new pink floyd

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

new pink floyd

Postby yulog » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:02 pm

its bad........ really bad
yulog
Stereo LP

Re: new pink floyd

Postby FormerDJMike » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Have you heard it yet? Are samples available? I saw a track listing and it looks to be full of songs. I am curious to hear it but don't think I'll be buying it any time soon.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby yulog » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:40 pm

FormerDJMike wrote:Have you heard it yet? Are samples available? I saw a track listing and it looks to be full of songs. I am curious to hear it but don't think I'll be buying it any time soon.

I think it was 18 songs and only 17 are what sounds like unfinished instrumentals, 1 actual song that souds like a leftover.....this is the kind of release that is just looking to cash in on the pink Floyd name. its crap
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:56 am

The album consists of instrumental tracks originally recorded during the Division Bell sessions featuring their now deceased keyboard player. They are a tribute. Only one song has vocals/lyrics.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:47 am

I agree with the consensus here. Major disappointment. The only good "song" is Louder Than Words. Everything else drones on into seemingly endless synthesizer wonkiness and Gilmour's laziest guitar effort to date. Two songs are direct ripoffs of Shine On Your Crazy Diamond's intro and Us and Them, complete with the sax solo. These "tracks" should have stayed on the cutting room floor. :oops:
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Return to Death By Stereo