OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Jonny B » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 pm

...6 days ago marked the 1st Anniversary of the 2012-2013 thread. So why not? Thought I'd take initiative and post this coming year's NFL thread. Shall we start with pre-draft predictions for our respective divisions?
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Liam » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Good deal. If this didn't happen by next week, I was going to do this. Good job, man.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Liam » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:48 am

The Lions pulled a Journey, and signed a youtube sensation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... atl_hanzus
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby mikemarrs » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Each one of us started off the 2012-2013 by predicting what will happen in our favorite teams division so i will start off predicting the AFC South since my favorite is the Tennessee Titans,Here are my thoughts....

AFC SOUTH:

The surprise team last year in this division were the Indy Colts they were 11-5 when most of the media thought they would not make .500 in Luck's first season.Well i think this season we will see a sophomore jinx out of Luck and the Colts especially since last season Colts had a cupcake schedule and this season having to play the Niners,Seahawks,Bengals,Broncos,Chargers,Texans twice and an improved Titans team twice i think end up 8-8.As far as who wins this division i think it will come down to the Texans and Titans this season.Barwin and Quin are gone from the defense but i don't think that will hurt them much and this year the schedule is much harder for the Texans with them playing the Patriots,Ravens,Broncos,Seahawks,49ers,Chargers plus an improved Titans team twice and Indy Colts twice who they split with last season.I think 10-6 could win this division this year.Now for Tennessee they picked up Andy Levitre in free agency to beef up the Offensive line plus there is a good chance they could pick up Chance Warmack in the draft to further strengthen the line.If Jake Locker struggles the Titans have backup Ryan Fitzpatrick formerly of the Bills.The Titans also picked up RB Shonn Greene from the Jets to help Chris Johnson with the carries.Delanie Walker is a really good tight end Tennessee got in free agency from the 49ers.WR Kevin Walter comes over to Tennessee from the Texans.Sammie Lee Hill was picked up from Detroit to help with defense and to help Titans at safety Bernard Pollard former Ravens and George Wilson of the Bills.I think the Titans will draft a playmaker for the defense.Some of the Titans schedule play the Steelers,Broncos,49ers,Seahawks,Chargers and the Texans twice.As far as Jacksonville they bring in a new regime and still keep Blame Gabbert at QB=FAIL and another losing season.

1.Houston 10-6
2.Tennessee 10-6
3.Indianapolis 8-8
4.Jacksonville 6-10
User avatar
mikemarrs
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Memphis

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Jonny B » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:01 am

I expect it to be business as usual in the AFC East. The Patriots will win, yet again, but it won't come as easy as in previous years. Tom Brady is a year older, there's no Wes Welker, and even the Gronk is looking questionable with a forearm that refuses to heal properly. But the Pats' D is greatly improved, and they have a proven running game. The Pats will be more balanced than in previous years, but that could actually be a step back.....The Buffalo Bills, the one team I can count on to be predictably inconsistent year in and year out, have solidified their QB position. Yes, I believe Kevin 'Corn on the' Kolb is the answer. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries and playing for teams with porous offensive lines...but for the first time since Flutie's departure, I feel the Bills can compete for the division. Even though I believe they'll still come up short. A 10-6 record is a definite possibility....The Dolphins had a surprising run with Ryan Tannehill. They were a tough out in spite of a lack of weapons, and it was pretty much over when he hit the rookie wall. If surrounded with more offensive talent, I think Tannehill could be the most improved of the rookie QBs....My feeling about my Jets this year is the same as last year: They will compete for next year's #1 draft pick. My prediction: Jets have a firesale, get the worst record, fire Rex Ryan, and draft Johnny Manziel next year.

AFC EAST PREDICTION
Patriots (10-6) (Win division on tiebreaker)
Bills (10-6) (Miss the playoffs due to a tiebreaker with wild card teams)
Dolphins (9-7)
Jets (2-14)
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby YoungJRNY » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm very much worried about my Steelers. With Ben hitting his prime years, the offense will go as far as Big Ben takes them. That will pretty much be the case for the next several years in Pittsburgh.

Problem is, Ben gets knocked around repeatedly more than any other QB in the league on average, was taking MUCH less hits last year but yet, it only took one hard hit to the ground, snapping his ribs, missing 3 games in pivotal division showdown matchups (1-2 during that stretch.)

This will be their second year under Haley to work out the kinks from the season prior and the loss of Wallace in this system isn't that big of a blow than many think. Wallace is a go-getter down the field and turns on burners in a straight line.

In Haley's offense, the ball isn't pushed down the field often and that hurt Wallace's production for his body of work. I'm more worried about the injury to Heath Miller than anything and the decision to match Emmanuel Sanders's contract from New England has a deadline at midnight tonight. If we don't match, we get New England's 3rd round draft pick (no.91, very much needed.)

The Steelers have no feature back at the moment and lack a change of pace back on the roster (depending on Sanders, the Steelers could make room for former N.Y Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw.)

What is promising, however, is the offensive line. Their young, talented and could prevail under a zone-blocking scheme we seem to be implementing. Health with that unit is the key factor.

On defense, there's no telling if Jason Worlids has what it takes to replace James Harrison at ROLB but he'll get a shot. Woodley is in need of a serious work ethic adjustment and Polamalu is in his last years of making some type of impact (another injury prone All-Pro.)

The Steelers are in a slight transition period but with solid coaching and All-Pro's like Roethlisberger, Pouncey, Polamalu, Clark and Timmons, they have a shot at the AFC North title as they rebuild their offensive/defensive lines; WR core & RB core.

Baltimore reloaded nicely, but losing 3/4 of the team that got them to the Super Bowl to begin with and the leadership that was lost will be felt. There's no telling if these replacements will play well together after a Super Bowl push with the target on their backs.

Cleveland's defense may be the best in the division in 2013 and Cincinnati is young and lean. Still not sold on Andy Dalton. This will be his third year and usually that third-year mark makes or breaks a young QB with pieces of puzzles being built around him.

Steelers Draft day position predictions:

1.S
2.WR
3.A OLB
3.B (pending Sanders contract) WR
4. RB
5.MLB
6.A CB
6.B TE
7.NT

Pre-draft AFC North predictions:

Baltimore: 10-6
Cincinnati: 9-7
Pittsburgh: 8-8
Cleveland: 6-10
*(Subject to change after NFL Draft/end of FA period.)
Last edited by YoungJRNY on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7000
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:54 am
Location: Krypton

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby No Surprize » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:33 pm

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (6.38 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
Jonny B wrote:I expect it to be business as usual in the AFC East. The Patriots will win, yet again, but it won't come as easy as in previous years. Tom Brady is a year older, there's no Wes Welker, and even the Gronk is looking questionable with a forearm that refuses to heal properly. But the Pats' D is greatly improved, and they have a proven running game. The Pats will be more balanced than in previous years, but that could actually be a step back.....The Buffalo Bills, the one team I can count on to be predictably inconsistent year in and year out, have solidified their QB position. Yes, I believe Kevin 'Corn on the' Kolb is the answer. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries and playing for teams with porous offensive lines...but for the first time since Flutie's departure, I feel the Bills can compete for the division. Even though I believe they'll still come up short. A 10-6 record is a definite possibility....The Dolphins had a surprising run with Ryan Tannehill. They were a tough out in spite of a lack of weapons, and it was pretty much over when he hit the rookie wall. If surrounded with more offensive talent, I think Tannehill could be the most improved of the rookie QBs....My feeling about my Jets this year is the same as last year: They will compete for next year's #1 draft pick. My prediction: Jets have a firesale, get the worst record, fire Rex Ryan, and draft Johnny Manziel next year.

AFC EAST PREDICTION
Patriots (10-6) (Win division on tiebreaker)
Bills (10-6) (Miss the playoffs due to a tiebreaker with wild card teams)
Dolphins (9-7)
Jets (2-14)



The Bills second? Really? I think the Dolphins have made much better moves in the off-season to challenge the patriots and

could make the playoffs. The Patriots, until someone actually takes the division from them will be predicted to win the

division. The Bills second? Really??? Maybe, but I'm not seeing it.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby mikemarrs » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:29 am

James Harrison's unemployment may be coming to an end.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Bengals will try to complete a deal this week with Harrison, the 34-year-old outside linebacker who has spent his entire career with the Steelers.

Harrison met with the Bengals last week, and Cincinnati appears to be the team that has the most interest in him. Harrison hasn’t generated a lot of attention in free agency since turning down a pay cut with the Steelers and getting cut as a result.

The Bengals have been trying to add a veteran linebacker and were also interested in Karlos Dansby, but according to Schefter, Harrison looks like he’s going to be easier (which presumably means cheaper) to sign. Harrison is coming off a 2012 season in which he had 6.0 sacks, his fewest since becoming a starter in 2007.


YOUNGJRNY do you think the Steelers should've kept Harrison?
User avatar
mikemarrs
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Memphis

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Jonny B » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 am

No Surprize wrote:
images.jpeg
Jonny B wrote:I expect it to be business as usual in the AFC East. The Patriots will win, yet again, but it won't come as easy as in previous years. Tom Brady is a year older, there's no Wes Welker, and even the Gronk is looking questionable with a forearm that refuses to heal properly. But the Pats' D is greatly improved, and they have a proven running game. The Pats will be more balanced than in previous years, but that could actually be a step back.....The Buffalo Bills, the one team I can count on to be predictably inconsistent year in and year out, have solidified their QB position. Yes, I believe Kevin 'Corn on the' Kolb is the answer. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries and playing for teams with porous offensive lines...but for the first time since Flutie's departure, I feel the Bills can compete for the division. Even though I believe they'll still come up short. A 10-6 record is a definite possibility....The Dolphins had a surprising run with Ryan Tannehill. They were a tough out in spite of a lack of weapons, and it was pretty much over when he hit the rookie wall. If surrounded with more offensive talent, I think Tannehill could be the most improved of the rookie QBs....My feeling about my Jets this year is the same as last year: They will compete for next year's #1 draft pick. My prediction: Jets have a firesale, get the worst record, fire Rex Ryan, and draft Johnny Manziel next year.

AFC EAST PREDICTION
Patriots (10-6) (Win division on tiebreaker)
Bills (10-6) (Miss the playoffs due to a tiebreaker with wild card teams)
Dolphins (9-7)
Jets (2-14)



The Bills second? Really? I think the Dolphins have made much better moves in the off-season to challenge the patriots and

could make the playoffs. The Patriots, until someone actually takes the division from them will be predicted to win the

division. The Bills second? Really??? Maybe, but I'm not seeing it.


I think Kolb will have an opportunity to thrive now that he'll be on a team that will give him time to throw the ball. (Bills were ranked 10th in Sacks allowed last year, while as the Cards were ranked dead last.) Plus, he's got Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller to hand off to if he struggles. The QB position is the one position that has held the Bills back year after year. With that said, If there's any one year to see if Kolb can be a starter in the NFL, and if there's any one year to anyone to pick the Bills as a dark horse, this is the year.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby AR » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 am

Now I have 2

Image
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
User avatar
AR
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 8495
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:21 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Liam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 am

Schedule may not happen tomorrow....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... lease-date
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Liam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 am

Oops...double post. Well...the schedule is coming out Thursday at 8 ET.
Last edited by Liam on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40 am

The NFL will announce the 2013 regular-season schedule Thursday at 8 p.m. ET, league spokesman Greg Aiello announced through his Twitter account.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12211
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby BigOkieChris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:20 am

Tennessee won't be 10-6....... Jake Locker will be sure of it.

I think the divisions will end up like this:

AFC:

North: Steelers
South: Texans
East: Patriots
West: Broncos
WC: Colts
WC: Bengals

NFC:

North: Vikings (crazy?)
South: Buccaneers
East: Redskins
West: Seahawks
WC: Packers
WC: 49ers

SB: Texans vs Seahawks

Champions: Seahawks

Book it!
BigOkieChris
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby AR » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 am

BigOkieChris wrote:Tennessee won't be 10-6....... Jake Locker will be sure of it.

I think the divisions will end up like this:

AFC:

North: Steelers
South: Texans
East: Patriots
West: Broncos
WC: Colts
WC: Bengals

NFC:

North: Vikings (crazy?)
South: Buccaneers
East: Redskins
West: Seahawks
WC: Packers
WC: 49ers

SB: Texans vs Seahawks

Champions: Seahawks

Book it!


The World Champions not even in the playoffs next year?

Want to make a bet on that?
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
User avatar
AR
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 8495
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:21 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby mikemarrs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 am

To start the regular season Tennessee Titans will go on the road to face the Pittsburgh Steelers

can't wait that will be a great game for both teams to start out 2013
User avatar
mikemarrs
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Memphis

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Liam » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Image
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby mikemarrs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:25 pm

2013 Tennessee Titans Schedule

Image
Last edited by mikemarrs on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mikemarrs
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Memphis

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby YoungJRNY » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:25 pm

I'll be in the house opening day VS the Titans. I promised my father I'd treat him to Steelers opening day every year.

2013 Steelers schedule (which includes a game in London VS the Vikings and heading to Baltimore on Thanksgiving night.)

Image
Image
User avatar
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7000
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:54 am
Location: Krypton

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby DavidWT » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:29 am

As usual, I will start the season by hoping for the Jets to get to the Superbowl.
As usual, I will be disappointed.
Then I will turn to the Giants as my back-up hope.
Then they'll disappoint me, too.
And finally, I'll just spend the remainder of the season hoping the Patriots don't win their 112th Superbowl (or whatever number they're up to now.)
Sigh.
Sometimes it sucks to be a NY football fan.
DavidWT
LP
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Jonny B » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:32 am

DavidWT wrote:As usual, I will start the season by hoping for the Jets to get to the Superbowl.
As usual, I will be disappointed.
Then I will turn to the Giants as my back-up hope.
Then they'll disappoint me, too.
And finally, I'll just spend the remainder of the season hoping the Patriots don't win their 112th Superbowl (or whatever number they're up to now.)
Sigh.
Sometimes it sucks to be a NY football fan.


I would love to see my Jets be relevant in some way, but they were non-existent in free-agency, and they're still trying to unload Darrelle Revis, their last true superstar player of the team. I seriously believe they're all-in to tank and draft Johnny Manziel next year.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Liam » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:47 am

Revis to the Bucs pending physical, for 13th overall pick.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
User avatar
Liam
MP3
 
Posts: 10139
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:54 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby mikemarrs » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 pm

DavidWT wrote:As usual, I will start the season by hoping for the Jets to get to the Superbowl.
As usual, I will be disappointed.
Then I will turn to the Giants as my back-up hope.
Then they'll disappoint me, too.
And finally, I'll just spend the remainder of the season hoping the Patriots don't win their 112th Superbowl (or whatever number they're up to now.)
Sigh.
Sometimes it sucks to be a NY football fan.



Jets just might be one of the worst teams this season.The N.Y. Jets are going to be sending Revis to Tampa and they've also gotten rid of Yeremiah Bell,LaRon Landry,Calvin Pace,Bart Scott,Aaron Maybin,Eric Smith,Sione Pouha,Brandon Moore,Mike Devito and they had basically the best pass defense in the league last year and had one of the league's best defenses the last few seasons.

On offense they've let Keller go to Miami,Greene came here to Tennessee,Braylon Edwards,Chaz Schilens,tackle Jason Smith went to New Orleans,guard Matt Slauson to Chicago.

Thats a lot of roster turnover.As far as Mark Sanchez goes i think if they would've had a different QB they might've went farther both years they went to back to back AFC championship games.They really need to look for someone better at QB because Rex Ryan could lose his job for sticking with Sanchez as long as he has.
User avatar
mikemarrs
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Memphis

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby mikemarrs » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Trading Revis removes the Jets’ best player off their roster. Of course, stranded in salary-cap misery (thanks in no small part to the hefty contract extension Mark Sanchez signed last year), the Jets would have been hard-pressed to keep Revis around beyond 2013.

By dealing away the 13th pick for Revis, the Buccaneers would not have any selections until No. 43 overall. New York, meanwhile, would own three picks before that spot: Nos. 9 and 13 in Round 1 and the eighth pick in Round 2 (No. 39).

How the Jets approach that trio of selections is anyone’s guess. They could use one of those picks to add a cornerback — Dee Milliner, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant or any CBs available at No. 39 could not replace Revis totally, but the chance is there for the Jets to pick up a very talented player for their secondary.

The Jets’ also would like to improve their offensive line, pass rush and playmaking capabilities. So, any of the big three offensive tackles (Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson) could be in play if they get to No. 9, as could defensive ends like Barkevious Mingo or Ziggy Ansah.

And the wild cards in all this are the Jets’ needs are receiver and quarterback. Would they consider WRs Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson in Round 1? Or, in a more headline-grabbing move, could they take a chance on a QB like Geno Smith, Ryan Nassib or E.J. Manuel?

Though Revis’ departure clearly weakens the Jets’ defense for 2013, they have the chance to add three impact players early, in addition to more flexibility in the ’14 draft.
User avatar
mikemarrs
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:44 pm
Location: Memphis

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby collingwood » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:50 am

Can anyone tell me if any team plays in LA?

I am hoping to go to a game when I'm in the states in October, but I'm worried I might miss out. I'm going to San Francisco on the 7th and miss 49ers & Raiders who both play on the 6th. I think when I'm in New York the Giants and Jets play away. I'll arrive there on the 12th and leave on the 19th, come back on the 26th and leave on 31st.

If I can't see an NFL game are there any other options like College games? Not sure how I would look for them.
User avatar
collingwood
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 am

collingwood wrote:Can anyone tell me if any team plays in LA?

I am hoping to go to a game when I'm in the states in October, but I'm worried I might miss out. I'm going to San Francisco on the 7th and miss 49ers & Raiders who both play on the 6th. I think when I'm in New York the Giants and Jets play away. I'll arrive there on the 12th and leave on the 19th, come back on the 26th and leave on 31st.

If I can't see an NFL game are there any other options like College games? Not sure how I would look for them.


L.A. doesn't currently have an NFL team. San Diego does though, which is a 2 hour drive.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby collingwood » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 am

Rick wrote:
collingwood wrote:Can anyone tell me if any team plays in LA?

I am hoping to go to a game when I'm in the states in October, but I'm worried I might miss out. I'm going to San Francisco on the 7th and miss 49ers & Raiders who both play on the 6th. I think when I'm in New York the Giants and Jets play away. I'll arrive there on the 12th and leave on the 19th, come back on the 26th and leave on 31st.

If I can't see an NFL game are there any other options like College games? Not sure how I would look for them.


L.A. doesn't currently have an NFL team. San Diego does though, which is a 2 hour drive.


Yeah I didn't think anyone played out of LA, but thought I'd ask. I'll be in San Diego on the 10th but the Chargers are playing the Raiders on the 6th :(
User avatar
collingwood
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:18 am

collingwood wrote:
Rick wrote:
collingwood wrote:Can anyone tell me if any team plays in LA?

I am hoping to go to a game when I'm in the states in October, but I'm worried I might miss out. I'm going to San Francisco on the 7th and miss 49ers & Raiders who both play on the 6th. I think when I'm in New York the Giants and Jets play away. I'll arrive there on the 12th and leave on the 19th, come back on the 26th and leave on 31st.

If I can't see an NFL game are there any other options like College games? Not sure how I would look for them.


L.A. doesn't currently have an NFL team. San Diego does though, which is a 2 hour drive.


Yeah I didn't think anyone played out of LA, but thought I'd ask. I'll be in San Diego on the 10th but the Chargers are playing the Raiders on the 6th :(


We play football on Sundays, Monday Night and Thursday Night. You need to be in a scheduled NFL city on one of those days with tickets. :wink:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12211
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:25 am

Travis, the Bungs officially put James Harrison in the fold today. With 2 Prime Time Stealers/Bungs games coming up this season I'm getting psyched already, and the Draft is Thursday Night. :P
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12211
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Don » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 am

Rick wrote:
collingwood wrote:Can anyone tell me if any team plays in LA?

I am hoping to go to a game when I'm in the states in October, but I'm worried I might miss out. I'm going to San Francisco on the 7th and miss 49ers & Raiders who both play on the 6th. I think when I'm in New York the Giants and Jets play away. I'll arrive there on the 12th and leave on the 19th, come back on the 26th and leave on 31st.

If I can't see an NFL game are there any other options like College games? Not sure how I would look for them.


L.A. doesn't currently have an NFL team. San Diego does though, which is a 2 hour drive.


Yes we do, they're named the USC Trojans. :lol:
Don
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 24898
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Next

Return to Death By Stereo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests