Reports: NFL asking musicians to pay to play Super Bowl half

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Reports: NFL asking musicians to pay to play Super Bowl half

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 am

Reports: NFL asking musicians to pay to play Super Bowl half-time show

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... ?track=rss

Aug. 19, 2014

he Wall Street Journal is reporting: The National Football League is reportedly asking musicians under consideration for the Super Bowl half time show to contribute a portion of their post game sales to the league. Performers have traditionaly played the high-profile show for no pay. Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Coldplay are said the be under consideration for 2015..

Get the full story at wsj.com
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Reports: NFL asking musicians to pay to play Super Bowl

Postby conversationpc » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:51 am

Ridiculous...You get paid to do gigs. Period. Asking an artist to do it for free or, heaven forbid, pay to play is ridiculous.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby ebake02 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:31 pm

That's just greedy. It's pretty ballsy for the NFL to ask musicians something like that considering how much money they make off the Super Bowl and the hype leading up to it.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:51 pm

The NFL is a non-profit.

something wrong with that ...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Deb » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:09 am

conversationpc wrote:Ridiculous...You get paid to do gigs. Period. Asking an artist to do it for free or, heaven forbid, pay to play is ridiculous.

Agreed! :roll:

Last year's half-time was, by far, my favorite. Man he's one talented dude! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuhLgSQo2sk
Image Now Playing: If That's What It Takes (Live) ~ http://youtu.be/8g2TrEdi5ZQ
Deb
MP3

Postby RPM » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:05 am

GREED . huge NFL fan and that is disheartening to hear. whats next, pay per view super bowl?
The artist do a job and should be paid, and paid well.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track

Postby G.I.Jim » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:34 am

Most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. Many people (like me) don't give a rats ass about football. I watch it solely for the commercials and the half-time show. Fuck the NFL! Seriously, fuck those greedy bastards! Look how much money they make BECAUSE of the half-time show! This reminds e of all the dumbass bar owners out there who want 5 and 6 piece bands to play for free while they make thousands more at the bar on the nights that those bands play. Fucking retarded!
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:16 am

:lol:

British Rock Band Wants To Buy Super Bowl Appearance

10:01 AM Thursday 8/21/14

The National Football League made headlines this week when it was revealed that it is considering making artists pay to play its Super Bowl halftime show. Now British rock band You Me At Six says it is more than happy to step up with open wallets.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the NFL is considering three top-tier acts in its pay-to-play scheme – Rihanna, Coldplay and Katy Perry. Evidently the NFL feels that the gig’s viewership along with the surrounding publicity makes a positive impact on an artist’s ticket and album sales.

But You Me At Six has more in mind than just rocking the multitudes for 11-plus minutes. Band members outlined their offer in the following open letter to the NFL.

Dear NFL:
We’re sorry to hear that you’re in such dire financial straits. While Coldplay and Rihanna mull your offer, we’re here to help with a multi-tiered proposal.

1. For $2 Million: We get to play the upcoming halftime show.

2. For $10 Million, one of us gets to quarterback a set of downs for the team of our choosing.

3. For $40 million, the Super Bowl will be played with English football rules, where you must use your feet, and an actual ball.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts once you’ve had a chance to review. We welcome any of the Super Bowl committee to attend one of our upcoming American concerts. Our tour kicks off September 15(th) at the Troubadour in Los Angeles, CA.

Warmly,
You Me At Six

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=813299
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:43 am

G.I.Jim wrote:Most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. Many people (like me) don't give a rats ass about football. I watch it solely for the commercials and the half-time show. Fuck the NFL! Seriously, fuck those greedy bastards! Look how much money they make BECAUSE of the half-time show! This reminds e of all the dumbass bar owners out there who want 5 and 6 piece bands to play for free while they make thousands more at the bar on the nights that those bands play. Fucking retarded!

Were you beered up when you posted this? Just asking, because that's the kind of post I would make when I were beered up. Actually, most of my posts are when I'm beered up. :D lol
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby G.I.Jim » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Rick wrote:
G.I.Jim wrote:Most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. Many people (like me) don't give a rats ass about football. I watch it solely for the commercials and the half-time show. Fuck the NFL! Seriously, fuck those greedy bastards! Look how much money they make BECAUSE of the half-time show! This reminds e of all the dumbass bar owners out there who want 5 and 6 piece bands to play for free while they make thousands more at the bar on the nights that those bands play. Fucking retarded!

Were you beered up when you posted this? Just asking, because that's the kind of post I would make when I were beered up. Actually, most of my posts are when I'm beered up. :D lol

Nope, I haven't drank since May 26th Rick. I don't drink anymore, I'm just an asshole sober now. Lol!! :lol:
The artist formerly known as Jim. :-)
G.I.Jim
MP3

Return to Death By Stereo