Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:56 am

A Boeing 777 travelling from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur reportedly comes down in Ukraine, close to the Russian border.

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malay ... 5-on-board

A Malaysian passenger plane with 295 people on board has been shot down as it flew above eastern Ukraine, according to aviation sources.

The plane, which is believed to have been flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was travelling at an altitude of 10km (6.2 miles) when it was shot down, Russia's Interfax reported.

The Boeing 777 was brought down by a Buk ground-to-air missile, an adviser to the Ukrainian interior ministry quoted by the news agency said.

The adviser said the 280 passengers and 15 crew members who were on the plane are all believed to have died.

A spokesman for Malaysian Airlines confirmed it had lost contact with flight MH17, which departed from Amsterdam at 12.14pm local time.

The flight disappeared from radar as it flew over Ukrainian airspace, he said.

Sky's Katie Stallard, in Moscow, said media reports suggest the plane came down in the Donetsk region, where there has been recent heavy fighting amid continuing tensions between Russia and Ukraine.

Data from Flightradar24 suggests the plane had just passed the city of Kremenchuk when it disappeared.

Several videos apparently filmed in the area, none of which Sky News has been able to independently verify, show plumes of thick, black smoke rising high into the air.

An aviation source told the Reuters news agency the wreckage of a burning aircraft had been found on the ground.

A spokesman for the Foreign Office said: "We are aware of reports and are urgently working to establish what has happened."
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

Postby Fact Finder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:37 am

Just another "tranquil" day on planet earth.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby scarygirl » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 am

Well, now we know what happened to the other Malaysian plane. :shock: Not that we didn't know that all along. Whose cowardice does this reek of? I wonder....
scarygirl
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:39 am

23 Americans were on the manifest.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:42 am

scarygirl wrote:Well, now we know what happened to the other Malaysian plane. :shock: Not that we didn't know that all along. Whose cowardice does this reek of? I wonder....

Vladimir Putin. If the rebels are responsible then Russia the only place where they could get a sophisticated SAM battery like the one they believe shot it down.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:54 pm

actually the BUK SAM was already there.. it was captured by the rebels..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby No Surprize » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:56 pm

They got telemetry and the ground heat plume spot. Rookies and nerds didn't operate that complex launch control system, they were trained military air defenders on this.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby ebake02 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:32 pm

No Surprize wrote:They got telemetry and the ground heat plume spot. Rookies and nerds didn't operate that complex launch control system, they were trained military air defenders on this.

The more I read, the more I'm coming to that conclusion. I have a funny feeling that the Russian military was knee deep in this considering it was shot down over a rebel stronghold on the Russian border.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby JBlake » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:03 am

slucero wrote:actually the BUK SAM was already there.. it was captured by the rebels..

Source? Not suggesting what your saying is not accurate, but I've just not seen this anywhere yet.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby JBlake » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:04 am

ebake02 wrote:
No Surprize wrote:They got telemetry and the ground heat plume spot. Rookies and nerds didn't operate that complex launch control system, they were trained military air defenders on this.

The more I read, the more I'm coming to that conclusion. I have a funny feeling that the Russian military was knee deep in this considering it was shot down over a rebel stronghold on the Russian border.

Reference KAL007
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby slucero » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:12 am

JBlake wrote:
slucero wrote:actually the BUK SAM was already there.. it was captured by the rebels..

Source? Not suggesting what your saying is not accurate, but I've just not seen this anywhere yet.

The Ukraine government had already acknowledge the rebels captured the Buk SAMS before the 777 was shot down.

The rebels took credit for downing a Russian troop carrier at the same time and same location the 777 went down.... they posted it to some social media site then removed the posting.. I saw it on the Guardian I think about 2-3 hours after the plane went down...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby No Surprize » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:43 am

Russia is supplying these numbskulls WITH the weapons, there isn't a doubt in my mind about that. No way "Rebel fighters" come across that kind of technology at the local Donetsk army & navy store. That way, as you all know, they can sweep everything under the rug when all is said and done and deny, deny, deny any involvement at all.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:18 am

Fox is playing NSA intercepts of the Ruskies admitting doing this.

WOW!
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Just another "tranquil" day on planet earth.

"The World is a Safer Place Now" - Barack Obama, POTUS
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby No Surprize » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Boomchild wrote:

Why bring Obama's name into this? I believe he said that quote after the capture of Osama Bin Laden. The world in general hasn't been safe for the last 25 years, but there are more factors than just one man and one nation can do about them.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:56 pm

No Surprize wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

Why bring Obama's name into this? I believe he said that quote after the capture of Osama Bin Laden. The world in general hasn't been safe for the last 25 years, but there are more factors than just one man and one nation can do about them.

B.O. has used this statement more then just after the capture of Bin Laden. B.O. is either living on a different planet, out of touch with reality or making such a bogus statement simply for political gains. He is the spoke person for the U.S. when it comes to foreign relations. Those that are in areas where it isn't safe are most likely feeling that he doesn't have a clue. This event as well as the current situations in Israel, Syria, Iraq, Iran and the Ukraine are prime examples that it's isn't a safer world then before.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Obama was going to "make this world a safer place by JUST TALKING to people", like Iran. Just another failure because liberals won't admit peace is kept by strengh, not conversations. Romney was spot on about Putin.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:37 am

No Surprize wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

From just last Monday, July 14, 2014

“I think that there have been a number of situations in which you’ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way that has substantially furthered American interests and substantially improved the tranquility of the global community.”

White House Spokesman Josh Earnest
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby No Surprize » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:49 am

From just last Monday, July 14, 2014

“I think that there have been a number of situations in which you’ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way that has substantially furthered American interests and substantially improved the tranquility of the global community.”

White House Spokesman Josh Earnest[/quote]

This event as well as the current situations in Israel, Syria, Iraq, Iran and the Ukraine are prime examples that it's isn't a safer world then before.

And since when have they haven't been unstable in the last 25 years? Islam, and their's no middle ground, preach's hate, and more specifically western hate. Just in the last 15 years with "help" from their "neighbors" have they been able to make some noise.

And Fact Finder, should the United States of America be the world's policeman? Should every conflict that rise's up wether it's in Africa where shit hit's the fan on a everyday basis, the middle east, China, Japan battle over the sea of what the fuck ever, should we or do we have to step in and say now, now, you to go back to your countries and be good little boys. Or should we just say fuck it, if you cannot settle your differences like adults, were just going to nuke you in the dark and shoot your ass when it glows?

You have to pick and choose unless you want an army like China's and N. Korea where everyone's a servant to the all might evil government. And yes, even ours is evil.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:38 pm

No Surprize wrote:And since when have they haven't been unstable in the last 25 years? Islam, and their's no middle ground, preach's hate, and more specifically western hate. Just in the last 15 years with "help" from their "neighbors" have they been able to make some noise.

Your right they haven't been for a long, long time. That's what makes B.O. statement so laughable. I don't feel that the U.S. needs to be the world's protector. We do need to respond to direct threats to our country, it's citizens at home and abroad in addition to our nations interests. When responding militarily, we need to do it in a manner that sends a clear message. But more recently I don't think we have done that effectively. Which I attribute to trying to be too politically correct. Your exactly right when it comes to the radical Islamic movements. With them there's no compromise. It's accept their religious viewpoint or die. With that type of stance the only response is to eliminate them. You can't talk your way into a compromise with them.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby No Surprize » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Boomchild wrote:
No Surprize wrote:And since when have they haven't been unstable in the last 25 years? Islam, and their's no middle ground, preach's hate, and more specifically western hate. Just in the last 15 years with "help" from their "neighbors" have they been able to make some noise.

Your right they haven't been for a long, long time. That's what makes B.O. statement so laughable. I don't feel that the U.S. needs to be the world's protector. We do need to respond to direct threats to our country, it's citizens at home and abroad in addition to our nations interests. When responding militarily, we need to do it in a manner that sends a clear message. But more recently I don't think we have done that effectively. Which I attribute to trying to be too politically correct. Your exactly right when it comes to the radical Islamic movements. With them there's no compromise. It's accept their religious viewpoint or die. With that type of stance the only response is to eliminate them. You can't talk your way into a compromise with them.

I completely agree with everything you stated. One thing though. Citizens abroad. When shit starts hitting the fan where ever there is unrest, all concerned need to find the nearest LAX and get the fuck out. If your an American, your a target. Get out asap.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:07 pm

No Surprize wrote:I completely agree with everything you stated. One thing though. Citizens abroad. When shit starts hitting the fan where ever there is unrest, all concerned need to find the nearest LAX and get the fuck out. If your an American, your a target. Get out asap.

I agree. When speaking of citizens abroad I was thinking more along the lines of those that are working at U.S. embassies and other installations.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Death By Stereo