Where's Rip Rokken?

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Where's Rip Rokken?

Postby scarygirl » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:01 am

Hey guys! I was just thinking, where is Rip? Is he okay? I just looked and his last post was in November 2013. We have had some great conversations in the past. I am sure he is fine, but just wondering.....

Why do I feel like I have posted this topic before? Alzheimer's I guess.
scarygirl
Stereo LP

Re: Where's Rip Rokken?

Postby steveo777 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:19 pm

He's fine. I've seen him around Facebook, in fact, I do believe he attended a Journey concert recently.
steveo777
MP3

Postby YoungJRNY » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Where's ..uhhh...everybody lol. 8)
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby portland » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 pm

I was thinking the same thing re: Gunbot aka Don.....and yes it's been quiet around this place for awhile now.
What's left After You Fall?.....A Cover Band?
portland
Compact Disc

Postby AR » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:39 am

No worries. Sooner or later people come out of their shell.

AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby conversationpc » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:58 am

steveo777 wrote:He's fine. I've seen him around Facebook, in fact, I do believe he attended a Journey concert recently.

That's pretty much a given. If it's happening the U.S. somewhere, chances are that Rip will be there. :lol:
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby steveo777 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Let's try something.................

Dokken!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
steveo777
MP3

Postby YoungJRNY » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:16 pm

The good 'ol days aren't coming back around here. Though, I'm forever glad to witness this place at its PEAK. Most of the best internet and real-life experiences came from the aurora of this board and meeting some one of a kind friends along the ride. 2006-'08/'09 was pure craziness to put it lightly.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby artist4perry » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:53 am

You have to say it three times...Dokken, Dokken...DOKKEN! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
artist4perry
MP3

Location: Running around in the vast universe that is my imagination. Send help!

Postby JohnH » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Dokken's bassist Sean was at my Sunday gig in Venice this week. That was totally cool and I did connect with him from the stage , he was giving me thumbs out and rocking out behind the stage. Wasn't 100 per cent sure it was him till I checked his twitter and he favorited my tweet to him about it. It's cool too , I had talked to him at his Burning Rain gig we went to in Vegas and held up my left hand saying I'm a bass player also.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby scarygirl » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:43 am

:D :D
artist4perry wrote:You have to say it three times...Dokken, Dokken...DOKKEN! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
scarygirl
Stereo LP

Postby Rip Rokken » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:42 pm

scarygirl wrote::D :D
artist4perry wrote:You have to say it three times...Dokken, Dokken...DOKKEN! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, for goodness sakes... I tried so hard to break the power of this mantra, but I find myself bound by the laws of magic.

How are you doing?

Rip Rokken
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rick » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Rip Rokken wrote:

Oh, for goodness sakes... I tried so hard to break the power of this mantra, but I find myself bound by the laws of magic.

How are you doing?

Thank god! We were worried shitless! :lol: :lol: :lol: Scary was worried for sure. :)
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby scarygirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm

I am good! I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I think about a lot of you from time to time. Meaning, collective people on this board, not "a lot of you."

Rip Rokken wrote:

How are you doing?

Last edited by scarygirl on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scarygirl
Stereo LP

Postby scarygirl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Well since Steve Perry just broke the "first seal." :shock: Glad to see everybody! :lol:

Rick wrote:
Rip Rokken wrote:

How are you doing?

Thank god! We were worried shitless! :lol: :lol: :lol: Scary was worried for sure. :)
scarygirl
Stereo LP

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 am

YoungJRNY wrote:The good 'ol days aren't coming back around here. Though, I'm forever glad to witness this place at its PEAK. Most of the best internet and real-life experiences came from the aurora of this board and meeting some one of a kind friends along the ride. 2006-'08/'09 was pure craziness to put it lightly.

Agreed. 2007-2008 was the pinnacle around here. All downhill after that. However, it's still GREAT to get together with everyone, even though we don't spend all day everyday talking here (which is actually for the best - I'm not sure how I ever got anything done before!). This place gave me the best friend I'll ever have though, and many other great friends as well, along with a LOT of laughs, so I'll always feel like I want to check back in and see what's doin'. 8)

Hi Rick!! :D
bluejeangirl76
MP3

Postby Rip Rokken » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:18 pm

bluejeangirl76 wrote:
YoungJRNY wrote:The good 'ol days aren't coming back around here. Though, I'm forever glad to witness this place at its PEAK. Most of the best internet and real-life experiences came from the aurora of this board and meeting some one of a kind friends along the ride. 2006-'08/'09 was pure craziness to put it lightly.

Agreed. 2007-2008 was the pinnacle around here. All downhill after that. However, it's still GREAT to get together with everyone, even though we don't spend all day everyday talking here (which is actually for the best - I'm not sure how I ever got anything done before!). This place gave me the best friend I'll ever have though, and many other great friends as well, along with a LOT of laughs, so I'll always feel like I want to check back in and see what's doin'. 8)

It's not the same, but it's ok... those were great times, but I agree, they often got in the way of real life. Some of the friendships are eternal though. I may only see peeps like BJG and Rhibillie once every 5 years now, but it will always be a pleasure.
Rip Rokken
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rick » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:44 pm

bluejeangirl76 wrote:

Howdy, sweetness!
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:53 am

Rip Rokken wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:

It's not the same, but it's ok... those were great times, but I agree, they often got in the way of real life. Some of the friendships are eternal though. I may only see peeps like BJG and Rhibillie once every 5 years now, but it will always be a pleasure.

Hey! I've NEVER met you in person. Hit the Indy area sometime, will ya?!?! 8)
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby artist4perry » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:45 am

Rip Rokken wrote:

How are you doing?

Good! LOL That magic worked. At least a more pleasant person appeared than those who shall not be named. You know where to find me if you need to. Keeping busy and had back surgery last year...I am doing great though...not ready to move mountains but feeling a lot stronger!
artist4perry
MP3

Location: Running around in the vast universe that is my imagination. Send help!

Return to Death By Stereo