AR and all KISS fans, heads up FREE SHOW TONITE!

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

AR and all KISS fans, heads up FREE SHOW TONITE!

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:05 am

Tomorrow night at 9:40 p.m., KISS live from Charlotte will be streaming on the new "Yahoo Screen Live" website free of charge. There are other upcoming concerts as well, you can see the listings at the site below.

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/

Here is the Pollstar story about this new start up Yahoo is hoping will compete with YouTube.

Live Nation Yahoo Channel Debuts

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=812545
Last edited by Fact Finder on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Re: AR and all KISS fans, heads up

Postby AR » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:49 am

Thanks, I'll check it out. May turn the volume down when Paul attempts to "sing" though. :lol:
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 am

Fact Finder wrote:There are other upcoming concerts as well, you can see the listings at the site below.

Damn! They all suck! Oh, well. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:36 am

verslibre wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:There are other upcoming concerts as well, you can see the listings at the site below.

Except for perhaps KISS you are right on the selection so far, but they say there is going to be on concert a day for 365 days so Shirley a few more good ones will be added. I'm hoping they can provide a good streaming experience since we've cancelled cable and need new shit to watch. :lol:

Here's the main link, where clips of shows and other videos can be found. https://screen.yahoo.com/

The concerts are under the "Live Nation" link.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:47 am

Fact Finder wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Except for perhaps KISS you are right on the selection so far, but they say there is going to be on concert a day for 365 days so Shirley a few more good ones will be added. I'm hoping they can provide a good streaming experience since we've cancelled cable and need new shit to watch. :lol:

"Don't call me Shirley!" :lol:

I noticed the "365" thang. I shan't give up hope some cool shows will come down the pipe. I saw Matchbox 20 and I had to get some WD-40 to bring my eyes back down to their correct position. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby No Surprize » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Last night was Michael Franti and Spearhead. Great band to fire up that pocket rocket and listen to, and highly under rated when doing so. :D
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:18 am

If you are watching this, click the "Buy Tickets" button and it takes you to the Live Nation site, then just start the video. It says Stand by for KISS.

I haven't seen KISS since about 1978. :D (Bob Seger was opening)
Fact Finder
MP3

Re: AR and all KISS fans, heads up FREE SHOW TONITE!

Postby tater1977 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:55 am

They need to turn up the volume... :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:32 am

Paul Stanley, once one of the best voices in rock needs to hang it up. Brutal.

:cry:
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 am

AR wrote:Paul Stanley, once one of the best voices in rock needs to hang it up. Brutal.

:cry:

He did have a tough time. Even his talking to the crowd between songs was brutal.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby No Surprize » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 am

I agree. I wonder if he watch's himself now. If he does, I cannot fathom how he thinks he still has it I remember when he had a powerful voice, able to hit high's and lows. Now, from the first song onward, it was excruciating to hear, let alone watch. Gene and Eric always singing all of the chorus to songs he use to belt the fuck out with ease. I turned it off.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Joe Elliott introducing Kiss. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmjNVD86-pk

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby No Surprize » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:02 pm

I got to say I went to see Kiss & Leppard just recently and while expecting the worst, it was fucking awesome. Before Leppard came out the black curtain was up and The Who's "I Won't Get Fooled Again" was playing. As the song neared the end you could hear Leppard start playing the final stanza of the tune. Curtain drops and Elliott screams "West Palm Beach Florida, You won't get fooled Again" and they busted into "Let It Go'. The Highlight though is when they played "Hysteria" and the screen shots were highlighting Steve Clark. At the fade out of the song, Elliot pays homage to Kiss's "Beth" and Clark when he sings, "Steve I hear you calling, but I can't come home right now" and fade out. Awesome that they still pay homage to him and his huge contribution to this band. Kiss, was a LOT better than they sounded on that Yahoo streaming show from Charlotte, N.C. In fact, fuck, I was totally astounded in how good Paul Stanley actually sounded. Played the exact same set list that was streamed and that was a disappointment. Tons of songs to choose from and I have to hear "Deuce", "War Machine", "I Love It Loud", "Black Diamond", "Detroit Rock City" and "Rock N Roll All Night" for the millionth time. Leppard wins out in this battle of the bands. Better set list all around and a Great Show.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:57 pm

Kiss can't play their best set list because Paul's voice is toast. Less noticeable in person, but that is just the fact.

Leppard would be good if they dropped Pour Some Sugar On Me and all Hysteria crap and stuck to the earlier stuff that rocked.

I'm glad I saved my my money and stuck to the YouTube clips. Totally get why some people dug the tour but I have seen both bands 25 times +

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby No Surprize » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 pm

AR wrote:Kiss can't play their best set list because Paul's voice is toast. Less noticeable in person, but that is just the fact.

Leppard would be good if they dropped Pour Some Sugar On Me and all Hysteria crap and stuck to the earlier stuff that rocked.

I'm glad I saved my my money and stuck to the YouTube clips. Totally get why some people dug the tour but I have seen both bands 25 times +

It probably is less noticeable live without a doubt. Hysteria has a ton of great songs on it Ed. There isn't a way possible that they can omit that album from a show. PSSOM is great live but I could care less about it just hearing it on cd. They could stop playing "Love Bites", "Two Steps Behind" and replace them with one of their 50 other songs to choose from without a doubt. By the way, the announced attendance was 15,150. Awesome and I was amazed at all the younger generation there.

No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Just saw Leppard and Kiss Saturday night. First time ever seeing Kiss. Whenever Paul would talk between songs and I closed my eyes or looked away I was always thought I was hearing this guy. :lol:

Good show though.
Attachments
grady.jpg
grady.jpg (32.07 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Return to Death By Stereo