Re: OFFICIAL 2013-2014 NFL Thread

Postby Liam » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Hawks
Panthers
Pats
Bolts

I was 1-3 on the week last week, btw.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby mikemarrs » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:49 am

Indianapolis
San Diego
Seattle
San Francisco
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:04 am

Enigma869 wrote:
conversationpc wrote:
not to mention how cold it is supposed to be here in Indy this coming weekend, I don't blame the fans.

Um...you do realize that your team plays in a 72 degree domed stadium, right? Sorry dude...but weak argument. Even in pathetic sports cities, playoff games should NEVER have any difficulty being sold out. Hell, those are the cities you would think that the fans would be more hungry. Green Bay is probably the most cold NFL city, and they almost NEVER have an issue selling any game out, so I'm stunned (and disappointed) to see Green Bay on this list.

I wasn't talking about the conditions inside the stadium, dipwad. If you'd seen all the doom and gloom weather reports that were forecasting the worst of the weather to be taking place before gametime, during gametime, and for two days afterwards, you'd have known what I was talking about. I went to the grocery store on Sunday and it looked like someone had predicted the apocalypse and folks had been there to clear out the entire joint. I'm surprised they finally sold the game out because the weather was really bad at gametime, with very slippery road conditions. Most folks stayed home and never ventured out onto the main roads here until Wednesday morning when the temperature finally climbed out of the negative digits.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Enigma869 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:16 pm

conversationpc wrote:
I wasn't talking about the conditions inside the stadium, dipwad. If you'd seen all the doom and gloom weather reports that were forecasting the worst of the weather to be taking place before gametime, during gametime, and for two days afterwards, you'd have known what I was talking about. I went to the grocery store on Sunday and it looked like someone had predicted the apocalypse and folks had been there to clear out the entire joint. I'm surprised they finally sold the game out because the weather was really bad at gametime, with very slippery road conditions. Most folks stayed home and never ventured out onto the main roads here until Wednesday morning when the temperature finally climbed out of the negative digits.

I don't live in Miami, "dipwad", so I know all about shitty weather. I live in it 6 months out of every year! My opinion doesn't change. Especially in cities that play in a stadium that's 72 degrees, regardless of the outside temperature. I don't care if it's minus 20 outside!
Last edited by Enigma869 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
John from Boston
Enigma869
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Enigma869 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:16 pm

Seattle
Denver
San Francisco
New England
John from Boston
Enigma869
Digital Audio Tape

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:05 am

Enigma869 wrote:
conversationpc wrote:

I don't live in Miami, "dipwad", so I know all about shitty weather. I live in it 6 months out of every year! My opinion doesn't change. Especially in cities that play in a stadium that's 72 degrees, regardless of the outside temperature. I don't care if it's minus 20 outside!

Wow,dude...Calm down. If you can dish it out like you do, you should be able to take a little. Calm down...It's OK. Breathe in and out...Count to 10. :lol:
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNY » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:18 pm

9'ers
Saints
Broncs
Pats
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby No Surprize » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 am

I just hope the 3 princess's go home this weekend. I hate catering.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNY » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:22 am

The Pats are the hardest team in football to predict, but yet, not. This Pats team, on paper, would look to get annihilated but yet, find a few clutch plays up their sleeves to pull a game out.Indy is more talented than this Pats team but can they keep it together? Luck is as promosing as it gets but Brady doesnt blink in any situation. Dudes a murderer. Have to take Brady in everyone of these contests where its up in the air.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby slucero » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:35 am

Brady's already looking like he'll put up 50 points tonight...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNY » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Colts run-D a bunch of pussies. I said a few pages ago that Luck and the Colts better be careful. You cant come 28 back against a Patriots team that does everything but beat themselves. 43 points without Brady throwing a single TD.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Enigma869 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:06 am

YoungJRNY wrote:The Pats are the hardest team in football to predict, but yet, not. This Pats team, on paper, would look to get annihilated but yet, find a few clutch plays up their sleeves to pull a game out.Indy is more talented than this Pats team but can they keep it together? Luck is as promosing as it gets but Brady doesnt blink in any situation. Dudes a murderer. Have to take Brady in everyone of these contests where its up in the air.

This Patriots team has stunned me all season long. I have no idea how this team has won this season. Every other team with half of these injuries just packed it in, and went home. If Denver wins today (as I think they will), I'm taking Denver next week. That said, this is the greatest coaching job ever pulled off in the NFL. This team has ZERO right being a number two seed, given that they have a whole lot of guys playing who nobody has ever heard of! I get that people hate the Patriots (teams who win are ALWAYS hated). But, I just really admire the way this team does things. Brandon Spikes was placed on Injured Reserve by Belichick because he missed a practice last week, and Belichick was forced to roll into last night's game with Dane Fletcher (who has already been cut this season). I've enjoyed the season and will enjoy one more week. Good luck to the four teams today. I still like Denver and San Francisco and am heavily beginning to lean toward that being the Super Bowl matchup. I don't really love Wilson or Kaepernick, but really like how San Francisco is playing right now.

One final thing...In spite of that loss, it is REALLY good to be a Colts fan. Mark my words...Luck will be the best QB in the entire NFL, within the next 5 years. He's already the best QB under the age of 30 in the entire league. I understand that he made mistakes last night, but I REALLY love this kid's game, his mental makeup, and maturity. He's simply made to play QB in the NFL! Colts fans should be soooooo thankful that they've gone from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck, which to me is the equivalent of going from Joe Montana to Steve Young! I will be STUNNED if Luck doesn't win a Super Bowl or three.
John from Boston
Enigma869
Digital Audio Tape

Postby slucero » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:09 am

congrats to the 9ers again... they went and took it.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:19 am

Good win today. They had me worried early. NFC West in the Super Bowl. That's as it should be this year. Next week is the hardest game to date for this group. Just glad we get the shot.
Last edited by Memorex on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby mikemarrs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:29 am

Just checked my predictions on page 8 at the beginning of the season and i have the AFC championship game correct which is Broncos/Patriots and i had half of the NFC championship game right with Seattle but got the opponent wrong because i had Washington instead of San Francisco.In the Super Bowl i predicted Denver vs. Seattle
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNY » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:54 am

mikemarrs wrote:Just checked my predictions on page 8 at the beginning of the season and i have the AFC championship game correct which is Broncos/Patriots and i had half of the NFC championship game right with Seattle but got the opponent wrong because i had Washington instead of San Francisco.In the Super Bowl i predicted Denver vs. Seattle

Pretty spot on. I had the same in the NFC with the Seahawks in the NFC Title game but had the Saints instead of San Fran and had NO VS Denver in the SB.

I had the Chiefs/Broncs in the AFC Title game. I would have picked the Colts last week VS the Chiefs but switched it because I stay true to my predictions as long as possible. I thought Seattle would win VS the Saints yesterday but went with the Saints because I had them in the SB.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNY » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Divisional Pick'EM results:

Memorex: 4-0
John From Boston: 4-0
------------
YoungJRNY: 3-1
------------
mikemarrs: 2-2
-----------
Liam 1-3
Fact Finder 1-3

Total thus far:

Memorex: 6-2
--------------

YoungJRNY: 5-3

--------------
Jonny B: 4-4
John From Boston: 4-4

--------------

Liam: 3-5
mikemarrs: 3-5

--------------

Fact Finder: 1-7
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby slucero » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Looks like this SB is shaping up to be "pocket passing QB's" VS. "running QB's"

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Enigma869 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:00 pm

slucero wrote:Looks like this SB is shaping up to be "pocket passing QB's" VS. "running QB's"

That's not even really the news to me. The bigger story will be a team that plays zero defense versus a team that plays superb defense! If you truly believe that defense wins championships, the NFC will be winning the Lombardi Trophy this season.
John from Boston
Enigma869
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Memorex » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:50 am

Two very difficult games to pick. The first one I'll make easy by choosing my team, of course. The second, I'm sure I'll be back and forth on it all week.

Niners
Broncos
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:21 am

Hard to pick either match-up. On paper, and against all odds, Tom Brady is once again in the AFC title game, and with probably the least talented offense he's had since...well, the last time Peyton Manning beat him for a Super Bowl berth back in '06. The Pats' strong running game falls into the strength of Denver's #7 ranked run defense, and I think that will be the difference....Seattle and San Fran are mirror images of each other. Strong running games, strong defenses. Whoever pushes the other harder will win.

I picked Seattle vs. Denver in the Super Bowl. In spite of what my instincts are telling me, that's what I'm sticking with.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby No Surprize » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:03 am

From the very beginning I picked San Fran to win it all and I stick by it. Russell Wilson has no legit receiver unless Percy Harvin can play sunday. If not, who's his #1 receiver? Doug Baldwin? LOL, fuck me. Golden Tate? I don't think so. San Fran only needs to contain Wilson (he's gonna get some), load the box and force Baldwin & Tate to get open. They won't be able to. On the AFC side of the field, the Patriots are just playing better football and Belicheat is a better coach, period.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Enigma869 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:46 pm

I'll jump on the bandwagon, and get my picks in early.

San Francisco versus Seattle - I'm really growing to hate San Francisco (and for the record, I LOVED them during the Bill Walsh years). Harbaugh is a whiny, little bitch, who cries about EVERYTHING (for the record, I think he's an outstanding coach), and I probably hate Kaepernick's act even more. The guy acts like he's some former gang member who grew up on the streets of Compton, when in reality, he's from fucking Wisconsin! I don't particularly like either QB in this game. I do think this game simply comes down to the fact that San Francisco is the better team. They're probably the best 5th seeded team, EVER! I know everyone thinks Seattle simply can't lose at home. I don't agree. I like San Francisco in this one, and there isn't even any back and forth for me on this pick.

Denver versus New England - Easily Belichick's greatest coaching job ever. I've been baffled all season long by how this team somehow manages to win games, with a roster that most NFL coaches wouldn't go .500 with. This Denver team is absolutely STACKED! It's the greatest offense in the history of the NFL, and Peyton can throw a TD, whenever he feels like throwing one. This Patriots defense is VERY suspect, and their passing offense is VERY limited (really, nobody to throw to, beyond Edelman...who was a QB in college). The Patriots have not been a good road team this season (every game they lost was on the road), and they NEVER play well in Denver. The other interesting thing about this game is that I can't remember the last time the Patriots even had to play a road playoff game (I believe it was 2006 against the Colts, which they lost), or the last time they were a playoff underdog (and I believe they're close to a full TD underdog in this game). I just don't like this matchup for the Patriots, with a roster full of replacement players. Peyton is on a mission this season, and I just don't see him losing this game. Denver by 4.
John from Boston
Enigma869
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Liam » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 pm

KNEW I forgot to post predictions over here too. Oh well... I went 2-2 last week.

Hawks
Broncos this week.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby Enigma869 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:19 am

Fact Finder wrote:Gimme the Pats and Hawks please.

You might be the only guy in America picking the Patriots! Hell, the people in Boston aren't even picking the Patriots in this one!
John from Boston
Enigma869
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Liam » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:35 pm

The Pats are on fire...I'll give them that. But I see the Broncos takin' it by 1 or 2 points.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Enigma869 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Is it Sunday yet?
Attachments
NFLMeme.jpg
NFLMeme.jpg (65.84 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
John from Boston
Enigma869
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Liam » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:35 am

YoungJRNY wrote:Divisional Pick'EM results:

Liam: 3-5

Whattdya know....I DID pick on here last week. LOL
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby mikemarrs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 am

San Francisco and Denver are my picks this week to win....
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara