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant ("graduate assistant") who was then 28
years old, entered the locker room at the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus
on a Friday night before the beginning of Spring Break. The graduate assistant, who was
familiar with Sandusky, was going to put some newly purchased sneakers in his locker and get
some recruiting tapes to watch.

It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the
locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard
slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant
put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose
age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal
intercourse by a naked Sandusky.
The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both
Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he
had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The
graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what
he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno ("Paterno"), head football coach of Pemi State. The next
morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home,
where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a
Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called
Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his
home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry
Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a
young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting
with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business
Gary Schultz ("Schultz"). The graduate assistant reported to Curley and Schultz that he had
witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building
showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and
determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.
The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that
Sandusky's keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to
The Second Mile.

I read it in it's 23 pages Jackhole.
READ WHAT JOE testified. McQueary was NOT clear to Joe and then JOE wasn't there for McQueary's meeting with Curly and Schultz.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:50 am

ebake02 wrote:

Fuck you. Don't judge the rest of us for what 5 or 6 people did or didn't do. :evil: :evil:

Well then, you haven't read the GJ report either...figures. That's why they call them FANatics.... :shock:

I guess the NCAA should never sanction a school based on what a few do right...we all know they do it all the time.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 am

Fact Finder wrote:
ebake02 wrote:

Well then, you haven't read the GJ report either...figures. That's why they call them FANatics.... :shock:

I guess the NCAA should never sanction a school based on what a few do right...we all know they do it all the time.

I will support Joe Paterno and my Alma Mater until the day I die.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:57 am

HARRISBURG, Pa. — The Patriot-News of Harrisburg is calling for the immediate resignation of Penn State President Graham Spanier in a rare, full-page, front-page editorial amid the child sex-abuse case involving a former football coach.

Tuesday's editorial also calls for this to be legendary coach Joe Paterno's last season.

Both men are under close scrutiny for their responses to an alleged sexual encounter involving former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky and a young boy in a locker room shower.

"There are the obligations we all have to uphold the law. There are then the obligations we all have to do what is right," the board wrote.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review called for Spanier and Paterno to both resign in an editorial Tuesday.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 am

ebake02 wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
ebake02 wrote:

Good for you...understand that Penn State had Sandusky banned from using the campus facilities. Which implies that they didn’t really care how many boys he molested, as long as he didn’t do it there. Have I got that right...why is ESPN reoporting him being on campus just this month?
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby AR » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:12 am

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Jana » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:16 am

LtVanish wrote:Isn't there "mandated reporter" laws for teachers? If you you suspect abuse, it is your legal obligation to report the abuse because your first and most important job is to protect children.
One would assume if you have a soul and you knew a child, if not multiple children, were being sexually abused, your first inclination should be to protect the child. Sadly, at Penn State, their first, and seemingly only, motivation was to protect their program. It is disgusting.

And what is with the GA calling his dad when he saw a child being raped? Who in their right mind wouldn't just call the police to stop the act and get the child to safety? Sick.

The whole story is horrifying and everyone involved should be, at the very least fired, and many should be imprisoned.

To stumble upon a ten-year-old boy being anally raped and not stop it right then and there and help the little boy or threaten Sandusky by standing there and calling police to stop it, job or no job, I will never get. He was just a child.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:21 am

Fact Finder wrote:
ebake02 wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:
ebake02 wrote:

Good for you...understand that Penn State had Sandusky banned from using the campus facilities. Which implies that they didn’t really care how many boys he molested, as long as he didn’t do it there. Have I got that right...why is ESPN reoporting him being on campus just this month?

I support my school not the actions, there is a big difference. I will admit that the administration fucked this up big time.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:30 am

Jana wrote:
LtVanish wrote:Isn't there "mandated reporter" laws for teachers? If you you suspect abuse, it is your legal obligation to report the abuse because your first and most important job is to protect children.
One would assume if you have a soul and you knew a child, if not multiple children, were being sexually abused, your first inclination should be to protect the child. Sadly, at Penn State, their first, and seemingly only, motivation was to protect their program. It is disgusting.

And what is with the GA calling his dad when he saw a child being raped? Who in their right mind wouldn't just call the police to stop the act and get the child to safety? Sick.

The whole story is horrifying and everyone involved should be, at the very least fired, and many should be imprisoned.

To stumble upon a ten-year-old boy being anally raped and not stop it right then and there and help the little boy or threaten Sandusky by standing there and calling police to stop it, job or no job, I will never get. He was just a child.
EXACTLY, how can anyone excuse this^^^(I commented on this earlier) ...and the man/janitor who was so
upset everyone thought he was going to have a heart attack, claiming that what he witnessed in the locker room was worse than anything he had seen at war ...lost limbs, hanging guts, yet his new janitorial job
was held in higher regard than that child. Yeah, that man seemed bound and determined to protect a school!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:36 am

I support my school not the actions, there is a big difference. I will admit that the administration fucked this up big time.

Well that's a bit of progress, however, the admin didn't fuck this up, they covered it up, BIG DIFFERENCE..Huge! That's why the 2 men are charged with lying to the GJ, a big no no...
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 am

Aren't you the same people that were defending Michael Jackson and were in mourning when he died?
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:43 am

Sanduskey's Autobiography:

"Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story"
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:47 am

Tito wrote:Aren't you the same people that were defending Michael Jackson and were in mourning when he died?

Not fucking me... :lol:

from Sports Illustrated

What leaves me shaking my head is how badly I feel about this unfortunate story and how inconceivable it is that Joe Paterno, a man I always respected, asks us to believe that he has no culpability. He has already yakked himself into a corner.

Maybe he didn't know everything that was going on. But he knew enough. He wasn't fooled. And that's why his silence is unforgivable.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1d9Xekbgd
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 am

Joe Paterno - "I didn't only turn a blind eye...I turned my good one too."
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 am

S2M wrote:Sanduskey's Autobiography:

"Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story"

psst...that was "Touched" on page 1 of this thread :wink: try and keep up..
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:55 am

Don wrote:
I don't see how the athletic department would be put on probation or anything like that

Really? This ain't USC's "student athletes" buying homes for their mom...This is a guy from yes, a fabled football school with a legendary coach, who went a bit further than buying a house for his mom- dude raped little boys IN THE PENN STATE FOOTBALL lockerroom.

Two words- INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.

Prediction- Paterno resigns within 7 days, DURING this football season. PSU ultimately gets the DEATH PENALTY.

Goddammit Paterno apologists...How the hell can your alegiance to Joepa blind you so brightly, that you can look the other way at this atrocity? This is the EXACT reason this situation has now come to light....NOBODY talked about, referenced it, or mentioned it. The small town culture that Penn State has(opposed to say Ohio State in Columbus), was able to sweep this disturbing shit under the rug.

I am sorry to the two PSU grads here, but the truth is, PSU is guilty, and is sure as Hell gonna pay.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo