OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby slucero » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:10 am

York and Balke can't seem to get out of their own way...

One thing struck me though.... could it be this is all planned? That maybe York is actually planning something like selling the team?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:27 pm

slucero wrote:York and Balke can't seem to get out of their own way...

One thing struck me though.... could it be this is all planned? That maybe York is actually planning something like selling the team?

To sell something, wouldn't it have to have a value?
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Memorex wrote:
slucero wrote:York and Balke can't seem to get out of their own way...

To sell something, wouldn't it have to have a value?

The value is the stadium and the PSL's... and revenue sharing in the NFL makes it a lucrative business regardless...

Having a big payroll isn't a positive.. so long term, high value contracts aren't as desirable, at least from a business standpoint. The majority of the FA's they've been signing are old, and at the point in their careers where their production falls off the table. Dockette is a great example.. he's 33 years old, just had knee surgery, and in this 11th year.. statistically at the end point of his production.

The 9ers biggest challenge is that after this off-season they've gotten older as a team.. Consider last year they were ranked the 27th oldest team in the NFL (out of 32 teams)... and Seattle OTOH, was ranked 6th. So he truth is the team is getting older.. and likely less competitive.

Firing Harbaugh and his staff shaved $30 Million off the payroll alone..

I think something else is afoot.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:53 am

Just thinking that with the extra weapons the Colts signed for Andrew Luck, their shot at winning the AFC South is not a sure-win. Houston is going to be scary with Wilfork collapsing the middle and JJ Watt rushing the edge. Clowney is going to get a lot of one-on-ones and have ample opportunities to live up to his #1 pick status. Texans will have the best front 7 in Football.

The AFC East is going to be more evenly matched next year. The 'Fins, Bills, and Jets all made tremendous upgrades in an effort to down the Pats, who as per the usual did nothing but let people go in free agency. But still, age notwithstanding, Brady is still the best QB in that division, that is, if his offensive line can fend off the likes of Suh, Richardson, and Williams twice in the season. He'll have to earn it next year.

Seattle trading for Jimmy Graham was the shocker of Free Agency. That 1 yard slant just got a whole lot easier to complete.

Just as shocking to see Nick Foles traded to the Rams. If he stays healthy, they could be a strong contender for the wild card.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby No Surprize » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:58 am

The Rams ALWAYS find a way to fuck up Christmas! Rest assured next year will be no exception. Wilfork is not the dominate nose guard of 5 years ago, but if Clowney stays healthy, Houston will be tough on opposing QB's. That's a BIG "IF" on Clowney. Houston's problem is they can't score. Can't score, can't win. I agree with Graham. Man, New Orleans are going in the wrong direction if you ask me. I don't give a damn though, never cared to even watch them with the exception of Graham and his talent.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara