Steve Walsh to leave Kansas...

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Steve Walsh to leave Kansas...

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 am

conversationpc wrote:
Yoda wrote:I love Elefante's voice, and I agree, if he had accepted the invitation back, it would things a little more credibility. However, I'm willing to give this Ronnie Platt (sorry I was thinking Pratt for some reason) a chance. He does have a very good voice. I don't think stage presence is a big thing for Kansas. Back in the old days, Walsh used to do handstands on his keyboard - but I haven't seen him do that in the last 20 years.

I think he quit doing that about the same time he got off drugs. Seriously. :D

:lol: Sounds about right, lol!
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
Yoda
8 Track

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:24 am

RPM wrote:Heard Elefante sing last year with his brothers band at Emofest. He sounds great. Ronnie will have no trouble
With this gig, he's a great singer and back in the day was one of the few in the Chicago area that pull off
The Journey and Boston material and sound great doing it.

He's covered quite a few songs from a lot of my favorite bands (Kansas, Boston, Journey, Starship, etc...) The man definitely has a great voice! Waiting to see how his keyboard playing will be.
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
Yoda
8 Track

Postby conversationpc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:16 am

Yoda wrote:
RPM wrote:Heard Elefante sing last year with his brothers band at Emofest. He sounds great. Ronnie will have no trouble
With this gig, he's a great singer and back in the day was one of the few in the Chicago area that pull off

He's covered quite a few songs from a lot of my favorite bands (Kansas, Boston, Journey, Starship, etc...) The man definitely has a great voice! Waiting to see how his keyboard playing will be.

That's something I've heard Elefante address regarding Kansas music, that he's no longer up to snub playing keyboards.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby rsimpson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 am

conversationpc wrote:
Yoda wrote:

That's something I've heard Elefante address regarding Kansas music, that he's no longer up to snub playing keyboards.

I'd like to see them go back to a six piece. Bring in another guy that can play guitar and keys. Maybe then they can start playing the Pinnacle.
rsimpson
Ol' 78

Previous

Return to Death By Stereo