Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:34 am

Abitaman wrote:Just got back from seeing again for the third time, and noticed something else that I overlooked the other times. The ping ping sound Luther is making at the end of the movie is actually the sound of the mother box, never noticed it before, it gets better each time I see it.


Rock 'n roll! It gets better every time. Anything you liked less/more based on your subsequent viewings?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5010
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:35 am

Abitaman wrote:Just got back from seeing again for the third time, and noticed something else that I overlooked the other times. The ping ping sound Luther is making at the end of the movie is actually the sound of the mother box, never noticed it before, it gets better each time I see it.


That's a great catch Abitman and you're exactly right. Many people who complained about Man of Steel said the same thing. Some movies tend to get better with multiple viewings and are created to be seen more than once. I agree this is one of those movies that plays better on the 2nd; 3rd viewing. I'll be going a 5th time with my mother Friday.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:24 pm

Dropped another 54% for only $23 million in its 3rd weekend. At least it made $3 million more than MOS did on its 3rd weekend. It's on much the same trajectory though.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7679
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Saw Hardcore Henry. Pretty much sucks. Visually interesting, but plot is a mess. The first person gimmick was done better in Maniac starring Elijah Wood. At one point, Sharlto Copley does a musical number and you can't help but roll your eyes. The tone is just all over the place. The movie was the equivalent of watching a Microsoft Windows screen saver. Still, I must say, it was far more entertaining than Batman vs. Superman.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 12418
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Suicide Squad is going to be "alley"!

New Suicide Squad trailer debut at the MTV movie awards. Superman; Batman referenced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AwUdTIbA8I


Image
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:16 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Saw Hardcore Henry. Pretty much sucks. Visually interesting, but plot is a mess. The first person gimmick was done better in Maniac starring Elijah Wood. At one point, Sharlto Copley does a musical number and you can't help but roll your eyes. The tone is just all over the place. The movie was the equivalent of watching a Microsoft Windows screen saver. Still, I must say, it was far more entertaining than Batman vs. Superman.


Dude. I cannot believe you went and paid good money to see that. :lol: I'm not going anywhere NEAR that mess! More entertaining?! Come onnnnn!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5010
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:19 am

RedWingFan wrote:Dropped another 54% for only $23 million in its 3rd weekend. At least it made $3 million more than MOS did on its 3rd weekend. It's on much the same trajectory though.


The trajectory to them releasing the 183-minute cut into theaters! :)
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5010
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby Abitaman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:35 am

verslibre wrote:
Abitaman wrote:Just got back from seeing again for the third time, and noticed something else that I overlooked the other times. The ping ping sound Luther is making at the end of the movie is actually the sound of the mother box, never noticed it before, it gets better each time I see it.


Rock 'n roll! It gets better every time. Anything you liked less/more based on your subsequent viewings?

Things I like better on the 3rd viewing...The Martha thing was a little laughable the first time i saw it, but I get it now, and Zach went to great pains to set it up, I just did not catch it the first time.
Lex gets better every time I see it, really better. I thought he was ok first viewing and could see where they were going, now it is obvious with how they are handling him, and I like it. He is rather brilliant in the way he is played!
I notice more and more how kick ass the final fight is. There is so much going on, I made myself pay attention to the back ground this time, and holy crap, Wonder Woman is kicking butt.
I took a friend from church, who has not seen it and has heard good and bad about it. He did not want to go because of all the bad reviews, I told him if he did not like it, I would pay for his ticket. He walked out loving it!!!
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4580
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 pm
Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby Abitaman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:37 am

There was a couple of things that on the 3rd viewing I disliked

1) you can tell their was more in the movie and that a good deal was cut, can not wait for the extended cut.

2) ok only 1 thing.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4580
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 pm
Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:27 am

Abitaman wrote:I notice more and more how kick ass the final fight is. There is so much going on, I made myself pay attention to the back ground this time, and holy crap, Wonder Woman is kicking butt.


Yeah, she really throws down. I hope we see more of that in her movie.

Abitaman wrote:I took a friend from church, who has not seen it and has heard good and bad about it. He did not want to go because of all the bad reviews, I told him if he did not like it, I would pay for his ticket. He walked out loving it!!!


Oh, yeah! :mrgreen:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5010
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:59 am

Abitaman wrote:There was a couple of things that on the 3rd viewing I disliked

1) you can tell their was more in the movie and that a good deal was cut, can not wait for the extended cut.

2) ok only 1 thing.


Did you catch her with her legs open on the ground ( :twisted: ) enjoying the hell out of herself? What a fierce bitch! I love 'er. She would of faught Doomy all day; even without Supe's sacrifice. She started to lose grip, though towards the end since Doomsday was only getting stronger. The Lasso of Truth moment was BtotheA.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:31 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5010
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:07 pm



Yeah, isn't it about time to start a new thread, or change the name of this one? BvS is essentially dead now.
User avatar
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9428
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:06 pm

I was going to do one soon. With JLP1 starting production, I'll make A DCEU thread to go with the Marvel one and we can put all films in there.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:55 am

http://collider.com/batman-v-superman-deleted-scenes-directors-cut/

“There’s a little bit of action, there’s a little bit of violence that we trimmed out for the MPAA that we put back. The Batman warehouse rescue, there’s a couple shots of Doomsday that were too intense. Then there’s a little bit longer ending, sort of the ending sequence, and the opening of the movie, the North Africa sequence is really much different.”
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5010
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Previous

Return to Death By Stereo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest