Epic Records/Legacy Recordings To Release KANSAS DVD/CD

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Epic Records/Legacy Recordings To Release KANSAS DVD/CD

Postby tater1977 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:42 am

Epic Records/Legacy Recordings Set To Release KANSAS Miracles Out of Nowhere A New Full Length Documentary Revealing the Untold Story of the Great American Progressive Rock Band

DVD/CD Package Coming March 2015

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/epic- ... 00338.html

NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Epic Records and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release KANSAS - Miracles Out of Nowhere, a DVD/CD package celebrating one of the most popular American bands of the 1970s. The package includes a new, full-length, documentary film and a companion audio disc of greatest hits, deep album cuts, and more, in March 2015.

WATCH THE TRAILER BELOW

http://www.miraclesoutofnowhere.com/
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Epic Records/Legacy Recordings To Release KANSAS DVD/CD

Postby AR » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:02 am

I've never really heard their full story so this should be worth picking up.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:05 am

I wanna see this, can't wait! Great band.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby scarab » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:04 am

Looks good, thanks for the info.
Wish I would have seen Kansas in the last couple years.
I hope Walsh is interviewed, but I guess not as didn't see him in the preview.
New guy does a good enough job, but w/o Walsh or Livgren I will pass.
It really is too bad the Elefante didn't re-join. Now that would get me out there.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby rsimpson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:57 am

scarab wrote:Looks good, thanks for the info.
Wish I would have seen Kansas in the last couple years.
I hope Walsh is interviewed, but I guess not as didn't see him in the preview.
New guy does a good enough job, but w/o Walsh or Livgren I will pass.
It really is too bad the Elefante didn't re-join. Now that would get me out there.

Walsh is in the preview.
rsimpson
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:37 am

If you didn't order it, you need to ...the packaging, the CD, DVDS, pics, history are all worth it.

How they got their 'big' crowd... the night they auditioned for Don Kirshner's rep.
FREE BEER....

Snapshot.jpg
Snapshot.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:41 am

I just got it in the mail on Monday and watched it yesterday...It's pretty well done and, yes, there's plenty of interview material with Steve Walsh. As usual, he is pretty honest about the quality, or lack thereof, of his songwriting compared to Kerry Livgren's.

The only bad is that it doesn't delve into any of the conflicts and only covers the classic era of the band. There's nothing from the Elefante era or thereafter. I would've thought they would've at least covered the area around "Somewhere to Elsewhere" since it featured each of the original members to one degree or another.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby tater1977 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Hundreds fill auditorium for screening of Kansas documentary

http://cjonline.com/news/2015-04-12/hun ... ocumentary

'Miracles Out of Nowhere' chronicles the band's rise

April 12, 2015

By Justin Wingerter

justin.wingerter@cjonline.com

Hundreds of people Sunday night crowded into Topeka Bible Church for a public viewing of “Miracles Out of Nowhere,” a documentary on the rise of the band Kansas in the mid-1970s.

The 78-minute film was shown in the auditorium of the church, 1135 S.W. College Ave., beginning at 6:30 p.m. Organizers carried dozens of chairs from elsewhere in the church to accommodate the overflow crowd.

The documentary, which was filmed in Topeka, features interviews with original band members Phil Ehart, Dave Hope, Kerry Livgren, Robby Steinhardt, Steve Walsh and Richard Williams. It chronicles the band’s rise from performing at small Kansas bars in the early 1970s to selling out large stadiums by the middle of that decade.

The large crowd laughed often and clapped occasionally at the film, which features several anecdotes from the band’s first six years, such as recording sessions next to John Lennon and a disagreement with Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler in Wichita.

“We had everything a band needed to make it, except we were from Kansas,” Livgren says early in the documentary, alluding to the band’s struggles to get noticed by music executives in New York City and Los Angeles.

Band members lived on a dollar a day in 1973 as they toured constantly, playing small gigs throughout Kansas before recording their first album.

After the viewing, Livgren was in attendance to answers questions. He said he and other members of the band would go fishing or collect cans on the side of the highway to buy food.

“We were making a living mainly in the Midwest,” Walsh said in the documentary. “It was hard but it made us stronger.”

In March 1974, the band’s self-titled first album was released. Before the end of the decade, the band produced five more studio albums, along with a double live album recorded at Madison Square Garden in New York.

On the cover of the band’s debut album is the iconic mural of abolitionist John Brown in the Kansas Capitol. On the other side is a photo of the band members atop Burnett’s Mound in southwest Topeka. In the documentary, the band members revisit both spots and reflect on the role Topeka played in their musical journey.

Along with narration from band members, the documentary features interviews with several other musicians explaining the influence Kansas had on their music.

“These guys just reached out and grabbed my soul,” country musician Garth Brooks says as he describes his first Kansas concert.

“It sounded kind of classical, I suppose,” Queen guitarist Brian May adds.

The band underwent a series of changes in the 1980s and beyond, never recapturing the success of 1976’s “Carry on Wayward Son” and 1977’s “Dust in the Wind.” In 2000, the original band gathered in Topeka to record the album “Somewhere to Elsewhere” and has continued to tour annually since.

In 2009, Livgren suffered a stroke, requiring him to relearn English. He lives on a farm in Berryton with his wife, Vicci.

Livgren was met with a standing ovation as he took the stage after the viewing. He took questions from the crowd, speaking often of his spirituality.

Livgren’s current project has been in the works for 35 years, he said Sunday. “Cantata: The Resurrection Lazarus,” is an orchestral and vocal composition based on the biblical story from John Chapter 11.

“Miracles Out of Nowhere” debuted at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival on Feb. 2 and had its television premiere on VH1 Classic on March 20. It has been available in stores since March 24.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Return to Death By Stereo