OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby AR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:27 am

That was the end of Dennis Pita's career. Bank on it.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:29 am

AR wrote:That was the end of Dennis Pita's career. Bank on it.

The ugliest ones are the ones with no contact. Weakness in the knee and multiple tears will about do it for a career.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:23 am

Brownies looked legit. Happy for them. They are not far off. Ravens were lucky to get out of there with a "W"

Not a fan of Johnny "Football" though. Hope Hoyer remains their guy and Manziel eats a bag of dicks like Ryan Leaf.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:22 am

AR wrote:Brownies looked legit. Happy for them. They are not far off. Ravens were lucky to get out of there with a "W"

Not a fan of Johnny "Football" though. Hope Hoyer remains their guy and Manziel eats a bag of dicks like Ryan Leaf.

Yeah, they are tough. They are basically missing one piece and it's Josh Gordon.

Backed off my Arizona pick once I saw Stanton was starting. Outside of Seattle and...and...and..

...this league is wide open.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Joey Porter= LAWLS.

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Fact Finder wrote:The Dallas Cowboys plan to bring Michael Sam to Dallas for a physical Wednesday, per team source; if all goes well, Sam will be a Cowboy - @AdamSchefter

see original on twitter.com

And on the practice squad? He would be an improvement to the defense, starting.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby TageRyche » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:09 pm

The pass interference call on the Patriots at the end of their game against the Raiders was pure BS. The Raiders receiver was the one who had his hands all over and then pulled down the Patriots player.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:55 am

THERE'S NO DIVING IN................football?

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:20 am

Fact Finder wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Outside of Seattle and...and...and..

...this league is wide open.

Ummm, Cincinnati! :wink:

Thru 3 games the Bungs have trailed for all of 47 seconds. #1 in SI Power rankings and #1 in USA Today. This team is for real and barring major injuries look to make a real nice run.

Agreed. Outside of Denver, San Diego and Cincy, right now, the AFC is wide open and average. Lets not get too far ahead. I still think The Red Rifle (my girl called him the "Red Ranger" the other day, lawls) isn't all that great and to me, gives off that Romo-vibe. He'll win games and be the best quarterback to win for his team, but ultimately not win anything when it's all said and done.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Thank you Tampa Bay! :D

If the trend will continue, that means you'll be saying "thank you" to Jacksonville and Houston soon as well because the Steelers can't beat shithole teams. Which means they'll probably blow teams like Cincy out by 35....easily.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:11 am

DAMN YOU COLTS! You ruined my chance for a perfect legendary epic GOOSE EGG fail! :evil:

But seriously, I give up. This year has got me completely baffled and confused. I'll still make picks but it looks as though if I don't go on a multi-week hot streak, I'll pretty much be out of contention.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:53 am

I'm still seething at myself from last week. My ESPN Pickem's looked great. I was happy as hell with that. Only 2 losses. It's my money-poll at work where I fucked up. Usually, I always make my Pickem's online first and then just compare my Pickem's to my money poll and circle the teams. Well, I got lazy and rushed out the door and circled the teams I thought I had and turned it in. On my ESPN Pickem's, I took Detroit over Green Bay but on my money poll, I circled Green Bay for some reason and that ended up being the game where I totally fucked up and lost out on $105. Still pissed.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

damn.. Brady got pulled!

Chiefs looked good.. gonna be a good game against the 9ers next week

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:31 am

slucero wrote:damn.. Brady got pulled!

Brady had a shitty night but his gestures, or lacktherof, towards the rookie QB throwing his first official NFL pass was about as shitty as his performance on the field.

Seriously, everybody went up to Garoppolo including lead-clown Gronkowski to congratulate the kid, who is obviously the future, BUT Brady. The only reason why this irks me (and I'm the farthest from a Pats fan as you can get) is because when Brady took sole possession of the starting job from the veteran Drew Bledsoe in 2001, Bledsoe totally supported Brady and did everything he could to help Tom in every way.

Hell, even in the tunnel at the Super Bowl against the Rams, Brady was seen yelling at Bledsoe "THIS IS FOR YOU!" Wonder why you dedicated that Super Bowl to Bledsoe, Tom? Probably because he was a leader to a young quarterback and didn't act like such a sourpuss. What an ass.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:53 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
slucero wrote:damn.. Brady got pulled!

Brady had a shitty night but his gestures, or lacktherof, towards the rookie QB throwing his first official NFL pass was about as shitty as his performance on the field.

Seriously, everybody went up to Garoppolo including lead-clown Gronkowski to congratulate the kid, who is obviously the future, BUT Brady. The only reason why this irks me (and I'm the farthest from a Pats fan as you can get) is because when Brady took sole possession of the starting job from the veteran Drew Bledsoe in 2001, Bledsoe totally supported Brady and did everything he could to help Tom in every way.

Hell, even in the tunnel at the Super Bowl against the Rams, Brady was seen yelling at Bledsoe "THIS IS FOR YOU!" Wonder why you dedicated that Super Bowl to Bledsoe, Tom? Probably because he was a leader to a young quarterback and didn't act like such a sourpuss. What an ass.

Sometimes I wonder if the Pats ownership made the supporting cast around Brady less talented to nudge him out the door sooner? I think they know Jimmy G. can potentially be the real deal. I think it would make an ironic twist if Brady's career ended with an injury where he loses his starting job in favor of the younger rookie. It could happen if that O-Line doesn't get it's act together.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:45 am

Jesus fucking CHRIST I swear I sent through my Pick'EM's on like Tuesday and saved it. Goddammit. That's how I shit the bed last year. Christ I fucking suck at pushing the damn save button.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby DavidWT » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:06 am

I'm starting to suspect that the Jets MIGHT not make it to the Super Bowl this year. :(
DavidWT
LP

Postby TageRyche » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:24 am

Did the Bengals talk about Tom Brady's momma before the game? Because for some reason, the Patriots just whipped their ass like nobody's business.

Where's that offense been for the Patriots since the start of the season?
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:16 am

49ers Fans Fight Over Bathroom Stall (VIDEO)

Posted By Erin Sherbert
http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2014/ ... tall-video
Mon, Oct 6, 2014

fight2.png It's been well-documented in the recent past that football fans, specifically 49ers fans, aren't always the most composed.

And now more evidence is circulating the blogosphere today which shows two men who were arrested after getting into a brutish brawl inside the men's restroom at Levi Stadium yesterday afternoon.

49ers vs Chiefs brawl in bathroom. Man with potential brain damage.

http://youtu.be/f4lNez7NV1w
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:59 am

tater1977 wrote:49ers Fans Fight Over Bathroom Stall (VIDEO)

Posted By Erin Sherbert
http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2014/ ... tall-video
Mon, Oct 6, 2014

fight2.png It's been well-documented in the recent past that football fans, specifically 49ers fans, aren't always the most composed.

And now more evidence is circulating the blogosphere today which shows two men who were arrested after getting into a brutish brawl inside the men's restroom at Levi Stadium yesterday afternoon.

49ers vs Chiefs brawl in bathroom. Man with potential brain damage.

http://youtu.be/f4lNez7NV1w

At least I didn't have to endure any "should have stuck with Alex Smith" comments this week.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:49 am

5 weeks in and no undefeated teams left. Ho hum to parity. :(

The Pats looked really pissed after killing Cincy. Are they going to start blowing teams out again?
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 am

Parity in the NFL has steam rocketed towards relevance. No good team is safe and no bad team is out for the count that's for sure. A different league compared to a few years ago without a doubt. Other than Seattle and Denver looking like the league's most consistent teams week in and week out, everybody else can beat anybody.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:15 am

If the Pats can continue playing with the fire they did against the Bengals... they look pretty tough..

The go to Buffalo, then have 3 games at home against the Jets, Bears & Broncos..

could be a good 4 games for them.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:57 pm

slucero wrote:If the Pats can continue playing with the fire they did against the Bengals... they look pretty tough..

The go to Buffalo, then have 3 games at home against the Jets, Bears & Broncos..

The only good thing for the Pats is that they can play like dogshit for a good portion of the season and still win that division anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. That AFC East continues to suck major fucking balls.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:48 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
slucero wrote:If the Pats can continue playing with the fire they did against the Bengals... they look pretty tough..

The only good thing for the Pats is that they can play like dogshit for a good portion of the season and still win that division anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. That AFC East continues to suck major fucking balls.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they finished 10-6 or even as good as 11-5.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:28 am

Fact Finder wrote:Travis, you ok? :P

Cause now I'm not.... :evil: :evil: :twisted:

4 fucking hours of football for a damn tie...ugh!

LOL, I'm fine my man. The Browns are a very, very confident and tough football team. Highly competitive. The Steelers are practically all over the place so the way things shook out today, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's a trend that's been in the spotlight here in Pittsburgh the last few seasons and things aren't being corrected so as of right now, I understand this Steelers team are who they are. An average; subpar .500 team that is struggling to find out who they are. Hopefully they can find their stride in the coming weeks but just like last season, it could be a little too late when all said and done.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby DavidWT » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:15 am

Sigh. My agony as a Jets fan continues.
Before the game started, I said to my friend, "The Pats will probably just destroy the Jets, so I'm going into this with zero expectations. I'll just see it as a sick joke. The worst thing that could happen is that the Jets come within a field goal of winning, and then can't seal the deal. But, realistically, they won't get anywhere close to that. It'll probably be another shut out."
And then it happened... they came within a field goal of winning, and couldn't seal the deal.
Sigh.
DavidWT
LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:53 am

Kudos to the Jets for showing up and responding. Though they lost, that was an exceptional performance. First time ever I've seen Gino Smith feeling it all night long. He made some tough throws and kept his feet alive. I know there are no moral victories in football, but if there was ever one, the Jets definitely had a moral victory in this one. The Jets offense kind of reminded me of the Steelers in the redzone. Redzone penalties crushed them. Pittsburgh has that same problem. Great game. Finally, a Thursday Nighter worth watching.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby DavidWT » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:19 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Kudos to the Jets for showing up and responding. Though they lost, that was an exceptional performance. First time ever I've seen Gino Smith feeling it all night long. He made some tough throws and kept his feet alive. I know there are no moral victories in football, but if there was ever one, the Jets definitely had a moral victory in this one. The Jets offense kind of reminded me of the Steelers in the redzone. Redzone penalties crushed them. Pittsburgh has that same problem. Great game. Finally, a Thursday Nighter worth watching.

True. As agonizing as it was for me to watch, I'm still glad that they put up a good fight.
It's just soooo frustrating at this point. They keep letting games slip away from them. When the played the Packers, they dominated throughout most of the first half, and then fell asleep. When they played the Broncos, I expected them to be destroyed, but they were only down by a touchdown in the 4th quarter, until Geno's desperate throw in the final seconds, which was intercepted and returned for a Broncos' TD, making the final score look more one-sided than the game really was. And now against the Pats, they had their best chance yet to finally come away with an upset, and they STILL couldn't do it.

Their schedule gets a bit easier now, I think, but it's probably too late to have any hopes of reaching the playoffs, even if they miraculously win out the rest of the season (which won't happen.)

As a Jets fan, I get very used to saying this: "Maybe next year...."
DavidWT
LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:52 am

DavidWT wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Kudos to the Jets for showing up and responding. Though they lost, that was an exceptional performance. First time ever I've seen Gino Smith feeling it all night long. He made some tough throws and kept his feet alive. I know there are no moral victories in football, but if there was ever one, the Jets definitely had a moral victory in this one. The Jets offense kind of reminded me of the Steelers in the redzone. Redzone penalties crushed them. Pittsburgh has that same problem. Great game. Finally, a Thursday Nighter worth watching.

True. As agonizing as it was for me to watch, I'm still glad that they put up a good fight.
It's just soooo frustrating at this point. They keep letting games slip away from them. When the played the Packers, they dominated throughout most of the first half, and then fell asleep. When they played the Broncos, I expected them to be destroyed, but they were only down by a touchdown in the 4th quarter, until Geno's desperate throw in the final seconds, which was intercepted and returned for a Broncos' TD, making the final score look more one-sided than the game really was. And now against the Pats, they had their best chance yet to finally come away with an upset, and they STILL couldn't do it.

Their schedule gets a bit easier now, I think, but it's probably too late to have any hopes of reaching the playoffs, even if they miraculously win out the rest of the season (which won't happen.)

As a Jets fan, I get very used to saying this: "Maybe next year...."

I hear yah, man. It's what makes the sport of football so amazing. Football is full of cliche's, but it's a sport to where ALL are true. Football is a game of momentum and situation. Literally inches. Like last night, I really thought with N.E taking that T.O instead of taking the delay of game was going to come back to haunt them, especially with the Jets offense moving the ball quite well all night. Every second in football counts, even if it's a half of second and N.Y almost pulled it off with no timeouts and that extra second N.E gave them could have been the difference between defeat and pulling off the upset.

It's just a game of inches in every sense of the word and a game where good teams WAIT to pounce on the others mistake and that's what the Jets were a culprit of last night. They played good enough to win, but mistakes cost them (like that safety coming up and biting on that first touchdown pass of the night. Hell, players at the high school level don't make those simple mistakes. If I was Rex, I would have had a heartattack right there.)
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara