Sammy Hagar-Chickenfoot comments

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Sammy Hagar-Chickenfoot comments

Postby yulog » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:43 am

Sammy, sounds upset that after spending a 1/2 million and 6 months to write the album he could only get 35000 in sales. I'm actually questioning whether they actually sold 35,000 cds(especially the last cd).Neither of these albums really had anything worth listening to more than once. To me Chickenfoot just doesn't work, with the quality of songs put out(subpar considering who is in the band) they should feel lucky to break even.
yulog
Stereo LP

Re: Sammy Hagar-Chickenfoot comments

Postby verslibre » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:47 am

yulog wrote:Sammy, sounds upset that after spending a 1/2 million and 6 months to write the album he could only get 35000 in sales. I'm actually questioning whether they actually sold 35,000 cds(especially the last cd).Neither of these albums really had anything worth listening to more than once. To me Chickenfoot just doesn't work, with the quality of songs put out(subpar considering who is in the band) they should feel lucky to break even.

The second album is only marginally better and while I love the guy, I wish he'd shake off his beach bum persona (though I can't blame him for enjoying life) and do shit along the lines of his '75-'84 era. The problem with Chickenfoot is it isn't HSAS Part Deux. The material is overly simplistic. It's bonehead rock. He/they can do better than that.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:26 am

In fairness, I have never heard any of the Chicken Foot albums. But I can't help but feel that the albums would be so much better if it was Neal Schon and Deen Castronovo on the albums. And I love Joe Satriani's guitar playing. But I really wish that it was Neal on them instead.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:00 am

I didn't buy the last album. Recently revisited the debut 'Foot album on a long road trip. I was impressed by some of Satch's licks, more than I remember - but the songwriting leaves ALOT to be desired. For all of Hagar's Van Halen bashing (accurate or not), I thought the last Dave VH album kicked ass.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby AR » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 am

Saw Chickenfoot live a few years ago when they were touring the first album. Incredibly boring show. Too much jamming. Didn't think much of either album anyway. A decent song here and there.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby yulog » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:43 am

AR wrote:Saw Chickenfoot live a few years ago when they were touring the first album. Incredibly boring show. Too much jamming. Didn't think much of either album anyway. A decent song here and there.

I never followed Satriani but heard he was supposed to be this unbelievable player and on the 2nd cd he sounds under utilized(like any joe smoe could have done the guitar parts) both cds were very lacking in the hooks/song writing dept.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby JohnH » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:40 am

They are basically ok. A few really great songs but not enough of them. Definitely never albums I've bought and played nonstop for weeks. Loved the show I went to in 2012, the band had great chemistry and were fun to watch. Sounds like that's it then.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:53 am

Sounds like it's time for a Sammy/Neal/Deen side project. Although, I know that Deen is going to be busy now with not only Journey, but also with his new band.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:11 am

yulog wrote:
AR wrote:Saw Chickenfoot live a few years ago when they were touring the first album. Incredibly boring show. Too much jamming. Didn't think much of either album anyway. A decent song here and there.

I never followed Satriani but heard he was supposed to be this unbelievable player and on the 2nd cd he sounds under utilized(like any joe smoe could have done the guitar parts) both cds were very lacking in the hooks/song writing dept.

He is an unbelievable player but Chickenfoot is definitely more a band situation and not his normal solo show-off stuff.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby PianoMan1986 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:55 pm

If I recall correctly, when Chickenfoot came to fruition, Joe was glad to do the project because for years he'd wanted to be in a band project where he didn't have to be the sole focus or driving force of a group, not to discredit his abilities in any way. Personally, I still think these guys are great, loved the second album and am hoping for a third.
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby conversationpc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:12 am

Honestly, I think a band like this works better with Neal and Sammy than it does with Joe Satriani and Sammy. Satriani's a great player. I just think Neal's playing meshes much better with Sammy's voice and style.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:40 am

The HSAS record is still awesome 30 years later!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby JBlake » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:57 am

I've not heard a single song from this band but just the name makes me look to another direction.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby SF-Dano » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:14 pm

On of Satch's first "band projects". Anyone remember this one??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85DtP3MkXw8
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby SF-Dano » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:28 am

conversationpc wrote:Honestly, I think a band like this works better with Neal and Sammy than it does with Joe Satriani and Sammy. Satriani's a great player. I just think Neal's playing meshes much better with Sammy's voice and style.

I agree. Love Satch, but Neal and Sammy have a chemistry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4WnYZ6gC6M
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Return to Death By Stereo