Page 1 of 4

Whitney Houston Dead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:09 am
by Enigma869

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:16 am
by Don
Her first two albums featured some of the best female vocals I ever heard.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 am
by Duncan
Don wrote:Her first two albums featured some of the best female vocals I ever heard.


Yep, incredible talent.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:26 am
by JohnH
Just got texted this, really sad about this. Loved her in the eighties.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 am
by Rick
That's awful. She was an amazing singer. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:30 am
by Maui Tom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:36 am
by RPM
Very sad news. loved her voice, her 1991 National Anthem set a standard
for how its done, what a shame.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:36 am
by Don
Maui Tom wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df5aaUbRx_s


I remember Marilyn McCoo singing this in the late 70s. Whitney definitely made the song her own though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 am
by Enigma869
Fact Finder wrote:LA reporter @DavidBegnaud tweets: LA County Coroner says Whitney Houston's death has not been reported to our office



Submitted 4 mins ago by editor


According to CNN, her death has been confirmed and that she was found by a close friend at the Beverly Hills Hilton Hotel. According to CNN, Whitney's publicist has also confirmed her death.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 am
by Behshad
Fact Finder wrote:LA reporter @DavidBegnaud tweets: LA County Coroner says Whitney Houston's death has not been reported to our office



Submitted 4 mins ago by editor



They're always couple hours behind. :lol:


RIP Whitney. Bobby Brown is the main cause of your early demise.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:45 am
by Don
And Bobby Brown keeps on rolling.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 am
by TRAGChick
Whitney Houston wrote:"You see somebody, and you deal with their image, that's their image. It's part of them, it's not the whole picture.

I am not always in a sequined gown. I am nobody's angel.
I can get down and dirty. I can get raunchy."


...and I believe that to be true...her image eclipsed her...it was SOO squeaky clean....and by this admission quote, she wasn't.
:arrow: I mean ~ WHO IS - 24/7....? :?

I'm still in shock... :shock: :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:51 am
by Maui Tom
Don wrote:And Bobby Brown keeps on rolling.


literally....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am
by RPM
She was never able to regain the power and range her voice once had,
Clive Davis tried everything to revive her career, but the damage was done.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 am
by slucero
wow...


crack kills.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:58 am
by Don
The production on her debut album was stellar. Listening to it now and it sounds like it could have come out yesterday.
Tomorrow night's Grammy awards program is probably undergoing a major tweak right about now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:12 pm
by Maui Tom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:17 pm
by Ftloperry
Sad news. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 pm
by steveo777
Terrible news and way too young. :cry: She was really great when she was on the top of her career. Good thing the music lives.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:05 pm
by G.I.Jim
Damn... that's all I can say. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 pm
by YoungJRNY
I was actually flicking through the channels and saw it first break on MSNBC. Sad. Her voice reminds me so much of my childhood and her breakthrough as a not only a singer, but a legend for female vocalists. My aunt went to her grave claiming her National Anthem in the Super Bowl was the best rendition she has ever heard and also the best vocalist performances as well.

Anybody who is surprised shouldn't be, though. She was one of the incredible talents left in line for a potential overdose. She was heavy on cocaine and Brown probably wasn't the greatest of influences to side with. R.I.P Whitney Houston.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:04 pm
by artist4perry
Sad. She was such a talented lady. Great voice. :cry:

She is the same age I am right now. :shock: Tomorrow I will have beaten her by one year. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:15 pm
by Don
YoungJRNY wrote:I was actually flicking through the channels and saw it first break on MSNBC. Sad. Her voice reminds me so much of my childhood and her breakthrough as a not only a singer, but a legend for female vocalists. My aunt went to her grave claiming her National Anthem in the Super Bowl was the best rendition she has ever heard and also the best vocalist performances as well.

Anybody who is surprised shouldn't be, though. She was one of the incredible talents left in line for a potential overdose. She was heavy on cocaine and Brown probably wasn't the greatest of influences to side with. R.I.P Whitney Houston.


I was serving overseas at the time and it truly was a memorable moment, sitting in a room with a few dozen other G.I.s far from home, watching her sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QmeEdFOSc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:20 pm
by AR
Sorry anyone died, but I hated her crap.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:34 pm
by FamilyMan
YoungJRNY wrote:I was actually flicking through the channels and saw it first break on MSNBC. Sad. Her voice reminds me so much of my childhood and her breakthrough as a not only a singer, but a legend for female vocalists. My aunt went to her grave claiming her National Anthem in the Super Bowl was the best rendition she has ever heard and also the best vocalist performances as well.

Anybody who is surprised shouldn't be, though. She was one of the incredible talents left in line for a potential overdose. She was heavy on cocaine and Brown probably wasn't the greatest of influences to side with. R.I.P Whitney Houston.


Your aunt was/is exactly right.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 pm
by FamilyMan
Simon Cowell says she they were scheduled to meet Monday for her possibly to be a judge on X Factor.
She could have been this year's Jennifer Lopez. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:24 pm
by Peartree12249
What a sad ending for such a beautiful and talented woman. My thoughts go out to her friends and family especially her daughter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:28 pm
by steveo777
AR wrote:Sorry anyone died, but I hated her crap.


Uncalled for.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:43 pm
by Rip Rokken
artist4perry wrote:She is the same age I am right now. :shock: Tomorrow I will have beaten her by one year. :shock:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:47 pm
by artist4perry
Rip Rokken wrote:
artist4perry wrote:She is the same age I am right now. :shock: Tomorrow I will have beaten her by one year. :shock:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Image


Thank you! In 15 minutes I will be 49! Weird! Sad she died one year younger than me.