Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Boomchild » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:13 pm

So there's such a push to legalize pot in the U.S. and already the downside to doing so is already starting to surface.

"Officials at Denver homeless shelters say the legalization of marijuana has contributed to an increase in the number of younger people living on the city's streets."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2 ... /13214129/
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby No Surprize » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:43 pm

LOL. Such bullshit distorting what's truth and what isn't. The media, blowing smoke up your ass since 1972.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Boomchild » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:42 pm

No Surprize wrote:LOL. Such bullshit distorting what's truth and what isn't. The media, blowing smoke up your ass since 1972.


Really? Can you direct me to evidence that what the Denver officials have stated is incorrect?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:39 am

No Surprize wrote:LOL. Such bullshit distorting what's truth and what isn't. The media, blowing smoke up your ass since 1972.


I don't know brother. Most of the people I know that smoke it don't have much ambition. I think it robs people of it. I drink beer and don't have much ambition, either. :lol: :lol: :lol: Could be a correlation.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby steveo777 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:31 am

Just because pot became legal doesn't mean there is suddenly a whole vast new fanfare for smoking it. Most of those who smoke it probably always have. This is propaganda spawned in the news for those with a political agenda, I'd bet. I don't trust the media.
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Boomchild » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:18 am

steveo777 wrote:Just because pot became legal doesn't mean there is suddenly a whole vast new fanfare for smoking it. Most of those who smoke it probably always have. This is propaganda spawned in the news for those with a political agenda, I'd bet. I don't trust the media.


That could be possible. On the flip side this was a NBC station with this story. NBC seems to learn more towards a liberal slant.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Rick » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:31 am

steveo777 wrote:Just because pot became legal doesn't mean there is suddenly a whole vast new fanfare for smoking it. Most of those who smoke it probably always have. This is propaganda spawned in the news for those with a political agenda, I'd bet. I don't trust the media.


There were a few at work who said they wanted to transfer to Denver so they could smoke it. I said no you can't. You can't work on the ramp with thc in your blood.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
User avatar
Rick
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:29 am
Location: Texas

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:59 am

Rick wrote:
steveo777 wrote:Just because pot became legal doesn't mean there is suddenly a whole vast new fanfare for smoking it. Most of those who smoke it probably always have. This is propaganda spawned in the news for those with a political agenda, I'd bet. I don't trust the media.


There were a few at work who said they wanted to transfer to Denver so they could smoke it. I said no you can't. You can't work on the ramp with thc in your blood.


I think that's where people are letting their assumptions get the best of them. They're assuming Pot will be treated like cigarette smoking. I would just about bet that businesses in Denver and Seattle still have strict rules on drugs, and I'd bet that more and more random drug testing might be called upon.
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
User avatar
Yoda
8 Track
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby JBlake » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 am

This guy is 150% right. Long term weed smoking leads to the dumbest individuals. Not to fear however, Obamacare will help them through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S2wAjLwNUs
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby JBlake » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:37 am

Boomchild wrote:So there's such a push to legalize pot in the U.S. and already the downside to doing so is already starting to surface.

"Officials at Denver homeless shelters say the legalization of marijuana has contributed to an increase in the number of younger people living on the city's streets."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2 ... /13214129/


Of course it does. I have childhood friends who have smoked weed for 10 to 15 years now and all they want to do is smoke two joints before they smoke two more. They lose their desire, their motivation, and ambition to get out of bed in the morning to get a job and/or go to work. The only thing they do have a desire and motivation for is to smoke more weed. And long term users can't even be reasoned with, smelly old out of shape hippies.

In this case, it all started with weed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsWyKibiIXU

Bill & Hildabeast Clinton are left over hippies from the 60's and look where them and their kind has gotten America today. Look at a lot of the politicians calling the shots today and where they were in the 60's, and you can draw a conclusion to why America is so fucked up today. Sure, America has been going downhill for years, but this current administration put that downward spiral on afterburner.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Boomchild » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:36 am

Yoda wrote:I think that's where people are letting their assumptions get the best of them. They're assuming Pot will be treated like cigarette smoking. I would just about bet that businesses in Denver and Seattle still have strict rules on drugs, and I'd bet that more and more random drug testing might be called upon.


The interesting thing will be how this situation will be addressed legally. You have pot now legal to obtain without a permit or prescription which causes TNC to be in one's blood stream. So do you change the law in such a way that prohibits employers from taking action to those that test positive for TNC?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby No Surprize » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:16 am

Boomchild wrote:
Yoda wrote:I think that's where people are letting their assumptions get the best of them. They're assuming Pot will be treated like cigarette smoking. I would just about bet that businesses in Denver and Seattle still have strict rules on drugs, and I'd bet that more and more random drug testing might be called upon.


The interesting thing will be how this situation will be addressed legally. You have pot now legal to obtain without a permit or prescription which causes TNC to be in one's blood stream. So do you change the law in such a way that prohibits employers from taking action to those that test positive for TNC?


It's THC Boomie, get it right. And you say you don't burn? Right pal. I and my friends from the days still burn. Not every day, but when we feel like it. Were all successful in what we do, in fact looking forward to when they retire so we can hang out more. I retired long ago, because I smoke ganja and like to lay around and watch Cheech & Chong all day long. There are people in ALL walks of life who give a bad example of what you shouldn't do. Should that be the rule of thumb? You people remind me of Hitler. If you aren't pure whitey, your toast. Everyone should be exactly alike, follow every rule like a religion. LOL, I pity you.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby JBlake » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:09 am

It's THC Boomie, get it right. And you say you don't burn? Right pal. I and my friends from the days still burn. Not every day, but when we feel like it. Were all successful in what we do, in fact looking forward to when they retire so we can hang out more. I retired long ago, because I smoke ganja and like to lay around and watch Cheech & Chong all day long. There are people in ALL walks of life who give a bad example of what you shouldn't do. Should that be the rule of thumb? You people remind me of Hitler. If you aren't pure whitey, your toast. Everyone should be exactly alike, follow every rule like a religion. LOL, I pity you.


Yeah, LOL, TNC is that other fucked up thing. Ok, so couple questions. "If you aren't pure whitey, your toast" What are you trying to say and what does it mean? How does Hitler compare with those who stress that a more wise and healthier decision to happiness is finding something that one can indulge them self with that does not harm them, culture and society like substance use does?

So are you saying you've retired long ago and now love to smoke drugs, lay around and watch Cheech & Chong all day long? If so, that sounds very unproductive and insignificant. I loved listening to Cheech & Chong when I was in the fourth grade. It was very entertaining for me to listen to grown adults do stupid things. Yeah, entertaining until I got to be about 16 or 17 and it then started not to be so funny after all, realizing that these grown adults had the mental capacity of immature troubled teenagers. That's not so very fun or funny to watch. You were successful in what you did. What did you do?
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:28 am

No Surprize wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Yoda wrote:I think that's where people are letting their assumptions get the best of them. They're assuming Pot will be treated like cigarette smoking. I would just about bet that businesses in Denver and Seattle still have strict rules on drugs, and I'd bet that more and more random drug testing might be called upon.


The interesting thing will be how this situation will be addressed legally. You have pot now legal to obtain without a permit or prescription which causes TNC to be in one's blood stream. So do you change the law in such a way that prohibits employers from taking action to those that test positive for TNC?


It's THC Boomie, get it right. And you say you don't burn? Right pal. I and my friends from the days still burn. Not every day, but when we feel like it. Were all successful in what we do, in fact looking forward to when they retire so we can hang out more. I retired long ago, because I smoke ganja and like to lay around and watch Cheech & Chong all day long. There are people in ALL walks of life who give a bad example of what you shouldn't do. Should that be the rule of thumb? You people remind me of Hitler. If you aren't pure whitey, your toast. Everyone should be exactly alike, follow every rule like a religion. LOL, I pity you.


Why do you make such a statement? Freedom goes both ways. Employers have just as much right to protect themselves and their integrity as pot smokers think they should have to smoke pot. Nobody is saying you shouldn't have the right to choose. But often times, buried in this endless debate on drugs, people forget that regardless as to the legality of the drug in question, employers have the right to prohibit its use by its employees. Don't like it? Don't care. They [the employer] have as much right to freedom as you do. In fact, many health agencies and hospitals are smoke-free. I'm not just talking about the buildings, I'm talking about the entire campus. And even some agencies prohibit the use of tobacco at any point of employment. So if companies are that strict on tobacco, what do you think their attitude on marijuana and other drugs is going to be? Again, don't like it, don't care.

My stance is that I don't care what you do to your body, so as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights, my property, and the rights and property of my loved ones. This also means me, as a taxpayer, having to pay for your medical expenses in treating conditions caused by prolonged drug use. No one who's drug use has caused them to be disabled should receive disability insurance. That's my opinion. After all, if you want the freedom to smoke pot and take other drugs, then you must also accept the responsibility along with it.
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
User avatar
Yoda
8 Track
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Boomchild » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:43 pm

No Surprize wrote:It's THC Boomie, get it right. And you say you don't burn? Right pal. I and my friends from the days still burn. Not every day, but when we feel like it. Were all successful in what we do, in fact looking forward to when they retire so we can hang out more. I retired long ago, because I smoke ganja and like to lay around and watch Cheech & Chong all day long. There are people in ALL walks of life who give a bad example of what you shouldn't do. Should that be the rule of thumb? You people remind me of Hitler. If you aren't pure whitey, your toast. Everyone should be exactly alike, follow every rule like a religion. LOL, I pity you.


Your right it is THC and TNC, my bad. To answer your question no I don't "burn". That's not to say that I never tried it either. I did in my youth and frankly it didn't do anything for me. I am just not a supporter of legalizing something that has a more non redeeming qualities then good ones. Some point out it's ability to help people cope with medical conditions. That's fine. Then have the FDA regulate it like all other drugs. Require prescriptions for it, make it in a non smoking form and only have it dispensed by a pharmacy. We already have enough legalized drugs to help people cope or escape from whatever it is they are dealing with.
Things like alcohol, tobacco and various prescription drugs. But lets not fool ourselves as to why some states have been keen to legalize the stuff. It's just to have something else to collect taxes on. Not for the betterment of society. I don't expect everyone to share my viewpoint on this subject. After all, our society is moving more backwards then forwards in some areas. To me this one.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby No Surprize » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Did I say I just "Love to do Drugs and sit around". LOL. Get off your prozac and settle down pal. You and your ilk, would LOVE to think I sit around, hit the bong and watch Cheeech & Chong. I was pointing out that since I retired at the young age of 42 I must have just sat around, enjoyed burning and watched C&C. Not the case. Sure, you enjoy it with your friends, hang out, fish, concerts, sporting events etc. What's the problem? The 2 most DANGEROUS drugs ARE LEGAL and have been for ages, Alcohol & Cigs, Cigars.And from your point of view it's ok to legalize a prescription drug as long as it's approved by the almighty FDA aka, your government. The MOST addicting of all is Prescription drugs that our illustrious government will not do a damn thing about because it fill's their coffers! That's the answer for you though isn't it. Go to the Doc, get a script for xanax or whatever else that helps you "COPE" in your words and that leads to another pill that helps you cope on down the line. But, a natural herb that helps you relax is classified as a narcotic? Ah, it's reefer madness, their zombies on the loose, going to kill you with a bag of doritos! I have never had to work for an employer. I had my own business, grew it, sold it for a hefty amount and now do what I want. But your right Star Wars. I believe all employers have a right to set their rules and if you want a job, you abide by them. I did as an employer and let go many as a result of drinking. They ARE the worst. Always calling in sick with a hangover, coming to work smelling like a liquor store on overdrive. I had no use for them. And health. As a matter of fact, not a month ago, I went for my annual physical. Got a chest xray. Nothing, lungs clear. Show the the proof there is irreparable harm in cannabis and I'll show you a liar. Why would YOU have to pay for MY medical, your not making sense Obi Wan Kenobi. I pay my own as well as taxes, my light bills, my water bills, etc. Far from being destitute and downtrodden like you want to think everyone who smokes weed is. Change IS coming, soon to a state near you.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby majik » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:01 am

Tommy Chong beats prostate cancer with hemp oil ( pot )

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/05/15/t ... -hemp-oil/
majik
LP
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: Perth Australia

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:22 am

I think Boomchild got it right. I've alway thought that TNC led to brain damage. :lol:
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3440
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Boomchild » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:55 pm

No Surprize wrote:Did I say I just "Love to do Drugs and sit around". LOL. Get off your prozac and settle down pal. You and your ilk, would LOVE to think I sit around, hit the bong and watch Cheeech & Chong. I was pointing out that since I retired at the young age of 42 I must have just sat around, enjoyed burning and watched C&C. Not the case. Sure, you enjoy it with your friends, hang out, fish, concerts, sporting events etc. What's the problem? The 2 most DANGEROUS drugs ARE LEGAL and have been for ages, Alcohol & Cigs, Cigars.And from your point of view it's ok to legalize a prescription drug as long as it's approved by the almighty FDA aka, your government. The MOST addicting of all is Prescription drugs that our illustrious government will not do a damn thing about because it fill's their coffers!


Frankly, my response is not related to what I think you do personally. Your right there are already many drugs that are legal that are dangerous to your health. That's why I see no reason to add another one to the list. Your right in that most of time this is done just to create more tax revenue. I am not one to stand on a soap box for making pot available by prescription as a medical treatment. All I am saying is that if that is the reason given to legalize it, that's just how I think it should be done. I do not really see where making it legal somehow improves society. If you think it does, by all means present it. You don't share my viewpoint and that's just fine with me. We all have the right to express our opinions in this country (at least for now). You may be right that change is coming. Change doesn't automatically mean it's the right thing to do. When you factor in that the persons running our Federal, State and Local governments really don't act on the "common good for all citizens" all of this change is not for the betterment of society.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby No Surprize » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Boomer, I agree with your last statement. We as citizens have sat back on our hands and slowly watched as our own government takes away every right we once had. I could go on but I'm not. Peace
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby JBlake » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:30 am

No Surprize wrote:Did I say I just "Love to do Drugs and sit around". LOL. Get off your prozac and settle down pal. You and your ilk, would LOVE to think I sit around, hit the bong and watch Cheeech & Chong. I was pointing out that since I retired at the young age of 42 I must have just sat around, enjoyed burning and watched C&C. Not the case. Sure, you enjoy it with your friends, hang out, fish, concerts, sporting events etc. What's the problem? The 2 most DANGEROUS drugs ARE LEGAL and have been for ages, Alcohol & Cigs, Cigars.And from your point of view it's ok to legalize a prescription drug as long as it's approved by the almighty FDA aka, your government. The MOST addicting of all is Prescription drugs that our illustrious government will not do a damn thing about because it fill's their coffers! That's the answer for you though isn't it. Go to the Doc, get a script for xanax or whatever else that helps you "COPE" in your words and that leads to another pill that helps you cope on down the line. But, a natural herb that helps you relax is classified as a narcotic? Ah, it's reefer madness, their zombies on the loose, going to kill you with a bag of doritos! I have never had to work for an employer. I had my own business, grew it, sold it for a hefty amount and now do what I want. But your right Star Wars. I believe all employers have a right to set their rules and if you want a job, you abide by them. I did as an employer and let go many as a result of drinking. They ARE the worst. Always calling in sick with a hangover, coming to work smelling like a liquor store on overdrive. I had no use for them. And health. As a matter of fact, not a month ago, I went for my annual physical. Got a chest xray. Nothing, lungs clear. Show the the proof there is irreparable harm in cannabis and I'll show you a liar. Why would YOU have to pay for MY medical, your not making sense Obi Wan Kenobi. I pay my own as well as taxes, my light bills, my water bills, etc. Far from being destitute and downtrodden like you want to think everyone who smokes weed is. Change IS coming, soon to a state near you.


Death Cap mushrooms are 100% natural too. Go eat some.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Deb » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:56 am

No Surprize wrote:Did I say I just "Love to do Drugs and sit around". LOL. Get off your prozac and settle down pal. You and your ilk, would LOVE to think I sit around, hit the bong and watch Cheeech & Chong. I was pointing out that since I retired at the young age of 42 I must have just sat around, enjoyed burning and watched C&C. Not the case. Sure, you enjoy it with your friends, hang out, fish, concerts, sporting events etc. What's the problem? The 2 most DANGEROUS drugs ARE LEGAL and have been for ages, Alcohol & Cigs, Cigars.And from your point of view it's ok to legalize a prescription drug as long as it's approved by the almighty FDA aka, your government. The MOST addicting of all is Prescription drugs that our illustrious government will not do a damn thing about because it fill's their coffers! That's the answer for you though isn't it. Go to the Doc, get a script for xanax or whatever else that helps you "COPE" in your words and that leads to another pill that helps you cope on down the line. But, a natural herb that helps you relax is classified as a narcotic? Ah, it's reefer madness, their zombies on the loose, going to kill you with a bag of doritos! I have never had to work for an employer. I had my own business, grew it, sold it for a hefty amount and now do what I want. But your right Star Wars. I believe all employers have a right to set their rules and if you want a job, you abide by them. I did as an employer and let go many as a result of drinking. They ARE the worst. Always calling in sick with a hangover, coming to work smelling like a liquor store on overdrive. I had no use for them. And health. As a matter of fact, not a month ago, I went for my annual physical. Got a chest xray. Nothing, lungs clear. Show the the proof there is irreparable harm in cannabis and I'll show you a liar. Why would YOU have to pay for MY medical, your not making sense Obi Wan Kenobi. I pay my own as well as taxes, my light bills, my water bills, etc. Far from being destitute and downtrodden like you want to think everyone who smokes weed is. Change IS coming, soon to a state near you.


Totally agree. Legalizing it isn't going to make it worse or make people who previously didn't partake all of sudden want to. Anything to an extreme is bad for you. Smoking the odd doobie is no worse than having a couple drinks IMO. Neither of which I have partaken in for eons. :lol: But at least there is some medical positives with weed (helps people with excrutiating headaches, cancer and pain)................can't say the same for booze.
Image Now Playing: If That's What It Takes (Live) ~ http://youtu.be/8g2TrEdi5ZQ
User avatar
Deb
MP3
 
Posts: 14921
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Gotta Love The Ride!

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby JBlake » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 am

Funny boy bites the dust but this is what he had to say about weed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXr04ybcms
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby No Surprize » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Death Cap mushrooms are 100% natural too. Go eat some.

Typical of a fucktard. Wishing death on someone when you have nothing else. F. U. Get it?
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby JBlake » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:32 am

No Surprize wrote:Death Cap mushrooms are 100% natural too. Go eat some.

Typical of a fucktard. Wishing death on someone when you have nothing else. F. U. Get it?


But they're 100% natural, just like your weed. Bottom line is you're a weak individual because you need substance in order to fulfill something that is apparently missing from your life. It's just your easy way out, disconnect yourself from full reality. But one thing for sure, you're coming "down" eventually and then you'll just need to do some more. Keep running away from reality. Best part is, you can run but you can't hide. And when you're running, you're only going to die tired. BTW, successful business owners never retire early because the biggest part of their success is their love for the work that they do. Your little fairy tale story about retiring at 42 because you made such a successful business is complete BS. Prove otherwise, show some proof. Until then....BS!
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby No Surprize » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:37 pm

JBlake wrote:
No Surprize wrote:Death Cap mushrooms are 100% natural too. Go eat some.

Typical of a fucktard. Wishing death on someone when you have nothing else. F. U. Get it?


But they're 100% natural, just like your weed. Bottom line is you're a weak individual because you need substance in order to fulfill something that is apparently missing from your life. It's just your easy way out, disconnect yourself from full reality. But one thing for sure, you're coming "down" eventually and then you'll just need to do some more. Keep running away from reality. Best part is, you can run but you can't hide. And when you're running, you're only going to die tired. BTW, successful business owners never retire early because the biggest part of their success is their love for the work that they do. Your little fairy tale story about retiring at 42 because you made such a successful business is complete BS. Prove otherwise, show some proof. Until then....BS!



Your stupidity has no limits does it? "Successful people never retire early". Only You could come up with a retort like that one. Loser.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
User avatar
No Surprize
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am
Location: Captiva Island,Florida

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby majik » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:50 pm

It is not possible to disconect oneself from reality. Your experience is reality no matter if that experience is getting high or not either way its totally real it is what is happening. Unreality does not exist.
majik
LP
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: Perth Australia

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:43 am

Deb wrote:
No Surprize wrote:Did I say I just "Love to do Drugs and sit around". LOL. Get off your prozac and settle down pal. You and your ilk, would LOVE to think I sit around, hit the bong and watch Cheeech & Chong. I was pointing out that since I retired at the young age of 42 I must have just sat around, enjoyed burning and watched C&C. Not the case. Sure, you enjoy it with your friends, hang out, fish, concerts, sporting events etc. What's the problem? The 2 most DANGEROUS drugs ARE LEGAL and have been for ages, Alcohol & Cigs, Cigars.And from your point of view it's ok to legalize a prescription drug as long as it's approved by the almighty FDA aka, your government. The MOST addicting of all is Prescription drugs that our illustrious government will not do a damn thing about because it fill's their coffers! That's the answer for you though isn't it. Go to the Doc, get a script for xanax or whatever else that helps you "COPE" in your words and that leads to another pill that helps you cope on down the line. But, a natural herb that helps you relax is classified as a narcotic? Ah, it's reefer madness, their zombies on the loose, going to kill you with a bag of doritos! I have never had to work for an employer. I had my own business, grew it, sold it for a hefty amount and now do what I want. But your right Star Wars. I believe all employers have a right to set their rules and if you want a job, you abide by them. I did as an employer and let go many as a result of drinking. They ARE the worst. Always calling in sick with a hangover, coming to work smelling like a liquor store on overdrive. I had no use for them. And health. As a matter of fact, not a month ago, I went for my annual physical. Got a chest xray. Nothing, lungs clear. Show the the proof there is irreparable harm in cannabis and I'll show you a liar. Why would YOU have to pay for MY medical, your not making sense Obi Wan Kenobi. I pay my own as well as taxes, my light bills, my water bills, etc. Far from being destitute and downtrodden like you want to think everyone who smokes weed is. Change IS coming, soon to a state near you.


Totally agree. Legalizing it isn't going to make it worse or make people who previously didn't partake all of sudden want to. Anything to an extreme is bad for you. Smoking the odd doobie is no worse than having a couple drinks IMO. Neither of which I have partaken in for eons. :lol: But at least there is some medical positives with weed (helps people with excrutiating headaches, cancer and pain)................can't say the same for booze.


Well actually, having a glass of red wine daily is very healthy for the heart. There has been scientific proof that one pint of beer can have the same positive effects on the cardiovascular system. Also has been known to help reduce the risk of kidney stones. Of course, I'm talking about very moderate consumption and not slamming beers like there's no tomorrow.
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
User avatar
Yoda
8 Track
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 am

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Monker » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:39 am

Well actually, having a glass of red wine daily is very healthy for the heart. There has been scientific proof that one pint of beer can have the same positive effects on the cardiovascular system. Also has been known to help reduce the risk of kidney stones. Of course, I'm talking about very moderate consumption and not slamming beers like there's no tomorrow.


it has also been shown that grape juice has the same affects as wine....and you can have as much of that as you want. Or, you can just eat grapes. It's the tannins and antioxidants that matter...the alcohol is just a side benefit.
User avatar
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9428
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Legalized Pot in Colorado is Having "Side Effects"

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:54 am

No Surprize wrote:Did I say I just "Love to do Drugs and sit around". LOL. Get off your prozac and settle down pal. You and your ilk, would LOVE to think I sit around, hit the bong and watch Cheeech & Chong. I was pointing out that since I retired at the young age of 42 I must have just sat around, enjoyed burning and watched C&C. Not the case. Sure, you enjoy it with your friends, hang out, fish, concerts, sporting events etc. What's the problem? The 2 most DANGEROUS drugs ARE LEGAL and have been for ages, Alcohol & Cigs, Cigars.And from your point of view it's ok to legalize a prescription drug as long as it's approved by the almighty FDA aka, your government. The MOST addicting of all is Prescription drugs that our illustrious government will not do a damn thing about because it fill's their coffers! That's the answer for you though isn't it. Go to the Doc, get a script for xanax or whatever else that helps you "COPE" in your words and that leads to another pill that helps you cope on down the line. But, a natural herb that helps you relax is classified as a narcotic? Ah, it's reefer madness, their zombies on the loose, going to kill you with a bag of doritos! I have never had to work for an employer. I had my own business, grew it, sold it for a hefty amount and now do what I want. But your right Star Wars. I believe all employers have a right to set their rules and if you want a job, you abide by them. I did as an employer and let go many as a result of drinking. They ARE the worst. Always calling in sick with a hangover, coming to work smelling like a liquor store on overdrive. I had no use for them. And health. As a matter of fact, not a month ago, I went for my annual physical. Got a chest xray. Nothing, lungs clear. Show the the proof there is irreparable harm in cannabis and I'll show you a liar. Why would YOU have to pay for MY medical, your not making sense Obi Wan Kenobi. I pay my own as well as taxes, my light bills, my water bills, etc. Far from being destitute and downtrodden like you want to think everyone who smokes weed is. Change IS coming, soon to a state near you.


Exactly, what was this business you grew and sold at the young age of 42 years old? Very curious about this.

Will legalizing pot cause you to smoke less of it or more? If neither, then why do you care if its legalized or not? You're going to do it anyway.

You state that pot is 100% safe, and those who say otherwise are liars because you have proof with a clear chest x-ray and test results on your lungs. And what were the test results on your mental health?
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
User avatar
Yoda
8 Track
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 am

Next

Return to Death By Stereo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests