I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Don » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 am

Rockindeano wrote:
Don wrote:
I don't see how the athletic department would be put on probation or anything like that

Really? This ain't USC's "student athletes" buying homes for their mom...This is a guy from yes, a fabled football school with a legendary coach, who went a bit further than buying a house for his mom- dude raped little boys IN THE PENN STATE FOOTBALL lockerroom.

Two words- INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.

Prediction- Paterno resigns within 7 days, DURING this football season. PSU ultimately gets the DEATH PENALTY.

Goddammit Paterno apologists...How the hell can your alegiance to Joepa blind you so brightly, that you can look the other way at this atrocity? This is the EXACT reason this situation has now come to light....NOBODY talked about, referenced it, or mentioned it. The small town culture that Penn State has(opposed to say Ohio State in Columbus), was able to sweep this disturbing shit under the rug.

I am sorry to the two PSU grads here, but the truth is, PSU is guilty, and is sure as Hell gonna pay.

I already called for Paterno's immediate resignation earlier in the thread. I just don't see how putting a bowl ban on the football team is considered justice for kids that got their asshole busted open by some old perv. Having the administrators blacklisted across American Acadamia seems more a more appropriate punishment.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

Deano said

Exactly right Dean, and I was gonna mention this earlier but forgot about it. Some dude was on the radio today talking about "Institutional Control" and what it means to tne NCAA....at Penn St. there apparently was none.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:20 am

How come no one, I'm talking about the media mostly, is not talking specifically about Sandusky's HOMOSEXUAL acts with children and mostly talking about getting rid of Joe Pa (which may be warranted) and the school's responsibilities. Don't get me wrong, this is fair conversation, but it's like the media flew right past Sandusky and went right at Joe Pa and Penn St. Shouldn't we be focusing more on Sandusky, at least right now. This guy is practically flying under the radar. It's basically a passing mention.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:21 am

Fact Finder wrote:Deano said

Exactly right Dean, and I was gonna mention this earlier but forgot about it. Some dude was on the radio today talking about "Institutional Control" and what it means to tne NCAA....at Penn St. there apparently was none.

Obviously not in the same area as this, but where was Institutional Control in the Cam Newton saga?

I'm on the fence with this...let's wait til all the facts are revealed before we all take the role of George C. Scott in 12 Angry Men.....
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 am

Fact Finder wrote:Deano said

Let me first qualify, I am NOT defending Joe Pa and Penn St. They get what they deserve and I'm not losing sleep either way. But, the problem I have with this media witch hunt, if you will, is a lot of the people in the media have been saying for years that Joe Pa is a figurehead, isn't coaching, has lost his mind,etc. Yet, now they expect for him to be in control and that he was in control. Which is it? Either he was just there doing nothing or he is still active in control. Either way is bad and he's responsible either way. But, the talking heads in the media have been a little inconsistent on how much Joe Pa is involved with the daily activities during this.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:30 am

Tito wrote:How come no one, I'm talking about the media mostly, is not talking specifically about Sandusky's HOMOSEXUAL acts with children and mostly talking about getting rid of Joe Pa (which may be warranted) and the school's responsibilities. Don't get me wrong, this is fair conversation, but it's like the media flew right past Sandusky and went right at Joe Pa and Penn St. Shouldn't we be focusing more on Sandusky, at least right now. This guy is practically flying under the radar. It's basically a passing mention.

The media wont pounce on Homosexuality because they like to promote it amongst enlightened types...but they have and will hit on the pedophilia aspect. Sandusky is gonna spend the rest of his years behind bars, where kiddie sex is not taken lightly.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:34 am

People that apparently knew Sandusky raped little boys and kept quiet.

University President Spanier
AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
Second Mile Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Various elementary and high school officials
Second Mile officials
Joe Paterno’s staff including down to the janitors
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:34 am

Tito wrote:How come no one, I'm talking about the media mostly, is not talking specifically about Sandusky's HOMOSEXUAL acts with children and mostly talking about getting rid of Joe Pa (which may be warranted) and the school's responsibilities. Don't get me wrong, this is fair conversation, but it's like the media flew right past Sandusky and went right at Joe Pa and Penn St. Shouldn't we be focusing more on Sandusky, at least right now. This guy is practically flying under the radar. It's basically a passing mention.

Because they think Joepa holds the cards, has the power, is responsible for everything
good or bad that takes place at state college ...
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 am

Fact Finder wrote:People that apparently knew Sandusky raped little boys and kept quiet.

AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Second Mile officials

Is this list confirmed? If so, you people should forget about JoePa and be more concerned about the lack of action from: County DA, County Prosecutors, University Police, University Prez, various school administration (AD & VP already charged), Second Mile officials and attorney (it was THEIR organization), various elementary and high school officials (they're responsible for the kids too), coach McQueary, and then Joe Pa followed by staff.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 am

Tito wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:People that apparently knew Sandusky raped little boys and kept quiet.

AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Second Mile officials

Is this list confirmed? If so, you people should forget about JoePa and be more concerned about the lack of action from: County DA, County Prosecutors, University Police, University Prez, various school administration (AD & VP already charged), Second Mile officials and attorney (it was THEIR organization), various elementary and high school officials (they're responsible for the kids too), coach McQueary, and then Joe Pa followed by staff.

You are seriously using your noggin' today!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:20 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
Tito wrote:

AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Second Mile officials

You are seriously using your noggin' today!!

Follow the bouncing ball my friends.......if you can. This shit is getting deep... :shock:

Former Penn State Coach Prosecutor Center of Missing Man Mystery

By LEE FERRAN and RHONDA SCHWARTZ

Nov. 8, 2011

The prosecutor who decided to not pursue sex abuse charges against former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky more than a decade ago, despite an alleged confession, is at the center of a missing persons mystery that has enraptured middle Pennsylvania for years.

Ray Gricar served as the district attorney for Pennsylvania's Centre County in 1998 when Sandusky was accused of sexually abusing several boys. After an extensive investigation, which included testimony by two law enforcement officers that they had overheard Sandusky admitting to showering with multiple young boys, Gricar decided no criminal charges would be filed, according to recent court documents. Sandusky retired the next year.

Then, in April 2005, Gricar disappeared.

His car was found abandoned in a Lewisburg, Pa., parking lot and his laptop's harddrive was recovered from the nearby Susquehannna River, but there was no other trace of Gricar. No clues could be gleaned from the severely damaged harddrive and despite a six year investigation that involved the FBI and international help, police have as little an idea today about what happened to the former DA as they did then.

"We literally used every single resource, national and international," Bellefonte, Pa., police chief Shawn Weaver told ABC News today. "This is baffling. He literally just disappeared off the face of the earth."

In July this year, Gricar was officially declared dead, though Weaver said the investigation into his disappearance is ongoing and new leads continue to emerge.

Weaver said that though everyone has a personal theory about what may have happened to Gricar -- from suicide to foul play -- there has been no evidence to support any one of them. The idea that the disappearance could be linked to the Sandusky investigation, Weaver said, is "highly doubtful."

"Obviously if something raises an eye, it's something we'll look at," he said. "Nothing is out of the realm of possibility."

Robert Buehner, the district attorney for nearby Montour County and longtime friend of Gricar's, told ABC News he's convinced Gricar was murdered but said there was "absolutely" no connection to the Sandusky case. Buehner said Gricar was more likely the target of a violent criminal he had prosecuted or was in the midst of prosecuting. He doubted Gricar would have committed suicide or simply ran off because he was happy, financially stable and often talked fondly of his impending retirement.

As to why Gricar did not pursue charges against Sandusky in 1998, Buehner said that Gricar must simply not have had the evidence he needed.

"If you're going to target someone, you really work very hard to be sure you have a case because if you don't, you could end up ruining someone's reputation and livelihood," Buehner said. "If he had the evidence, Ray would not have concerned himself with who the person was."

Sandusky, a former defensive coordinator for the Penn State Nittany Lions, was arrested Saturday and arraigned on 40 criminal counts connected to the alleged sexual abuse of eight boys over a fifteen year period.

Sandusky declined to comment on the accusations to ABC News Monday.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby SteveForever » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:30 am

Sandusky obviously WANTED to get caught!
why did he keep doing it in all those public places (plus at his home as well) ?
he even told that one mother "I wish I could die"

He wanted to be stopped.....but no one stopped him. He looks so lecherous in the face! :evil:
SteveForever
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:38 am

Exclusive: Victims Double In Penn State Case

Updated: Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 6:29 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 5:17 PM EST

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - Fox 29 has learned the number of child-abuse in the Penn State sex-abuse scandal involving ex-coach Jerry Sandusky has more than doubled in the past day, and is closer to 20 victims.

There were eight victims named in the grand jury presentment and 40 charges leveled against Sandusky, a long-time assistant to Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno. Paterno was not named in the grand jury finding as violating any laws.

Sources tell Fox 29 since a press conference on Monday, the number of potential victims has more than doubled in the case.

Sandusky was arrested in the case and made bail, while two Penn State administrators face charges related to how an alleged crime was reported in the case to police and investigators.

On Monday, state officials publicized two phone numbers for past victims to call, and within a day, it seems investigators have new leads.

Also on Monday, Pennsylvania state attorney general Linda Kelly said the Sandusky case was consideried an on-going investigation and more charges could be coming.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby hoagiepete » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:05 am

AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Second Mile officials

Not up to speed on this. When did they learn about it and how long did they keep quiet? How long did he coach after they (especially JoPa) learned about it?
hoagiepete
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:18 am

hoagiepete wrote:

AD Curley
VP Schultz
PSU Attorney Courtney
University Police
County DA Gricar
County Prosecutors
Coach McQueary
Second Mile officials

Not up to speed on this. When did they learn about it and how long did they keep quiet? How long did he coach after they (especially JoPa) learned about it?

It started in 1998 and Sandusky was "retired" in 1999, however, Sandusky had, by terms of his retirement, an emeritus professor of physical education title with an office, access to facilities and other on-campus perks. He retired, but never left. Accused of butt fucking the 10 yo in 2002 I think, in the nittany lions showers, ESPN has reported him being there in just the last few weeks. So 14 years! :shock: :evil:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Seven Wishes2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe."
---Albert Einstein
Seven Wishes2
Cassette Tape

Postby DrFU » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 am

Fact Finder wrote:Exclusive: Victims Double In Penn State Case

Updated: Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 6:29 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 5:17 PM EST

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - Fox 29 has learned the number of child-abuse in the Penn State sex-abuse scandal involving ex-coach Jerry Sandusky has more than doubled in the past day, and is closer to 20 victims.

There were eight victims named in the grand jury presentment and 40 charges leveled against Sandusky, a long-time assistant to Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno. Paterno was not named in the grand jury finding as violating any laws.

Sources tell Fox 29 since a press conference on Monday, the number of potential victims has more than doubled in the case.

Sandusky was arrested in the case and made bail, while two Penn State administrators face charges related to how an alleged crime was reported in the case to police and investigators.

On Monday, state officials publicized two phone numbers for past victims to call, and within a day, it seems investigators have new leads.

Also on Monday, Pennsylvania state attorney general Linda Kelly said the Sandusky case was consideried an on-going investigation and more charges could be coming.

And its going to double again and again ... as MT predicted 3 pages ago.

OF COURSE it will; this behavior does not spontaneously stop, and he's been at it for AT LEAST 15 years, probably since he was a young man.

I'm revolted even by the language being used in the news articles. "Anal intercourse" and "sex" ... there is no such thing with a 10 year old CHILD. Rape is the word, and adults SAW it and did nothing to save the child. They didn't even find out his name. Oh wait, it was just an "underprivileged" kid from the wrong side of the tracks.

The minute the athletic program opened its facilities for use by this youth camp, they became responsible for the safety and welfare of those children, just as if they were Penn State students. And as an administrator, Paterno was one of the people responsible. Not just morally but legally -- criminally and civilally. You can't unknow something once you know it, and reporting to your superiors DOES NOT LET YOU OFF THE HOOK.

And after at least two incidents that were investigated, they gave the creep emeritus status, which gives retirees privileges on campus and is supposed to be reserved for those earning the high honor of the title.

This whole thing is beyond horrible.
DrFU
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 am

WOW. That Raymond Gricar link is chilling. I've followed that story for the last couple of years. A noted Cleveland cold case blogger/author has written extensively about it (I think the guy had Cleveland roots or a link here somehow).
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 am

Fact Finder wrote:This scandal is a 100 on a scale of 1 to 10...Ohio St. players trading memorabilia for cash while Tressel looked the other way is about a 2 or 3.

I was very tempted to say this myself. But Red13JoePa is a cool dude, and I don't want to offend him. And, even though PSU is a rival of OSU, I've never hated PSU or their fans. So, I didn't bring this up on my own.

But I was thinking about how so many people outside of the state of Ohio bashed Tressel and OSU over virtually nothing. Since the OSU scandal, there's been the Miami Hurricanes scandal where the school was possibly providing their players with drugs and hookers. And now this with PSU.

I think this really puts into perspective what a small infraction the whole tattoo thing was at
OSU. And also backs up the fact that there was an absolute witch-hunt against Jim Tressel.

Tressel hid the fact that some of his players traded their souvenir pants for some tattoos. Let's send him to the gas-chamber. :roll:

If every coach was kicked out for every little infraction, no coach would ever last.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Tito » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:34 am

I think the bigger picture J/S is college athletics is a cesspool period. Bottom line and in some ways it's worse at the professional level. My rule is anything on TV is bullshit.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:This scandal is a 100 on a scale of 1 to 10...Ohio St. players trading memorabilia for cash while Tressel looked the other way is about a 2 or 3.

I was very tempted to say this myself. But Red13JoePa is a cool dude, and I don't want to offend him. And, even though PSU is a rival of OSU, I've never hated PSU or their fans. So, I didn't bring this up on my own.

But I was thinking about how so many people outside of the state of Ohio bashed Tressel and OSU over virtually nothing. Since the OSU scandal, there's been the Miami Hurricanes scandal where the school was possibly providing their players with drugs and hookers. And now this with PSU.

I think this really puts into perspective what a small infraction the whole tattoo thing was at
OSU. And also backs up the fact that there was an absolute witch-hunt against Jim Tressel.

Tressel hid the fact that some of his players traded their souvenir pants for some tattoos. Let's send him to the gas-chamber. :roll:

If every coach was kicked out for every little infraction, no coach would ever last.

Well I for one am not trying to offend Red13JoePa nor ebake either, I'm sorry if they felt that way. I hope not. I'm a UC fan, never been a Buckeye fan. Idolized Pete Rose for damn near 30 years so I know how they feel, but this ain't gambling.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:19 pm

BreakingNews

PA court: Ex-coach Sandusky can't be alone with grandchildren - CentreDaily http://bit.ly/rUIVir

31 minutes ago
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:WOW. That Raymond Gricar link is chilling. I've followed that story for the last couple of years. A noted Cleveland cold case blogger/author has written extensively about it (I think the guy had Cleveland roots or a link here somehow).

Things that make you go hmmmmm... :wink:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Tito wrote: My rule is anything on TV is bullshit.

That's mostly true.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:

Not an Ohio State fan. And frankly, I don't think it's quite kosher for Ohio State fans to use this horrendous story to minimize their program's and prized coach's own recent failings. Little boys got raped. This isn't a game.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:

Not an Ohio State fan. And frankly, I don't think it's quite kosher for Ohio State fans to use this horrendous story to minimize their program's and prized coach's own recent failings. Little boys got raped. This isn't a game.

I think you must be misunderstanding what I was saying?

If you think that I'm trying to minimize the seriousness of what has allegedly gone on at PSU, you couldn't be more wrong!

My point is. And it's an accurate point. That this shows how mind-blowingly minor the OSU "scandal" was/is when compared to child-rape.

I stand 110% behind my comments.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:35 pm

We are…….sad.
We are…….grieving with the families and the victims.
We are……broken hearted.
We are……trying to make sense of things.
We are……confused.
We are….....over 94,000 students strong.
We are…..ranked among the top 15 public universities.
We are…..the largest student-run philanthropy in the world.
We are….. the creators of the number one student-run philanthropy in the world, raising over $78 million for the Four Diamonds Fund since THON's creation in 1977.
We are…..over 8,500 top ranked faculty.
We are…..hard working student athletes in many sporting events with NO connection to former events.
We are….more than 2 university officials and 2 athletic department members.
We are….more than this scandal.

We are....still Penn State
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:27 am

Fact Finder wrote:Follow the bouncing ball my friends.......if you can. This shit is getting deep... :shock:

Former Penn State Coach Prosecutor Center of Missing Man Mystery

By LEE FERRAN and RHONDA SCHWARTZ

Nov. 8, 2011

The prosecutor who decided to not pursue sex abuse charges against former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky more than a decade ago, despite an alleged confession, is at the center of a missing persons mystery that has enraptured middle Pennsylvania for years.

Ray Gricar served as the district attorney for Pennsylvania's Centre County in 1998 when Sandusky was accused of sexually abusing several boys. After an extensive investigation, which included testimony by two law enforcement officers that they had overheard Sandusky admitting to showering with multiple young boys, Gricar decided no criminal charges would be filed, according to recent court documents. Sandusky retired the next year.
Then, in April 2005, Gricar disappeared.

His car was found abandoned in a Lewisburg, Pa., parking lot and his laptop's harddrive was recovered from the nearby Susquehannna River, but there was no other trace of Gricar. No clues could be gleaned from the severely damaged harddrive and despite a six year investigation that involved the FBI and international help, police have as little an idea today about what happened to the former DA as they did then.

"We literally used every single resource, national and international," Bellefonte, Pa., police chief Shawn Weaver told ABC News today. "This is baffling. He literally just disappeared off the face of the earth."

In July this year, Gricar was officially declared dead, though Weaver said the investigation into his disappearance is ongoing and new leads continue to emerge.

Weaver said that though everyone has a personal theory about what may have happened to Gricar -- from suicide to foul play -- there has been no evidence to support any one of them. The idea that the disappearance could be linked to the Sandusky investigation, Weaver said, is "highly doubtful."
"Obviously if something raises an eye, it's something we'll look at," he said. "Nothing is out of the realm of possibility."

Robert Buehner, the district attorney for nearby Montour County and longtime friend of Gricar's, told ABC News he's convinced Gricar was murdered but said there was "absolutely" no connection to the Sandusky case. Buehner said Gricar was more likely the target of a violent criminal he had prosecuted or was in the midst of prosecuting. He doubted Gricar would have committed suicide or simply ran off because he was happy, financially stable and often talked fondly of his impending retirement.

As to why Gricar did not pursue charges against Sandusky in 1998, Buehner said that Gricar must simply not have had the evidence he needed.

"If you're going to target someone, you really work very hard to be sure you have a case because if you don't, you could end up ruining someone's reputation and livelihood," Buehner said. "If he had the evidence, Ray would not have concerned himself with who the person was."

Sandusky, a former defensive coordinator for the Penn State Nittany Lions, was arrested Saturday and arraigned on 40 criminal counts connected to the alleged sexual abuse of eight boys over a fifteen year period.

Sandusky declined to comment on the accusations to ABC News Monday.
The bouncing ball ...lol!! I read this FF, long before you posted it, and the only thing this proves
to me is that the system failed these boys years ago ...this nightmare should've ended long before this.
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:05 am

AP source: #PennSt football coach Joe Paterno has decided to retire at end of the season -rr
10 minutes ago
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:06 am

I admired Sandusky.
Never looked into his BG to see what might have caused this behavior though?
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo