OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Jonny B » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:49 am

5 weeks in and no undefeated teams left. Ho hum to parity. :(

The Pats looked really pissed after killing Cincy. Are they going to start blowing teams out again?
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 am

Parity in the NFL has steam rocketed towards relevance. No good team is safe and no bad team is out for the count that's for sure. A different league compared to a few years ago without a doubt. Other than Seattle and Denver looking like the league's most consistent teams week in and week out, everybody else can beat anybody.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby slucero » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:15 am

If the Pats can continue playing with the fire they did against the Bengals... they look pretty tough..

The go to Buffalo, then have 3 games at home against the Jets, Bears & Broncos..

could be a good 4 games for them.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


~Albert Einstein
User avatar
slucero
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5428
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:57 pm

slucero wrote:If the Pats can continue playing with the fire they did against the Bengals... they look pretty tough..

The go to Buffalo, then have 3 games at home against the Jets, Bears & Broncos..

could be a good 4 games for them.


The only good thing for the Pats is that they can play like dogshit for a good portion of the season and still win that division anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. That AFC East continues to suck major fucking balls.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby conversationpc » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:48 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
slucero wrote:If the Pats can continue playing with the fire they did against the Bengals... they look pretty tough..

The go to Buffalo, then have 3 games at home against the Jets, Bears & Broncos..

could be a good 4 games for them.


The only good thing for the Pats is that they can play like dogshit for a good portion of the season and still win that division anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. That AFC East continues to suck major fucking balls.


I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they finished 10-6 or even as good as 11-5.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
User avatar
conversationpc
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 17821
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 am
Location: Slightly south of sanity...

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:39 am

Travis, you ok? :P


Cause now I'm not.... :evil: :evil: :twisted:

4 fucking hours of football for a damn tie...ugh!
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13188
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:28 am

Fact Finder wrote:Travis, you ok? :P


Cause now I'm not.... :evil: :evil: :twisted:

4 fucking hours of football for a damn tie...ugh!



LOL, I'm fine my man. The Browns are a very, very confident and tough football team. Highly competitive. The Steelers are practically all over the place so the way things shook out today, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's a trend that's been in the spotlight here in Pittsburgh the last few seasons and things aren't being corrected so as of right now, I understand this Steelers team are who they are. An average; subpar .500 team that is struggling to find out who they are. Hopefully they can find their stride in the coming weeks but just like last season, it could be a little too late when all said and done.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby DavidWT » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:15 am

Sigh. My agony as a Jets fan continues.
Before the game started, I said to my friend, "The Pats will probably just destroy the Jets, so I'm going into this with zero expectations. I'll just see it as a sick joke. The worst thing that could happen is that the Jets come within a field goal of winning, and then can't seal the deal. But, realistically, they won't get anywhere close to that. It'll probably be another shut out."
And then it happened... they came within a field goal of winning, and couldn't seal the deal.
Sigh.
DavidWT
LP
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:53 am

Kudos to the Jets for showing up and responding. Though they lost, that was an exceptional performance. First time ever I've seen Gino Smith feeling it all night long. He made some tough throws and kept his feet alive. I know there are no moral victories in football, but if there was ever one, the Jets definitely had a moral victory in this one. The Jets offense kind of reminded me of the Steelers in the redzone. Redzone penalties crushed them. Pittsburgh has that same problem. Great game. Finally, a Thursday Nighter worth watching.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby DavidWT » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:19 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Kudos to the Jets for showing up and responding. Though they lost, that was an exceptional performance. First time ever I've seen Gino Smith feeling it all night long. He made some tough throws and kept his feet alive. I know there are no moral victories in football, but if there was ever one, the Jets definitely had a moral victory in this one. The Jets offense kind of reminded me of the Steelers in the redzone. Redzone penalties crushed them. Pittsburgh has that same problem. Great game. Finally, a Thursday Nighter worth watching.


True. As agonizing as it was for me to watch, I'm still glad that they put up a good fight.
It's just soooo frustrating at this point. They keep letting games slip away from them. When the played the Packers, they dominated throughout most of the first half, and then fell asleep. When they played the Broncos, I expected them to be destroyed, but they were only down by a touchdown in the 4th quarter, until Geno's desperate throw in the final seconds, which was intercepted and returned for a Broncos' TD, making the final score look more one-sided than the game really was. And now against the Pats, they had their best chance yet to finally come away with an upset, and they STILL couldn't do it.

Their schedule gets a bit easier now, I think, but it's probably too late to have any hopes of reaching the playoffs, even if they miraculously win out the rest of the season (which won't happen.)

As a Jets fan, I get very used to saying this: "Maybe next year...."
DavidWT
LP
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:52 am

DavidWT wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Kudos to the Jets for showing up and responding. Though they lost, that was an exceptional performance. First time ever I've seen Gino Smith feeling it all night long. He made some tough throws and kept his feet alive. I know there are no moral victories in football, but if there was ever one, the Jets definitely had a moral victory in this one. The Jets offense kind of reminded me of the Steelers in the redzone. Redzone penalties crushed them. Pittsburgh has that same problem. Great game. Finally, a Thursday Nighter worth watching.


True. As agonizing as it was for me to watch, I'm still glad that they put up a good fight.
It's just soooo frustrating at this point. They keep letting games slip away from them. When the played the Packers, they dominated throughout most of the first half, and then fell asleep. When they played the Broncos, I expected them to be destroyed, but they were only down by a touchdown in the 4th quarter, until Geno's desperate throw in the final seconds, which was intercepted and returned for a Broncos' TD, making the final score look more one-sided than the game really was. And now against the Pats, they had their best chance yet to finally come away with an upset, and they STILL couldn't do it.

Their schedule gets a bit easier now, I think, but it's probably too late to have any hopes of reaching the playoffs, even if they miraculously win out the rest of the season (which won't happen.)

As a Jets fan, I get very used to saying this: "Maybe next year...."


I hear yah, man. It's what makes the sport of football so amazing. Football is full of cliche's, but it's a sport to where ALL are true. Football is a game of momentum and situation. Literally inches. Like last night, I really thought with N.E taking that T.O instead of taking the delay of game was going to come back to haunt them, especially with the Jets offense moving the ball quite well all night. Every second in football counts, even if it's a half of second and N.Y almost pulled it off with no timeouts and that extra second N.E gave them could have been the difference between defeat and pulling off the upset.

It's just a game of inches in every sense of the word and a game where good teams WAIT to pounce on the others mistake and that's what the Jets were a culprit of last night. They played good enough to win, but mistakes cost them (like that safety coming up and biting on that first touchdown pass of the night. Hell, players at the high school level don't make those simple mistakes. If I was Rex, I would have had a heartattack right there.)
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Jonny B » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:01 am

DavidWT wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Kudos to the Jets for showing up and responding. Though they lost, that was an exceptional performance. First time ever I've seen Gino Smith feeling it all night long. He made some tough throws and kept his feet alive. I know there are no moral victories in football, but if there was ever one, the Jets definitely had a moral victory in this one. The Jets offense kind of reminded me of the Steelers in the redzone. Redzone penalties crushed them. Pittsburgh has that same problem. Great game. Finally, a Thursday Nighter worth watching.


True. As agonizing as it was for me to watch, I'm still glad that they put up a good fight.
It's just soooo frustrating at this point. They keep letting games slip away from them. When the played the Packers, they dominated throughout most of the first half, and then fell asleep. When they played the Broncos, I expected them to be destroyed, but they were only down by a touchdown in the 4th quarter, until Geno's desperate throw in the final seconds, which was intercepted and returned for a Broncos' TD, making the final score look more one-sided than the game really was. And now against the Pats, they had their best chance yet to finally come away with an upset, and they STILL couldn't do it.

Their schedule gets a bit easier now, I think, but it's probably too late to have any hopes of reaching the playoffs, even if they miraculously win out the rest of the season (which won't happen.)

As a Jets fan, I get very used to saying this: "Maybe next year...."


All is not lost. We just got Percy Harvin from Seattle.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... -york-jets

He probably won't help much. But maybe he'll give us Jets fans a reason to watch through another agonizing season.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 am

Totally forgot about the early Pick'EM Lions/Falcons game. Liked the Falcons.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby DavidWT » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:24 am

I'm now at the point where I think the Jets might as well just lose every game for the rest of the season. There's no way they're going to the playoffs, or even have a semi-respectable record, so they might as well go for getting the top draft pick.

Besides, winning only 1 game in the entire season is at least kind of funny and memorable, whereas winning 3 or 4 games is just forgettable (I mean, I still remember the Rich Kotite years, but I have have forgotten a lot of the mediocre years since then.)
DavidWT
LP
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Memorex » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:34 am

DavidWT wrote:I'm now at the point where I think the Jets might as well just lose every game for the rest of the season. There's no way they're going to the playoffs, or even have a semi-respectable record, so they might as well go for getting the top draft pick.

Besides, winning only 1 game in the entire season is at least kind of funny and memorable, whereas winning 3 or 4 games is just forgettable (I mean, I still remember the Rich Kotite years, but I have have forgotten a lot of the mediocre years since then.)


The Raiders have a lock on the number one pick. :)
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Jonny B » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:34 am

DavidWT wrote:I'm now at the point where I think the Jets might as well just lose every game for the rest of the season. There's no way they're going to the playoffs, or even have a semi-respectable record, so they might as well go for getting the top draft pick.

Besides, winning only 1 game in the entire season is at least kind of funny and memorable, whereas winning 3 or 4 games is just forgettable (I mean, I still remember the Rich Kotite years, but I have have forgotten a lot of the mediocre years since then.)


Tell you honestly, I thought the Jets were going to have this kind of year, last year.

The difference has been the defense. The Jets have always struggled to score points, and the turnovers certainly never helps any defense when they have to defend a short field....But Rex Ryan's defensive playbook relies on a shutdown corner to take away part of the field, and because Dee Milliner isn't cutting it as a suitable replacement for Cromartie nor Revis, the Jets are on pace for giving up a touchdown a game more than last year. Those few extra points have been the difference between winning and losing. I don't think it would matter, even if the offense wasn't turning the ball over. The Jets just aren't good this year.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:38 am

Still not sure why I went with the Giants last night? Had the Colts my poll. Working 7 days is mind fucking me lmao.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Jonny B » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:40 am

I'm a little shocked that after the season I'm having that I came out as the high man last week. I guess I'm allowed to be lucky once in awhile. 8) Gonna need at least 4 or 5 more like that to catch up with you guys.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Jonny B » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Still not sure why I went with the Giants last night? Had the Colts my poll. Working 7 days is mind fucking me lmao.


After the way the Colts got lambasted by Pittsburgh, I certainly didn't expect the Colts to bounce back the way they did.

Speaking of....The Steelers are looking like the favorite now, aren't they? Rothlisburger is on a tare. Back-to-back 6 TD performances? Insane.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Memorex » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:15 am

I'm just glad the NFL season is finally over this year and I can focus on Thanksgiving and Christmas. :roll:
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:37 am

Jonny B wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Still not sure why I went with the Giants last night? Had the Colts my poll. Working 7 days is mind fucking me lmao.


After the way the Colts got lambasted by Pittsburgh, I certainly didn't expect the Colts to bounce back the way they did.

Speaking of....The Steelers are looking like the favorite now, aren't they? Rothlisburger is on a tare. Back-to-back 6 TD performances? Insane.


The season is actually playing out the way most Steelers fans thought it would. We knew it was going to take atleast half-season for the defense to start to come together judging by the changes and turnover-rate at high profile positions. We have dealt with some key injuries the last few weeks but the defense is starting to gel. They aren't dominant by any means, but they are starting to force more turnovers and get pressure on QB's. They have been playing with attitude lately so hopefully they continue to get better.

It's the Steelers offense we are seeing now that I expected to see out the gates and we just didn't get it from the first half of the season. We knew they needed to carry the team so the defense can get their feet under them and from the start, the offense had all the potential to do so. They started slow at first, but the offense is finally performing the way we envisioned. Now, with the offense coming alive and the defense getting better and better, the team is starting to play very well at the right times. We'll see if they ride this momentum.


It seems like my response to your 4-12 Steelers prediction is playing itself out:

Steelers at 4-12? :shock: Good God. Not only is Haley's system coming around, but he's doing what big bad Bruce Arians NEVER did for his best friend at quarterback and that's give Big Ben keys to the no huddle attack (something Ben has pleaded and pleaded for since his 3rd year in the NFL) which the Steelers will use practically as one of their base offense's.

They installed the no huddle only within' the second half of the 2013 season and the Steelers, as a team, started piling up wins, yards and points, tying the AFC's best second half record at 6-2.

The defense is in full transition and the entire team upgraded with youth and speed practically all over the place. The defense may need time to come around but the Steelers as an offense has a chance to be tops in the league and score with anybody.

I have the Steelers at 9-7 but remain skeptical in how they come out of the gates this season. 4-12 is insane to me. With the talent they have and with Roethlisberger still playing at a high level, the Steelers are good for 8 wins at their worst. Bell and Blount may not get suspended from the NFL, but I know Tomlin probably will enforce one and it will probably be only a game apiece. No big deal.

You're giving Brian Hoyer and a bunch of nobodies (no Josh Gordon; No Nate Burleson) 3 more wins over a potent Roethlisberger/Antonio Brown connection, which could be a top 3 quarterback/receiver tandem in not only the AFC North, but the NFL as well.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:55 am

This thread is fucking DEAD!

Image

LeVeon Bell is a special runner. I mark out every time Bell uses that jab-step and he uses it ALOT in his holster of moves. He's so fun to watch. It's almost like the space continuum slows down for a split second and Bell's Spidey-sense clicks in for that split moment, picks his holes and accelerates at a different speed that throws off the defense's timing.

'Dat jab-step d'ough! Freaking beautiful.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby slucero » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:04 pm

dayum..

Image

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


~Albert Einstein
User avatar
slucero
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5428
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Jonny B » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:03 am

I haven't been around much other than to pick games. This year's been a wash. I'm so far behind now that I would need a string of perfect weeks just to even have a shot at catching up with the rest of you.

How about them NFC South? Pretty sad. 6 wins might win that division. :lol:
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
User avatar
Jonny B
8 Track
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Maine

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Memorex » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:29 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:This board is fucking DEAD!


Fixed it for you.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:51 am

Punk:

Image
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:58 am

Check your pickems guys, apparently the Bills/Jets game needs re-picked since it was postponed and moved to Detroit. I got an email heads up and sure enough it had become un-picked.
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13188
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:09 am

Fucking Atlanta is stoOpid. Good grief! :twisted:
Once you’ve read the dictionary, everything else you read is just a remix.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13188
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby conversationpc » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:27 am

conversationpc wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
slucero wrote:If the Pats can continue playing with the fire they did against the Bengals... they look pretty tough..

The go to Buffalo, then have 3 games at home against the Jets, Bears & Broncos..

could be a good 4 games for them.


The only good thing for the Pats is that they can play like dogshit for a good portion of the season and still win that division anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. That AFC East continues to suck major fucking balls.


I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they finished 10-6 or even as good as 11-5.


OK...14-2? LOL :lol:
My blog = Dave's Dominion
User avatar
conversationpc
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 17821
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 am
Location: Slightly south of sanity...

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby conversationpc » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:30 am

Fact Finder wrote:Check your pickems guys, apparently the Bills/Jets game needs re-picked since it was postponed and moved to Detroit. I got an email heads up and sure enough it had become un-picked.


Nice of them to let us know...I can't change my pick now since the game's already started. :evil:
My blog = Dave's Dominion
User avatar
conversationpc
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 17821
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 am
Location: Slightly south of sanity...

PreviousNext

Return to Earmuffs For The Blind

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests