Conspiracy theorists?

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Conspiracy theorists?

Postby conversationpc » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:23 am

Anyone else out there know about or deal with people you'd consider to be a conspiracy theorist? I have a couple of friends who are good people but it seems like they believe every freaking conspiracy theory that there is.They believe 9/11 was a conspiracy, the moon landing, FEMA camps, Boston Marathon bombing was a hoax, etc., etc., etc. What's even more frustrating is if you show them evidence that refutes one of their pet conspiracies, they tell you the source is "controlled" or, like in the case of the Newtown school shootings, that the witnesses were "crisis actors". In one instance, they post a picture supposedly showing the same woman at three different crises, saying she's a crisis actor but, as it turns out, it's actually three different women, all with verified real names. They won't even accept that...They just howl that you're being duped, you're blind, or that you just need to trust God more. Give me a break. These people are impossible to deal with.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Re: Conspiracy theorists?

Postby ebake02 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:28 am

I'm not trying to be biased or anything but I've noticed that FoxNews, especially Sean Hannity, likes to peddle a lot of that garbage.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:36 am

conversationpc wrote:Anyone else out there know about or deal with people you'd consider to be a conspiracy theorist? I have a couple of friends who are good people but it seems like they believe every freaking conspiracy theory that there is.They believe 9/11 was a conspiracy, the moon landing, FEMA camps, Boston Marathon bombing was a hoax, etc., etc., etc. What's even more frustrating is if you show them evidence that refutes one of their pet conspiracies, they tell you the source is "controlled" or, like in the case of the Newtown school shootings, that the witnesses were "crisis actors". In one instance, they post a picture supposedly showing the same woman at three different crises, saying she's a crisis actor but, as it turns out, it's actually three different women, all with verified real names. They won't even accept that...They just howl that you're being duped, you're blind, or that you just need to trust God more. Give me a break. These people are impossible to deal with.

Yeah dude, my nieces husband is certifiable when it come to airplane contrails (chemtrails), flouride in the water, and other such nonsense. He's got all kind of BS to spew about all kinds of shit. He was here Father's Day and started in on how cops can't legally write speeding tickets for some BS reason. I ignore the dude like the plague when possible. I Hate people like that.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 am

conversationpc wrote:Anyone else out there know about or deal with people you'd consider to be a conspiracy theorist? I have a couple of friends who are good people but it seems like they believe every freaking conspiracy theory that there is.They believe 9/11 was a conspiracy, the moon landing, FEMA camps, Boston Marathon bombing was a hoax, etc., etc., etc. What's even more frustrating is if you show them evidence that refutes one of their pet conspiracies, they tell you the source is "controlled" or, like in the case of the Newtown school shootings, that the witnesses were "crisis actors". In one instance, they post a picture supposedly showing the same woman at three different crises, saying she's a crisis actor but, as it turns out, it's actually three different women, all with verified real names. They won't even accept that...They just howl that you're being duped, you're blind, or that you just need to trust God more. Give me a break. These people are impossible to deal with.

I like open minded people and think it is your patriotic duty to question the government/media, but yea, there are alot of cranks out there. One dude I know casually from my gym (who has alternatively claimed to be a doctor, a forensics expert, a mortician, a pro body builder etc etc) says he has a top secret military clearance and can show people the "real" footage of 9/11 on his laptop. Oh, and he claimed that he carried people out the towers on that day, and heard/saw the bombs going off. What a stupid and disrespectful asshole. I bet he wasn't even in NY. Nice guy, but he def. has some sort of Waltery Mitty sociopathic disorder.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby majik » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:02 pm

I enjoy a good conspiracy theory its facinating to hear what the mind can come up with that others will fully believe. What if truth is just another conspiracy, truth cannot be said and only words can tell lies. Believe Nothing ! now that is an open mind.
majik
LP

Postby ebake02 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:11 am

I've heard a few times that colleges are really indoctrination centers, the more I read about it the more ridiculous it sounded. :roll:
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:22 am

ebake02 wrote:I've heard a few times that colleges are really indoctrination centers, the more I read about it the more ridiculous it sounded. :roll:

That is true, I have 2 daughters that prove it. Maddening really.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 pm

ebake02 wrote:I've heard a few times that colleges are really indoctrination centers, the more I read about it the more ridiculous it sounded. :roll:

No they just harbor pedophiles.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby artist4perry » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:52 am

I found your friend a cat...pets help I hear. :lol: :lol: :lol:

artist4perry
MP3

Location: Running around in the vast universe that is my imagination. Send help!

Postby conversationpc » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:29 pm

ebake02 wrote:I'm not trying to be biased or anything but I've noticed that FoxNews, especially Sean Hannity, likes to peddle a lot of that garbage.

To be fair, and I'm not a Sean Hannity fan, he doesn't even touch on the kind of conspiracy theories I'm talking about.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby steveo777 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:00 pm

There is valid argument for some of the so called conspiracy theories, others not so much. So I'll start with the ones that are clearly false, then move on to the ones that could potentially be true.

No our government did not fly planes into the WTC. My sister works for AA and lost some co-workers.

FEMA camps - no way. Keep in mind that everyone that would be potentially targeted probably has a friend or relative who works in government. So this is bullshit.

Here are some that I personally think are plausible:

Obama applied for financial aid as a foreign student, hence his records all being sealed by court order.

Obama is using a social security number issued to a person who is no longer living. WHY?

The numbers on Obama's selective service registration card do not match the font that was in use during that era.

The birth certificate that was displayed on the White House website is a computer generated PDF file, which has many layers and can be taken apart, things moved around, etc. Is there a real, legitimate one? Maybe. Why has it never been offered to congress to pass around and see, as well as to be examined by experts for it's authenticity? It would be pretty simple, yet has never been done. Donald Trump even offered $50 million to go to Obama's favorite charity if he produced the document. So far Obama has refused to do so. The only people who don't want to disclose the truth, are those with something to hide.
steveo777
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:47 pm

steveo777 wrote:The birth certificate that was displayed on the White House website is a computer generated PDF file, which has many layers and can be taken apart, things moved around, etc. Is there a real, legitimate one? Maybe. Why has it never been offered to congress to pass around and see, as well as to be examined by experts for it's authenticity? It would be pretty simple, yet has never been done. Donald Trump even offered $50 million to go to Obama's favorite charity if he produced the document. So far Obama has refused to do so. The only people who don't want to disclose the truth, are those with something to hide.

The issue real or not is a dead one. No one is going to go down that road.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:50 pm

Boomchild wrote:
steveo777 wrote:The birth certificate that was displayed on the White House website is a computer generated PDF file, which has many layers and can be taken apart, things moved around, etc. Is there a real, legitimate one? Maybe. Why has it never been offered to congress to pass around and see, as well as to be examined by experts for it's authenticity? It would be pretty simple, yet has never been done. Donald Trump even offered $50 million to go to Obama's favorite charity if he produced the document. So far Obama has refused to do so. The only people who don't want to disclose the truth, are those with something to hide.

People are going there, law enforcement is going there. If you don't believe it, listen to my link. It's coming to a head very soon. We have law enforcement officers and investigators on this case. Sane men are investigating.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/breaki ... rtificate/
steveo777
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:46 pm

steveo777 wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

People are going there, law enforcement is going there. If you don't believe it, listen to my link. It's coming to a head very soon. We have law enforcement officers and investigators on this case. Sane men are investigating.

While I am sure there may be people still digging, I doubt anything will come of it. I doubt you would see a real attempt at impeachment. Not to mention how corrupt this administration and our government seems to be. They can come up with or forge just about anything these days.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:39 pm

The truth is out there and we will probably not know it until all have left the White House. Truth, told, would probably collapse the entire country, send markets reeling, and cause anarchy. So, yes, the cat turds need to be kept buried in the sand box. Now what?
steveo777
MP3

Postby slucero » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:43 am

GDP just printed at -2.9.... which (in a normal economy) should have sent the markets tumbling.. yet the markets were up today 41 points (prolly on the realization that the FED will now have to slow the QE taper)...

everything is upside down..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:08 am

slucero wrote:GDP just printed at -2.9.... which (in a normal economy) should have sent the markets tumbling.. yet the markets were up today 41 points (prolly on the realization that the FED will now have to slow the QE taper)...

everything is upside down..

They are blaming the slow growth on the harsh winter we had yet somehow Canada grew at +1.5%.. :lol:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:51 am

steveo777 wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

Good lord, that conspiracy theory and dead and buried. Take the tin foil off your head and come back to the real world. :roll:
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:11 pm

ebake02 wrote:Good lord, that conspiracy theory and dead and buried. Take the tin foil off your head and come back to the real world. :roll:

Truth or fiction, at this point it's like grasping at straws. Even if this was true, with how this played out in the media people wouldn't even believe it at this point. This is a waste of time in my opinion.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Death By Stereo