Robin Williams Commits Suicide

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Robin Williams Commits Suicide

Postby majik » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Depression for some people is a life long Permanant Problem. 10% of sufferers do not respond to any currently available treatments.
majik
LP

Postby Andrew » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:30 pm

majik wrote:Depression for some people is a life long Permanant Problem. 10% of sufferers do not respond to any currently available treatments.

Absolutely.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby ebake02 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 am

majik wrote:Depression for some people is a life long Permanant Problem. 10% of sufferers do not respond to any currently available treatments.

Sometimes I wonder if some of those suffers are afraid of the side effects of depression drugs and don't seek treatment.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby majik » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 am

Its 10% of patients, meaning those that have sought help and received all of the currently available treatment options.
majik
LP

Postby Rick » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:37 pm

ebake02 wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if some of those suffers are afraid of the side effects of depression drugs and don't seek treatment.

Could very well be. I won't take medication until I absolutely have to.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby yulog » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:00 pm

majik wrote:Its 10% of patients, meaning those that have sought help and received all of the currently available treatment options.

I believe its more ....and the psychiatric field is far from an exact science.....just getting diagnosed properly is a miracle. Antidepressants, don't work like Tylenol on a Headache, it could take 3-4 weeks to build up a therapeutic level in your system....if they ever work at all. ECT is pretty much the last resort when all other treatment modalities have not produced the desired effect. ECT is hit or miss at best.Depressed kids are growing in epidemic proportions ...and depressed kids become depressed adults. The amount of teenage girls cutting themselves on a routine basis is staggering.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby yulog » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:05 pm

ebake02 wrote:

Many, won't and don't
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby majik » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Rob Schneider
"Now that we can talk about it. #RobinWilliams was on a drug treating the symptoms of Parkinson's. One of the SIDE-EFFECTS IS SUICIDE!" he wrote.
"The Evil pharmaceutical industry ADMITS TO OVER 100,000 people in the USA DIE A YEAR FROM "PRESCRIPTION" DRUGS!! #RobinWilliams."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... z3AkVIiLB4
majik
LP

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:38 am

Robin Williams - Stand-Up Comedy - 11/03/91 - Golden Gate Park (OFFICIAL)

http://youtu.be/mXV4JMpLyc8

Bill Graham's trubute
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Robin Williams' Ashes Have Been Scattered in San Francisco Bay
by Bruna Nessif

http://www.eonline.com/news/571416/robi ... eol-manual

8/20/2014

Robin Williams will forever rest close to home.

According to the late actor's official death certificate, obtained by Radar Online, Williams was cremated and his ashes were scattered in the San Francisco Bay on Aug. 12, one day after his death.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Ftloperry » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 am

Robin Williams was my all time favorite comedian and actor. His dramatic performance was just as great and his comedic performances. He was a genius and those shoes will always remain empty because NO ONE can ever fill those shoes. He could in one breath make you laugh till you cried and in that same breath could deliver a dramatic performance that would leave you speechless and crying. He truly had a special talent and gift and he shared it with the world. I was so sadden when I heard that Robin passed away. It was like a huge part of my childhood and life had been taken. I could always count on Robin to make me laugh when I needed it the most. Depression is a monster destroying lives. I just pray that where ever Robin is that he is at peace and helping God deliver the worlds funniest punchline. I can see it now Robin walks through the gates of heaven as God says "Two Jews walk into a bar...." God Bless you Robin.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't loose it."
--- Robin Williams
Ftloperry
8 Track

Postby Fact Finder » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:13 am

Ftloperry wrote:Robin Williams was my all time favorite comedian and actor. His dramatic performance was just as great and his comedic performances. He was a genius and those shoes will always remain empty because NO ONE can ever fill those shoes. He could in one breath make you laugh till you cried and in that same breath could deliver a dramatic performance that would leave you speechless and crying. He truly had a special talent and gift and he shared it with the world. I was so sadden when I heard that Robin passed away. It was like a huge part of my childhood and life had been taken. I could always count on Robin to make me laugh when I needed it the most. Depression is a monster destroying lives. I just pray that where ever Robin is that he is at peace and helping God deliver the worlds funniest punchline. I can see it now Robin walks through the gates of heaven as God says "Two Jews walk into a bar...." God Bless you Robin.

Robin is in the Bay.

The day after comedy legend Robin Williams was found dead in his Tiburon, California, home, he was cremated and his ashes were scattered “in San Francisco Bay off the coast of Marin County," according to his death certificate obtained by NBC News on Thursday.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Previous

Return to Death By Stereo