OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 am

The NFL has zeroed in on a New England Patriots locker room attendant who allegedly took the AFC Championship Game balls from the officials' locker room to another area on the way to the field, Fox Sports reported, citing sources.

According to Fox Sports, the league has interviewed him and has video.

The league is still gauging if any wrongdoing occurred, but he is a strong person of interest, according to the report.

espn.go.com
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 am

If Tim Brown doesn't get into the HOF this year, the Pro football HOF will officially become a bigger joke than the ROR HOF.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Entertaining Superbowl- (minus the halftime show) So many twists...
Seattle trying an inside pick at the 1 yard line on 2nd down and a timeout was one of the most boneheaded play I think I have even seen.

Congrats NE
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Marshawn Lynch had 102 yards at that point and had just run the ball 5 yards.. and you don't give him the ball again on the 1/2 yard line??

Derrell Bevel... soon to be Ex O.C. at Seattle... stupidest play call ever...

Xmas just came early for NE...
Last edited by slucero on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:31 pm

I know I've posted this before, but it deserves re-reading.

http://www.thefixisin.net/theproof.html
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby No Surprize » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Unfuckingbelievable. Your 2nd and goal from the one yard line. Your team has "The Beast" in the backfield who has over 100 yards already, after a timeout at that, and you throw a pass into the most congested part of the field? Motherfucker Jim Brown that will go down as the biggest fuck up in super bowl history. Seattle had might as well gift wrapped and presented the BeliCheats with the Lombardi Trophy prior to the play. If I was Paul Allen, the fuck up who made that call wouldn't have made it out of the state of Arizona with his job intact. I can imagine 150 million people who were watching at home, at a bar, etc all had the same reaction when that play happen. WTF!
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:00 am

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE
1h
Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel enters rehab facility - @MaryKayCabot
read more on cleveland.com
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:59 am

No Surprize wrote:Unfuckingbelievable. Your 2nd and goal from the one yard line. Your team has "The Beast" in the backfield who has over 100 yards already, after a timeout at that, and you throw a pass into the most congested part of the field? Motherfucker Jim Brown that will go down as the biggest fuck up in super bowl history. Seattle had might as well gift wrapped and presented the BeliCheats with the Lombardi Trophy prior to the play. If I was Paul Allen, the fuck up who made that call wouldn't have made it out of the state of Arizona with his job intact. I can imagine 150 million people who were watching at home, at a bar, etc all had the same reaction when that play happen. WTF!

Truly baffling from all angles. The pick wasn't shocking. That was a great break and a great/easy read on the football. It was easily telegraphed. Good for the undrafted rookie to get that job done. The call itself will go down as the worst call in Super Bowl history. It's not even close. Givin' the situation and who you are/what got you there and neglecting it to win a SB is absurd and truly as shocking as it gets from a football; logical standpoint to anyone who has ever followed or understands the game.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 am

what's even more galling is that both HC Carroll and OC Bevell have said they "liked the matchups"... good lord..

Lockette is a speedster... not a physical, technique guy... he's the LAST WR you want on a quick slant that requires technique and physicality..

stupid, stupid call..

I'd be really surprised if Carroll hasn't lost some of his locker room because of this... and even more surprised if Bevell is still the OC next season.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:24 am

FOOTBALL
1h
NFL reportedly considering Internet-only broadcast of 1 regular-season 2015 game - @washingtonpost
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby No Surprize » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Fact Finder wrote:FOOTBALL
1h
NFL reportedly considering Internet-only broadcast of 1 regular-season 2015 game - @washingtonpost

Who really gives a fuck? After that super bowl play to end the game, I'm really starting to believe that it's becoming like the WWF. Choreographed & planned from the start. And what's fucking unbelievable, the NFL is about to deliver a major penalty upon the Cleeveland Browns for an executive who tweeted during the game. Really motherfuckers? A fine, suspension, draft picks? LOL. But the fucking Pats, the darling of the NFL, who fucking cheat every which way possible to gain an edge gets swept under the rug and a slap on the hand. And don't tell me about the 500,000 fine they incurred for one. That's chump change to an NFL owner. Let's just keep the bottom feeders where they are, no one really cares. You know, as I get older, I'm really, really getting less interested in sports in general and the ungodly overpaid, thuggish attitudes, shoved down your fucking throat media darling's, former players being in studio host who speak ghetto, etc.,,etc. It's just a congested shit sandwich IMO.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:24 am

No Surprize wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:FOOTBALL
1h

Who really gives a fuck? After that super bowl play to end the game, I'm really starting to believe that it's becoming like the WWF. Choreographed & planned from the start. And what's fucking unbelievable, the NFL is about to deliver a major penalty upon the Cleeveland Browns for an executive who tweeted during the game. Really motherfuckers? A fine, suspension, draft picks? LOL. But the fucking Pats, the darling of the NFL, who fucking cheat every which way possible to gain an edge gets swept under the rug and a slap on the hand. And don't tell me about the 500,000 fine they incurred for one. That's chump change to an NFL owner. Let's just keep the bottom feeders where they are, no one really cares. You know, as I get older, I'm really, really getting less interested in sports in general and the ungodly overpaid, thuggish attitudes, shoved down your fucking throat media darling's, former players being in studio host who speak ghetto, etc.,,etc. It's just a congested shit sandwich IMO.

It absolutely is all rigged. It has been for years now. And it's NOT just the mafia tampering with games. It's the leagues themselves staging the games the way that the WWF and all of those pro-wrestling leagues did/do.

Give these a read.....

http://www.thefixisin.net/

http://www.thefixisin.net/theproof.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_16588_7- ... fixed.html

http://thefixisin.net/bstrong.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3896 ... -are-fixed
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:21 am

How I'm feeling this fine off season as a Niner fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np9tBI7_nq8
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:10 am

York and Balke can't seem to get out of their own way...

One thing struck me though.... could it be this is all planned? That maybe York is actually planning something like selling the team?

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:27 pm

slucero wrote:York and Balke can't seem to get out of their own way...

One thing struck me though.... could it be this is all planned? That maybe York is actually planning something like selling the team?

To sell something, wouldn't it have to have a value?
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:22 am

bout damn time..

FOOTBALL
1h
NFL confirms team owners have voted to suspend TV blackouts for 1 year - @CNBCnow
see original on twitter.com
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby slucero » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Memorex wrote:
slucero wrote:York and Balke can't seem to get out of their own way...

To sell something, wouldn't it have to have a value?

The value is the stadium and the PSL's... and revenue sharing in the NFL makes it a lucrative business regardless...

Having a big payroll isn't a positive.. so long term, high value contracts aren't as desirable, at least from a business standpoint. The majority of the FA's they've been signing are old, and at the point in their careers where their production falls off the table. Dockette is a great example.. he's 33 years old, just had knee surgery, and in this 11th year.. statistically at the end point of his production.

The 9ers biggest challenge is that after this off-season they've gotten older as a team.. Consider last year they were ranked the 27th oldest team in the NFL (out of 32 teams)... and Seattle OTOH, was ranked 6th. So he truth is the team is getting older.. and likely less competitive.

Firing Harbaugh and his staff shaved $30 Million off the payroll alone..

I think something else is afoot.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:53 am

Just thinking that with the extra weapons the Colts signed for Andrew Luck, their shot at winning the AFC South is not a sure-win. Houston is going to be scary with Wilfork collapsing the middle and JJ Watt rushing the edge. Clowney is going to get a lot of one-on-ones and have ample opportunities to live up to his #1 pick status. Texans will have the best front 7 in Football.

The AFC East is going to be more evenly matched next year. The 'Fins, Bills, and Jets all made tremendous upgrades in an effort to down the Pats, who as per the usual did nothing but let people go in free agency. But still, age notwithstanding, Brady is still the best QB in that division, that is, if his offensive line can fend off the likes of Suh, Richardson, and Williams twice in the season. He'll have to earn it next year.

Seattle trading for Jimmy Graham was the shocker of Free Agency. That 1 yard slant just got a whole lot easier to complete.

Just as shocking to see Nick Foles traded to the Rams. If he stays healthy, they could be a strong contender for the wild card.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby No Surprize » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:58 am

The Rams ALWAYS find a way to fuck up Christmas! Rest assured next year will be no exception. Wilfork is not the dominate nose guard of 5 years ago, but if Clowney stays healthy, Houston will be tough on opposing QB's. That's a BIG "IF" on Clowney. Houston's problem is they can't score. Can't score, can't win. I agree with Graham. Man, New Orleans are going in the wrong direction if you ask me. I don't give a damn though, never cared to even watch them with the exception of Graham and his talent.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Death By Stereo